Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2017 Modular Building - "Celebrating Modular Buildings' 10th Anniversary!"

Comments

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,865
    it's the waiting that's the killer.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    Concept Sketch: 10255 - Assembly Square

The next Modular Building '10255 - Assembly Square' will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the LEGO Creator, Modular Buildings.

With this sketch I wanted to explore and get my ideas forward on what I'd like to be featured and included before the press release which is rumoured for November 2016. I personally feel a LEGO Store in this product is essential to this concept, additionally this concept features an apartment building and a government building with a couple of trees and benches for the exterior. All of these features will be in the centre of four 32x32 Baseplates, the building would be half the sizes of regular modular building much like 10218 - Pet Shop with various heights. Maybe one of the buildings could feature a brick built sign much like 10182 - Cafe Corner.

Concept Sketch 10255 - Assembly Square
    KovJonasWilliam_TownsleytallblocktooCM4Scatwranglerpreveredutchlegofan50bobabricks
    Adzbadboy said:
    Concept Sketch: 10255 - Assembly Square

The next Modular Building '10255 - Assembly Square' will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the LEGO Creator, Modular Buildings.

With this sketch I wanted to explore and get my ideas forward on what I'd like to be featured and included before the press release which is rumoured for November 2016. I personally feel a LEGO Store in this product is essential to this concept, additionally this concept features an apartment building and a government building with a couple of trees and benches for the exterior. All of these features will be in the centre of four 32x32 Baseplates, the building would be half the sizes of regular modular building much like 10218 - Pet Shop with various heights. Maybe one of the buildings could feature a brick built sign much like 10182 - Cafe Corner.

Concept Sketch 10255 - Assembly Square
    yes, i would like to see this.
    however. i have to say "in our dreams."
    we not going to get a set that is 4x the size of a normal Modular.
    no mater how dam cool it would be.
    also that idea would RRP at £500 on a good day.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    The killer is when people suggest little titbits of information. Then, the whole debate starts again as people try to use them to modify their ideas of what they thought was coming. If there weren't any leaks or comments about what somebody's cat's best friend's owner's great-aunt's step-son-in-law's store manager daughter had heard her parrot say, we'd have done the speculation once, and just wait for the official information.
    chrisalddinLostInTranslationgmonkey76kiki180703TheOriginalSimonBSalamalex
    Thanks @chrisalddin, as I mentioned in my post it would have about three #10218 - Pet Shop sized buildings (may vary between each building.) Maybe the appartment could be a normal sized modular building and the other two will be two 16x32 buildings as mentioned above. So upto two full sized modulars and will include four 32x32 baseplates. manily consisting of tiles, trees and benches.
    KovJonaskiki180703
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,114
    edited October 2016
    I do like the idea of some kind of town square... Apart from the fact that I've got too few modulars to go round the whole of the perimeter! And not enough space, for that matter! ;-)
    TigerMoth said:
    The killer is when people suggest little titbits of information. Then, the whole debate starts again as people try to use them to modify their ideas of what they thought was coming. If there weren't any leaks or comments about what somebody's cat's best friend's owner's great-aunt's step-son-in-law's store manager daughter had heard her parrot say, we'd have done the speculation once, and just wait for the official information.
    ha...
    no.. we would just take the post off topic. it not like that has not happened before.
    there are some world-class topic derailers as members of this forum.
    all one has to do is open a can of worms called is XXX a True Modular and like worms said member's will pop up and comment :P

that being said. speculation is a grate way to kill time as you wait.
    and if you get it right you get bragging right's for calling it right.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,476
    So you're telling me LEGO is going to make a XXX Modular? I thought LEGO doesn't do sex. Let the derail begin
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Fauch said:
    (1)Stein said:
    Since it says "Das Komplette Sortiment gibt es unter shop.lego.com" maybe the will have all the modulars available again next year!? 
    Nah, the Cafe Corner and Market Street use the old 5-high door and window system, so would require a redesign.

I think by 'complete range' they mean the sets which are currently available.
    why not, but that sounds like a dangerous move after toy shop and death star.
    Of course, there is going to be another 're-hashed' set next year, but it's not going to be the modular building.
    I'll bite if no one else will. What set are you hearing about? I'm not one for speculation but I met a Dutch guy in India this week who owns a toy shop, he thinks that a Carousel is on its way...
    @CM4S gave me a like, must be true...
    William_Townsleykiki180703stluxDoctorMcGannSirBenMynattdavetheoxygenmanBumblepantsCM4S
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    From the most recent speculation (what else do you call it?) the image I got was of a number of smaller buildings, which could be arranged in a large number of ways. For example, if you had eight small shops, they could be arranged in a double-height square, a sort of shopping arcade to give the set name, or they could  be stacked higher or lower, or in a straight line, with other modulars or on their own - or possibly even with Creator sets like Corner Deli.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,485
    Fauch said:
    (1)Stein said:
    Since it says "Das Komplette Sortiment gibt es unter shop.lego.com" maybe the will have all the modulars available again next year!? 
    Nah, the Cafe Corner and Market Street use the old 5-high door and window system, so would require a redesign.

I think by 'complete range' they mean the sets which are currently available.
    why not, but that sounds like a dangerous move after toy shop and death star.
    Of course, there is going to be another 're-hashed' set next year, but it's not going to be the modular building.
    I'll bite if no one else will. What set are you hearing about? I'm not one for speculation but I met a Dutch guy in India this week who owns a toy shop, he thinks that a Carousel is on its way...
    @CM4S gave me a like, must be true...
    Well he does seem to be an authority on these things, but I haven't heard anything about a Carousel. That's not to say it won't happen, just that I've not heard anything about that.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,181
    edited October 2016
    ^ Friction pins = Modular.

Very nice!

A carousel would have to be undersized as compared to the original version.  There would likely be a revolt if we got a WV-scale mini carousel.
    SprinkleOtterstluxmampepinkiki180703
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Set your alarms and get your F5 finger ready!  Press release set for just under 24 hours from now.  17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT / 11:00 EDT Monday.  Not sure if its this one or something else D2C.  Can't wait!
    CM4SbluedragonBumblepantsSprinkleOtterKovJonasSirBenAdzbadboykiki180703
    edited October 2016
    DadsAFOL said:
    Set your alarms and get your F5 finger ready!  Press release set for just under 24 hours from now.  17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT / 11:00 EDT Monday.  Not sure if its this one or something else D2C.  Can't wait!
    think this one is set for some time in November. so has to be some other D2C.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,302
    DadsAFOL said:
    There aren't any D2Cs for November or December AFAIK
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 914
    A grand carousel?!  Here's wishing....
    tallblocktooSumoLegokiki180703
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited October 2016
    CM4S said:
    DadsAFOL said:
    There aren't any D2Cs for November or December AFAIK
    True but there are usually 2 released on January 1st, the modular and something else. Gotta spend that gift card money! 
    CM4Skiki180703
    msanders said:
    A grand carousel?!  Here's wishing....
    I will settle for a Mediocre Carousel.  Or an Adequate Carousel would do just fine.
    ThoughtsonblocksSprinkleOtterred5kiki180703
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,094
    edited October 2016
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Friction pins = Modular.

Very nice!

A carousel would have to be undersized as compared to the original version.  There would likely be a revolt if we got a WV-scale mini carousel.
    WV already has a carousel in #10235, Winter Village Market. I put a motor on mine for my layout amusement park and it works quite well!

• stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,238
    I think we would all settle for a Carousel That Does Not Fly Apart Within Seconds?
    MattDawsonMAGNINOMINISUMBRAWilliam_TownsleyJennikiki180703
  • spicypigspicypig GlasgowMember Posts: 233
    My local store staff said it will be released soon. He has already saw the pictures and just told me "very nice"...
    KovJonaskiki180703
    edited October 2016
    ^^^  I think that would illustrate my point.  I don'the think any of us would be happy about an undersized carousel.

spicypig said:
    My local store staff said it will be released soon. He has already saw the pictures and just told me "very nice"...
    Um, sure he did.  It was a police carousel in a hospital lighthouse?
    CM4Sgmonkey76SprinkleOttermampepinMynattkiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    ^^^  I think that would illustrate my point.  I don'the think any of us would be happy about an undersized carousel.

spicypig said:
    Um, sure he did.  It was a police carousel in a hospital lighthouse?
    and a fire-poll to slide down (or spin down as the case maybe.)
    after all got to get there money back on the fire-poll mold.
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    edited October 2016
    TigerMoth said:
    From the most recent speculation (what else do you call it?) the image I got was of a number of smaller buildings, which could be arranged in a large number of ways. For example, if you had eight small shops, they could be arranged in a double-height square, a sort of shopping arcade to give the set name, or they could  be stacked higher or lower, or in a straight line, with other modulars or on their own - or possibly even with Creator sets like Corner Deli.
    They're repurposing #21128 Minecraft Village. I heard it from Valerie Brown on the pension counter’s sister Mary.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    Here I saw tons  of new posts and thought there had been actual news. 
    CM4SSumoLegoMynattBumblepantscatwranglerPitfall69kiki180703
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 240
    4002 pieces, apparently, per EB. We'll know soon enough...
    They smashed it! It really gives #10243 - Parisian Restaurant a run for it's money!
    CurvedRoadPlatekiki180703
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 795
    So much to take in from the 24 pictures I've seen. Wow!
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Wow. That is brilliant 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,531
    edited October 2016
    Want it,  want it NOW!!
    Looks fab.  
    The details are so cool -  the cafe corner box,  the dentist's chair, the interior of the cafe. 
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 695
    Pictures???? Where?
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,039
    Looks fantastic :-) Bit nervous about the UK price though.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited October 2016
    *link deleted*

Looks great!
    gmonkey76William_TownsleystluxColoradoBricksvizzitorkiki180703
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 254
    Wow this looks incredible!!
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,999
    CRIPES!!!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,531
    Does the girl in the attic apartment have all the modulars on a shelf in micro form? And a train layout? 
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 914
    Looks incredible. Love it. I can see lots of great news pieces and recolours, plus a nice reference to the first modular. I love the fact that there is an AFOL building and then she is playing with her baby (Lego Duplo possibly?).

Brilliant. Can`t wait. I need a price.....
    It's cute, but the buildings are on the small side. I'd like to see how detailed the interiors are.
    The florist building makes great use of Thor's Hammer for detail and the Dentist Window Print is looking good
    We finally got a bakery though.
    Does the girl in the attic apartment have all the modulars on a shelf in micro form? And a train layout? 
    And the Eiffel Tower
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,525
    Wow!
  • Dtrimpi87Dtrimpi87 San DiegoMember Posts: 56
    msanders said:
    Looks incredible. Love it. I can see lots of great news pieces and recolours, plus a nice reference to the first modular. I love the fact that there is an AFOL building and then she is playing with her baby (Lego Duplo possibly?).

Brilliant. Can`t wait. I need a price.....
    $279.99 USD from my understanding.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,238
    @flord The link @dougts posted also has pictures of the interiors.
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Think this will be the closest I will come to owning a Cafe Corner... Does that count?
    edited October 2016
    ^^ The website's not loading for me. I'm looking at pics on Eurobricks.
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    Wowwie Zowwie!
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    This can be combined with all of the previous modulars to make a giant robot. 

flordcatwranglerasrfarinharicecakejosekalelkiki180703