Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    brickset pulls their data straight from the Lego website so it's likely the correct part. that said checking brick link leads to http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0322c01&idColor=11#T=C&C=11 (which is in 26 sets, a very common piece)

(or figure: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=twn252 )
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6155220

Brickset says the torso's(upper part 3489) from Brick Bank but even the minifigs pictured doesn't have the same print. What set is it really from?
    Brick Bank.

It's a brand new replacement for 4275491 (without pockets) which is in quite a few sets. However the old part is in some copies of Brick Bank - perhaps even all of them so far - even though the newer one is listed.

If there's a new production run of Palace Cinema, which seems unlikely, it could also end up in that.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    edited September 2016
    http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-6155220

Brickset says the torso's(upper part 3489) from Brick Bank but even the minifigs pictured doesn't have the same print. What set is it really from?
    According to BrickLink it's this torso, which appears as an alternate in the Brick Bank and Palace Cinema. It may be intended to replace the older torso which appears in the Brick Bank official photos. According to BrickLink, the only figure to use the new suit & tie pattern by default (albeit with Light Nougat hands instead of Bright Yellow) is Alfred from #76052.

EDIT: whoops, missed the last page of results and didn't see that TigerMoth had already answered this.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    Aanchir said:

According to BrickLink it's this torso, which appears as an alternate in the Brick Bank and Palace Cinema.
    I doubt that it's an alternate actually in Palace Cinema - the part number's too high and I don't suppose they've produced any that recently. However, if you asked for a replacement part for that set, it might be what you'd get - only "might" because it seems the old one is quite plentiful!
    TigerMoth said:
    Aanchir said:

According to BrickLink it's this torso, which appears as an alternate in the Brick Bank and Palace Cinema.
    I doubt that it's an alternate actually in Palace Cinema - the part number's too high and I don't suppose they've produced any that recently. However, if you asked for a replacement part for that set, it might be what you'd get - only "might" because it seems the old one is quite plentiful!
    Well, the Palace Cinema box did get redesigned with the new "Creator Expert" logo at some point last year. Does BrickLink normally list "alternates" if they haven't been seen in actual boxes? I know Brickset/LEGO Customer Service inventories sometimes include "updates" of old parts even if they don't get packed in boxes, but I had thought BrickLink inventories were compiled by fans based on the sets' actual contents. And in this case, the Brickset inventory for Palace Cinema (from LEGO Customer Service) does not include the new torso, but the BrickLink inventory does.
    Aanchir said:

And in this case, the Brickset inventory for Palace Cinema (from LEGO Customer Service) does not include the new torso, but the BrickLink inventory does.
    NOT from LEGO CS! Yet. Brickset appears to have been tardy (sorry @Huw)!  It IS on the replacement parts site, just not on Brickset. That might explain why it's on BrickLink.
    I had thought BrickLink inventories were compiled by fans based on the sets' actual contents.
    They can come from anywhere. You see inventories that have come from instruction manuals, presumably the online versions. Sometimes, someone will misjudge a colour completely - for the whole set of pieces in that colour. Prints, particular for minifigs can be pure guesswork - I imagine from the unclear renderings on the replacement parts site. Eventually, things usually get fixed.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    Thanks! I asked 'cause I was ordering at Bricks and Pieces and both parts were available.
    Thanks! I asked 'cause I was ordering at Bricks and Pieces and both parts were available.
    Don't count on it! If it is a replacement, then if you request one you might be sent the other. If you really want the newer one, waiting might help. If you really want the older one, then cross your fingers.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    TigerMoth said:
    Don't count on it! If it is a replacement, then if you request one you might be sent the other. If you really want the newer one, waiting might help. If you really want the older one, then cross your fingers.
     I bought them both just in case and within two days they sent me an email saying it's been shipped(which is pretty fast) so we'll see!
  • steinbriquesteinbrique germanyMember Posts: 26
    Hello ,

Can anybody help with this part ? I got them on a lot but can´t find them on Bricklink.

Thank you
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Can anybody help with this part ? I got them on a lot but can´t find them on Bricklink.
    I believe it's the piece that normally has the head and arms attached in the old maxifigs. For example in #199.
    Bumblepantssteinbriquekiki180703
  • steinbriquesteinbrique germanyMember Posts: 26
    binaryeye said:
    I believe it's the piece that normally has the head and arms attached in the old maxifigs. For example in #199.
    Thank you ! mine are apparently without the arm holder.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,449
    Does anybody out there have #6199 Hydro Crystallization Station? I picked up a couple of bags of parts at the local thrift store yesterday, and they seem to be most of this set. There was a loose baseplate on the shelf that I ignored because it did not have LEGO on the studs. Pictures I have found several pictures of the baseplate online, and I cannot see the logo on the studs. I'm heading back over this afternoon to pick up the baseplate, was hoping someone could confirm that there are no logos on the studs.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Anybody have any idea what part the white long thing is?

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,765
    edited October 2016
    ^I think it might be Boat Mast 2 x 2 x 3 Inclined with Stud on Top and Two Sides part 4289

TheBrickLadd
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 471
    Found this in a Bionicle job lot, any thoughts on what it's from?
    I'm confused because as far as I can tell, the orange 41672 Bohrok Shoulder with fan was only in #8556 Boxor, and the dark blue 32177 Technic Beam with fan was only in #8009 R2D2. Also they only appeared once in each set and there's no other signs of the previous owner having 4 R2D2s, so it seems unlikely they came from those!

Bobflip said:
    Found this in a Bionicle job lot, any thoughts on what it's from?
    I'm confused because as far as I can tell, the orange 41672 Bohrok Shoulder with fan was only in #8556 Boxor, and the dark blue 32177 Technic Beam with fan was only in #8009 R2D2. Also they only appeared once in each set and there's no other signs of the previous owner having 4 R2D2s, so it seems unlikely they came from those!
    Maybe they got them secondhand, either online, at an event, or even from somebody else's job lot. Unless there were some bulk parts bucket that included these parts and was never inventoried on BrickLink. This assembly is not from any set or MOC I recognize. Neither of these parts is terribly expensive on BrickLink, so getting four of each is not unbelievable.

R2-D2 actually had two of those Earth Blue beam pieces, btw. So they'd only have needed two.
    Ah yeah, my mistake on R2D2... I researched it last night when knackered and typed it up today when marginally more focussed. From the other contents I'm thinking a bucket is the more likely source.
    Bobflip said:

41672 Bohrok Shoulder with fan was only in #8556 Boxor, and the dark blue 32177 Technic Beam with fan was only in #8009 R2D2. Also they only appeared once in each set and there's no other signs of the previous owner having 4 R2D2s, so it seems unlikely they came from those!
    41672 in Bright Orange was in #8556, #8711 and #8713.

32177 in Earth Blue was in #8009 and (therefore also #65081).
    That probably nails it. I'm figuring the fans arrived in the tub as well. I forgot that Rebrickable doesn't take parts packs like that into account. Where did you find out that the 41672 came in those two buckets?
    Peeron - often the best place to look for older stuff.
    Thanks, will keep it in mind, it's always one I overlook!
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,185
    A couple of years ago I bought a mixed bag of bits. I have always been curious whether these are Belville or scala. 

• vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 227
    edited October 2016
    It looks like they are Belville, from #7586.
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,185
    Thanks. 
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,178
    Came across the below while sorting through my 80's Lego. I thought it should be part of a 12V train set, but my search comes up empty: 

catwranglerkiki180703
  • DontcopythatfloppyDontcopythatfloppy 'MuricaMember Posts: 43
    edited October 2016
    I'd assume it's been modded with Lifelites or something of the sort, given that I've never seen such delicate electronics exposed in a set before, and especially not threaded through a piece like that.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,754
    These look awesome; thanks, @Dontcopythatfloppy! (Link is broken but this should work: http://lifelites.com)

When I was a kid my mum and I worked on a doll's house which we always meant to illuminate - at one point we even bought the kit, but never got round to actually doing it. I don't want to repeat that with my Lego, so will definitely be looking into this...
    It comes straight out of one of my 80's childhood Lego boxes, and the connection points are all authentic Lego. I don't remember my dad ever doing any soldering, and both him and us kids were more akin to Lord Business/The Man Upstairs than Finn - non-Lego didn't enter the Lego table...
    I have started to wonder if at least the cables come from an accessory pack like #7861 or a service pack. Still coming up empty in my search though.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,409
    @stlux   The parts are Lego but Lego never did anything like that. That is all a modification done by someone. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=765c01&in=S
    stlux
    Thanks @oldtodd33! I'll stop looking for the set to match these parts to then. I don't recall any non-100%-pure Lego ever gracing our Lego room, but I must have been to small to remember...
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    looks like part of the seats of set 292-2
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    ^I think it might be Boat Mast 2 x 2 x 3 Inclined with Stud on Top and Two Sides part 4289

Thanks!!
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    stlux said:
    I don't remember my dad ever doing any soldering, and both him and us kids were more akin to Lord Business/The Man Upstairs than Finn - non-Lego didn't enter the Lego table...
    It sounds like you want to have a talk with your mom. Perhaps she was doing a test? It's easier to mock something up with LEGO bricks and take it down later.
    looks like part of the seats of set 292-2
    Thanks! That explains the blue bricks (and red tile). We had a couple of 70's sets, including some maxifigs.
    The light/electric pieces likely were attached to #292 by accident/when putting away in storage/self-attached in the parts bin.
    Mystery (mostly) solved now as I can unfortunately no longer ask my parents. Thanks everybody!
    catwrangler
  • beasty23beasty23 Member Posts: 62
    Hi bought a lot on local selling page and managed to identify most of the sets but struggle with these can anyone help please. Thank you 
    Bottom Left is base for #5867
    stluxSprinkleOtterkiki180703Dontcopythatfloppy
    edited October 2016
    Bottom right is from #76001
    2 on top and front middle right are from #6743
    Middle left is from #4995
    stluxSprinkleOtterkiki180703DontcopythatfloppyAllBrick
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 227
    edited October 2016
    Edit: Never mind, too late. I didn't refresh the page to see ColoradoBricks had already got these before I had a chance.
  • beasty23beasty23 Member Posts: 62
    Wow amazing how you can identify all these just from couple of parts especialy #4995 just axle and wheel. Thank you very much for help.
  • spaceinvader1979spaceinvader1979 Barcelona - CataloniaMember Posts: 48
    Hello. I need your help with my dark friends...
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 266
    Hello. I need your help with my dark friends...
    all Star Wars figures, from left to right:

Tie Defender Pilot sw268A or Tie Bomber Pilot sw457
    Hard to tell from the picture, and the torso seems to be incorrect (maybe from this figure, Imperial Pilot sw294 )

Tie Fighter Pilot sw035 (old brown head) or sw035A (new reddish brown head)

Imperial V-Wing Pilot sw304
    Oh! Thank you very much, later i'll try to send a better picture from the left one...
    The torso isn't correct?
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644

take a look at set 9492, it looks like you have the torso and legs from the death star trooper, and the head and helm from the Tie Pilot. (both in that set)

gratefulnat
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 266
    @spaceinvader1979, GallardoLU gave the answer to the confusion :-)
    Thank you very much!
  • hazz78hazz78 UKMember Posts: 31
    I recently bought a job lot of lego parts.  I'm pretty sure that these are non-Lego.  However would appreciate some other views before I dispose of them.....

Thanks!

• TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,465
    Don't look like any lego i know!
  • DontcopythatfloppyDontcopythatfloppy 'MuricaMember Posts: 43
    I actually think that engine-looking thing might be a flamethrower pack from a Megab**cks Halo figure, but either way none of it's Lego.