Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Series 16 sightings

Comments

• kizkizkizkiz londonMember Posts: 95
    Went all around Kingston this morning, and only found three almost empty boxes behind the tills in whsmiths.
    The missus then insisted on going shopping and found two almost full boxes in Asda Feltham and an almost full box in long acres garden centre shepperton! That one was a massive surprise 
    Got myself, 
    4xbanana
    3xmariachi
    Hiker
    Wildlife photographer 
    Penguin boy
    Rogue
    Cyborg
    This was my first ever attempt at feeling and got everything I wanted (rogue and cyborg being mistakes I can live with)
    Bananas were so easy to find with the massive banana piece. The mariachi hat is simple too. Pointy in the middle with the recessed area all around.
    The hikers rucksack is very obvious once you find it.
    The photographer i found as the hood is ridged to simulate fur which made it easy to distinguish.
    The penguin boy was short legs, then no horns on the head to make sure he wasn't an imp

catwranglerjosekalelkiki180703
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    The several Walmarts and Targets I have been to, have run out of these. I am still missing one or two, and I want more Mariachis to form my band. 
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 317
    Certainly not got them in the Entertainer in Ipswich, while other outlets around town do.
    Oh, there's no way that the Entertainer will even be touching this series thanks to this fella right here...

• MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,288
    No sight of these in my local sainsburys or TRU yet - in fact, TRU has taken their existing CMFs off the bit near the tills...
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    Available in Oxford Sainsburys, Smiths and Boswells. Three small boys having a great time feeling the bags. The shop assistant told me that all the banana men had gone because they were so easy to identify.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,288
    Spotted in WH Smiths, and 11 packs brought...
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Spotted in ASDA Perth 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,644
    Tesco Copdock had an empty space for them today, which is slightly better than no indication of their existence. Picked up a few more from WHSmith at lunch time and now just need the lady cyborg, wildlife photographer and imp to complete the set.
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,342
    Anyone in the Kettering, Northamptonshire area struggling since WHSmith closed down, just to let you know Waterstones have got some. 
    OrmskirkBrickskiki180703Lego_Star
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    @bookmum Thanks for reminding me about Waterstones - the one in my area has previously stocked them so that'll be the next place I try!
    Glad to be of assistance. It was a lightbulb moment to try Waterstones. I got the baby so I was very overjoyed. 
  • RedMarkRedMark UKMember Posts: 80
    edited September 2016
     Argos Macclesfield had a box out on the counter today.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,968
    Smyths Toys in Reading had them at the till. Out of thr box and hanging on hooks though. Looked to be at least a box full. I had a squeeze and got the two banana guys I wanted, then randomly picked another seven. Just the one duplicate for the little devil which my daughter has taken along with the second Banana.

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    flord said:
    BTW, how are people displaying Penguin Boy? With skates on or off? I want to put him in a big frame but with skates on, he slides around. With skates off, the skates are loose. I might give it a small dab of hot glue to hold it in place.
    My solution - I used a similar piece with figures that could hold their skates.  Penguin Boy's flippers posed a distinct problem.

catwranglerstluxkiki180703LEGO_Dad77canon03pharmjodDedgeckosnowhitie
    Of course Baby needs a pram.
    catwranglerMooreFXstluxkiki180703KingAlanIsnowhitie
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    Is that... MB?!!!!!!!!!
    CircleKShibkiki180703
    If MB is a code for a certain rival Canadian brand then it's kinda right. I'm on holiday so only have some cheap 'compatible with the leading brand' bricks with me. I'm sorry. Please forgive me!!! 
    catwranglerstluxkiki180703KingAlanIsnowhitie
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,416
    Saw these displayed in the Lego store in Saarbrücken today. Was not very eager to get this series, but now kinda want the hiker, banana guy and penguin boy. Didn't have time to feel for them but will go back tomorrow.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    Plenty at the Target @ Aliso Viejo.

Grabbed an extra Cute Little Devil, Wildlife Photographer, Mariachi, and Spy.

Still want an extra Hiker and more Arabian Knights.
  • SteinerSteiner GermanyMember Posts: 4
    JooTog said:
    Plenty at the Target @ Aliso Viejo.

Grabbed an extra Cute Little Devil, Wildlife Photographer, Mariachi, and Spy.

Still want an extra Hiker and more Arabian Knights.
    He *is* extra cute, isn't he? :)
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 845
    Finally found these in store today, and got myself 2 Mariachis, 1 Hiker, 1 Dog show judge, and 1 Spy (by accident). All stores near me appear to have been wiped clean of penguins, bananas and teen mums. Oh well, the search continues!
    KingAlanI
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Went to Smyths again earlier in the hope of getting a Photographer and Baby Sitter though they were more or less cleaned out,  they only had about 10 bags left (they had bags everywhere last week). 

Managed to pick out another Penguin and Spooky boy so not a wasted visit. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    I still have to get some of the more common ones to complete my set. I also forgot about getting a female boxer as those are rares I believe, even though I found about 5 of them when I was picking out some others I wanted.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    At Walmart found two new display cases, got 14 of the banana guy.  This was the easiest to feel for so I didn't care to get any others.  Plus, I have a full box on order thru @MinifiguresPlus
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,570
    In Smyth's Toystore today I bought 7 cmf, no duplicates. :)
    Banana Guy
    Mariachi
    Babysitter
    Dog show Judge
    Forestman
    Hiker
    Penguin Suit Kid.
    Just 9 more needed for a full set and then a few duplicates.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,141
    Target had a couple dozen left but apparently the same ones. I did get more practice feeling the packs. I thought about getting Rogues for army building and a Mariachi for the guitar for my LEGO music collection, but decided against it (at least without the redcard discount).
    bookmum said:
    Of course Baby needs a pram.
    I didn't MOC with Babysitter; I displayed it with the mom and baby in Fun in the Park.
    PS Hard to build LEGO models to scale sometimes, isn't it? In general, I put any CMFs I want as part of a scene.

bookmum
    I agree my pram is a bit big. Poor babysitter probably can't see where she is going. I also built a nursery but the pram couldn't fit through the door. Although for the parents amongst us you would know that is quite true for some of those giant bugaboo style prams. Ha ha. 
    LittleLoristluxcatwranglerKingAlanIkiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,416
    After having to endure 7 pages in this thread of people finding these in their local store, they finally surfaced in Luxembourg as well. Eur 2.89 - got 1 of each today of banana guy, mariachi, hiker and boxer. Wanted another hiker and penguin boy, but was unable to find these. (there was only about half a box, and my feeling skills are "lacking")
    I assume other stores in Luxembourg have these now in stock too, so will try my luck there next week.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    Is that how you feed a baby?  I've been doing it all wrong.
    MooreFXKingAlanIJern92bookmumsklambkiki180703
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    Got these today. I am still missing 3.
    MooreFXkiki180703
    @Jern92 glad to see my nickname for Babysitter is popular. I've tried to avoid overusing it.
    @MooreFX ah, something to do with my surplus Friends accessories! Now teen mom has a magenta hair ribbon.
    @SumoLego I found it hard to turn the minifig's hands so the bottle is aimed at the baby's mouth, but I came pretty close.
    MooreFXkiki180703
    Apparently there are no more of these in the area where I live (I've visited several Walmarts and Targets). Still missing the Sword Guy, and I want a few more Mariachis to complete a band. 
    doing a trade with someone, they wanted 3 from my spares and 3 others. since stores near me are out, I dipped into my own collection to finish the deal. (trade partner knows this). I'll get those again next time I see S16 packets.
    Picked up an Imp and Photographer (and a second Mariachi dude) at lunch time so only the cyborg to go, and I'm not too bothered about her as a figure - it would just be nice to complete the set.
    Found some in Walgreens, picked up the only Mariachi I could find. 
    I only want the Imp so that I can pimp up a version of Hellboy. :)
    catwrangler
    Picked up two hikers for a guy in work. Still not managed to find babysitter or photographer! 
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 453
    I bought 12 packs and I got doubles in 11 of them. Still missing 2 for the set.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Finally found them this week! Thank you, Waterstones Belfast. Got the Imp and the Photographer. :)
    Pumpkin_3CK5kiki180703
    In TRU Nottingham now. About 6 boxes have been opened but only 3 seem to have been searched through. There were at least 3 banana suit men left in each of the boxes I searched.

I found a Polar photographer, to expand my penguin flock, an Ice Queen, and 2 Costume Imps. 
    So I am just missing the Cyborg Girl for a full set. I'm not even sure that I want her.....
    but I will be getting some duplicates of the Penguin, and other army builders.
    After a few drinks, I decided to stop at a Walmart on my way home...found a full box and grabbed two bananas, two Mariachi, and an extra one that I thought would be the sword guy...ended up being the Little Devil, which it's cool. 
    Venunder said: 
    So I am just missing the Cyborg Girl for a full set. I'm not even sure that I want her.....
    That's how I felt, but WH SMith in town had a couple of new boxes out today and I couldn't resist having a feel, so now have the complete set.  And another spare banana guy.
    Finally managed to find a babysitter, just after the Wildlife Photographer to go now! 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    Four people mistook me for a Target employee as I felt for the minifigs, haha. They thought I was arranging the pile back in the case - which I was, but out of courtesy. I guess the maroon shirt didn't help. Anyways, I should have all, and a couple of extras.
    MooreFXKingAlanIDedgeckojosekalelkiki180703madforLEGO
    Went to a Walmart that's close to me and they had some Disney CMFs left, and there were some S16 bags in the Disney box, then I looked behind it and there was a half-full box of S16. I was looking for Mariachis, another babysitter (for a friend), and the Sword Guy. Was able to find all of them. Unfortunately, someone had opened a bag with a Mariachi, so I wasn't able to get it.  
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    finally found them. grabbed 2 at semi-random (went for packets that looked densely packed) and got 2 of the 3 I wanted (rogue and devil)
    edited September 2016
    Target had 3 cases' worth on racks. I found all the Penguin and Rogue and most of the Banana and Babysitter, and the 1 Dog Show Winner I wanted. It took a few trips to have enough money and check all the packs.
    Venunder said:
    In TRU Nottingham now. About 6 boxes have been opened but only 3 seem to have been searched through. There were at least 3 banana suit men left in each of the boxes I searched.

I found a Polar photographer, to expand my penguin flock, an Ice Queen, and 2 Costume Imps. 
    but I will be getting some duplicates of the Penguin, and other army builders.
    I saw that with S15 at a local supermarket. One case had a few loose bags, but that was another behind it that clearly hadn't been touched.

josekalel said:
    After a few drinks, I decided to stop at a Walmart on my way home...found a full box and grabbed two bananas, two Mariachi, and an extra one that I thought would be the sword guy...ended up being the Little Devil, which it's cool. 
    Is sword guy Bald Pirate or Arabian Knight? I can see how you could get the blade confused with Imp's tail, but short legs make it easy to distinguish Imp (or Penguin Boy).
    KingAlanI said:
    Is sword guy Bald Pirate or Arabian Knight? I can see how you could get the blade confused with Imp's tail, but short legs make it easy to distinguish Imp (or Penguin Boy).
    Sword guy for me is Arabian Knight, pirate guy would be Pirate Guy...lol...The first time I confused the Arabian Knight's sword with the Witch's ice thing. 
    KingAlanI