Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 795
    Because you can never have enough, I have placed my biggest PaB and BaP orders ever. I figured with the sheer volume it worked out cheaper than Bricklink and multiple shipping costs.  I was saddened though to see that during Double Points BaP orders no longer count for 1x points. 

And because of my irrational fear it will be done early, I picked up Dr. Strange, in addition to the Civil War Tanker Truck for the new Spider-Man.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,611
    I just took my Cowler dragon poly into a dark room, and was surprised that it didn't start to glow- do any of the Ninjago ghost sets have glow-in-the-dark parts? If not, that seems like a huge waste...
    the morro dragon, but not on the dragon itself
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,980
    Fauch said:
    I just took my Cowler dragon poly into a dark room, and was surprised that it didn't start to glow- do any of the Ninjago ghost sets have glow-in-the-dark parts? If not, that seems like a huge waste...
    the morro dragon, but not on the dragon itself
    Yep, the white lanterns at the First Spinjitzu Master's tomb and the white cones on some of the ghost weapons are White Glow, which glows in the dark. The greenish parts of the ghost dragons, vehicles, buildings, and minifigures are Spring Yellowish Green, which does not glow.

When the sets first appeared at Toy Fair a lot of people falsely reported that they were glow-in-the-dark, so you're not the first person to think that from their greenish color. But the current glow-in-the-dark color is nowhere near that greenish in the light, and LEGO was wise enough to avoid any kind of photoshoppery on the box art that would imply the green parts can glow.
  • dspigeldspigel Newport NewsMember Posts: 466
    I'm happy to give my extra Darth Revan to our brothers across the pond. 
    snowhitie
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Feeling kind of bittersweet at the moment. We finally found a home for the FIV-positive cat that we've been fostering but couldn't keep because he didn't get along with our cats, so that's good, but we will miss him. He really was a sweetheart. Be a good boy for your new mommy, MooMoo! To keep this LEGO-related, I will now have more time to build :)

MegtheCatGothamConstructionCoadiemcbookmumsnowhitiecatwranglertallblocktooLEGO_Dad77stevecook132
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,064
    Bought this beauty this morning at the Lego store!

I now have $145 worth of VIP points. Wonder what I should buy to get the snow globe in November...  ;)
    YodaliciousSumoLegoflordsnowhitieWilliam_Townsleytallblocktoo
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Not really into Technic, but I'm getting close to getting this. Haven't bought a Technic set in about 30 years. 
    kiki180703SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,066
    ^^ I will eventually break down and get one as well.
    Yodalicious
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,393
    @ricecake I'm always happy to see cat pictures! Hope he likes his new home. 
    catwranglerkiki180703ricecake
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,283
    Happy anniversary Chris! You're not alone, don't worry! But I get the feeling you already know this :-)
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,064
    Just passed 1k likes!
    tallblocktoosnowhitiestluxchrisalddinricecakeoldtodd33
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,286
    [email protected] deals competing with sales from other sources for my limited LEGO budget...
    Ought to work on my plans for a castle model, especially since #75826 on sale at [email protected] is one of my buying choices (I could BrickLink the figures and other Angry Birds specifics)
    LEGO_Dad77
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    edited October 2016
    Sooo.... When does this year's Secret Santa start (or am I jumping the gun a bit)?
    SumoLegoJern92snowhitiekiki180703
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    ^ Yes, it will be my first one on Brickset! Very excited!
    Very happy today as I got last years Halloween 40122 which is selling exclusive to sainsburys. I got the Easter one 40122 back at Easter exclusive to tesco. Anyone know if any of the other 2015 seasonal sets are likely to crop up in the supermarkets? I'd quite like them. 
    Speedman29catwranglerkiki180703
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 284
    The Christmas one
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Trying to mimic the style of LEGO minifigure designers and learn adobe illustrator at the same time. Pretty fun.
    catwranglerAanchirLEGO_Dad77Pitfall69snowhitiekiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Love the new avatar pic @cheshirecat :-) 
    catwranglerLEGO_Dad77Pitfall69kiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,476
    @cheshirecat - if you get stuck at all let me know, I've a fair bit of experience using illustrator
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 908
    Trying to work out if organising the show with everything else going on in my life was a good idea/distraction or not. Will find out in a few days!
    William_Townsleycatwranglerkiki180703
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 355
    Bought gas, which isn't necessarily LEGO related, until I drove farther down the road and saw it for 3 cents-a-gallon cheaper. Then I start thinking about what the extra 30 cents could have bought me on Bricklink...
    LEGO_Dad77Pitfall69catwranglerkiki180703HugeYellowBrick
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @nexander I'm there with you! But I just found out one of our members now has the day off on Friday to set up, yay! So my anxiety has ebbed, for now :)
    nexander
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 439
    edited October 2016
    Kicking myself I didn't pull the trigger on my order from [email protected] yesterday with the €10 off code or at least double check the end date for the promotion. So it turns out it doesn't expire the 7th, it was the 4th.

Maybe it's for the best. Living on 18c noodles for the last 2 months so there was extra money to spend on sets that were on sale was fun while it lasted. Now it's time to splash out on food. 22c noodles, here I come!
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,093
    Back home after a great weekend at STEAM in Swindon.
    Unfortunately, I seem to have picked up a slight cold and sore throat (aka The Dreaded Man Flu) so I am, of course, feeling very sorry for myself.
    snowhitieLEGO_Dad77LostInTranslationkiki180703
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Finished sorting and have a gap while waiting for some BL orders to come in. Finally started the DO I've had waiting for a few months.
    edited October 2016
    Love the new avatar pic @cheshirecat :-) 
    Thanks, happened across it and thought it was appropriate for the time of year!
    bandit778LostInTranslationkiki180703
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    vizzitor said:
    Kicking myself I didn't pull the trigger on my order from [email protected] yesterday with the €10 off code or at least double check the end date for the promotion. So it turns out it doesn't expire the 7th, it was the 4th.
    If it makes you feel better, I did use the code, but the day before double VIP points started not realising there was an overlap :(
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    ^ no double VIP in Europe yet though, that's from the 14th.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    ^ That makes me feel better.

As did opening the package from [email protected] just now and discovering a free #30305 in there too :)
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,341
    Just found out from the boss that she has got the 29th off so we are heading to the NEC for my first ever Lego show. :)
    JennidspigeltallblocktooLostInTranslationkiki180703Lego_Starcatwrangler
    Jenni said:
    @nexander I'm there with you! But I just found out one of our members now has the day off on Friday to set up, yay! So my anxiety has ebbed, for now :)
    We should start a support group!
    Jennikiki180703Salamalex
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,476
    edited October 2016
    Writing a review for the first time in aaaaaaaggggggeeeeeesssss. After moving house at the beginning of the year I've found it hard to find time, but hopefully I'll be writing reviews more regularly now.
    LostInTranslationtallblocktooGothamConstructionCosnowhitiekiki180703KingAlanIcatwrangler
  • asrfarinhaasrfarinha Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 140
    Thinking about which mosaic I should do next...
    @nexander Yes! How many hours sleep are you getting?
    Jenni said:
    @nexander Yes! How many hours sleep are you getting?
    My normal 6, the next 2 nights, not much!
    @nexander I don't think my husband can sleep between now and Saturday morning, he's got so much stuff to finish! Today I'm packing things up, making small detail builds and shopping for snacks. Oh and supervising the 12-year-old putting her scavenger hunt together, though I have a feeling we'll be up late tomorrow night working on that one!

This is your first show too right? This is the first for the Nashville chapter of our LUG.
    Salamalex
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,621
    Waiting for my neighbour to get home so that I may collect my [email protected] delivery.
    Damn lazy Yodel delivery man could have put it in my safe location, then I would be opening my parcel right now.... :(
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Oh.

Oh my.

O.O
    catwrangler
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,450
    Anybody who *likes* sorting through bulk lots, is near Luxembourg, and is available either this weekend or next (who am I kidding - like this will take only 2 weekends...) is welcome to come give me a hand ;)
    As an extra incentive: I have a large liquor cabinet :)
    piratemania7SprinkleOtterkiki180703BuriedinBricks
    Lovely boxes, I'm impressed you kept them so well. Not a single one of my boxes survived and only a handful of instructions.
    Credit for keeping the boxes in that condition goes to my parents ;)
    catwranglertallblocktoo
    Bonus incentive for those who like Lego trains: I also have a bunch of 12V trains (e.g. #7750 ), electric rails (e.g. #7854 ), switches (e.g. #7856 ), remote control points (e.g. #7860 ) and transformers (#7864 ) that need checking whether they still work ;)
    @stlux Thank you. That picture is beautiful.
    stluxSumoLegokiki180703
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    Oh man, the yellowing on the roof of that jousting pavilion thing. I had a copy of that when I lived in Africa and it wasn't even that bad... 
    Bumblepantskiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    He will have to do some serious peroxide soaking. It is great he has a lot of the boxes.
    plasmodium
  • GoodCoffeeJoeyGoodCoffeeJoey Member Posts: 82
    Green Grocer get.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    Green Grocer get.
    Market Street suck.
    Bumblepantskiki180703GoodCoffeeJoeySprinkleOtter