Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Scottish LUG

124»

Comments

• khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,226
    Me! :)  How early are people planning on getting there?  I think I'll travel via bus this time...
    thebeermonkey
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    @BOBJACK_JACKBOB @khmellymel

I'll be there at 9 am. Just as the store opens!
    khmellymel
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 528
    Fyi still waiting for confirmation of venue but we are hoping to have an Edinburgh AFOL night on the 15th of November.
  • Tufted_duckTufted_duck Edinburgh Member Posts: 77
    Unfortunately can't make Saturday but thanks for lifting my spirits with that Doug! hope to catch up with folk on the 15th
    Just had the venue confirmed okay for Tuesday 15th of November for Edinburgh AFOL Evening Gathering....

No surprise but it's the same venue as the last couple of meet ups.  The function room on the at Mccowans Brewhouse, Fountain Park, 134 Dundee St, Edinburgh EH11 1AF.  Starting from around 6pm but lasting a good few hours for those who are going to be later (which could be me as well)

Fingers crossed folks can make it.

I expect we'll be discussing what folks ideas/plans are for builds for the Edinburgh Comic Con 2017 (15&16th April) which is talking about giving AFOLs a LEGO Zone to put out stuff on display - ie much more space than last year! That build will be open to EVERYONE I should add not just those in Edinburgh!

• AAE96AAE96 GlasgowMember Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm a second year product design student from the Glasgow School of Art. My current project is looking at hobbyist groups, I was wondering wether there are any AFOL groups in Scotland which I may be able to come along to? I have always enjoyed lego myself and would love to get involved and learn about your interests and activities which will form the basis for this design project,
    hope to hear from you soon, 
    Alison 

• nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 872
    Hi Alison, there is a meet up in Edinburgh one month then Glasgow the next. There is Aberdeen as well. Edinburgh is next week. A good place to start would the tartanlug facebook group, there are other Scots on there, quite a few central belt. You can also see pics etc of what we have been up to. I was a prod design engineering student at strath, a long time ago though :)
  • AAE96AAE96 GlasgowMember Posts: 2
    great! thank you so much, look forward to meeting you on Tuesday! 
    Just a bump/reminder for those of us who can't make it down to the London Store opening thing tomorrow there's the Edinburgh AFOL's meet up tonight.
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 471
    Thanks @DougTemplar for organising the meetup in edinburgh earlier this week. It was good to meet up with you and @nexander again and very nice to meet @raygunn and @AAE96 . Hopefully there will be more people next time. Low attendance was definitely due to the new store opening. Looking forward to hearing your further plans re upcoming displays Doug.