Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Barnes & Noble Lego Clearance

starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
edited September 2016 in Shopping USA/Canada
Lots of Lego on clearance (50%) at Barnes & Noble stores.
Some stores pull the clearanced sets to the designated tables, but others (like mine) left them completely unmarked and unstickered, so I manually checked each with the website's "Pickup in Store" button.
Seems to be mostly large(r) Ninjago and Chima sets, but I found a 79117 - Turtle Lair Invasion and a Lego 60097 - City Square, as well.
If you have the membership, it's an additional 10% off. If you find a lot worth buying, you can open a membership and get the discount to help pay for it.

I bought:
70734 x2 - Master Wu Dragon <$20
79117 - Turtle Invasion Lair ~$55?
70749 - Enter the Serpent <$30
70750 - Ninja DB X <$40
70132 - Scorm's Scorpion Stinger <$20

Other I left, such as:
70735 - Ronin R.E.X. ~$25
70226 - Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold ~$30
70725 - Nindroid MechDragon ~$45
60097 - City Square ~$95

Some sets showed available on the website, but I couldn't locate them in the store. Examples:
Deep Sea Exploration
Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty

Good luck.

lego007BillyBricks84kiki180703

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    I read about this the other day, but unfortunately the only B&N in our town has closed recently. Would have loved to pick up some of the Ninjago sets! 
  • richlrichl Member Posts: 241
    Pfah the NYC B&N never seem to have these clearances, or at least not the ones I can get to. But Ronin REX, the Ninja DBX and Master Wu Dragon would be nice to have at those prices.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 340
    Thanks for the heads-up! I stopped by the B&N by me today and found #70749 for 50% off. It was the only one marked as clearance, and I checked a few others online but they all seemed to be regular price.
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 497
    Just a few ninjago sets at my Barnes.  But did find a stock pile of parrot drones at 50% off!  
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 680
    Thanks for the tip! My B&N didn't have much but I was finally able to grab a Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty for a sweet half off.
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • SweepyDSweepyD USMember Posts: 78
    Tried for the Bounty, site said call and of course "Nope we dont seem to have that one"   blargh

Good luck to everyone else!
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    Here's a Ninjago example, but you can check in-store availability (according to their system) for each item. If it's half-off due to the clearance, it will show the discounted price.
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/lego+ninjago/_/N-8qf?Ns=P_Sale_Price|1
    But, you have to click each item and use the "Check Store Availability" link. 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    Darn. No Ninjago or Chima left at my BN.
    they had clearance tables and no lego
    hoping theyd stashed some in the children's book section, again fruitless
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Stopped by my local B&N and got #9450 Epic Dragon Battle 50% off.

While I'm not into Ninjago, this is my fourth set (not counting polybags and free flyers I got a while back) and my first dragon. I like dragons, so there's a chance that I'll acquire more of these sets in the future.

They also had #70725 Nindroid MechDragon, but I did not find the mech-factor appealing.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 340
    The B&N by my work had #60044 Mobile Police Unit for 50% off, which I grabbed because I had been looking at it when it was 30% off at Walmart in July, but I never pulled the trigger because I wasn't as interested in it as other sets. 
    MooreFX
    I stopped again today at B&N because, well, why not. Found #70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty "hidden" at the regular LEGO section without the red dot sticker but it ran for 50% off so I bought it.

I already bought it 25% off from Amazon a couple of months ago, but 50% off for a good looking set is hard to pass. Wonder if it'll sell well after its retired :-)
    monstblitz
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    I'll give you $61 for it!
    Dedgecko said:
    I'll give you $61 for it!
    You have to wait until it's retired... we'll talk then about your $61 bid ;-)
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    Also picked up #70737 and a #79117 for my son today. He always wants Lego sets after they are End of Life. Like the TMNT movie sets. Arghhh.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 589
    JooTog said:
    I stopped again today at B&N because, well, why not. Found #70738 Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty "hidden" at the regular LEGO section without the red dot sticker but it ran for 50% off so I bought it.

I already bought it 25% off from Amazon a couple of months ago, but 50% off for a good looking set is hard to pass. Wonder if it'll sell well after its retired :-)
    Thanks for the heads up!  I've been wanting this set, but not at $119.  I used the website inventory checker and found it in stock at the Clarendon store.  I bought the 2 they had, but left behind a lot of #70737 and also a couple #70725 at %50 off if anyone is interested.

Always great to get 2 of a set on my wish list for the price of 1!
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 746
    I called the same store on Saturday and they said they had three left.  When I got there on Sunday, I was able to get the last one left.  Thanks for leaving me one.  
  • erequenaerequena TXMember Posts: 52
    Managed to get an Epic Dragon battle, Deep sea vessel and (awesome!) Final Flight of Destiny's bounty. Nothing else was there :( Kylo Ren's command thingie and other star wars set were full price
    Went to another store last night and scored an Epic Dragon battle, Titanium Dragon, and a Titan Mech Battle.
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 472
    Most of the China sets at mine are 50% off. Wonder why? ;)
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 660
    Because the theme's been discontinued for more than a year? Assuming you mean Legends of Chima. Clearances on retired products aren't abnormal.
    Dontcopythatfloppy
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 561
    Bummer, stoped by my local story today and they had no sales.
    Mynatt said:
    Really? There wasn't any clearance tables?
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 472
    Meant to say Chima. Autocorrect 
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,422
    Local store had just one #70132, which I picked up for 50% off. They also had a few LEGO stationary items, but even at 50% off they were more than I think they are worth.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-lego-stationery-organizer/29052906?ean=4895028515010 for $20 sale price

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-lego-journal-w-building-band-blue/29160103?ean=4895028515232 for $10 sale price

If they threw in some 1x1 tiles printed with numbers and letters I'd seriously consider those two items. 
    ^ I bought the journal (grey cover variant) and the small pencil case. Already have the ruler :-)
    Found 70728 Battle for Ninjago City today at another location. 
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 561
    datkidde said:
    Mynatt said:
    Really? There wasn't any clearance tables?
    Yup, I also asked one of the employees and they said that they rarely have sales on Lego. Not all is lost though, did leave the store with 2 banana suit figures and a penguin costume cmf.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    I stopped by at a B&N yesterday and had about two LEGO items (one Chima, I think, another a small Friends set). Nothing for me. 
    Most stores in my area are wiped now. They have an additional 20% off this weekend for Members, making it 70% off any clearance Lego sets you can find. Happy hunting.
    Bad news, the 20% appreciation discount doesn't apply on Lego (the default 10% does though). I also found a couple of sets that have not been reported and wre unmarked on the two stores that I visited:
    Lego creator 31022 - Turbo Quad, 31035 - Beach Hut and 31019 - Forest Creatures
    77ncaachamps
    edited September 2016
    erequena said:
    Bad news, the 20% appreciation discount doesn't apply on Lego (the default 10% does though). I also found a couple of sets that have not been reported and wre unmarked on the two stores that I visited:
    That isn't true. I've been using it since Thursday specifically for Lego. I got #70751 Temple of Airjitzu for $160 yesterday. Also got #70728 Battle for Ninjago City for 70% off. (50% and the additional 20%)/ Myabe YMMV but all of the stores I've been it works. 
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    edited September 2016
    Today I went to a store in San Jose and found one Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty in the LEGO section without the clearance sticker. I checked online and it said $60 so I took it to the register. I gave them my friend's phone number and her membership gave me an additional 20% off so it was $48 plus tax.
    Bumblepants
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    I can confirm the 20% off does work on Lego, bought a Spiderman Bridge Battle and it rang up at 79.99.  The 20% does stack on clearance, but its applied after the 50% so its not actually 70% off, but still a sweet deal.  My store has had no Legos in clearance, but they tend to add stuff every couple days.
    ^ Correct. Mine was a net savings of 60% off.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    Today I went to a store in San Jose and found one Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty in the LEGO section without the clearance sticker. I checked online and it said $60 so I took it to the register. I gave them my friend's phone number and her membership gave me an additional 20% off so it was $48 plus tax.
    Sweet. I'm guessing Stevens Creek or Almaden
    Blossom Hill and Almaden.
    77ncaachamps
    datkidde said:
    erequena said:
    That isn't true. I've been using it since Thursday specifically for Lego. I got #70751 Temple of Airjitzu for $160 yesterday. Also got #70728 Battle for Ninjago City for 70% off. (50% and the additional 20%)/ Myabe YMMV but all of the stores I've been it works. 
    That's weird. On two stores I purchased it only applied 10% off, but 20% on other things (pop and super hero statues). I feel cheated :(
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,372
    @erequena It was the same for me, both regular and sale LEGO but books were 20% off. It might have been a store by store or regional decision.
    Just came back from B&N and the same thing happened. 20% everything except lego 10%. But did find two other sets in clearance (a green motorcycle and red car and dinosaur). No starwars sets on clearance anywhere either, so like @Jenni says its probably aregional thing (texas)
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 582
    I got #70738 Final Flight for 50% off the other day. They didn't have any Lego in the clearance section, but they had Ronin Rex in the regular area, which is 50% off according to the website, so there may have been more hiding in the regular section.
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    I picked up #70738 yesterday.  I found it on the website at $59.99, ran into the store and it ended up being buried behind some Nexo Knights sets in the regular Lego section with no sticker.  I also got the 20% off on it with the member discount so it came to just under $50.  I have never bought Ninjago stuff, but for that price and a pretty neat set I could not pass it up!