September is a month when pupils and teachers alike go back to school. I thought it would be a fun challenge to make pencil pots or desk tidies.
If you are not a teacher or don't have kids, a clean desk is something that everyone appreciates, even if it's just the place where you build Lego and you use a pencil pot to hold some scissors and a brick separator.
You can make a single pot to hold some pens or an elaborate work that has a variety of pots. That way it can hold pens, scissors and paper-clips, maybe even some tape? The sky is the limit, well no, actually your desk is the limit, it should be not so big that it wouldn't fit on an actual desk.
It's all up to your creativity, you could go for a themed one, you could use only the elements of one set, you could go for a house or an animal that doubles as a pen pot, you could just use lots of colour, .... Anything goes, as long as it holds pens at the end of the ride.
Share as many as you like, even if it's only a simple one or your first MOC, more entries might give other people ideas and get those creative juices flowing. Also, if your kids want to take part and make one for themselves, feel free to post those too, I love seeing what they come up with.
- your model must be built for the contest, not an existing MOC
- it must not be so big that it can't fit on a desk (and there should be room for books/laptop)
- two photographs per entry only - it helps the thread load better/at all! However feel free to upload any extra images to Flickr etc. that aren't for your entry.
- you can enter as many different models as you like so long as you make a separate post for each
- seeing as there are many time zones and September is a short month and has already started in some time zones, the contest closes at midnight on the latest time zone there is on September 30th. So midnight in Honolulu (countdown here). I'll announce the winner by October 4th.
poly bag or CMF from those I have available. I'll PM the winner a list they can pick from.
Any questions? Anything dubious? PM or leave a message below. I look forward to see what you come up with.
-- Does it look fun to come up with an idea yourself? Volunteers can speak up here.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.