Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Joelybadgers Bonus Ball Bonanza: Saturday 1st October

joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
The original Badger isn't with us at the moment so I'll be stepping in for this weeks draw before I slope of to India for my holiday. I think everyone knows how this works by now. Answer question, gain numbered place, google the bonus ball, win prizes.

I will be leaving Sunday morning so ill leave a box ready to go with my sister in law. Give me a day or two to get it sent...

Prizes up for grab this week: #76029 Iron Man v Ultron, new and sealed, #30213 Gandalf at Dol Guldur poly and another random poly from the pile of [email protected] freebies.

Everyone and his wife knows how much I enjoyed India last year (hence my return). If you had the opportunity to gift someone a holiday, where would it be and why?

First 59 get in. If anyone feels like collating the list, feel free. 
snowhitieLobotiso3200tallblocktooGothamConstructionCoPoochysolid_striderMasterBeefymmozzanoBricklover18messyRenegade007cjhLego_Starkiki180703TheBigLegoskiLegopantssonatine01

Comments

• TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,244
    I'd send people to Denmark on a multi-centre trip - Copenhagen because it is a wonderful city, various bits of countryside and beaches then finishing off at Billund for obvious reasons.  And if I was able to gift such a thing, I would also cover the extra baggage that would result from the last stop!
    tallblocktoosnowhitieTheBigLegoski
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Bamberg, Bavaria.

The beer
    tallblocktooTheBigLegoski
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    I'll pick Vietnam, most beautiful landscapes I haveever seen
    tallblocktooBrickDancerTheBigLegoski
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,501
    Arctic circle for my enemy somewhere sunnier for a friend. 
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    A trip through the Hawaiian islands.  Gorgeous beaches and yummy food.  Who could ask for more?
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    St. Thomas, when we visited there we were astounded at how nice it was.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    Banff in Canada. Beautiful scenery, friendly locals and really good food. I would also go back myself as I loved it.
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    I would love to go to Denmark and Germany.   Beautiful scenery and I am half German. 
    tallblocktooTheOriginalSimonBTheBigLegoski
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,118
    Japan. Lots to see, fantastic food, and once you have figured out how things work (which can sometimes be rather different from Europe), you can be 100% sure it will work like that everywhere. Easier to find your way around in Japan than in Europe. And quiet. So quiet everywhere. I'm more relaxed when in Japan than when on a beach holiday or hiking. Oh, and public toilets everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Can you tell I really like Japan? ;)
    bandit778tallblocktooTheBigLegoskisnowhitiericecakesonatine01
  • mtpelepelemtpelepele Virginia, USAMember Posts: 18
    Lake Titicaca.  Because I stopped maturing at an early age.
    gmonkey76TheBigLegoskiricecake
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 472
    Hawaii, the sun! And the food!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324
    It's got to be Skeggie. Fun for them, cheap for me.
    tallblocktooTheOriginalSimonBTheBigLegoski
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,944
    I'd go for New Zealand. It's one of the farthest away places you can go, yet not too daunting for a stranger to visit because everyone speaks English and drives on the correct side of the road :)
    iso3200TheBigLegoski
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    Peru, so many things to see
    tallblocktooGothamConstructionCoTheBigLegoski
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 830
    Northern California on the coast.  Just the most relaxing place to be (and can go have some fun in San Francisco and Monterey too!)
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    The highlands. 
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,310
    I would gift @Legoboy a trip to Michigan (US) because he loves me so damn much ;)
    tallblocktoostluxgmonkey76bandit778Lego_StarTheBigLegoski
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    South Devon... It's my "happy place"... :-)
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Who the ---- is Everyone and when did he get married? 

I'd send myself to the Moon cause I'm selfish :P

#goodwillhunting
    TheBigLegoski
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,780
    New Zealand for me as well. Never been and I think it looks amazing.

I'll collate the list @joel4motion no probs. Have a lovely holiday!
    bandit778SumoLegotallblocktoostluxTheBigLegoski
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    edited September 2016
    I am in!

Nothing better than a week at Disney World.  Or, I've heard that Fiji is also nice for those that want to be unplugged from the World.  (Disney or otherwise.)
    tallblocktoobandit778snowhitieTheBigLegoski
  • bri4jennbri4jenn United StatesMember Posts: 86
    Germany for October Fest
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    Scandinavia. I have always wanted to visit that area.
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 208
    Key West, Florida. One of the nicest places on earth, with beautiful surroundings...
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,694
    edited September 2016
    Pitfall69 said:
    I would gift @Legoboy a trip to Michigan (US) because he loves me so damn much ;)
    I would gift @Pitfall69 a trip to Orlando as despite me footing the bill to get my family all the way across the Atlantic next year, he whinges about the few hundred dollars he has to find to do the last leg.
    tallblocktoogmonkey76bandit778Lego_StarTheBigLegoskiSumoLegoPitfall69
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 461
    Bar Harbor, Maine. To be the first to watch the sunrise in the east coast on Cadillac Mountain:)
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 923

Maldives - we went there about 10 years ago and I've never been more relaxed!

tallblocktooTheBigLegoskiTheMaker37
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 975
    If I'm buying - come camp in my yard...if someone else is writing the cheque's. Who wants to go to the ISS?
    TheBigLegoskiSumoLegoricecakeTheMaker37
  • MasterBeefyMasterBeefy US of AMember Posts: 120
    New Zealand, it's halfway across the world from here and seems like it's wildlife is preserved from a bygone era.
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 494
    Haven't really travelled much but I imagine gifting someone a trip to Africa would be amazing.  Seeing those large animals in there natural habitat seems to me would be an awesome experience.  
    MasterBeefybandit778TheBigLegoskiricecakeTheMaker37
  • sonatine01sonatine01 EnglandMember Posts: 418
    Japan for me. A great mix of old and new all together and genuine hospitality in a beautiful country.
    tallblocktoostluxbandit778TheBigLegoskiricecakeTheMaker37
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,777
    Japan for me also - my mate went a few years ago and said it is crazy there in Tokyo. He caught his own octopus from a tank with a toy fishing rod and the woman who owned the stall proceeded to rip it to bits right there. It was so freshly killed that when the severed bit of tentacle touched the salty soy sauce provided, they twitched and curled - Yuck!
    tallblocktoobandit778TheBigLegoskiricecakeTheMaker37
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    India for me to @joel4motion. Been three times and hoping to head south next time we go. 
    joel4motiontallblocktoobandit778TheBigLegoskiTheMaker37
  • Raven13Raven13 FifeMember Posts: 16
    I'd love to take the kids to st Lucia too see where their mum and I got married 
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 203
    Rome, my favourite city that I've been to.  New Zealand is definitely worth the trip too, especially the South Island (sorry North Island!)
    tallblocktooMasterBeefyTheBigLegoskiTheMaker37
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    Mauritius, relaxing, beautiful and friendly
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited September 2016
    Southern California, the best place on earth. Where you can go to beautiful beaches, awesome mountains, expansive deserts & dunes; all within 2-3 hours drive from each other. Not to even mention all the sights and attractions like Disneyland, Legoland, Magic Mountain, Universal Studios, Raging Waters, Sea World, Wild Animal Park, world renowned San Diego Zoo. Plus the variety of food offerings from eclectic food trucks up to fancy 5-star culinary cuisines by world famous chefs. Plus perfect weather year round.
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,017
    New Zealand. It's beautiful & relaxed. Or you can throw yourself out of flying things, off bridges & down rivers.
    tallblocktooMasterBeefybandit778TheBigLegoskiTheMaker37
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Egypt (because I want to climb the pyramids before they close it off to visitors).
    bandit778TheBigLegoskiTheMaker37
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,850
    Kentucky, cause everyone should experience horse racing, bourbon and the bluegrass all together at least once in their life =)
    tallblocktoobandit778TheBigLegoskiTheMaker37
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,031
    Another vote for New Zealand. Stunning scenery and space. Can't say I'd fancy the long flight personally, but if I were able to *gift* it then it'd be on one of those fancy planes with with premium suites, beds and the works.
    tallblocktoobandit778TheBigLegoskiTheMaker37
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    Crete
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Vegas, because it's Vegas baby! 
    tallblocktooSumoLegoTheMaker37
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 431
     valley of fire in the us due to being very interesting for photography 
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719

Yellowstone National Park. There is an incredible array of things to see.  The natural landscape is scary and intriguing, classic western lodge architecture, history, animals, and first class people watching.  Cars stop in the middle of the road, drivers exit with cameras to chase down bison and grizzly bears for selfies.    

tallblocktoobandit778TheBigLegoskidavetheoxygenmanTheMaker37
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 515
    I would have to say London, pretty much the coolest city in the world. My big dream is to take all my kids there for a couple of weeks, but I think they need to grow up a bit so they remember the experience (and we can all enjoy a pint together).
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    I'd send by best friend to Billund because she is as much of a LEGO fan as I am.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,710
    All expense payed trip to Billund for one Mr. S. Otter... ;)
  • tcctcc Washington, DCMember Posts: 68
    Cape Town, South Africa because you can swim with sharks and see penguins in the same day!
    stluxbandit778tallblocktooTheBigLegoskiricecakeTheMaker37
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    France to see the louvre