Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,167
    Would you believe it? I ordered a few Series 16 CMFs from eBay and two of them turned up without one or more accessories and another accessory damaged! Both were in re-sealed CMF packets, so the parts didn't just drop out!
    Hiker - Backpack neck tab bent badly & map missing!
    Mariachi - No guitar!
    I've emailed the sellers and one has already replied to say that the parts are on their way and I'm waiting for the other.
    Hopefully everything will sort itself out, but how difficult is it to pack a CMF?!

The Wildlife Photographer was fine, as were the #40122 Trick or Treat Halloween Set, #30421 Skybound Plane and #60097 City Square that also turned up at work today.

The Goods-in guys must be heartily sick of me by now! ;-)
    SprinkleOtterLEGO_Dad77Bricklover18snowhitiebandit778
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,521
    In the short term this could be a chance good for Europeans to buy stuff from America if the wrong person is elected and the Dollar crashes......
    In the long term it could be really, really bad for everyone? 
    SprinkleOtterJern92
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Venunder said:
    In the short term this could be a chance good for Europeans to buy stuff from America if the wrong person is elected and the Dollar crashes......
    In the long term it could be really, really bad for everyone? 
    Brexit vote -> £ crash
    US election -> potential $ crash
    Puts us Brits back on an even footing with the US, I guess, but who really wins here? Eurozone? China? CEMAC?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,259
    edited November 2016
    who really wins here? 
    The cockroaches I guess? Won't be much longer until they are all that survives.
    SprinkleOtterbandit778Pitfall69LEGO_Dad77Bricklover18Yo_dA
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    If I may point out, it is still pretty cost-effective for UKers to buy from the US...
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,108
    Enjoying a few beverages later while building some backlog - mostly used pirate sets I want to ensure are complete - while awaiting election results....oh the suspense!
    LEGO_Dad77
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    i want #70596 samurai x cave chaos , but its so expensive.

meh
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    If I may point out, it is still pretty cost-effective for UKers to buy from the US...
    How do you work that out? It's been a long time since that was true. Until the summer, it was borderline; since then it's definitely not been the case. Indeed Americans have been looking at buying from amazon.co.uk because it's cheaper to do it in the opposite direction.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,508
    Tonights status. Replying to a friend of a friend on FB who has "£2000 of LEGO" to sell on. Loks to be several large boxes plus a pile of instruction books. Harry Potter, Monster Fighters, TMNT and much more. I've directed her to the website to investigate pricing and suggested she should try and build sets up. She was looking for £4-500 for the lot, if I had the money and space I'd go for it.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 707
    Damn, America. Can we at least avoid nuclear armageddon?
    dspigelVorpalRyuJern92SprinkleOtterAanchirjosekalelcatwrangler
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    ^Apparently we crashed Canada's immigration site.
    dspigelVorpalRyuJern92SprinkleOtterPitfall69
    Well I guess I better hit the ATM over here before my currency becomes worthless. Deepest and sincerest apologies to the rest of the world. I have never been more ashamed of anything in my life and fear that will only grow as time goes on.
    SalamalexVorpalRyuLostInTranslationbandit778LegoboyJenniSprinkleOtterjosekalelcatwrangler
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 830
    I'm still dumbfounded by what's happening in America. 
    SprinkleOtter
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,207
    I have woken up early (it's 25 past 6 in the morning) and thought I would check the headlines. I know it isn't final yet... but... I don't know what to say. I don't want to get political and I'm not American but... erm...quite shocked basically. 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    I'm guessing a lot of Americans are going to wake up to the same sense of shock, disbelief, anger and overwhelming sadness that I and a lot of my family and friends experienced the day after the Brexit referendum. 
    bandit778BumblepantsBricklover18Jern92snowhitieTheOriginalSimonBSumoLegocatwrangler
    @LostInTranslation exactly what I was thinking. 
    starwars4ever
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    A lot of people are already feeling shock and disbelief. I'm at college now, and there is currently a massive protest/riot going on outside. There are a ton of police too. 
    snowhitie
    We may make jokes over here in the rest of the world but I really hope everyone in America is safe and no one gets hurt. @Bricklover18 I hope you are OK. 
    Bricklover18catwrangler
    And all the other bricksetters over there in the states. 
    catwrangler
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited November 2016
    In fairness @LostInTranslation that is the nature of elections. If Hillary wins there would be as many or more people in America waking up feeling the same sense of shock, disbelief, anger and overwhelming sadness. Two terrible candidates each hated by half the population (how either party ended up with the worst possible candidates is beyond me) was always going to end up in disaster.
    BumblepantsGothamConstructionCoClutchPowerSirBenMegtheCat
    damn murica ....   its hitler 2.0 now ...
    SprinkleOtterjosekalel
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,167
    Received an Amazon package at work, and I don't even know what it is. This is how you know you're buying too much LEGO...
    LOL! Yup, same here... My latest delivery may be either the missing guitar for the CMF Mariachi that I bought off eBay, a Ninjago poly, a PAB order or one of two BrickLink orders... :-)
    snowhitie
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343

I'm at college now, and there is currently a massive protest/riot going on outside.
    That's fairly standard these days. Vote. The winner celebrates; the loser takes to the streets protesting demanding that it's all done again.
    ClutchPowerSumoLegoBricklover18
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    This is what I think. The whole country was split because of the election. Half wanted Clinton, half wanted Trump. The way I see it, when we have Trump for the next four years something will change dramatically. But if America doesn't like that, they can always wait till the next election. I think it's not about who wins the election, but that we should take for granted the right to vote. The right to express our opinion.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,508
    Got a rattling package delivered to work too. Was looking through Brickset at old City sets and saw #4442 glider and tow car that was only available through a couple of airlines. My wifes grandfather used to fly and instruct in gliders so i nipped on eBay and caught one for £3. Nice little set.
    GothamConstructionCostluxcatwrangler
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310

I was in WH Smiths on my lunch break and managed to find the last S16 minifigure I wanted. Bought it, put it in my pocket and walked back to work.

Get to work, its not in my pocket.:( Someone gets a free Penguin Suit Guy I guess...

edited November 2016
    sold some displayed sets again
     #2506 skull truck and #2263 turboshredder

this means: more display space for my trains. CHOO CHOO

getting myself a conductor hat now! CHOO CHOO
    catwrangler
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    Status: As my depression grew with the election results (sorry, I can't vote, so don't pin it on me) I decided against building the Pet Shop, since I didn't want to associate it with anything negative. 
    SalamalexLostInTranslationBricklover18Jern92
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 555
    My status is: super irritated.

I have a 76039 Ant-Man Final Battle that I have been hanging on to for a while, yesterday I finally decided that I would open it to build instead of reselling. I pop the seals just to discover it is missing one of the wings. I called LEGO customer service to find out that they don't have any to send me. I figured they would at least give me some VIP points or something but they pretty much just said "you can probably get one at bricklink. Thanks bye!"

Can't say I'm very pleased right now, it makes me wonder what else is in my backlog that is missing pieces that I will have to order from bricklink.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,551
    ^I often wonder how many of the really expensive retired sets have missing parts. Not that anybody is actually opening them, but can you imagine opening up a sealed UCS Millennium Falcon and finding out it is missing parts?
    catwrangler
    ^I have spare wings I can send you if you don't mind waiting until summer when I can get to them.
    tallblocktoobandit778SprinkleOtterLegoboyJennisnowhitielegonut80
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    ^I often wonder how many of the really expensive retired sets have missing parts. Not that anybody is actually opening them, but can you imagine opening up a sealed UCS Millennium Falcon and finding out it is missing parts?
    Would TLG help with that? I have often wondered that myself. I mean, almost all of us have a good amount of sealed sets, and I cannot imagine myself, five years from now, trying to build one of them and figuring out it's missing some pieces. 
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 555
    ^I have spare wings I can send you if you don't mind waiting until summer when I can get to them.
    That is a kind offer @Bumblepants but it's ok. I found some on bricklink so no huge deal, I guess it was the lack of empathy from the customer service person that irritated me. 
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,108
    josekalel said:
    Would TLG help with that? I have often wondered that myself. I mean, almost all of us have a good amount of sealed sets, and I cannot imagine myself, five years from now, trying to build one of them and figuring out it's missing some pieces. 
    I think this is a rather philosophical question.  I mean, in the end, isnt this one of those questions that doesnt really have an answer?  Not the question pertaining to whether or not TLG would send you the part, if they have it, they will.  But the question of does my set or sets have any missing pieces that will never be opened?  Or perhaps be kept sealed for 10 years?  The answer is so close yet so far away it is unreal.  All you have to do is open the box to find out!  But we don't.  Why?  Because we rely on the idea that TLG does a really good job at ensuring all pieces are there for us, but sometimes that doesnt happen.  Ultimately, it is a question to ponder and to not lose sleep over - instead just wonder.  I dont think there is an answer to this, just debate and wonder.  
    josekalel
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @eggshen  I wonder if this is typical behaviour of customer service at TLG or you just had a bad experience with one rep..  Have others experienced the same?  Would it be worthwhile pursing it again to see if another rep would handle this differently?  You would think at the very least they could compensate you with some VIP points as mentioned. 
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,093
    I have had a similar response to a damaged sticker sheet (folded in half) for #70815 that I brought 2 weeks prior to opening the set.
    It wasn't a rude reply,  just a 'we haven't got them try online' type thing.
    As the set was a retired set when I got hold of it, it didn't seem much of an issue as I appreciate they can't have spares for everything and are quite willing to send out bits when they have them. 
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 482
    josekalel said:
    I think this is a rather philosophical question.  I mean, in the end, isnt this one of those questions that doesnt really have an answer?  Not the question pertaining to whether or not TLG would send you the part, if they have it, they will.  But the question of does my set or sets have any missing pieces that will never be opened?  Or perhaps be kept sealed for 10 years?  The answer is so close yet so far away it is unreal.  All you have to do is open the box to find out!  But we don't.  Why?  Because we rely on the idea that TLG does a really good job at ensuring all pieces are there for us, but sometimes that doesnt happen.  Ultimately, it is a question to ponder and to not lose sleep over - instead just wonder.  I dont think there is an answer to this, just debate and wonder.  
    josekalel said:
    Has anyone come across a collector advanced in age that cannot bring themselves to open and build a set they have even when they days are numbered? And what happens to that set?
    Makes me think of a set that travels through generations until someone opens up the box and find it filled with "alternate" pieces. What a spectacle! 
    catwrangler
    Thanks @bandit778 good to know.  Agreed it would seem they would have limited stock of specilaized select items.  
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    JooTog said:
    josekalel said:
    Are you referring to Schrodinger's LEGO? That a part can be at the same time in a state of missing and not missing until the set is opened?
    Do waves of pieces, when observed, become PARTicles?
    JooTogsnowhitiecatwrangler
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,753
    ^WTF?  Seems you changed!  Go back to bed!!
    SumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Legoboy said:
    Maybe you need to change your man-diaper  ;)
    ClutchPowerSumoLegoBricklover18davetheoxygenmanLEGO_Dad77
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    edited November 2016
    Considering that the Cubs won the World Series and the Cavaliers won an NBA Championship for Cleveland, I'm waiting for the zombie horde to emerge from the ocean and consume all of us.
    Pitfall69 said:
    The apocalypse hasn't started becauae Trump won... Nothing has changed. 

As long as there is Lego;  the world will always be a wonderful place :)
    People completely over-react to just about everything.  If Trump fails in bringing jobs to the rust-belt States that ushered in his Presidency, then he'll go the way of Galidor.

But, my eggs did taste funny in the middle off the rioting.  

Thankfully, nine long months until more political ads!

Pitfall69 said:
    Legoboy said:
    Maybe you need to change your man-diaper  ;)
    Let's make @Pitfall69 great again!
    Bricklover18TheMaker37davetheoxygenmanbrumey
    Sumolego said:
    Let's make @Pitfall69 great again!
    That assumes that I was previously great; I think that is a bit of a reach.
    Shib
    Apparently you were great in someones eyes!  
    Apparently you were great in someones eyes!  
    Oedipus was his name ,)
    tallblocktoo