Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Vintage find :)

monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
while clearing out a house we stumbled across a big black sack of Lego my mother in law had given to my five year old to play with (unbeknown to me). Well, four hours of building later and we had put into its orignional state... Not in amazing condition, but he's having fun and I think I might try and buy a few bits of old pirate Lego for him to play with in addition to what we found - best Sunday evening ever 

BumblepantsluckyrussCalviplanteSumoLegolegogrrl4JenniPitfall69Salamalexstluxkiki180703catwranglerdougtsYodaliciousgmonkey76madforLEGOPeteMReccechuckpeanairDevastatorLEGO_Dad77yys4uRsa33iliketoastdavetheoxygenmanstevecook132LegoboyGoldchainskhmellymel

Comments

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
    Also, in the same haul we found nicely bagged up and labels a load of bricks call Statue of Liberty. Matching the bricks to the images on the interweb I believe it is the set below, but no instructions to help build it back, any help with instruction on this one would be great, tar.

LEGO_Dad77Legoboy
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Nice find! I love that Pirate Island set, it's the first set I ever remember getting new as a kid. My sister has it in a shed along with the rest of our childhood lego now, I hate to think what condition it's in! 
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 871
    Nice - looks in great nick too.  I also have particular fond memories of #6270, it's a great play-set with the bridge, the dungeon, and the monkey!
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Amazing find! I've always fancied Forbidden Island - so many great parts to rearrange the geography...
    Well, that's might have been a great find but it has expensive repercussions. :) just bought the Fort set, #6276 and bidding for the small pirate island on evilbay now, love to get hold of the two ships, given these are to be played with, not going to be too fussed on condition so figures crossed something comes up.

oldly my son is having a great time with these older sets and for the first time I am thinking some of the newer sets (great as they are) have so many play features that they take something away from playing itself, with only a few simple feature on the sets here my son is focusing so much more on creating some sort of 'story' than simply flicking missiles around the room...
    catwrangler
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 393

What set is that final tab?! :)
    catwrangleralldarkerBobflip
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    PeteM said:

What set is that final tab?! :)
    It's the Moon Warrior.
    PeteMalldarkercatwrangler
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    I'll see if I can LDD it for you tomorrow. It looks simple enough and according to the images though.

Someone has one up on Ebay too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-LEGO-Mini-Statue-of-Liberty-Times-Square-Toys-R-Us-Exclusive-3450-Christmas-/131909507711
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    That final tab is the classic #6016 Knight's Arse and All.
    MaffyDricecakeLEGO_Dad77catwrangler
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Let me find the instructions in a bit.  I'm pretty positive I have them!
  • ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
    Wow! What a find!

And I swear I've seen that Statue of Liberty around somewhere but I am blanking out on where that is ...
    bgl_84Legogram
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Here you go. Enjoy!
    ricecakeRecceThe_Mad_VulcanLegoboy
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    Awesome, thanks @cmrt1014.
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Forbidden Island is my FAVORITE Classic Pirates set!!! I wanted it, and wanted it, and WANTED it! And finally one of my awesome parents' caved and I GOT IT!! XD Haha! I think for Christmas or something. Still a favorite in my ENTIRE collection. I can't believe your lucky find, that's so cool. :)
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 881
    edited August 2016
    Thanks cmrt1014 for the PDF, managed to build mine. :)

Think I saw the colour of the base wrongly, thought it was sand yellow.

Thanks loads @cmrt1014 will put that together over breakfast :)
    Legoboy
    Well, didn't quite have all the right bits but enough to build it back (mostly) :)

catwrangler