Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Mixels Discussion Thread

2»

Comments

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    We've got series 9 already over here, bit of a shock, I'm normally used to hearing how everywhere else has the newest Lego products released & looking at the same old stock for at least a month down the track...
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,712
    Still no sign in the usual Ipswich town centre suspects of The Entertainer, Debenhams and WH Smiths.  Didn't have time to check small Sainsburys but will be visiting big Tesco and TRU on the way home.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,712
    And no joy there either...
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
    Still haven't found the new mixels. Brickset shows October 1st release and nowhere else seems to stock them, except eBay. @Venunder are you sure UK release was Nov. 1st ? Has anyone in the U.K. brought any ?
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,450
    [email protected] EU is showing Sold Out for all Series 9 Mixels?
  • krankkrank USMember Posts: 26
    I went to my Lego store couple weekends ago and they brought out series 4 Mixels for $0.98 each (during double points too). They ran out of series 7, which they were selling for $2.98 in the weeks before that.
    pharmjodThe_Mad_Vulcan
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I would buy all the Mixels they had at $1 each. Love those things. Fantastic parts packs at that price.
    catwrangler77ncaachamps
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 365
    Still haven't found the new mixels. Brickset shows October 1st release and nowhere else seems to stock them, except eBay. @Venunder are you sure UK release was Nov. 1st ? Has anyone in the U.K. brought any ?
    I've only seen them in my local Lego store in Brighton. Been in stock there fore several weeks now, certainly available during some of October. So far I've got 6 of them.
    sonatine01
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,385
    They were available in the Sheffield store today, and had plenty.
    sonatine01
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    I asked around today amongst about a dozen contacts who ought to know, and three or four who really ought to know. The bottom line is that they don't - none of them.

They were available at the beginning of October. They do exist in the wild, and are available if you're lucky. That's the easy bit.

There's a shortage (as if you weren't aware of that). There is rumour that production was scaled back - but only a rumour. I have my doubts whether that's true, and if TLG are switched on, that ought not to be true for much longer. They are selling like hotcakes, largely because they're seen as being in demand because they're the last series, so people are buying them and flipping them at 2-3 times the price on eBay. This is, of course, a vicious circle in that the more the resellers buy, the more people panic. There aren't any buying restrictions on Mixels like there are on exclusives.

TLG are making the situation worse. For one thing, they are staying schtum. Even, the brand stores don't really know whether to expect more or not. Some brand stores have had continuous supplies and large deliveries. Others have had none for a couple of weeks. The stores that have them, don't realise there are stores that don't, and vice-versa.

I said there was a shortage. What seems to be happening is that deliveries are being prioritised. For some brand stores, with the best sales, everything is normal; others have a problem. The online shop is further down the tree and is presumably why they're sold out. Other retailers come even lower. If that sounds the way it should be, it's not. If they're in the "wrong place", there are kids who know they're available - but not for them, and nobody can tell them what's happening. The "right place" is simply where the eBayers, not the kids, snap them up.

As I've mentioned, there is no indication of where this is going, whether the shortage is just temporary and they'll still be on the shelves after Christmas, whether what's there now is the end of the line, or somewhere in between.

The test might be whether Leicester Square has any when the doors first open, and whether it can manage to keep them on its shelves a couple of days later.

It's worth noting that many other series of Mixels have sold out within days, yet have still been around a couple of months later.
    sonatine01catwrangler
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,621
    It all seems a bit odd. Why would TLG make some, but then cut production early? 
    I can only see there being a shortage if something went wrong with delivery to stores.
    I can only speculate.
    Maybe a container ship has been lost at sea?
    I have one on order from [email protected] but delivery has been delayed for some reason.
    Venunder said:
    It all seems a bit odd.
    Yep.
    Why would TLG make some, but then cut production early?
    Because they don't want to be left with any hanging around. Maybe.
    Maybe a container ship has been lost at sea?
    I wondered that, but I doubt they come by sea from Europe! I suppose they could've had a problem with stowaways in Calais.

I have a feeling (only) they're packed in Poland. Any Poles want to comment on their availability in the likes of Auchan who usually have billions of them? Or elsewhere in Europe?
    I have one on order from [email protected] but delivery has been delayed for some reason.
    The web site says "sold out", which is normally terminal. But an order gives you an excuse to ask what's going on. You need to know in case you have to make alternative arrangements.
    I think TLG know how many they can sell  from previous waves and the general demand noted on websites such as Brickset and Eurobricks. So why cut production before that amount is reached.? 
    I just hope I can eventually find the ones I want to finish the series. :)
    Venunder said:

I just hope I can eventually find the ones I want to finish the series. :)
    There are brand stores that have full sets at the moment. If you can find a way of getting at them, they're available. I don't think the stores do telephone orders any more.
    sonatine01
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,980
    Venunder said:
    I think TLG know how many they can sell from previous waves and the general demand noted on websites such as Brickset and Eurobricks. So why cut production before that amount is reached.?
    If that is in fact what's happening, it could be that they just had to prioritize production of another theme that's in higher demand than anticipated. It's also possible that kids are no longer as into Mixels as they were earlier in the theme's lifespan.
    MattDawson
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
    Thanks @TigerMoth .Basically if I find them in a brand store I better buy them to be on the safe side, I'd rather that than have a chance I'd miss out.

Tesco is pretty much the only place that sells them locally to me and they don't usually stock them for a month or so after release.

I don't suppose anyone has seen them at the Lego store in Milton Keynes ? Although I should just be able to ring them and check stock.
  • BrickaholicBrickaholic UKMember Posts: 342
    In stock now [email protected] uk
    snowhitie
  • blahblahblahblah Member Posts: 17
    Looking to buy a complete set of Series 9, if anybody can help, didn't realise they had been released - obviously a bit slow.  Need for my son to complete his set.

Usually buy from my local Tesco but obviously not been sold on general release this time. 
    blahblah said:
    Looking to buy a complete set of Series 9, if anybody can help
    Er....

blahblah said:
    Usually buy from my local Tesco but obviously not been sold on general release this time. 
    There's been some supply issues. That doesn't mean they won't still turn up in the usual places. Nor does it mean they will.

TigerMoth said:
    blahblah said:
    Looking to buy a complete set of Series 9, if anybody can help
    Er....

blahblah said:
    There's been some supply issues. That doesn't mean they won't still turn up in the usual places. Nor does it mean they will.

Most of them sold out on [email protected], only three available and as I live in Cornwall, unfortunately no nearby Lego shop for me

However, I telephoned a toy shop this morning, that I have sourced previous ones from in the past and was told "Series 9 only available direct from Lego, not being sent out to general retailers, as in the past". 

catwranglersonatine01
  • BrickaholicBrickaholic UKMember Posts: 342
    Not even a thanks :(
    Not even a thanks :(
    Thanks for posting but unfortunately I found it too late, all but three gone and doesn't look like any more stock due in - "sold out" & "phone for availability" on others.
    blahblah said:

Thanks for posting but unfortunately I found it too late, all but three gone and doesn't look like any more stock due in - "sold out" & "phone for availability" on others.
    They were listed as "sold out" a week ago, too. Since when they've been, and gone - again. On recent experience, the same is also quite likely to be true at the brand stores, or some of them.

The bit that should worry you more is that they're now marked as "retiring soon", although "soon" could mean anything.

If it says "phone for availability", did you?  That seems to mean that stock levels are too low for them to be sure that they can count straight, but is also likely to mean they might have a few. Phoning them will might also tell you what is going to happen and whether more stock is due, rather than just guessing.
    My Sweepz finally arrived. But I am not hopeful about getting the others that I want. 
    My response from Lego, there may be more Mixels coming.  I don't know if Smyths had them or not but unfortunately my nearest store is Plymouth, which is an hour and a half away, so not worth the drive for me.

"Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It's great to hear your son is a huge LEGO® Mixels™ fan!

It’s a very popular theme, especially the series 9, and we’ve had a lot more orders than we expected. We don’t have any in stock at the moment, and we’re working hard to make more. Currently from all the Mixels we have only Gobbol and Compax available.

I checked out that there is three Smyth stores in your area  and I know that some of those stores may still have Mixels on their shelves.

We will update our website as soon as we will get more Mixels. I understand that you want to perhaps do your Christmas shopping early and for this reason please keep on eye on our website in the upcoming weeks."

stluxcatwranglersonatine01
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    Only just looked at this thread. I'm sorry to hear that there is such a shortage. To answer someone's question above, I did manage to buy them in the beginning of October. I usually wait for double VIP but wanted to make sure I got the London bus. Sounds like that was lucky.

I'll keep an eye out and when I see them in stock will post here too.

I've never seen any mixels in the wild in Belgium - just Lego stores. Have seen them in Sainsbury's and Debenhams in UK. Hope people that want to complete their series get a chance to do so. Never known them to sell it that quick.

Series 9 available at the Westfield Lego shop.
    sonatine01
    stlux said:
    Series 9 available at the Westfield Lego shop.
    Er, that doesn't work very well.

There's Westfield London, in Shepherd's Bush and Westfield Stratford in Stratford. Both end up getting called "Westfield" by their respective locals.

Welcome to Blighty.
    edited November 2016
    The Shepherd's Bush London one ;)
    stlux said:
    The Shepherd's Bush London one ;)
    Jump on the Central line, have a nap, and you'll get to the Stratford one.
    And because I'm visiting London without my wife, I did just that ;) Probably a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to visit multiple Lego stores in 1 day...

On topic: also series 9 Mixels in the Stratford store.

MattDawsonLegogrambandit778catwranglerVorpalRyupharmjod
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Series 9 Mixels (and all series) are 2 for $8 at TRU til this weekend.
  • mklegomklego Member Posts: 109
    Hi, looking for a few mixels series 9 to complete our sets, but miles from nearest store. Is there anybody near a lego shop who would be willing to pick the ones we need up and post to us please. Happy to forgo any points or freebies associated with the spend, and will of course pay p&p etc. Please pm if you can help!
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    Completed Series 3-9.
    I have none from Series 1-2 and not gonna spend the dough on those.

I only have a few on display. I would like to display them all, but they take too much space.

I've been building them, one at a time, at lunch time at the office; it entertains coworkers (non-LEGO folks) watch how they are put together. If I find some on clearance, might buy a few for them to give it a try :-)

The_Mad_Vulcan
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    ^Good work! I have also been filling the gaps on the later series. It's pretty reasonable to find anything back to Series 3 in stores still, round here, if you look. Though some individual Mixels are in higher demand.

Series 1 and 2 are pretty crazy priced for new in package, but I've seen some good numbers on used (but near mint) lots. I'll start chasing those soon I think.

Favorite tribe of 3-9?
    JooTog
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    Favorite? I will have to go with Series 7 Mixies; it's the one that drove me into Mixels, with Tapsy being the very first Mixels I bought.

Runners-up:

- Series 8 Pyrratz
    - Series 7 Medivals
    - Series 5 Lixers
    - Series 3 Wiztastics
    - Series 4 Glowkies

I have not built Series 9 Newzers yet, but I have a feeling it might be knock Glowkies from the list.