Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71040 Cinderella's Castle

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    mustang69 said:
    timt said:
    Just saw on Facebook LEGO has confirmed there won't be any new stock before Christmas. https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/posts/10153981940048403
    Well, hopefully it will be back in stock for the double VIP points promotion starting in October. I wonder if there is a way to order it then and just get it shipped when its back in stock to get the points?
    Yes.

When it's not in stock but just backordered, you pay for it upfront and get the points.
    Lego ships it at a later date.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 330
    You also may or may not get any promotional item (poly or other set/minifig) when it finally ships. 

I called after a back ordered item shipped without a promo and customer service stated that they no longer reserve promos for back ordered sets.  I believe that was earlier this year with one of the polys that went pretty quick.
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    Does anyone have a bag count for the Castle?  Mine was just delivered from the Disney Parks app and it was opened.  I went through the box and one of the bag 7s was opened and pieces were loose.  I am hoping that there aren't any whole bags missing.

It is a Christmas present, so I am glad we have something, but I worry that I will have to replace a lot of pieces.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    ktmo said:
    Does anyone have a bag count for the Castle?  Mine was just delivered from the Disney Parks app and it was opened.  I went through the box and one of the bag 7s was opened and pieces were loose.  I am hoping that there aren't any whole bags missing.

It is a Christmas present, so I am glad we have something, but I worry that I will have to replace a lot of pieces.
    Send it back. I would be quite upset if I bought the castle and it has missing pieces 
    LEGO_Dad77
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 485
    mustang69 said:
    Well, hopefully it will be back in stock for the double VIP points promotion starting in October. I wonder if there is a way to order it then and just get it shipped when its back in stock to get the points?
    Yes.

When it's not in stock but just backordered, you pay for it upfront and get the points.
    Hopefully then the option to get it on backorder will be available by then. Right now on [email protected] the only option is to add it to your wishlist. Perhaps I may need to call to order it.
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 705
    Had I posses the resources I would have bought it and MOC it to make a dark themed castle with Saruman throne (the one with the miniature Eye of Sauron), Lord Vladek and Ronnan running security, Ogel the mad scientist and Palpatine the Supreme running the show.
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    ktmo said:

I order something from that app, and it was wrong.  I tried to return it with extreme difficulty.  That was a year ago, and to this day I still haven't gotten a resolution from it; they basically lost the order or something.  So I got rid of that app.
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    ktmo said:

Send it back. I would be quite upset if I bought the castle and it has missing pieces 
    Well, it is out of stock now and if I send it back, I don't know if I will be able to get one anytime soon.  

But, that it what I am trying to figure out.  Is it worth trying to send it back.  If it is only missing a few loose pieces, then I can probably get them replaced.  If it is missing whole bags, then I would send it back.  If I knew how many bags there are, I could figure out if I am missing any.  
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 491
    @kitmo I don't know if the instructions are sealed or not, but even if they are and you are thinking of sending it back I don't think that an open instruction book would null you returning it. Then you can flip through and it should tell you how many bags. 

As far as how many pieces were in the busted bag, that's another question.
    catwrangler
    Or you could look at this:) @ktmo

LEGO_Dad77catwrangler
    @ktmo this might be even more helpful;)

mustang69 said:
    Yes.

Tried calling LEGO today and they said they wouldnt be able to do any back orders because this might cause it to be perpetually out of stock. They suggested to just keep an eye on the website for it to come back in stock.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Has anybody actually been able to see it come back into stock in the US on [email protected]?
    I've been checking almost hourly, except when I'm sleeping, and so far no luck. 
  • itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 112
    Just picked one up at Mouse Gear in Epcot. They said they received a delivery this morning after not having any for over two weeks. There were another ten or so on display. 
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 509
    Oh man.  I hadn't really been keeping on this thread, so it was quite shocking to go on [email protected] this morning and see this set was out of stock.  I normally buy this type of massive sets during the double VIP promos.  With a set this expensive there is normally little chance of out of stock in that time frame.  I guess several people, including me, grossly underestimated the popularly of this set.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 702
    I was wondering if anyone knew what the bed was referring to? Or is it just a generic 'royal' bed? 
    Thanks!
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 325
    Wardm i think it refers to sleeping Beauty 
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 868
    I'm inclined to panic about this but I learned that lesson with previous "shortages" like the research set. My little one is too young for the set this Christmas so I will just bide my time and wait for it to come back in stock...(right?)
    SumoLegokiki180703snowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,148
    ^ Yes - as it would surprise me if they retired this set anytime in the next five years...
    gmonkey76
  • ToddMyersToddMyers Cincinnati, OHMember Posts: 403
    @SumoLego-- sent you a PM, did you get it?  Sent PMs to two other members and have not heard back in a few days, just wondering if something glitched when I sent them.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    It seems to be available in all Lego stores here in Malaysia. Expensive though, so I probably won't be able to afford one till December or so
  • DeeC2_JoshDeeC2_Josh SoCal Member Posts: 64
    For anyone who lives near Anaheim, CA they have the castle in stock at The World of Disney store at Downtown Disney.. Had about 10 castles out on display, and if you have an annual pass you get an extra 10% off. 
    MooreFXLEGO_Dad77kiki180703SumoLego
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Although I would love to own this set someday, it would have been an instant purchase on release day if it had been Disneyland/Sleeping Beauty's Castle, as I'm a California-based fan who LOVES going Disneyland. Taking the family next Spring, so I might hafta pick this up then... more magical when you get Disney stuff while you're AT Disney. :D Not an annual pass holder though, so I'd probably just get it at Downtown Disney LEGO Store and add some VIP points to my account. ;)
    MooreFX
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    For anyone who lives near Anaheim, CA they have the castle in stock at The World of Disney store at Downtown Disney.. Had about 10 castles out on display, and if you have an annual pass you get an extra 10% off. 
    Do you know if it 20% off with the premium pass? I have a premium, but some very select categories of items, IIRC, qualify 10% off regardless. 
    DeeC2_Josh
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2016

I purchased one yesterday, and was told that regardless of the annual pass level, they are limiting the discount to 10%. This was at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, Anaheim.

• DeeC2_JoshDeeC2_Josh SoCal Member Posts: 64
    Yeah as Nelly stated and I confirmed with store employees, only 10% even if you have the signature pass.. At least it covers the sales tax.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    My wife ordered one of these this morning on the Disney Parks App.  We did not get a discount, but I would rather have one under the tree than to miss out on this set this year.  Hope others a lucky in their efforts to get this. 
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    my wife just did the same, got the 10% discount, no sales tax, free shipping...all in for $315
    MooreFX
  • PandaXPandaX Member Posts: 19
    Chubbles said:
    my wife just did the same, got the 10% discount, no sales tax, free shipping...all in for $315
    How can you get 10% discount?  It is showing 'not eligible for discount' to me.
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    wardm said:
    I was wondering if anyone knew what the bed was referring to? Or is it just a generic 'royal' bed? 
    Thanks!
    I'm pretty positive it's a reference to the actual VIP suite that is inside the castle at Disney World. Google it. There's no way to reserve the suite as it's by invitation only. I think only big deal people visiting and contest winners get access to it. 
    DeeC2_JoshLEGO_Dad77wardm
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    it automatically applied when she went to check out, we have the annual pass and are dvc members, I'm guessing it applied one of the two.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Nelly said:

I purchased one yesterday, and was told that regardless of the annual pass level, they are limiting the discount to 10%. This was at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, Anaheim.

Good to know. $35 is still better than nothing.

Wish they would bring back the 10% discount on exclusives at The LEGO Store, though! 
  • TwoToneBricksTwoToneBricks KCMember Posts: 37
    My shop received a shipment today. Picked one up just in time. They said they were holding every single one they got in. This thing is going to be a unicorn come Christmas time me thinks.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    To be really fair, reviews of non-manufacturer-supplied items are really the only way to go.  You guys do well here with what you have (though I do feel you toe the Lego company line too closely), but the concept of "I received this product in return for an unbiased review" has mostly ruined Amazon reviews.  Thank goodness for fakespot.com.

Looks like they are getting rid of them now ...

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/03/amazon-bans-incentivized-reviews-tied-to-free-or-discounted-products/

A.Brickovskysnowhitie
    Castle shows as available on [email protected] at the moment. Grab it while you can :)  I got two.
    DawnmonstblitzPandaXklatu003ravendragonwing
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    @mustang69 Thanks, got mine (backordered but better than nothing)
    mustang69
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158
    Thank you @mustang69 !
    mustang69
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 618
    Thanks for the heads up, it's on Slick Deals too, so I'm guessing it won't be in stock for long!  I didn't expect to be able to get this during double VIP month so this is great!
    mustang69
    Glad I could help :)  Hopefully folks were able to get their orders in!!!  I just check and it looks like its marked as temporarily out of stock again.
    mustang69 said:
    Glad I could help :)  Hopefully folks were able to get their orders in!!!  I just check and it looks like its marked as temporarily out of stock again.
    I kinda wish I had bought 2 like you did.  This is definitely a build one stash one (or several) set if there ever was one. 
    mustang69
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the heads up, it's on Slick Deals too, so I'm guessing it won't be in stock for long!  I didn't expect to be able to get this during double VIP month so this is great!
    I'm very glad it was available this month. I earned almost 1700 VIP points with this order. With the 269 I already had that's $95 I can put towards the new modular coming in January.

Also, it looks like its showing as available again, as of 10am MST, not sure for how long though.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    Thanks @Mustang69 I got mine too and double vip to boot!
    mustang69
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 868
    Still available. Snagged one to soothe my anxious mind. Now to see whether I cave and sell during this holiday season or not...
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    ^I've noticed more and more speculation that this is a "buy and hold" type of set - any other thoughts on this?
    Still available. Snagged one to soothe my anxious mind. Now to see whether I cave and sell during this holiday season or not...
    That's the question!  My kids are young enough to where if the value of it gets high enough approaching Christmas, I can sell it and get them another one later and they will be none the wiser Christmas morning. 
  • shorroshorro AlbertaMember Posts: 10
    As a heads up to the Canadians on the thread ... #71040 is presently showing in stock in the Canadian [email protected] store.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,047
    @shorro Actually though, I think about every [email protected] store has it in stock (or at least Canada, USA and UK) 
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 509
    Sweet.  Got my ordered.  I don't want to think about the amount I've dropped this month sets.  Let's just say much greater than normal.