Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2017 Modular Building - "Celebrating Modular Buildings' 10th Anniversary!"

Comments

• sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    I'm feeling stoked... my wallet is not. But I NEED THIS :) Second fountain in my modular city though... :)
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    edited October 2016
    For anyone struggling to find pictures 

*picture deleted*
  • nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 145
    Looks like it could have been two sets instead. The left half-building looks disconnected from the other two?
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I hope we see a the creator video on this with the press release. 

catwranglerkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,137
    edited October 2016
    I suppose for awhile the familiar complaints about unimaginative Lego sets will go away.  

This is an exceptional set.  

(Geez, now I have to rethink my urban planning... and now there will be a run on the CMF Pretzel Girl.)

Oh... @pharmjod - Wakie! Wakie!  There is some actual news!
    stluxcatwranglerpharmjodTheMaker37kiki180703
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,797
    Very nice! Although it doesn't split, which might disappoint some people.

New and notable pieces:

NEW 2x2 corner tile with diagonal cutout, in the pavement.
    Thor's hammer as architectural detail in the middle building roof-line.
    Plain chicken as architectural feature in right-hand building
    NEW 2x2 curved tile! Top of right-hand building 1st floor.
    NEW 4x4 curved tile! Top of left-hand building ground and 1st floor.
    NEW strange black large curved piece in the roof of the middle building.

LostInTranslationcatwranglervizzitorkiki180703snowhitie
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,593
    Guess Ace Brickman is out of a job now that the modulars have a bakery. People with OCD are not going to be happy that it's not a 32 x 32 footprint. Can't wait to get it myself time to see how many double points I can rack up this month, and try to get it for free.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,877
    Very nice! Although it doesn't split, which might disappoint some people.

New and notable pieces:

Thor's hammer as architectural detail in the middle building roof-line.
    Plain chicken as architectural feature in right-hand building
    NEW 2x2 curved tile! Top of right-hand building 1st floor.
    NEW 4x4 curved tile! Top of left-hand building ground and 1st floor.
    NEW strange black large curved piece in the roof of the middle building.
    The strange black curved piece on the middle building appears to be http://brickset.com/parts/6109280.

catwranglerFollowsCloselykiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    Ooooh the curved tiles! Hadn't noticed those, thanks for pointing out Jamie! 
    ^ I guess it could be, or something similar - the underside of a digger bucket. Interesting.

I think there's dark blue versions of this in the Bakery section too, as well as the white, LBG and DBG versions in the pavement.
  • mapimimapimi Member Posts: 10

Best modular of the last few years, day 1 buy for sure, ending what I hope is the trend of smaller modulars (even if the high price will hurt a bit) 

Now onto the things that bug me: Why do you need to go through the pastry shop to get to the dentist, apartment and roof of the middle building.... (yes, not much bugs me in this set) 

dougtskiki180703
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    Wait it hasn't been officially revealed?

I saw a site post it

Ohhh f...
    William_Townsleykiki180703
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 291
    Very nice indeed. Not so nice for my wallet!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,505
    "Dear, we are flying to Frankfurt Jan 1. Don't ask why."
    LostInTranslationcatwranglerstluxgmonkey76tallblocktoochrisalddinkiki180703snowhitie
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited October 2016
    My first impression was "nice enough but the buildings seem on the slim side" and then I saw the details. There are loads and loads of neat, clever, and attractive details and they lift this set into "excellent". The designer video should be a delight to watch. Who is it by the way?
    catwranglerstluxMynattkiki180703
    Someone on Eurobricks said that it has a 1x1 brick with studs on the corners, but I don't think it does. I think they're looking at the base of where the shutters are used as windows in the right-hand building, but those (I think) are using the technic 1x1 brick with hole and technic 1x2 brick with two holes. I'll look elsewhere to see if I can see this mythical element, but I suspect it's not there.

Incidentally, the Eurobricks thread has been locked until the official reveal in 2 hours time.
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    It does seem another example where the sites that follow Lego's rules and keep things under embargo (these are all official photos we've seen, not leaks) suffer (by traffic going to other sites).
    drdavewatfordLostInTranslationcatwranglerstluxCapnRex101MynattAdeelZubairkiki180703DoctorMcGann
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,245
    edited October 2016
    I am liking that very much indeed! :-)

It looks like a very interesting set of buildings with a huge amount going on everywhere. It'll definitely add some variety to a line of modulars...

I love the trans-clear garage door windows, they look fantastic!

Day one purchase for me! :-)
    Does the girl in the attic apartment have all the modulars on a shelf in micro form? And a train layout? 
    Yes! I spy the Cafe Corner, Market Street and Greengrocer. Cute.
    edited October 2016
    Are the tiles around the fountain and outside the two corner doors this piece with a corner cut out?
    vizzitor said:
    Are the tiles around the fountain and outside the two corner doors this piece with a corner cut out?
    Yes - there are a lot in this set, long with 2x2 curved corners and. 4x4 curved corner tile 
    vizzitorkiki180703
    They've definitely thrown in a huge amount of attention to using interesting and new parts in clever ways...
    I do try not to get carried away by hyperbole, but this set really does have me excited!
    edited October 2016
    CM4S said:
    vizzitor said:
    Yes - there are a lot in this set, long with 2x2 curved corners and. 4x4 curved corner tile 
    Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation.  I just saw those curved pieces after I posted that comment. They'll all definitely come in handy.

Edit: Sorry, I saw Paperballpark has already mentioned these. This thread was moving too quickly.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    I'm now bricklinking those trans slatted garage door pieces for all I'm worth; what a brilliant way to make those little old-fashioned windowpanes! 

As for the modular... crumbs. I thought I could just buy one because the theme appealed to me and not covet the others, but I have been proved wrong!
    LostInTranslationMa1234vizzitorLegogramkiki180703
  • parsomparsom Member Posts: 45
    Phew, I'm so happy I'm not excited by this.
    A bit overloaded, a bit too messy.
    And maybe I'm wrong but is it 1.5 as wide as normal modular? So double price, almost double parts, and only 1.5 wide?
    Easy pass, GHQ is coming!

• AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Did anyone mention it includes a 2x3 printed 26603 - Flat Tile 2X3 with a #10182 - Cafe Corner box!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    edited October 2016
    I'm at work and don't have time to dig, if someone would kindly pm me a link. Thanks @SumoLego

Nm,  found it.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    Adzbadboy said:
    Did anyone mention it includes a 2x3 printed 26603 - Flat Tile 2X3 with a #10182 - Cafe Corner box!
    Probably - it's pretty noticable.
    LostInTranslationCM4SMynattAdeelZubairkiki180703
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 590
    edited October 2016
    I really do love this set. Excellent use of pieces in many clever ways. The technic scoops for the roof is genius. So many interesting ways of using pieces. Really enjoy all the pieces it offers along with the colors used in this set.

My only complaint is that it includes another corner building. Im not sure that I am a fan of having a corner building (Brick Bank) next to another corner. Then again this set looks great standing by itself and doesn't need the support of other modulars to look really cool. In then end I may end up displaying it on its own. 
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    curious why my link was deleted.  I didn't post pictures, I posted a link to the website hosting them, and the pictures were not watermarked.  It appears I followed the rules outlined here:
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/6642/our-policy-on-unreleased-product-images#latest

ColoradoBricksLostInTranslationstluxpharmjodkiki180703
    Someone on Eurobricks said that it has a 1x1 brick with studs on the corners, but I don't think it does. I think they're looking at the base of where the shutters are used as windows in the right-hand building, but those (I think) are using the technic 1x1 brick with hole and technic 1x2 brick with two holes. I'll look elsewhere to see if I can see this mythical element, but I suspect it's not there.

Incidentally, the Eurobricks thread has been locked until the official reveal in 2 hours time.
    It is, it's in tan - there's also a new diagonal black door/window frame used in the new City Police station and Friend's Stephanie's House.

All the new elements in this set is really cool!
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 172
    I love it!
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Looks great! Link to pictures is on Reddit. 
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    I see LEGO is announcing it on Facebook, but they didn't upload a picture with it.
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 77
    We will be getting this on day one.  I love it!  I put a ballet studio in the unpainted room in the pet shop apartment with 3 ballerinas.  Now they can move to a bigger space with a piano too.  :)
    Pitfall69stluxkiki180703snowhitie
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    Adzbadboy said:
    Probably - it's pretty noticable.
    Damn it, my excitement!:P
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 425
    Market Street can be seen lined up with all the other modulars in a screenshot from the designer video. Is it official recognition that it is a modular?  Will this end the debate over its status, or just add to it?
    AanchircatwranglerjosekalelSumoLegoJern92kiki180703
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    Official pictures posted on lego facebook now.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,516
    OK, so I like the jammie dodger prints, but I don't think they are enough to tempt me to buy this as my first modular.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,430
    Hmm... over at Eurobricks someone posted a Lego "card" listing a launch date of 4/1/2017? So is #10255 the next modular or something they'll be selling in addition to the next modular on 1/1/2017?
  • Gruff666Gruff666 United KingdomMember Posts: 211
    Hmm... over at Eurobricks someone posted a Lego "card" listing a launch date of 4/1/2017? So is #10255 the next modular or something they'll be selling in addition to the next modular on 1/1/2017?
    European date. Day / month / year
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    It's unlikely they'd release two modular buildings three days apart.
    Pitfall69 said:
    Was anyone remotely correct on what this Modular was supposed to look like? ;)

For what it's worth, those of you that were hoping for Lego to re-release Cafe Corner, you have it the jackpot!!! Cafe Corner, Green Grocer AND Market street!!! Although, they are a little smaller than I remember ;) You also get the Grand Carousel; I wonder if the box is mint ;)
    I expected two buildings on the side, one in the middle back, and a fountain in the middle. I was close! I expected a mall though. Kinda close.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Missed the earlier pictures but it is now on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/?fref=hovercard
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Adzbadboy said:
    10 Years.

So where did you find this?
    Has anyone mentioned the "I-heart-HLC" tile that the mustachioed gentleman is carrying? It seems a little out of place...