Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Help finding red wheels for Toy Story Train

hi
spent the evinced rebuilding by daughters Toy Story Train only to find the front set of wheels and part of the structure were missing. Easy enough to order the replacement parts from Lego/brickowl for a few pounds, which I have done, but can't track down the 4 red wheels. Part 4589201. Any help tracking down 4 of these would be appreciated :)
thanks
matt

Comments

• luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    edited October 2016
    Is it Part 55423c01 on BL - combined part with rubber friction band?  There are a number for sale in red on this basis, not desperately cheap but they are available.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    Yeah, seen these, but was hoping to get a better price and keep shipping to the UK. I want the set complete but not at all costs.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    hi
    spent the evinced rebuilding by daughters Toy Story Train only to find the front set of wheels and part of the structure were missing. Easy enough to order the replacement parts from Lego/brickowl for a few pounds, which I have done, but can't track down the 4 red wheels. Part 4589201. Any help tracking down 4 of these would be appreciated :)
    thanks
    matt
    Bricklink suggest that these, or more likely, their replacements, are in #10254. That doesn't mean that it's true. As they are technically a new part, they're not available yet from TLG as replacement parts - but they probably will be. Whether they're different, or significantly so, is another matter. As is whether it matters to you.

Have you tried calling customer services? Ask them about 6148299. Their internal systems have a lot more information than the online version. If they're available, they'll probably just send you a set.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,450
    I also have my fingers crossed that the red train elements in #10254 (wheels and bogie plate) will bring the price down of these and similar parts / allow my to substitute the missing parts of my #7750 Steam Engine.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,490
    Hmmmm, I feel like I have seen red train wheels in amongst the piles. I will definitely be looking out for them from now on.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,439
    edited October 2016
    Bogie wheels? I brought one of those Toy Story train sets (which was only 50% there) from a second hand shop but the wheels were there. And as I'm unlikely to do a German steam engine, they're going spare.

Would it just be those wheels you are after, or the big ones too?
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,450
    The red wheels for both the Toy Story train and the new Winter Holiday train are with Technic axle holes, so doesn't work with my #7750 :( I think the old system with the pins looks better.
    Hi @MattDawson yes, just the front four wheels. If they are going spare drop me a PM and maybe we can sort something out, that would be fantastic.
    thanks loads
    MattDawson
    They were wheely easy to find... 
    stluxTheOriginalSimonBcatwranglerstarwars4everSprinkleOtterLordmoral
    Lovey :)
    On a cold October morning, a crowd gathered outside the designated building. It was dry, and the air crisp. The mysterious, god-like lady appeared behind the glass, and turned the key to open the door. "Come in" she said, before gliding away, before entering the door to behind the counter. 

The portal open, the mere mortals waiting outside rushed in and formed a queue. It was official: the Post Office was open for business. And in the queue, a strange, peculiar man, clutching a small white padded envelope. For in the envelope contained the wheels of a mighty locomotive, waiting for shipping to their new owner. 

"Can I send this first class please?" asked the man. The lady eyed the package suspectedly. "OK, if you'd like to put it into the scales please" she asked, and the man obliged.

"Did you want to send it recorded or signed for?" she queried, in an attempt to drum up business. "How much would it cost?" queried the customer. The actual figures were forgotten, but what seemed astronomical numbers puzzled the man. "I'll just stick to first, please" the man replied after the lady reeled off the costs. The lady searched for a first class stamp, and proceeded to put it on the envelope. Money was exchanged, and the man walked out the shop, with a slightly lighter wallet.
    SprinkleOtterkhmellymeliso3200SirBenbandit778AllBrickcatwrangler

:)

Thanks for the assist, classic Brickset community spirit much appreicated

SprinkleOtter
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,764
    They were wheely easy to find... 
    I tire of these wheel jokes...
    catwranglerAllBrick
    I tire of these wheel jokes...
    Well now the wheel HAS gone full circle..
    SprinkleOttercatwranglerAllBrick
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 596
    I'm getting the sense this discussion has derailed!
    William_TownsleykhmellymelstluxcatwranglerAllBrick
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,736
    Don't all these discussions go off the tracks at some point? 
    stluxkhmellymelSprinkleOttercatwranglerAllBrick
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,764
    Don't all these discussions go off the tracks at some point? 
    Especially topics about trains.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,490
    Where there's a wheel, there's a way.

Axcellent.
    catwrangler