Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

A Death in the Family set ideas

LegoFan2623LegoFan2623 KansasMember Posts: 13
An idea that I have for A Death in the Family is "Robin's Rescue." Including Joker w/ crowbar, Robin(Jason Todd) w/bruised and normal faces, Mrs. Todd w/scared and calm faces, Batman(Pre-52). Also included would be timebomb mini-build, exploding warehouse function like 75060 and Pre-52 Batmobile.

Comments

• LegoFan2623LegoFan2623 KansasMember Posts: 13
    Please leave ideas for price and piece count.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    Not entirely sure that something quite so violent, even from a comic book, would get accepted for an Ideas set. I don't think that particular story line would ever be classed as suitable for Lego's target audience. 
    Good luck though, although if you actually build something you are happy with, you will be able to roughly work out the piece count and cost yourself.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,765
    If he did mean Ideas, it is pointless anyway. It is an existing theme.
    graphitedougtsBumblepantskiki180703
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 586
    @LegoFan2623, are you looking for the forum to fill in price and piece count for an idea that is in YOUR head? How can we provide that info?

You've posted a couple of pretty vague discussions since you joined, I'm not sure what you were looking for with those either.....
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 895
    I've never even heard of this (off to Google...... back).  Doesn't sound very Lego I'm afraid - but clearly MOC-worthy!
    edited September 2016
    @CCC
    I took it to mean an Ideas submission because of the mention of it being 'a set' and asking for price and piece count.
    Didn't think about the existing theme restrictions on submissions as I was more surprised someone was trying to do Death in the Family as a project as it's possibly one of the most in your face violent comic book storylines I've read that wasn't watered down in any way.

(I realise there are others that may be worse in content, I just haven't read them).
    @eggshen, yes, you guys are allowed to fill in the price, and, just a question, has anyone besides me read CapnRex101's What's Missing's? That's what I'm going for.
    And the ending doesn't have to be canon to the story. It all depends on what the builder wants to do with it.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited September 2016
    @eggshen, yes, you guys are allowed to fill in the price, and, just a question, has anyone besides me read CapnRex101's What's Missing's? That's what I'm going for.
    the "what's missing" series was an attempt to fill in the blanks of sets that could be redone from an existing LEGO movie/tv franchise that has a 17 year LEGO history.  LEGO has this as an evergreen theme, and will continue pumping out sets year after year.  @CapnRex101 is making a series of set suggestions that fit within the framework of a product line that we know is going to happen.

I'm not seeing the parallel you are trying for here...
    SprinkleOtterstlux
    @dougts, I'm attempting to do a What's Missing series for both the MCU and DCEU, as well as the animated universes and Death in the Family/Under the Red Hood fit under both through Robin's suit in BvS.
    Yeah, I got that.  I just don't think it's a similar situation at all.  my $0.02
    I getting to old for this.
    dougtsPitfall69bobabrickskiki180703stlux
    @dougts, LOL, my initial thought was around $50, at the highest $60. Does anyone have an alternative pricing, or agree with $50-60?
    Also, @CCC, the regulations for Ideas says nothing about adding to an existing theme, unless it already has an Ideas set based in it.
    I think you are missing my point. I tried, I'm out
    stlux
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.