What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    josekalel said:
    Status: Picked up #31052 at Target and managed to find a S15 CMF, the Astronaut. I feel very tempted to start building the RV but I also want to do a MOC of the #75132 since I have three packs (one assembled). Have any of you done anything with #75132 to make it a MOC?
    I also have 3 #75132 First Order Battle Pack sets (1 built). I have it all in LDD with the intent to MOC something... don't expect much :-(
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    Presented with 4206, which I have been desiring for some time, as a well done for surviving the last half term. 
    LostInTranslationSirKevbagsstluxJenni
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Status - puzzled. Pulled four adjacent bags from a newly-opened box of minifigures, and got four babysitters. What are the odds? Are they not randomly packed?
    If it's random, then eventually every single combination will come out of the factory - including a box where they're all arranged alphabetically! Theoretically...
    HugeYellowBrickKingAlanI
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,194
    Salamalex said:
    Presented with 4206, which I have been desiring for some time, as a well done for surviving the last half term. 
    Hadn't seen this set yet, but now I have a burning need to have this.
    New number of sets wanted: 711...
    Salamalexstarwars4ever
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,095
    My LEGO status has been rather lacking recently, due to work. Having said that, I've been working on a set review, which is just about complete and a small package arrived the other day, containing a lot of 2x2 tiles and a few other bits and pieces, so I spent a pleasant, relaxing time building my modular street pavements last night, once everyone else was in bed.
    Unfortunately, I didn't order enough Medium and Dark Stone Grey 2x2 tiles, so I need a load more... Another 30 and 100 respectively should do and leave some spares left over as well.

stlux
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    @JooTog without a doubt, #31052 is one of the worst battle packs available. I have been looking at it seems nobody has done a MOC with them...which doesn't say good things about it. 
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,941
    ^ It does have a nice bear in the set if you want to build a forest though.
    ;)
    Bricklover18Jern92
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,530
    ^^++ regarding CMF bags in boxes - they are not (all) random. I went through a newly opened box of Disney ones and I got 3 or 4 of each one in a row before it went on to the next one. Made it much easier to find the ones I wanted! That also meant that not every box has an example of every figure. Just FYI!
    KingAlanI
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    MaffyD said:
    ^^++ regarding CMF bags in boxes - they are not (all) random. I went through a newly opened box of Disney ones and I got 3 or 4 of each one in a row before it went on to the next one. Made it much easier to find the ones I wanted! That also meant that not every box has an example of every figure. Just FYI!
    Interesting! With previous series, I remember reading reviews on EB about the distribution of figures per box, which assumes each box has the same figures in it...
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    The distribution is still supposed to be fixed (and ensures every box has every figure). That probably means you'd expect them to be grouped. The snag with that is that there are only supposed to be three babysitters...
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,530
    ^ I might have that last bit wrong - I thought at the time that if a normal series had 16 minifigs, and the Disney one had 2 more, then they would have to alter how they packed them in and so couldn't fit everything into a single box. But now I think that's probably rubbish (they just needed to include less of a few of them). And wouldn't apply to regular sets anyway. But they were definitely not random.
    KingAlanI
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,293
    Popped in my local TrU on the way back from site today. They had a couple of the First Order General poly out, grabbed three and only got charged for two, unless I missed any 3for2 signs nearby!

@bandit778 I made a mistake, I was referring to #75132, not about the Vacation Getaway.
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    Currently sick but at least I have some more time to build some new polybags!
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,786
    Discovered Argos's Ebay outlet haven't actually refunded my Paypal for General Magmar's Twice Paid For Siege Machine Of Doom (hereafter: GMTPFSMOD) as promised, so got in touch with the relevant customer service number. They get a few days to get in touch and resolve it, otherwise I'll have to go to Paypal. Poking around their Ebay (which I should've done before buying the accursed thing), I discovered they have a huge amount of negative feedback. Live and learn...

Meanwhile, I gathered up various assembled sets that had congregated in the living room, but left Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum out because it's vaguely Hallowe'eny and will be nice to keep on display. Otherwise, I need the room for Hallowe'en decorating... including my spooky MOC! :D The weekend will be dedicated to the latter...
    snowhitiejosekalelLEGO_Dad77ricecake
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,214
    While looking at some parts I was sorting I couldn't help but look at the Black Panther\White Tiger headpiece and think that it could be used in future for a good Daredevil figure...

Total wishful thinking obviously but I can dream
    SprinkleOtterLostInTranslationcatwranglerLEGO_Dad77BuriedinBricksDontcopythatfloppysnowhitiebookmumVorpalRyu
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    edited October 2016
    stlux said:
    Salamalex said:
    Hadn't seen this set yet, but now I have a burning need to have this.
    New number of sets wanted: 711...
    @stlux apparently it's quite cheap at the moment (according to cheapskate hubby).
    stlux
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    ^ Wow, just wow...
    Btw, @Pitfall69 have you seen the Darth Jar Jar rumor yet? ;D
    Pitfall69
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    Building a park and I was tiling around the fountain in the middle when I ran out of light bluish grey 1x1 tiles. Never thought I'd see the day, what with all the spares coming in with every single set I buy.
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    ^Those are fantastic!
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 893
    ^Those are fantastic!
    Thanks, I built them from the official photos.
    LEGO_Dad77Pitfall69
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,875
    Status - puzzled. Pulled four adjacent bags from a newly-opened box of minifigures, and got four babysitters. What are the odds? Are they not randomly packed?
    I've noticed duplicates near each other when searching CMF cases, but not usually all of them in the same spot. And Babysitter is supposed to be a 3 of, but I have seen cases with 5 Rogues when that's supposed to be a 4 of.

@Yodalicious on Scooby-Doo and @jern92 on Frozen, on collecting all of a theme, is the problem wanting variant minis of the same character?

@josekalel and @jootog I combined all the parts of 2 #75078 (a different SW battlepack) into the same model, does that help? http://www.mediafire.com/view/h0de0wjwh3bv020/

@Recce the one on the left looks like an ordinary dentist's chair. you had bad luck with that? the thing on the right looks like a baby carriage. is the joke parenthood = scary? the middle device seems to be a camera - did you not get superpowers from the radiation?

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    KingAlanI said:

@Yodalicious on Scooby-Doo and @jern92 on Frozen, on collecting all of a theme, is the problem wanting variant minis of the same character?
    For me, when it comes to Superheroes, yes. When it comes to Scooby Doo, no. The desire is more the bad guys, a cool lighthouse, and the ability to complete the theme for less than $70. But, so far, I've held off. Fingers crossed. 
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    @josekalel @KingAlanI After much deliberation (read: playing around with LDD), I came up with the following attempts to combine two or more #75132 First Order Battle Pack sets.

I decided to go with the simpler approach (this was actually my third attempt). The original, unmodified towers with added parts for the laser fence. The fence can be as long as needed/wanted and as many towers as needed can be combined.

My first attempt was combining two towers in sort of an array. While this kind be applied to as many towers as needed, I found it very VERY lame. No extra parts were use.

Note: This is just two towers combined with the unused pieces. I duplicated the tower to show it on both sides.

Then there was this monstrosity :-( Again, just combining two towers but it could be extended to make the tower taller. Too unused pieces. No extra parts were use.
    Note: This is just two towers combined with the unused pieces. I duplicated the tower to show it on both sides.

I'll be creating fences to connect three towers when I get home.
    Bumblepantscatwranglerbandit778snowhitieLEGO_Dad77ClutchPowerSprinkleOtterKingAlanIWookie2
  • Maniac4BricksManiac4Bricks Member Posts: 9
    Wow, last time I wrote here was January 18 before I moved. Months later I still have to organize my LEGO in the new house but at least it's contained in it's own LEGO room (for the most part). Last night I built a new Little Shop of Horrors vignette and today I'm ringing it and other displays to BrickFair NJ. Yes, I do LEGO conventions mostly in New Jersey :)
    catwranglerjosekalelsnowhitie
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    Wow, last time I wrote here was January 18 before I moved. Months later I still have to organize my LEGO in the new house but at least it's contained in it's own LEGO room (for the most part). Last night I built a new Little Shop of Horrors vignette and today I'm ringing it and other displays to BrickFair NJ. Yes, I do LEGO conventions mostly in New Jersey :)
    Cool! I'm headed to BrickFair New Jersey today as well! I'll be wearing the same LEGO Elves themed badge I built for BrickFair Virginia (https://flic.kr/p/KvqLz1), so if you see me, feel free to say hi!
    SprinkleOtter
    @JooTog A few days ago I downloaded LDD but realized I don't have the patience to use it...I like the first two ideas, I might try them and try my own today after I work on Vacation Getaway.
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,196
    When it come to building pretty much all I have ever built is houses. I had an idea to build a pumpkin out of the orange pieces from my spongebob set. It didn't really work so I turned it into a pumpkin house. Well the front of one. Happy (almost) Halloween! 

TheOriginalSimonBLostInTranslationcatwranglerSprinkleOtterLegopants
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 467
    My Lego status today is bummed. I was a little late jumping on a great deal on CL for four large sets. There was one person in front of me and he bought them when he came to check them out.
    List
    All used, supposedly built once 100% complete for $550
    LEGO_Dad77
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    DAYUMMMMM. The deal that got away huh? <heartbreak>
    TheMaker37
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 467
    ^^ Yes, it still hurts. I was already fantasizing about putting them together over the next few months.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,483
    I have my hands on the 24 in 1 set. But I want to wait for December to build the 24 items. How do I stop myself opening the set?
    I think I am going to have to wrap it in Holiday Paper and tuck the set behind my Modulars. :) 

William_Townsleysnowhitiecatwranglerlegonut80
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    KingAlanI said:

For me, I'm more of a completionist, so while I don't really care about variant minidolls, I feel a strange need to have all the sets in a particular series (within reason, that is). For example, I have all but the first 3 modulars, and I'm not going to shell out thousands of dollars for them.
    LegogramYodaliciousKingAlanI
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    My Lego status today is bummed. I was a little late jumping on a great deal on CL for four large sets. There was one person in front of me and he bought them when he came to check them out.
    List
    All used, supposedly built once 100% complete for $550
    I hate it when that happens (and it has happened to me a lot). I always try offering extra, if it is worth it. Because I have never had the first person not take the stuff.
    TheMaker37
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited October 2016
    Getting Scary.........
    What? The thought of having to strip that three times?

PS we need some pumpkins!
    SalamalexJenni
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 641
    Heading out to BrickLive any time now. Looking forward to a Lego filled day. 
    LEGO_Dad77snowhitie
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,196
    I'm on a lovely Chiltern train that is heading to Birmingham. Sadly I'm not actually going to brum and the bricklive event. This train is very busy for Friday lunchtime. Is this train full of AFOLs? 
    catwranglerLEGO_Dad77snowhitie
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Just saw Doctor Strange, so now I'm wanting to break the ruling of no more regular sets built until the Lego room is finished and build my #76060
    catwranglerstluxSpeedman29
  • asrfarinhaasrfarinha Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 138
    Two big boxes from Amazon just arrived :D
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,125
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,786
    Excited about the extra Lego freebies and getting 3 for 2 on minifigures! Have reluctantly decided, however, to scale down my Hallowe'en model; I'm finding it hard enough to find the energy to decorate for Hallowe'en this year!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Manning up to spend some time doing PaB orders at [email protected] whilst double points is still on.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    VorpalRyu said:
    Just saw Doctor Strange, so now I'm wanting to break the ruling of no more regular sets built until the Lego room is finished and build my #76060
    So what did you think of the movie @VorpalRyu?
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    @BrickDancer, it was seriously awesome, thinking I might see it in 3D when I go back to see it again. Looking forward to seeing more of Strange's involvement in the MCU and I particularly like the angle they took with Mordo. Just be sure to stay for end credits, bottomless beer mug....all I'm going to say.
    LostInTranslationBrickDancerbandit778snowhitieMaffyD