Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    Status: Need to have self control and not buy every good deal Walmart has on clearance...either way, waiting anxiously for the Pet Shop to arrive (next week).
    Pitfall69kiki180703LEGO_Dad77stluxBriking
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,299
    Shib said:
    Writing a review for the first time in aaaaaaaggggggeeeeeesssss. After moving house at the beginning of the year I've found it hard to find time, but hopefully I'll be writing reviews more regularly now.
    I've also been out of review writing for awhile. When talking about the last set I was building, I realized I was saying the sort of things I'd put in a review. The kit had a key piece damaged, once I receive the replacement and finish the build I'll finish the review.

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,450
    ^mines actually for one of the new Dimensions packs so need to play it a little more before publishing, hopefully have it done tonight. I'm one of those typical writers who enjoys writing but often neglects to make time to do it (even though I know I have the time!)
    KingAlanIkiki180703
    I know the feeling. I don't do as much story writing as I'd like, especially the last few months. Besides coming out of my dark age, I got a job - in a library's CD/DVD department, so I'm watching a lot more movies. Still, I could be spending less time screwing around on the Internet. ;)
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,026
    Pitfall69 said:
    Green Grocer get.
    Market Street suck.
    tell us how you really feel.. don't hold back.
    the real Jar Jar never did. more's the pity.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Well, after I bought a set from Argos on their Ebay outlet, they emailed the next day to say it was ready to pick up, ensuring my partner had a wasted journey, which will be reflected in the feedback, for all the good it'll do besides relieving my feelings. Supposedly it's in now but I don't think he'll have a chance to pick it up today. Maybe Sunday or Tuesday...
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,349
    edited October 2016
    Pitfall69 said:
    Green Grocer get.
    Market Street suck.
    Palace Cinema... indecisive.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,331
    MaffyD said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    Green Grocer get.
    Market Street suck.
    Palace Cinema... indecisive.
    Modulars repetitive.
    Pitfall69MaffyDkiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    Pitfall69 said:
    Green Grocer get.
    Market Street suck.
    tell us how you really feel.. don't hold back.
    the real Jar Jar never did. more's the pity.
    Who is this Jar Jar person you speak of? 
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,096
    And now begins the: Modular Yoda One-Line Haiku Thread
    Pitfall69stluxVorpalRyukiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    A true modular Market Street is not. 
    bookmumbandit778BumblepantsPitfall69Penkid11VorpalRyukiki180703BrickDancer
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    This week I received my Apple iPhone SE and I couldn't resist not picking up the Belkin LEGO Builder Case too :P

LEGO_Dad77William_TownsleysnowhitieVorpalRyukiki180703asrfarinha
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Heading to Walmart for some brown sugar and eggs.
    and a stop in the LEGO aisle.
    snowhitieSprinkleOtterkiki180703ricecakeKingAlanI
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    Heading to Walmart for some brown sugar and eggs.
    and a stop in the LEGO aisle.
    A Walmart trip always required a Lego aisle visit.
    SprinkleOtterLegogramkiki180703LEGO_Dad77ricecakeKingAlanI
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,450
    Your villagers don't seem very intimidated by the dragon!
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 496
    ^^^ Yeah he is more bark than bite.
    stluxjosekalelSprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    stlux said:
    Your villagers don't seem very intimidated by the dragon!
    Why would they be? They have Luke Skywalker there to protect them.
    TheMaker37Pitfall69bandit778stluxSprinkleOtterWookie2
    1K likes! Thanks everybody!
    TheMaker37Pitfall69tallblocktookiki180703davetheoxygenmanMaffyD
  • DoctorMcGannDoctorMcGann NashvilleMember Posts: 37
    Does that dragon have a special texture, or is that just an extremely thick layer of dust (which I suppose is a texture in its own right)?
    Pitfall69snowhitiekiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,059
    Packing up my LOTR and Hobbit sets :( Making some room for new displays.  I'll have the joy of building them again another day but still feel quite sad. Really need to get my husband started in a new business so we can buy a bigger house with a Lego-display room!
    Bricklover18
    Not a good start of sorting my childhood sets. My #7750 Steam Engine with Tender is missing the complete back wheel assembly of the engine. And unlikely I will still find it in another box as I don't think I would have missed those train wheels and buffer during pre-sorting. Sad. Improvised some black wheels and black buffer on the back so I could at least put it on some track. Off to BL to check for the missing parts. 60EUR+. Even more sad. However it seems that the new Winter Holiday Train has some of the parts in the correct colour, so hopefully prices will come down.
    Once I have put all sets together I'll have to decide what to keep/part out/put on the Marketplace here.

catwranglerkiki180703tallblocktooPitfall69
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 722

I didn't order the mixels, but I'm not mad.
    SprinkleOttersnowhitiebandit778TheMaker37
    I also feel the need to check the LEGO aisle just on principle. I waste so much time that way. If I've been in the store recently there's probably nothing new but I don't want to miss any deals. Occasionally it pays off. Sometimes this also happens with other searches.
    stluxjosekalel
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,157
    Snuck into WHSmiths early this morning to get the Daily Fail LEGO polybag. GOt two Poe's X-Wing and managed to escape without being spotted. Got home to find my BL order had arrived as well.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    Snuck into WHSmiths early this morning to get the Daily Fail LEGO polybag. GOt two Poe's X-Wing and managed to escape without being spotted.
    This just in- @Speedman29 is an aspiring thief! ;)
    Speedman29kiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    I think 'smuggler' is the word you're looking for.
    SprinkleOtterSpeedman29kiki180703
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,157
    I will add I did pay £1 for each paper! And recycled both in the paper bin outside.
    snowhitie
    "Twelve years of Constraction just threw up on my floor" or "I've decided to open a Bionicle clinic."

What's a guy to do?
    stluxcatwranglerYodaliciouskiki180703Bumblepantssnowhitie
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Yesterdays Walmart trip yielded the three S16 minifigs that my Boy wanted: Imp, Bowman, and Spy Guy. Those'll go into his Christmas stocking as he's long-since forgotten about them.

AND

Mail was delivered late last night, so I didn't discover until about an hour ago that my Lumiere and Cogsworth from @SumoLego had arrived! :D Will be building them shortly... and tinkering with their builds too. :)
    SumoLegokiki180703TheMaker37
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 496
    Kinda flooded in so I am building #6754 until football starts. Hope everyone who was/is in the path of the storm makes it through ok!
    SprinkleOtter
  • norival1992norival1992 JapanMember Posts: 11

LEGO Jurassic World: The Indominus Escape video released in full

• madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    Dang, Toyrsus has all the speed champion sets I want at a pretty good discount. The urge to buy is so strong
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Utterly fed up. :(

Ordered General Magmar's Siege Machine from Argos's Ebay outlet on the 5th. Got emails from both Ebay and Argos on the same day to say it was ready for collection, but partner had a wasted journey as it wasn't there. Then got another email from Argos to say it was in, thought that was great, but when my partner went in to pick it up today, he was told it was not there because a member of staff should have picked it up from a shop floor display and hadn't, and it had got stolen. Naturally they didn't bother letting me know about this, so that's a second wasted journey. Partner suggested they could deliver it to save us further running around, but that would've incurred a charge, so I'll have to phone them tomorrow to see if it will be available for collection on Tuesday, when one of us is next in town. 

Really, the crowning glory on a rubbish week and particularly rubbish day. 
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,984
    Got a cool new LEGO Elves desktop background!

Source (if anybody wants to download the original image or see some other cool HD screencaps): http://www.jafilm.dk/portfolio_page/lego-elves/
    Legogramcatwranglerkiki180703snowhitie
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 328
    Adzbadboy said:
    I just received a direct message from LEGO via Twitter congratulating me as a winner of the #NYCC2016 - DC Super Heroes Girls - Batgirl. Sadly it's not an exclusive, the same variant will be in #41230 - Batgirl Batjet. Nevertheless it would be cool owning one before everyone else.
    I believe the colors of her torso are a bit different than the 41230 one. They seemay brighter in all the pictures.

Either way, congrats!
    SumoLegokiki180703AdeelZubair
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 722
    Finally found a series 16 pirate, and another babysitter!
    snowhitiekiki180703
    Finally found a series 16 pirate, and another babysitter!
    Why are babysitters so hard to keep these days? Seems like every time I turn around, another Bricksetter is getting a new one!

;)
    Bricklover18SalamalexPitfall69snowhitieiso3200kiki180703BillyBricks84
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,557
    Quite an exciting day!
    I had 2 BL orders arrive at work, one for a white bicycle and a few other bits and bobs, the other for a large number (well, for me, a large number) of tiles and modular-style lamp posts, so that I can tidy up my modular street.
    Then, my #60051 High-Speed Passenger Train from Amazon was delivered to my desk, to the amusement of some of my co-workers, who are always intrigued by the amount of deliveries that I get... :-)
    stluxkiki180703
    Quite an exciting day!
    I had 2 BL orders arrive at work, one for a white bicycle and a few other bits and bobs, the other for a large number (well, for me, a large number) of tiles and modular-style lamp posts, so that I can tidy up my modular street.
    Then, my #60051 High-Speed Passenger Train from Amazon was delivered to my desk, to the amusement of some of my co-workers, who are always intrigued by the amount of deliveries that I get... :-)
    And now my Lego status is that I feel a burning need to order lamp posts... I had ordered 2x2 tiles last week to improve my pavements, but had not considered lamp posts...
    SumoLegoJudgeChuckLegogramkiki180703catwrangler
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    I too need lampposts. I finished our steampunk town last week and could have kicked myself for not thinking of them in time. I've three months until our next show but am prone to procrastination, will I order them in time? :)
    catwrangler
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,557
    stlux said:
    Quite an exciting day!
    And now my Lego status is that I feel a burning need to order lamp posts... I had ordered 2x2 tiles last week to improve my pavements, but had not considered lamp posts...
    You definitely need lamp posts for the other side of the road! I will be staggering mine, so that they alternate L-R-L-R, ensuring the light is as evenly distributed as possible.

I haven't quite yet decided whether to stick with hugely wide pavements or to move the modulars forward, so that they are partially on the road plates.
    stluxSumoLegokiki180703catwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,096
    You definitely need lamp posts for the other side of the road! I will be staggering mine, so that they alternate L-R-L-R, ensuring the light is as evenly distributed as possible.

I haven't quite yet decided whether to stick with hugely wide pavements or to move the modulars forward, so that they are partially on the road plates.
    Definitely go with the wider sidewalk.  A two or four stud sidewalk gets congested.  Especially when you add in fire hydrants, lamp posts, newspaper stands, street vendord, etc.

SprinkleOtterstluxJudgeChucksnowhitiecatwrangler
    And now I need to look into fire hydrants...
    SumoLegokiki180703catwrangler