Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hi from Germany! :-)

AnonymousAnonymous GermanyMember Posts: 40

Hi guys!

I signed up to Brickset a few weeks ago and have now finally found a few minutes to introduce myself :-)

My name's Stevie, a 30-something FFOL (?) from North West Germany.
I got back into Lego 3 or 4 years ago when I bought my niece a Friends set for her birthday (I think it was Olivia's Tree House - not sure because I've bought her several sets since then). I was amazed by the sets that had become available since I was a kid. Not really a huge fan of the Friends theme (although fun to build with my niece), but quickly got into the Super Heroes, which had just been released. I guess that was the beginning of the slippery slope... :-D

Since then I've discovered how addictive collecting Lego can be. I love the Collectible Minifig series - got all from Series 8 onward and have managed to get some of the earlier series too :-)

And then there are the modular buildings. They are so cool! Managed to pick up a Town Hall back in 2013 while prices were still affordable. I think my favorite has got to be the Palace Cinema. Just wish I had gotten back into Lego earlier when the Café Corner and Green Grocer were available :-S

I'm currently trying to complete my Indiana Jones collection and there are a few Harry Potters sets that I'd really love to have too...

Anyhow, it's great to be part of the Brickset community. I never realized that there was so many adults who shared my passion :-)

Stevie x

MooreFXBumblepantskiki180703catwranglerTheMaker37bobabricksbandit778snowhitie

Comments

• kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,064
    Welcome to Brickset! I too am interested in the modulars and the CMFs! I have Series 12 onwards + Team GB and the German Football Team. For the modulars, I missed out on Town Hall and the older ones except for the Pet Shop.
    Anonymous
  • AnonymousAnonymous GermanyMember Posts: 40
    edited September 2016

Hey thanks @kiki180703 :-)

Yeah, I missed out on the TeamGB minifigures too :-(  Maybe one day when I'm rich I'll treat myself to a sealed set ;-D

kiki180703
    I got my set Team GB set with a great trade with an amazing person here on the Forum. I would never have been able to get them without that.
    @kiki180703
    Oops - sorry. I misunderstood you. Thought you hadn't got the TeamGB set. 

Wow, you were very lucky to get them! :-) 
    kiki180703
    I know!
    Anonymous
  • dspigeldspigel Newport NewsMember Posts: 460
    Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you've already started a great collection. Maybe when you have time you can post how you display them.
    Anonymous
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,892
    Welcome to Brickset! :) The CMFs are so hard to resist, aren't they? I always say I'm not going to pick up whatever is the latest series, but then I think I'll get just one...
    kiki180703Anonymous
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 496
    Welcome:)
    Anonymous
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,188
    edited September 2016
    Hello, welcome. There are quite a lot of us, yes. From all over the world... It's a friendly place! :-)
    Anonymous
    dspigel said:
    Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you've already started a great collection. Maybe when you have time you can post how you display them.

Thank you :-)

I'm afraid I haven't got room for an awesome layout - I've seen some really cool photos of layouts here. Wish I had the room to do the same :-/
    My modulars are currently sitting on a shelf (they still look great though).

As for my Collectible Minifigs, also on shelf but I'm thinking about getting some Ribba frames from IKEA to display them properly (and keep the dust off them).

Welcome to Brickset! :) The CMFs are so hard to resist, aren't they? I always say I'm not going to pick up whatever is the latest series, but then I think I'll get just one...

Yes, the CMFs are extremely hard to resist - I love them all. And I definitely want to complete my collection :-)  May take a while, but I'm determined ;-)
    catwrangler

@TheMaker37 and @MaffyD

Thank you both :-)

I've had a really friendly welcome here :-)  People from so many different nationalities and from so many different backgrounds! I love it! :-)

• bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    @Anonymous Welcome to the forums! I too would one day like to complete the Indiana Jones series. I used to have almost all of the sets back when they came out, but I got rid of them for no other reason than I'm stupid (I also needed room ;P, but mostly stupid).
    Anonymous

@bobabricks - thank you :-)

Oh, no! That's a shame! It's a great theme, isn't it. I've managed so far to get most of the smaller sets. Still looking for the larger sets like Temple Escape (really want that one because it's from my favorite Indie film), The Temple of Doom, Fight on the Flying Wing...

bobabricks
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,060
    Welcome to the forums. Very impressive what you already managed to pick up!

Great you are building with your niece as well, always fun (I do agree on the minidols but the sets are still cool).
    Anonymous
    snowhitie said:
    Welcome to the forums. Very impressive what you already managed to pick up!

Great you are building with your niece as well, always fun (I do agree on the minidols but the sets are still cool).

Thanks @snowhitie :-)

I haven't got a huge collection, but I'm working on it ;-D
    Space is a bit of an issue with me. The sets I have are displayed in my home office, which is quite small :-S

Yes, building with my niece is fun, but has become less much frequent now that she is a bit older. And especially since she got her first mobile phone a few weeks ago - can't get her off it! :-D

• Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited September 2016
    Hi.

What's an FFoL?

Are you a fricking fan of Lego? 

I have a theory as to why it's AFoLs and not ALFs. I won't bother typing it. 

Welcome aboard and please none of that hacker sh-t.... 
    Anonymous
    Thanks @Legopassion8

Fear not! It took me 3 hours to set up my WiFi router, so I'm hardly hacker material! :-D
    Furtive Fan of Lego?

Festive Fan of Lego?

Frantic? Fantastic? Fabulous? I know it's not 'adult' in German, that's something else...
    Anonymous
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    edited September 2016
    I'm guessing maybe female fan of Lego. 

Welcome @Anonymous! All the best with expanding your collection! I'm sure it won't take too much effort :-) 
    Anonymouscatwrangler
    MaffyD said:
    Furtive Fan of Lego?

Festive Fan of Lego?

Frantic? Fantastic? Fabulous? I know it's not 'adult' in German, that's something else...

@MaffyD - Though nearly all of your suggestions are possible, none of them apply to me unfortunately. Except maybe "frantic" ;-D

@LostInTranslation is correct. Actually, I thought that FFOL was the correct abbreviation and commonly used :-S
    Not always easy to tell from members' avatars and user names, but there seems to be plenty of FFOLs here on Brickset :-)

LostInTranslationMaffyDcatwrangler
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I've generally seen AFFOL for Adult Female Fan of Lego, though I don't tend to use it,  just AFOL. 

There are indeed plenty of us lurking around the Brickset forum :-) 
    Anonymous

@LostInTranslation - Hmm, AFFOL does look a bit weird, doesn't it. Just AFOL it is then :-) 

I'm sure Fantastic and Fabulous could both apply! Don't sell yourself short! :-)

And @LostInTranslation - I'm not sure you can be said to 'lurk':

:-)

LostInTranslationAnonymouscatwrangler

Aww, that's very kind of you @MaffyD :-)

Yep, with 4520 posts @LostInTranslation can only be described as a "Prolific Poster" ;-D

MaffyD