Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hi from Ghent, Belgium

LjosmyndunLjosmyndun Ghent, BelgiumMember Posts: 9
Hi there!

I just joined this forum. I'm a 24-year-old Belgian who loves to build LEGO-constructions. I had some long Dark Ages (haha), but bought/built the Parisian restaurant last month and I'm currently working on the Big Ben.

Comments

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Hi there, welcome to Brickset.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    That's 2 nice sets to come out of your dark ages to.  Welcome to Brickset, we have an ever growing amount of Belgians joining us now.

Are you planning on getting more and more modulars?
  • LjosmyndunLjosmyndun Ghent, BelgiumMember Posts: 9
    That's 2 nice sets to come out of your dark ages to.  Welcome to Brickset, we have an ever growing amount of Belgians joining us now.

I think I will, yes! Really enjoy building those big sets, at the moment I don't see myself buying small sets just to have them :)
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,824
    Welcome to Brickset! :)
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141

I think I will, yes! Really enjoy building those big sets, at the moment I don't see myself buying small sets just to have them :)
    I am just now wondering if you are a collector that has to complete or if you are happy just to collect what is available.  Can get mightily expensive if you want the Green Grocer or other older sets.
    I agree with you too.  I love the large sets now and am slowly losing interest in the smaller sets but the minifigs keep pulling me pack to some of the smaller sets, especially in the superheroes range.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,923
    Welcome to Brickset! Two great sets.
    Glad to see another Belgian on here!
    wardm
  • LjosmyndunLjosmyndun Ghent, BelgiumMember Posts: 9
    I am just now wondering if you are a collector that has to complete or if you are happy just to collect what is available.  Can get mightily expensive if you want the Green Grocer or other older sets.
    Few months later and I can definitely say that I'm the second type :) Just love to have and build large sets!
    snowhitie
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,703
    Well, you've probably saved yourself a fair amount of money with that self-assessment! Your restraint is admirable!
    stlux
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    All in good time, give if a year and your eyes will see more and more sets that you'll want only to find they're discontinued. 

Haunted house is one that i desperately want and the longer i leave it, the harder to find / more expensive it will become.... And dont get me started on #9465.

Welcome to the forum.