Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Series 16 sightings

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,153
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, I'm very cautious opening, but regardless, I did check the package, the pamphlet, the shop bag, my zippy hoodie pocket, the floor, etc etc... no dice. I'm gonna just have to not stress it since CS can't do a thing about it.

I would say to call them anyway though if a part is missing. If I recall they could not get the part but they instead sent a random pack. Not great, but hey it is a 3.99 apology if they cannot replace the part
    josekalel said:
    I went to Walmart during my lunch time and got eight bags, just one repeat (Banana guy for a friend), the rest I'm more than sure I don't have yet. I still think that sorting through these is still difficult. 
    I want two sets (one for me and one for the GF) so sitting in a store trying to sort through and find 2 sets while standing there is a bit awkward on many levels. That is why I'm hoping that minifiguresplus can get them but I think they will know by end of the month. I want spares so Ill probably start hunting for those, but Im hoping to just buy two sets as that is easier on me right now
    josekalel
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    G'dang some Targets I've called still have it street dated for September while others had three boxes out in their shelves. Fun times.
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    Available again on LEGO website... plus double bonus points.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Series 16 is back at [email protected] just in time for Double VIP weekend. Ordering 19 will also get you the freebie bus.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @Pumpkin_3CK5 I did see some today at the Target in Huntington Beach (on Brookhurst) on the LEGO aisle if you're in So. California.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    @catwrangler I've been binge-listening to CVIII tracks on YouTube these past few days. I didn't know CotM borrowed heavily from this one.
    Oh, don't even get me started on Castlevania soundtracks, I could geek out and go off topic for days! For what's it worth, I think CVIII had one of the greatest soundtracks in the series, and CotM had very good music as well. But I think my favorite remains Symphony of the Night. 

On topic: I find it really weird that I was able to find these about a week early at Target, where for the past several series, they were putting them out at least a month late. Just the week before I found Series 16, this Target had just put out the Disney series for the first time, but within that week they have all mysteriously vanished. 
    catwranglerPumpkin_3CK5
    edited August 2016
    Oh, don't even get me started on Castlevania soundtracks, I could geek out and go off topic for days! For what's it worth, I think CVIII had one of the greatest soundtracks in the series, and CotM had very good music as well. But I think my favorite remains Symphony of the Night. 

On topic: I find it really weird that I was able to find these about a week early at Target, where for the past several series, they were putting them out at least a month late. Just the week before I found Series 16, this Target had just put out the Disney series for the first time, but within that week they have all mysteriously vanished. 
     I think the first CV I played and finished was Belmont's Revenge and dang, the soundtrack on that one for an 8-bit game was just awesome! Then after that it was Super Castlevania IV! As for SotN, I think all Castlevania games which Yamane-san composed for was a hit.

LegoKip said:
    @Pumpkin_3CK5 I did see some today at the Target in Huntington Beach (on Brookhurst) on the LEGO aisle if you're in So. California.
     I'm up north but thanks for the heads up anyways lol 

I'm gonna try something different this time. I ordered 3 random ones from [email protected] and start from there. Hopefully they're not all the same!
    catwranglermatticus_bricksLegoKip
  • DaeivlDaeivl ChiraqMember Posts: 2
    Series 16 is common in the NW suburbs of Chicago and Chicago. Toys r us, Both Lego stores as well as Lego Discovery center.

As for Disney minifigs I have an email directly through lego's email server from the/a supervisor of the Woodfield Mall Lego store that they would have Disney minifigs in the fall. Her name is Sue and that as transparent with information she was.

As a note, she did not comment as to whether she was referring to the current 1 and only Disney minifig series or if she was referring to another series.

Personally it sounded like a second run of what already was released and has disappeared in an instant.

• josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    @madforLEGO @Onebricktoomany I do still find it a bit awkward standing there groping the packets, but the more you do it the less awkward it becomes (also, the fact that I AM going to buy them makes my mind at ease). Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of talking or helping anyone while searching for my figures. 

Yesterday I inventoried my opened and unopened packets and figured (no pun intended) that I am missing only four to complete the set (my first full set, since I have yet to buy one or two more Disney CMFs). I am missing Sword Guy, Blue Haired Lady, and Boxer. As for spares, I want to buy a few more Mariachis (yes, to form a band AND to change one of their pants with Han Solo's pants...think about it) as well as one more Banana Guy (I bought extra ones the first time I was able to buy them, but they were for my brother who is out of the country and a friend of mine).

Otherwise, I am glad that 'better late than never', I was able to jump into the individual CMFs series. Although I do not like all of the figures, I do enjoy collecting and photographing them. 
  • siiilenttbobsiiilenttbob California USAMember Posts: 4
    I've been checking my local Target but still nothing. Actually, I'm now kinda hoping to get the full set of this series online.... I guess from Amazon, since I see Series 14 & 15 at fairly reasonable prices. That'd be nice since I have some gift card money to use anyway. I just can NOT do the feeling thing (see my earlier post) and I wanna get the full set this time around.
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    edited August 2016
    I'm in a small Northeastern California town with only a Walmart...... which ALWAYS gets at least 3 cases of each Minifigure series, bully for me. :D Got the only four I wanted for myself (Mariachi, Pirate, Hooded Bowman, and Scimitar Guy), plus Banana Man and Explorer Dude for my Son, and Family Chic for the Wife. :)

They also had one Stitch from the Disney Series that I was quick to point out to a Grandma shopping for her Grandson. I, too, don't mind at all just feeling for which figures I want, for however long it takes. I talked to this Grandma and her family for a while about collecting LEGO - how I found ALL of my childhood sets in storage and immediately dove right back into collecting/enjoying, told her which packets were which figures as I identified them, and everyone was happy, haha! I love LEGO.
    catwranglerjosekalel
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    Found series 16 at the Aberdeen S.D Target and the Huron South Dakota Wal-Mart on Friday. I now have 4 of the Mariachi guy with acoustic guitar! He really was the only one I wanted in this series. I picked a few others up, too. While searching at the Target, I was able to help some young lad's grandparents locate a City set with a semi-truck that was on clearance (and better than the marked price). They enjoyed my knowledge of what days the sales prices drop, and why I was "feeling" the CMF bags. Their grandson is 5... so they have a few years of Lego shopping ahead of them now :D

I will say that the printed face on the Hooded Bowman could cause me to purchase a few more of him., and the ice queen's blades have really interesting handles.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    My closest Walmart now has both these Series 16 and Disney CMFs locked in those little plastic boxes you need an employee to unlock. Fuggedaboutit, potential sale lost. Oddly the urban WM in the high-shrink area had them just out.
    edited August 2016
    Daeivl said:
    Series 16 is common in the NW suburbs of Chicago and Chicago. Toys r us, Both Lego stores as well as Lego Discovery center.

As for Disney minifigs I have an email directly through lego's email server from the/a supervisor of the Woodfield Mall Lego store that they would have Disney minifigs in the fall. Her name is Sue and that as transparent with information she was.

As a note, she did not comment as to whether she was referring to the current 1 and only Disney minifig series or if she was referring to another series.

Personally it sounded like a second run of what already was released and has disappeared in an instant.

Went to the LEGO store today in Schaumburg, and they have no CMF 16, maybe later this week, but they are not sure. I was holding off anyway until I hopped over to the Schaumburg LDC and they had a ton of them
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442

My closest Walmart now has both these Series 16 and Disney CMFs locked in those little plastic boxes you need an employee to unlock. Fuggedaboutit, potential sale lost. Oddly the urban WM in the high-shrink area had them just out.
    And that's why that store has high-shrinkage!
    You're right, of course, based on the information I gave. Of course one of those stores has a heavily video monitored aisle, and the other doesn't. I'll let you guess which.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    There were so many of this series that I wanted that it was easier to just buy a case, which has only happened once before. With 10 per cent off on Thursdays with a TRU credit card and lot of Rewards dollars expiring soon and nothing else in the store that looked enticing, it was a very easy decision. After giving some figs to my nieces and nephews, there should be just enough for my play needs. So tired of the darn things falling over, I picked up a bunch of 16 by 16 plates on BL to make it easier to play with them. 
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    edited August 2016
    ^ I have most of my minifigures on a 16x32 baseplate, the only problem is trying to line them up uniformly, because of all the big accessories.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    TRU @ Mission Viejo had 4.5 boxes as of this afternoon. They have them by the electronics section locked at the glass counter.

I was going to get two or three hoping to get my missing Hiker, but the guy asked me if I wanted to feel them (the LEGO CMF Series 16 blind bags; nothing else).

I found my missing Hiker, grabbed a second Babysitter, and two more Cute Little Devils. Grabbed what I thought was my second Penguin Guy... turned out I already had two duplicates and forgot about it.
    LEGO_Dad77josekalelkiki180703
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 681
    JooTog said:
    TRU @ Mission Viejo had 4.5 boxes as of this afternoon. They have them by the electronics section locked at the glass counter.

I was going to get two or three hoping to get my missing Hiker, but the guy asked me if I wanted to feel them (the LEGO CMF Series 16 blind bags; nothing else).

I found my missing Hiker, grabbed a second Babysitter, and two more Cute Little Devils. Grabbed what I thought was my second Penguin Guy... turned out I already had two duplicates and forgot about it.
    The correct term should be 'groping' the CMF bags...either way, I am only missing the Sword Guy which has been difficult to find. Last time I got an extra Mariachi and Banana Guy (to give away), but I don't think all of these are winners. IMO, the following are my favorite (in no real particular order):
    • Mariachi
    • Banana Guy
    • Cute Little Devil
    • Babysitter
    • Penguin Boy
    • Hiker
    The hardest one to find for me was the babysitter. The Ice queen, Banana Guy, and the Mariachi figs have to be the easiest for me.
    CircleKMegtheCatKingAlanIkiki180703
    @madforLEGOLook for the baby bottle, it's a dead giveaway for me. I have found several of them at Target and TRU, but I just wanted two.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
    So the only store in my little town that carries anything worthwhile is Walmart, and it's not a Super Center either. :| Anyhow, we stopped in yesterday to see what the "new mod" reset had to offer, only to find that the CMF don't have a spot anymore! :C So it looks like for any future series I'll be hitting up other avenues instead of finding them myself and being the first to open them. WAH!
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    Went back to the Tukwila Lego Store yesterday, they had been out of Series 16 but it was back again. I felt through an almost full box, which was obviously a composite of many felt through boxes and after that they brought out a fresh box.

Then I was taking requests and looking for specific mini figs for anyone who walked by. Very fun.

That composite box gives a clear picture of which figures are the least popular, in our area. It had no less than 12 Desert Warriors. The Spooky Boy, Spy, Skallywag, Rogue, Kickboxer, and Dog Show Winner were all present.
    MooreFXLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • BrownRiceMafiaBrownRiceMafia USAMember Posts: 18
    Went back to the Tukwila Lego Store yesterday, they had been out of Series 16 but it was back again. I felt through an almost full box, which was obviously a composite of many felt through boxes and after that they brought out a fresh box.

Then I was taking requests and looking for specific mini figs for anyone who walked by. Very fun.

That composite box gives a clear picture of which figures are the least popular, in our area. It had no less than 12 Desert Warriors. The Spooky Boy, Spy, Skallywag, Rogue, Kickboxer, and Dog Show Winner were all present.

The Bellevue one had a box out, too.
    TRU @ Mission Viejo still had what looked like 5 full (or almost full) boxes of Series 16.

Target @ Mission Viejo had about 25-30 on a rack along with about 40-50 Disney CMF.

From Target I picked the missing duplicates I wanted (Cyborg, Hiker and Wildlife Photographer) and three extra Arabian Knights to start the army that will go after Aladdin and the Genie :-)
    LEGO_Dad77kiki180703
    Lol, my Boy (7.5 years) specifically asked for the Spy Guy (which kinda surprised me), and I can't beLIEVE the Scallywag was there! He and Mariachi and Masked Bowman were my most wanted! Perfect for Pirates & Castle scenes, and the Mariachi is just badass.

Like @JooTog above, my Scimitar Guy is going after Aladdin at the moment, but he does wander over to terrorize Indy every once in a while. :D
    JooTog
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,141
    Walmart near me had a box out. Didn't get any since I didn't know what to look for. I want Dog Show Champion to add to my LEGO dog collection; I display dog figurines in my variant of Fun In The Park. Bald Pirate, Forest Rogue and Mariachi Player would go with the Pirate, Medieval and music stuff I have, but those aren't critical wants. Hiker would be a reminder of my camping days, and maybe a gift for some of my Boy Scout friends (I got S15's Wrestling Champion for some friends into that). 'Babysitter' is certainly less controversial than 'Teen Mom'. ;)
    SumoLegoLEGO_Dad77JooTogkiki180703
    @LEGO_Dad77 Funny, I also thought about Indy, but I don't have any of his minifigure; I guess I can have them in a cave or by a rope bridge and have Indy "off camera" :-D

@KingAlanI 'Teen Mom', LOL!
    LEGO_Dad77KingAlanIkiki180703
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 535
    Picked up, from the Park Meadows Lego store:

Banana Guy
    Penguin Boy
    Spooky Boy
    Cute Little Devil

Those were the main four that I wanted.  They had a couple of boxes worth of figs. At some point I may see if I can get a couple of the others.

Went back to WalMart. They had 17 left. I didn't notice anything by feel; I wasn't much good feeling S15 either. Probably someone else got the good ones anyway. I saw where the bump codes are but I don't see a key online yet. Maybe I could weigh the packs; I have a small scale sensitive to 0.1g and will take that with me next trip. Target had most of a Disney box left.
    Most have a BrickLink average of $5 and change, with Banana Guy/Spy/Mariachi on the high end of that. Teen Mom is in the lead at nearly $9 with Penguin Boy at about $8.

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Getting very impatient for these to start appearing in the UK! 
    TheOriginalSimonBGothamConstructionCocatwranglerkiki180703snowhitie
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,644
    Getting very impatient for these to start appearing in the UK! 
    Absolutely.  
    Got my order of three - two banana suit guys and a spy. Good draw of randoms, and I was planning on getting two of peanut butter jelly time man anyways.
    I think I'll get all of them. $5 gives a bit of a margin even with retail price, sales tax and BL/PP fees, though the real profit is in the ones that go for more than that. The ways to tell pack content would be useful if there was more to buy and/or I had less money available.
    WalMart had 14 left - 3 Penguin Boy, 2 Arabian Knight, 2 Spy, 2 Kickboxer, Hiker, Spooky Boy, Wildlife Photographer, Ice Queen, Dog Show Winner

Target was back to CMFs on an endcap rack. There was 1 Disney bag left and about 30 S16. I had enough on my redcard debit card for 9. I got 4 Banana Guy, 2 Mariachi, 1 Penguin Boy and 2 Arabian Knight (was hoping those packs were Babysitter)

No Babysitter, Cyborg, Rogue or Bald Pirate.

Sometimes it's hard to tell where the bumps are and sometimes the pattern is similar to another, but I'm still making progress with that. I would like all of them.

Babysitter is highest in value, but I otherwise did good there. I got the Mariachi, Hiker and Dog Show Winner I wanted personally, would like at least 1 more Hiker.
    Fauch said:
    you can pick up video games boxes freely over here, but they are empty. the seller keeps the discs and manuals behind his counter.
    At least for movies and music: I often see that at libraries, but not at retail; the library I work at has locking cases with RFID tags instead.

-

The WM near me big sets wrapped in alarm string, sometimes locked to the shelf. It can be a pain to find and wait for an associate who can unlock them. The CMF bags were loose. Price scanner said they had 30 in stock, but I saw 14. The boys' aisle has a camera screen, the girls' aisle is in a more open area.

I sometimes leave a part in a bag, or spill one - but for regular sets, not CMFs (yet, I think)

• siiilenttbobsiiilenttbob California USAMember Posts: 4
    Pre-ordered a full set on eBay using coupon code CPREP4SCHOOL16 for $15 off $75 or more. Got them for $65 shipped, which works out to about $4 each. Good enough for me, especially since I'm terrible at feeling the bags
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    First sighting of Series 16 in Scotland - 

Smyths at Glasgow Fort

@William_Townsley
    catwranglerbandit778William_Townsleykiki180703
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    @thebeermonkey  This makes me imagine a little army of minifigs marching north. :D I hope some of them got over this way; feels like we've been waiting forever! I suppose that'll teach me to look at leaked photos long before release dates!
    thebeermonkeykiki180703
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    @catwrangler

They have made it safely over Hadrian's Wall. Marching on together led by the hiker minifig. The weather up here suits the Penguins too. Loads of single mums and those who like to box up here :-)

catwranglerbandit778Bricklover18snowhitiekiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,220
    CMF bliss... I wish all Targets were like this:

LEGO_Dad77Bricklover18CM4SsnowhitieMooreFXkiki180703stluxcatwranglergmonkey76
    I'm captivated by whatever creature that is in the lower left corner. It's terrifying, but I can't look away.
    SumoLegokiki180703stluxcatwranglerjosekalel
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    SumoLego said:
    CMF bliss... I wish all Targets were like this:

That's a beautiful sight, unseen in my area due to the obscene amount of series 14. 
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 321
    Maybe we could send it to Target, and ask them to make it part of the floor plan for all stores.
    SumoLegoKingAlanIkiki180703
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Thanks @thebeermonkey I personally don't fancy a trip to Glasgow. But I'm glad that there starting to be spotted over here. My best bet will be WH Smith next week. It's a shame Perth doesn't have a toy store 
    I'm captivated by whatever creature that is in the lower left corner. It's terrifying, but I can't look away.
    I see what you mean!  I think it's a blue talking lemur.
    The Target closest to my house is still over-run with S14.  Joy.
    Bricklover18
    The bump codes I have - http://www.mediafire.com/view/22d260k3nz92451/

Target did also have Disney left. However, security hassled me about sitting down in the aisle to feel and weigh the packets. I stood by a price scanner to check S16 packs and that hadn't been a problem. I had found 2 Stitch, but decided to get something else. The sale on plastic tubs (which I'm using for BL inventory) ended that day but hopefully I can go back for the CMFs.
    snowhitieMooreFXLEGO_Dad77catwranglerjosekalel