Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2017 Modular Building - "Celebrating Modular Buildings' 10th Anniversary!"

Comments

• Scott1Scott1 United StatesMember Posts: 48
    So if it's 2700 KR, then that would come to about $400 dollars USD. Which I'm never paying for a modular, unless it's really really good.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,877
    Scott1 said:
    So if it's 2700 KR, then that would come to about $400 dollars USD. Which I'm never paying for a modular, unless it's really really good.
    It would probably be more like $300. Danish LEGO prices in general are extremely high compared to US LEGO prices. For reference's sake, the Disney Castle and Firehouse Headquarters are 2999 DKK, about the equivalent of $452 USD — despite costing only $350 USD over here.
    Lyichirkiki180703
  • Bluepilgrim3Bluepilgrim3 N.H.Member Posts: 15
    Dedgecko said:
    ^Right, because incidents and  accidents never happen!
    For the greater good...
    (In unison) "The greater good."
    Dedgeckocatwranglerkiki180703boad
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 599
    @Dedgecko If you're referencing what I think you're referencing then you'll know I have to repeat what you wrote - 'For the greater good'.

Lego really should make a Bad Boys 2 set. What? You ain't seen Bad Boys 2?!
    Dedgeckokiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Sounds like it won't be a modular at all, to me.  I am anticipating a four-sided building built to be the center of a town square.  Which could be a little ironic, since we don't have any inverted-corner buildings to build a around a building like this.  

Just my 2 cents...
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Surely it will be a multi floor lego store? lots of stickers for 2x2/2x4 tiles of all current sets! (imagine that!)
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 491
    ^^ A hospital is not essential in a city with no crime or fires;)
    No crime?  That is exactly what someone on Al's payroll would say.  I've been to the DA, I know exactly what's going on in this city.  What we need is some law and order to stamp out this type of corruption. 

Anyway, this sounds quite interesting.  I can't wait for more details to come out.
    We need a "Law and Order" candidate;)
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 278
    We need a "Law and Order" candidate;)
    And then build a statue of said candidate and maybe a charitable organization will buy it for $10K.
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    Pitfall69 said:

Wait, didn't I ship you a Winter Soldier? ;)
    You did! But you know what they say about Hobbits. Big feet... 

big breakfasts.
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    ......and no doubt it will be around $299+  with a few updated minifigures to justify it :)
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Surely it will be a multi floor lego store? lots of stickers for 2x2/2x4 tiles of all current sets! (imagine that!)
    You mean the total flop given the general attitude to stickers in expensive sets?
    OrmskirkBrickskiki180703
  • mrwmrw Member Posts: 16
    Something about it doesn't seem right to me...
    my experience suggests this is not a format TLG would use to discuss this product. happy to be wrong - love the modulars and love the mystery! 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,137
    Given that the TH didn't appear to sell as well, I would be surprised if the price was above $159.99.  (Also considering that the GBHQ, and BB are priced above that level.)
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 868
    Assembly suggests to me a place of public assembly...a theatre, arena, opera house, or something along those lines.  Or alternatively a government assembly, like a legislature.  However, we already have a Town Hall so I doubt it's a government building. (The logical next government building would be a courthouse.). A theater feels a little redundant given that we already have a movie theater, but a larger opera house style building could be gorgeous and justify a higher price tag.  
    madforLEGOcatwranglerkiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,803
    edited October 2016
    299 USD is pricey, but Ill likely get one to keep my mod collection complete. I will need to wait for a double VIP points event though. Hope those wanting it but waiting will remember the Town Hall set run. Also hearing 'assembly square but it being a 'building' throws me off a bit.'
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,505
    SumoLego said:
    Given that the TH didn't appear to sell as well, I would be surprised if the price was above $159.99.  (Also considering that the GBHQ, and BB are priced above that level.)
    This is actually the long game plan: charge $300 for this and the year after when they make a regular Modular again we will be grateful it is only $200.
    Yodaliciousthedingman5preverecatwranglerSumoLegodougtskiki180703
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,797
    edited October 2016
    Someone just posted an image from the German Lego catalogue on Eurobricks. I've downloaded it and cropped a larger image:

Apparently, it says: "To celebrate the 10th anniversary of our modular building series, there will be something very special in January. Watch our announcements!"
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,424
    ^^ Wait a second, Market Street isn't in that picture. But, but, but.....
    AllBrick said:
    ^^ Wait a second, Market Street isn't in that picture. But, but, but.....
    Umm, neither are half the modulars. It's just a photo of the ones which are still available...
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,424
    C'mon @Paperballpark , you think I'm being serious? Twas a jibe.
    It's hard to tell on the internet.
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,770
    In case I'm missing something here, is this Phase 2 of Mini-Modulars?
    mampepinmartynthedingman5AdeelZubairdavetheoxygenmankiki180703Jern92mr.piggles
    No. It's the rumoured next modular, which it appears will be something special, to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the modulars.

I'd laugh, though, if it was just an update for the mini-modulars, assembled around a central square!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    Legoboy said:
    In case I'm missing something here, is this Phase 2 of Mini-Modulars?
    I wouldn't think so; the first set of Mini Modulars was not a good seller from what I remember. If they were to do another set, I would think they would have released another set after the PR was released. To release another set would be crazy since there is a huge gap in time between now and the last set. The only thing that could work is if they re-released the old set along with any new sets.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 514
    Its an Apple store to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the iPhone
  • (1)Stein(1)Stein GermanyMember Posts: 31
    Since it says "Das Komplette Sortiment gibt es unter shop.lego.com" maybe the will have all the modulars available again next year!? 
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,245
    (1)Stein said:
    Since it says "Das Komplette Sortiment gibt es unter shop.lego.com" maybe the will have all the modulars available again next year!? 
    That would put the cat among the pigeons... ;-)
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
    (1)Stein said:
    Nah, the Cafe Corner and Market Street use the old 5-high door and window system, so would require a redesign.

I think by 'complete range' they mean the sets which are currently available.
    stluxkiki180703
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,048
    There's a reason I MOCed a hospital and weapons (separately!)
    I'm guessing PP means PayPal a variant of the "my wallet hates LEGO" sentiment.
    Hopefully I won't catch the modular bug. ;)
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    KingAlanI said:
    It means Police Precinct, a theoretical police-themed modular.
    KingAlanIkiki180703
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    A completely chrome gold modular and 1 will be made out of solid gold valued at roughly $1,000,000.
    catwranglerpreverekiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,485
    (1)Stein said:
    Nah, the Cafe Corner and Market Street use the old 5-high door and window system, so would require a redesign.

why not, but that sounds like a dangerous move after toy shop and death star.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    edited October 2016
    KingAlanI said:

@Pitfall69 where are you?  No doubt you can come up with a better line about PP's and a modular bug than I can...
    (1)Stein said:
    That has nothing to do with the modulars - it appears on almost every odd-numbered page of the catalogue (even ones have the phone number).
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Pitfall69 said:
    natro220 said:
    KingAlanI said:

@Pitfall69 where are you?  No doubt you can come up with a better line about PP's and a modular bug than I can...
    If you mess around with the Modulars too much without protection, your PP will definitely catch a bug of some sort. I wouldn't touch Market Street with someone else's PP. The burning question is: Does it hurt when you play with Lego?

I wouldn't touch Market Street with a 10 stud axle.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    I hope this is not just a flat town square paved area with a statue in the middle and road plates around the outside.
    Assembly Building sounds like some kind of Grand Building similar to the British Museum
    https://hmdegree.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/british-museum-postcard-wide-angle.jpg
    or the Town Hall from Back to the Future.
    or something a bit smaller than this
    http://c1038.r38.cf3.rackcdn.com/group4/building35850/media/03t55xm.jpg
    or this
    http://www.traveljournals.net/pictures/l/28/289866-national-assembly-building-paris-france.jpg
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    binaryeye said:
    KingAlanI said:
    It means Police Precinct, a theoretical police-themed modular.
    The police precinct would be awesome. In the beginning of this thread, I said that would be one of my choices for the next modular.
    Muftak1 said:
    Its an Apple store to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the iPhone
    It had better bloody not be! ;-)
    If it were made my Samsung, it would explode!
    davetheoxygenmankiki180703
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    Venunder said:
    I hope this is not just a flat town square paved area with a statue in the middle and road plates around the outside.
    Me too.  Mainly because I just designed one for myself and they did that to me after I built my Movie Theater.  Was a month or two after that the Palace Cinema was announced.
    SumoLego said:

Oh, how last-week. Keep up at the back. This week it's iPhones that are exploding.
    Fauch said:
    (1)Stein said:

Of course, there is going to be another 're-hashed' set next year, but it's not going to be the modular building.
    joel4motion
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,048
    There's already Fire Brigade so a modular police station would be only fair.
    Does GBHQ count as something similar?
    TigerMoth said:
    SumoLego said:

Oh, how last-week. Keep up at the back. This week it's iPhones that are exploding.
    I suppose if Blackberry devices were to explode, nobody would continue to care.
    ricecake
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 302
    I really hope it aint a police station. A hospital would be cool, or a post office.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    A post office would annihilate my (long term) plan of trying to MOC a PO Modular... yet I would not be unhappy with it either :)
    catwranglerkiki180703DoctorMcGann
    That's it! They're going to re-release #10222 and kill two birds with one stone. You can't deny it would be very special because we'd all be talking about it - although perhaps not quite the way they'd like.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Fauch said:
    (1)Stein said:

Of course, there is going to be another 're-hashed' set next year, but it's not going to be the modular building.
    I'll bite if no one else will. What set are you hearing about? I'm not one for speculation but I met a Dutch guy in India this week who owns a toy shop, he thinks that a Carousel is on its way...
    LostInTranslationkiki180703SumoLegoCM4S
  • KovJonasKovJonas SerbiaMember Posts: 36
    Hey everyone,
    I just found this quote on EB:

"Yeah about that... i actually have a little "update" concerning this issue. 

I JUST got back from the Lego store and... i had a little chat with the manager and he told me that he actually SAW the modular square in person and it was glorious according to him!! When i then asked him that precise question (about whether it was gonna fit into a line or square setup etc.) he went on about how it could be both or more... as though it will be TRULY modular in concept, he also compared it to Pet Shop in the sense that you can separate the halves and integrate or interchange them however you like so that sounds kinda exciting!! He also talked about it more in the sense of a "house" and less of a park or actual square so not sure what to make of that. I could tell he obviously wouldn't/couldn't go into more detail without spoiling it all so make of that what you will ;)

Anyway, color me hyped for the thing :))) "