Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO fight Against Chinese counterfeit LEGO

Comments

• nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 145
    edited October 2016
    TigerMoth said:
    It fills a 32 x 32 (or thereabouts) baseplate.
    What I meant to convey was, it has around half the piece count of a Modular building, but it is only a single floor. Bulk of it should go to details?

I'm a little surprised by this set. I thought Decool was a plagiarizer. While it may not have the license, where does it get the design from? :-D
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,568
    edited October 2016
    Bubble... Bubbles... Mega Bubble...
    So much counterfeit for my trouble...

Those eight-pack Superhero bundles remind me of the single-serving cereal boxes I used to covet as a child. 

(Only Grandma had them at her house - never at our house!  Only Raisin Bran, Special K and Product 19.  Oof.)
    catwranglerPitfall69SprinkleOtterbandit778dspigelBumblepants
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    nhyone said:
    TigerMoth said:
    It fills a 32 x 32 (or thereabouts) baseplate.
    What I meant to convey was, it has around half the piece count of a Modular building, but it is only a single floor. Bulk of it should go to details?
    Looking at the pictures, it seems to have quite a bit of detail (there are a number of small items on shelves) and to use a lot of pieces to get shapes right (like the building curves) and to give the right overall impressions.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1UISINFXXXXaUXpXXq6xXFXXX6/Decool-18001-Pokemon-Poke-Pikachu-Medical-Center-Minifigures-Building-Block-Bricks-Toys-Action-Figure-Kids-Christmas.jpg
    edited October 2016
    nhyone said:

I'm a little surprised by this set. I thought Decool was a plagiarizer. While it may not have the license, where does it get the design from? :-D
    Where else?

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/87738
    stlux
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,703
    SumoLego said:

Those eight-pack Superhero bundles remind me of the single-serving cereal boxes I used to covet as a child.  (Only Grandma had them at her house - never at our house!  Only Raisin Bran, Special K and Product 19.  Oof.)
    Product 19 sounds like some kind of laxative. :-/
    SumoLegoSprinkleOtterTheMaker37Bumblepants
    MaffyD said:

It's supposed to be like WD40 - it took 19 attempts (or 40) to get it right.
    SumoLego
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    MaffyD said:
    SumoLego said:

Those eight-pack Superhero bundles remind me of the single-serving cereal boxes I used to covet as a child.  (Only Grandma had them at her house - never at our house!  Only Raisin Bran, Special K and Product 19.  Oof.)
    I loved Product 19. I do not think they make it anymore.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    edited October 2016
    good news - You can buy 4 boxes of Product 19 @Amazon for 44.50 plus 7.78 shipping,bad news - What is the expiration date on this cereal? ... Sep 2014

Per Kellogg's one year ago -"I am happy to tell you we are still making Product 19! However, it has limited distribution so not all stores may carry it. I would recommend talking with a store manager at another local store and seeing if they would be willing to order it for you"

Maybe Lepin will start making it

Pitfall69SprinkleOttercatwrangler
    edited October 2016
    KILLOGS "PRODUCK 19" - By Lepin
    SumoLegoSprinkleOtterBobflipcatwranglerbgl_84Bumblepants
    edited October 2016
    Pitfall69 said:
    I loved Product 19. I do not think they make it anymore.
    I'mean going to find out tomorrow.  I have the sudden urge to mix some with Special K.  (The cereal, not the mind-altering drug.)
    MrJ_NY said:
    However, it has limited distribution so not all stores may carry it. I would recommend talking with a store manager at another local store and seeing if they would be willing to order it for you"

Maybe Lepin will start making it
    I'm sure they'll ship it without a box.  I'mean already looking forward to a bag of brown dust.
    SprinkleOtterBobflipcatwranglerPitfall69TheMaker37
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    MaffyD said:
    SumoLego said:

And Rasin Bran is...? ;)
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,703

Is Product 19 the same as Bran Flakes then? Or All Bran? Or Fruit n Fibre?

I miss Start. Marketed as a cereal for active lifestyles, was actually just an excuse for extremely sweet, honeyed cereal. I loved the texture, but pretty sure it was the sweetness that kept me coming back for more...

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,313
    MaffyD said:

I miss Start. Marketed as a cereal for active lifestyles, was actually just an excuse for extremely sweet, honeyed cereal. I loved the texture, but pretty sure it was the sweetness that kept me coming back for more...

You mean the stuff that made Steve Cram loads of money cashing in on his fame run so fast past women that their skirts flew up into the air.

MaffyD said:
    Marketed as a cereal for active lifestyles, was actually just an excuse for extremely sweet, honeyed cereal.
    Either suggestion would be better than the original purpose of such breakfast cereals - to reduce masturbation.
    CCC said:
    You mean the stuff that made Steve Cram loads of money cashing in on his fame run so fast past women that their skirts flew up into the air.
    That's probably a long way from what Dr. Kellogg had in mind.
    VorpalRyu
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 508
    Safe to say this has been derailed! 

But breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Allegedly...
    Muftak1 said:
    Safe to say this has been derailed!
    Don't worry - it'll be back on track when LEPIN release Assembly Square in time for delivery by Christmas.
    pharmjod
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited October 2016
    TigerMoth said:
    Don't worry - it'll be back on track when LEPIN release Assembly Square in time for delivery by Christmas.
    LEPIN must have taken a cue from Spaceballs. A new breakthrough in building system technology! Peddled online before the official set is finished!
    ricecakeVorpalRyu
    A Lepin Emerald Night would help get it back on track. 
    I hadn't seen that one.

I managed to clock up my 250th aliexpress order today (and 248th, 249th, 251st, 252nd and 253rd). Although only about 10 of those were fake Lego figures.
    ^Why is Lepin's Emerald Night on 9V Rails?
    SumoLegostlux
    edited October 2016
    SumoLego said:
    I'mean...
    ...I'mean...
    Thank you, replacement Note5 for your really weird auto-correct.  

I'm = I'mean

Pitfall69 said:
    It would appear they went out of their way to make their set deliberately confusing.  If you're copying modern sets why copy old building methods and outdated track?
    Pitfall69
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    The word "legoed" features in the title, what?

CCC said:
    I hadn't seen that one.

I managed to clock up my 250th aliexpress order today (and 248th, 249th, 251st, 252nd and 253rd). Although only about 10 of those were fake Lego figures.
    Oh @CCC , how could you? *little shake of head*

Pitfall69 said:
    Shocking isn't it. 
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,287
    Pitfall69 said:
    Well, the 9V rails *are* shiny. Personally I prefer 12V :)
    ^^ Quite easy, most of the orders are for arduino (clones), motors, cables, sensors, etc.
    pharmjod
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 502
    AllBrick said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    Shocking isn't it. 
    Nah... at the most it'll make your tongue tingle.
    AllBrick
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 344
    I have some Lepin video reviews, if anyone is interested?

• blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    One comment in that Haunted House vid I thought was spot on. That the bricks were overall good but the QC being affected by everything, including bricks that should be rejected, being included. Can't recall the exact quote it was earlier (review was long). But interesting...especially to see the similar issues you and others are having. 

Did you you replace the baseplate or use the provided one?
    For the HH, the baseplate wasn't an issue, so I just used the ones provided. For my Town Hall set (review will be available soon), I used a Lego baseplate. I needed it to be able to connect to my Lego modulars, so the Lepin baseplate was worthless in that reguard. 
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    Thanks for the info @CaptainPirateMan I appreciate it.

On the Haunted House as far as the minifigs go is the chef the only one that was exclusive to the HH? If that's true from what I saw in your vid he looked to be the strongest of the group, which would be, I dunno, kind of ironic. 

HH is all I do not have from Monster Fighters...because of the pricing on secondary only. I'm actually shocked how expensive it is considering how young it is. But then again I don't yet have a strong handle on understanding this hobby from a market standpoint. 

Looking forward to the Town Hall review. What's your camera?
    edited October 2016
    My camera is a Nikon cool pic or quick pic, not sure of the name at the moment. 

As for the minifigs in the HH set, I believe the Frankenstein monster butler is also exclusive to that set. But reguardless, I looked it up and you can get all the minifigs for less than 10 bucks a piece on Bricklink. So clearly they are not what makes that set expensive.

As for Lego prices, from my experience The sets from 2006-2013 (roughly) tend to be the most valuable. I think it's because Lego really made some great sets during that time, but the collecting side of it was still some what of a secret. Like I'm sure people on here knew about the value, but your average folks didn't. The cat is out of the bag a lot more now, so I don't expect the BIG sets of today to fetch such prices in the future. But having said that, I still expect them to hold their value or increase moderately. I have the Ghostbusters Firehouse for example, and I don't think that set will fetch $1,000 after it retires (it cost 350). But 10 years from now, it wouldnt shock me if it's worth $500. 

I have a lot of classic (80s sets) pirates and castle, and they are very unique by today's standards. You would think they would be worth more than the newer stuff, but nope. They are still relatively valuable, But not like the newer sets. 

• eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 553
    blogzilly said:
    Thanks for the info @CaptainPirateMan I appreciate it.

On the Haunted House as far as the minifigs go is the chef the only one that was exclusive to the HH? If that's true from what I saw in your vid he looked to be the strongest of the group, which would be, I dunno, kind of ironic. 

HH is all I do not have from Monster Fighters...because of the pricing on secondary only. I'm actually shocked how expensive it is considering how young it is. But then again I don't yet have a strong handle on understanding this hobby from a market standpoint. 

Looking forward to the Town Hall review. What's your camera?
    The Monster Butler is also an exclusive to that set.
    Pitfall69
    Here is my Lepin Town hall review 

• MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    You mention that Assembly Square will be the "biggest" modular made by Lego.While it will be the widest it is not the tallest,Town Hall will retain that title.I guess it all depends on your definition of BIG. AS will be 4" wider than TH but then again it's 3 smaller buildings.

You also state you are only buying the Lepin version of retired modulars that you missed out on.Pet Shop was announced as Retiring Soon today.At this point do you hurry and purchase a copy before it's unavailable or just go the Lepin route again? Where you choose to spend your money is certainly your prerogative,I'm merely trying to ascertain where the average Lepin supporter's train of thought runs.
    SprinkleOtter
    edited October 2016
    I actually already own the Lego Pet Shop. Its been in my closet for like 7 months now, I'm saving it for Christmas.

By biggest, I meant piece count. Not actual size, but yes you are correct TH is still the biggest in size.

As for "where the average Lepin supporters train of thought runs" I can't really speak for everyone as a whole, only myself. Which I stated how I feel about it in the videos. You may agree or disagree, to each there own really. Im sure many people are perfectly fine buying current sets from them, that's just not MY thing.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    When I was in Torquay the other week, I noticed in amusement arcades both there, and in nearby Paignton, knock off Lego figures. They were being pushed as prizes on the machines and in exchange for tokens.

They were Simpsons CMF S1, Ninjago, and Star Wars. Note that the Simpsons figures used the name "The Simpsons" but in totally different style logo. The Star Wars figures on the other hand, used the actual Star Wars logo, and character names. I should have got some photos.
    So... Eurobricks decided to completely ban any discussion of clone or knockoff brands. 
    Although they have banned all discussion of knockoff brands, they do still allow the mods there to sell knock-off versions of sticker sheets for lego sets. So it is only Chinese big boys that they want to stop discussion of, making and discussing reproductions is still perfectly acceptable if you pretend to do it for the community rather than for profit (even though it is for profit). Especially if you are a mod.

pharmjodPitfall69BumblepantsKevin_Hyatt
    Really? That is so hypocritical. How do you know this?
    Take a look at the sticker sheet for EN thread in the train forum. 
    CaptainPirateManlegomental
    "They" want to keep that forum as a secret club type of place, and keep new comers out imo. Yes they allow you to join, but they make it sort of unwelcoming with a lot of "ridiculous" rules IMO. You have to have 500 posts in order to create a poll, but posts only count when they are in an official Lego discussion. You have to have 100 posts in order to receive PMs (i believe). You can't go off topic AT ALL in the Lego discussions either. So if it is a set based on a film, discussing the film in any way NOT related to the set will get you in trouble. So it's VERY hard to get your post count up. I went around to a lot of the MOC threads and just posted things like "looks great" and "good job" just to pass the first barrier of 100 posts. Now I sit at around 450 and Every time someone makes a comment in one of the Pirate threads I follow, I always say something, just to keep it going. But it's very hard to talk about sets all the time. Take the POTC thread for example, I don't know how many times me or someone else posts something along the lines of "I can't wait for the new set" or "I wonder what ship it'll be?" But that's really all there is to talk about in that thread, everything else is considered off topic. Sometimes you naturally want to relate it to something else, but you can't... Makes it frustrating.

I have been a member of many different forums over the years (not Lego releated) and I've never seen such strict rules before. Now with this sticker controversy, it just makes it feel...cold I guess.

I still go there, and check it often. But I just feel like there isn't anything to really talk about most of the time. That's why I really like this forum better, it's more open.
    pharmjodcatwrangler
    CCC said:
    ...they do still allow the mods there to sell knock-off versions of sticker sheets for lego sets...
    I'm sure you just got banned for pointing that out.  I'm sure we'll probably all be banned for entertaining such discussion.
    pharmjodTheMaker37CaptainPirateManSprinkleOtterRainstorm26
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,899
    Are all the mods at euro bricks 13?
    TheMaker37CaptainPirateManSprinkleOtter
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/topic/142002-need-stickers-for-10194-emerald-night/

It is this thread. Posted post-ban on discussion of knock-offs. An OP saying they don't want to buy the originals and a mod pointing to their own store where they sell reproductions / fakes, at cheaper than BL secondary market prices for the real thing.

I really don't see the difference between that behaviour and Lepin. Yet one is banned and the other isn't. (My personal view, I wouldn't want to see either of them banned.)

stluxCaptainPirateManlegomentalpharmjodSumoLego
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I'm sure they have all kinds of ways to justify how it is a different situation and not hypocritical at all
    pharmjod
    CCC said:

My personal view, I wouldn't want to see either of them banned.
    No? Banning all the mods could be kinda fun; there'd be nobody to ban anybody else!
    stlux
    dougts said:
    I'm sure they have all kinds of ways to justify how it is a different situation and not hypocritical at all
    How is it any different than people here trying to justify buying a Lepin product ;)
    SprinkleOtterdougtsstluxxwingpilot
    Or justify buying 3D printed monorail or train track ...
    dougts
    CCC said:
    Or justify buying 3D printed monorail or train track ...
    I kind of stopped following that thread. I don't own any Monorail parts, so I lost interest pretty fast, but you are right on point :)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,899
    It's vastly different because @Huw hasn't tried to censor any lepin or reproduction discussion whilst still promoting his own bootlegs. Night and and day difference in my opinion. 
    SprinkleOtterdougtsstlux
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I see the point being made with printed monorail but where is the hypocrisy?