Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What series do you wish Lego had?

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    ryjay said:
    I'd be buying Snoopy and Peanuts!
    Yeah. I meant to type Peanuts but Snoopy is more identifiable. lol
    VBaskin2008
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Are there enough characters in Peanuts to warrant a CMF line, too?
    VBaskin2008
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 483
    I really wish they would make a few Wizard of Oz sets. So much potential with a theme like this. Munchkin village, emerald city, haunted forest, yellow brick road. They have the wicked witch in the dimensions packs.
    catwranglerLostInTranslationVBaskin2008Salamalex
  • ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
    I would absolutely love a Lego Star Trek theme. That would absolutely make my day. Granted, the old series is too old now for an actual theme, and I would not want sets of the movie reboots, but hey, a fan can dream, right?

Get a set of the NCC-1701 Enterprise with the whole original crew. Make it UCS to do it justice. And maybe smaller sets of some memorable episodes - Kirk v the Gorn, the library from "All Our Yesterdays," maybe even some Lego tribbles for the heck of it!

I would absolutely love some sets from The Next Generation, and I would love a Borg Cube.

Even some Star Trek: Enterprise sets would be fun. Technically if a UCS NX-01 Enterprise were to break apart, it would be entirely accurate to every episode of that series ever. :P
    mldj77VBaskin2008
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,216
    UCS USS 1701 Enterprise is a mouthful!
    ChrisJThunderVBaskin2008
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,133
     A Klingon Bird of Pray should be quite easy as well, they got most of the lines right when they made this....

catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • calumheathcalumheath Member Posts: 24
    Back in the day I thought Rugrats and Sonic the Hedgehog would be good - for the minifigures more than anything else; this was in the mid '90s before even the first licensed sets were around. 

Futurama
    Looney Tunes
    Game of Thrones
    The Walking Dead

And even more of a stretch:
    Mad Max Universe
    Predator / Aliens Theme
    RoboCop vs The Terminator
    VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    ^I think a Looney Tunes CMF line would be great.   I could also recommend an old-school Hanna Barbera cartoon line, with the Pink Panther, Underdog, Grape Ape, etc. 

I've said it before, I would throw my money immediately at Lego if they only would do a Planet Express Futurama Spaceship model.  Have it come with Layla, Fry, the Professor, Bender, Zoidberg, Amy, and Hermes. 

If they do a Ducktales line, please please please just put a Darkwing Duck minifig in there.  My life will be complete.
    brumeyVBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
  • calumheathcalumheath Member Posts: 24
    ^I think a Looney Tunes CMF line would be great.   I could also recommend an old-school Hanna Barbera cartoon line, with the Pink Panther, Underdog, Grape Ape, etc. 

I've said it before, I would throw my money immediately at Lego if they only would do a Planet Express Futurama Spaceship model.  Have it come with Layla, Fry, the Professor, Bender, Zoidberg, Amy, and Hermes. 

If they do a Ducktales line, please please please just put a Darkwing Duck minifig in there.  My life will be complete.

Agreed.

Planet Express with Minfigures (like the Simpsons house / Kwik E Mart) would be really great.

A Looney tunes Minifigure theme would be great.

A Hannah Barbera universe theme would also be great.
    GoldchainsVBaskin2008
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 491
    American Dad.
    GoldchainsVBaskin2008
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited June 2016
    Naruto 

I really like the Fox with 9 tails and Pervy sage's colossal frog who gets grumpy when summoned.
    VBaskin2008
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    I think there's a lot of anime with good set potential, but too much of it is relatively unknown by the general public so very unlikely unless something reaches Pokemon like popularity again.
    i know that back when anime was a big deal Lego did Exo-Force, but it felt almost like a parody of a genuine anime theme.
    I think a Ghibli or Shonen Jump mini figure series could be great for anime fans, but I suspect that Shonen Jump would be riddled with the licensing issues that prevented Jump Super Stars being released outside of Japan.
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    FATE STAY NIGHT - UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS

VBaskin2008
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 278
    Futurama is a huge yes but can't see it happening.
    Not really sure about how big Peanuts/Snoopy is outside of the US. 30 years of growing up in the UK I knew of it but had never seen a single cartoon or heard anyone talk about it but that might have changed since the film came out.
    Can't see much else mentioned getting made outside of a Dimensions pack or a one off Flintstones set unless a He-man or Thundercats reboot happens.
    VBaskin2008
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    I'm sure peanuts would have at least as many buyers as the German soccer team.
    mustang69andheSumoLegoVBaskin2008
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,877
    I ought to point out that Cra-Z-Art's Lite Brix brand secured the Peanuts Movie license last year. That said, there have been MANY licenses that were held by clone brands before LEGO acquired them, including Pirates of the Caribbean, Doctor Who, The Lord of the Rings, Scooby-Doo, Marvel Super Heroes, Angry Birds, Disney Princess, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    catwrangler77ncaachampsVBaskin2008
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    edited June 2016
    I think  a He-Man line of sets would be a big seller for anyone who grew up in the 80s or 90s but not really for kids nowadays. I feel like Snoopy/Peanuts would require custom molds for the heads of the kids and of course Snoopy.
    VBaskin2008
    I think  a He-Man line of sets would be a big seller for anyone who grew up in the 80s or 90s but not really for kids nowadays. I feel like Snoopy/Peanuts would require custom molds for the heads of the kids and of course Snoopy.
    The real obstacle standing in the way of LEGO getting a He-Man license isn't a lack of popularity, but that it's 100% owned by Mattel. Mega Bloks currently has He-Man and Skeletor sets as part of their "Kubros" line of brick-built figurines.
    VBaskin2008SumoLego
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    As a kid in the '80s I wished more than anything that LEGO would make Star Wars sets. Fast-forward 30 years and I now wish for nothing :-)
    VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77Galactus
    @xwingpilot except cheaper Star Wars sets.
    VBaskin2008
  • ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
    As a kid in the '80s I wished more than anything that LEGO would make Star Wars sets. Fast-forward 30 years and I now wish for nothing :-)
    Yeah, glad you didn't waste a wish on Nadakhan for that one! :P 
    VBaskin2008
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    Personally a full on Adventure Time theme would be wonderful and creative! 

Alternatively I could list a number of Anime but I shant bore you.

And if we're talking specifics The original 2 KOTOR games I need in my life.
    VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
  • yg77yg77 Member Posts: 32
    pokemon
    teen titans go
    mario
    zelda
    VBaskin2008
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    Mission impossible is coming dimensions now i can cross it off the list
    VBaskin2008
    I was thinking about the anime possibilities earlier and it occurred to me that Dimensions could give an outside chance at getting some.
    e.g

Howls Moving Castle Fun Pack
    Either Howl or Sophie figure with Mini Castle

DBZ Story Pack
    Goku Figure with nimbus cloud and saiyin space pod

One Piece Team Pack
    Luffy and Zorro Minifigures with Going Merry/Thousand Sunny and Log Pose builds.

Given the crossover between anime fans and gamers I think Dimensions would be the most viable path for anime sets. Don't for a second actually think it'll happen, but could be cool.

VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,988
    It would probably never get made into a Lego set, but does The Wind in the Willows have much of a following outside of the UK.

Winnie the Pooh might also be good as minifigs (if not in Disney CMF). Just like Mickey and co have moved from Duplo to regular minifigs, Pooh would be popular with younger kids too.
    VBaskin2008
    I could definitely see Pooh being in a series 2 Disney CMF, popular character that often features heavily in merchandise options. It would of course mean people buying bags of Pooh (sorry too easy regardless of how immature)

bandit778LostInTranslationcatwranglerVBaskin2008tallblocktoo
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457

Howls Moving Castle Fun Pack
    Either Howl or Sophie figure with Mini Castle

Yes...Yes please
    VBaskin2008
  • Bluepilgrim3Bluepilgrim3 N.H.Member Posts: 15
    The Prisoner. I keep thinking of it every time I see a reference to The Village set from Minecraft. It wouldn't have to be big...it could be a one off like the Dr Who Tardis set. I just want my Patrick McGoohan No. 6 minifig. And Lego Rover.
    VBaskin2008
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 278
     ^ He is not a number, he is a free fig!
    MattDawsonTheOriginalSimonBandhecatwranglerVBaskin2008Tufted_duck
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,516
    ^^And if they can do us a Lotus badge and KAR120C licence plates for the Caterham Ideas set even better.
    VBaskin2008kiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,988
    legobod said:
     ^ He is not a number, he is a free fig!
    More like $10. Although I'll probably get told that should be going on the investment thread.
    bandit778pharmjodVBaskin2008kiki180703SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,139
    (And only the investment thread.)
    VBaskin2008kiki180703
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Ghibli is about the only licensed property I could really get excited about. Howl's Moving Castle wouldn't be my first pick but if they did Totoro or Spirited Away, I would buy it up.
    VBaskin2008kiki180703LEGO_Dad77
    I'm more of a Kiki's Delivery Service fan, but used Howl's Moving Castle as the example because it's more popular. Spirited Away could easily make a Dimensions Story Pack

Sen/Chihiro Minifigure with Haku and Faceless builds.
    VBaskin2008
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    POM POKO
    ricecakeVBaskin2008
  • the_orange_cheetah_the_orange_cheetah_ DublinMember Posts: 3
    Young justice and original teen titans

wardmVBaskin2008
  • peted76peted76 UKMember Posts: 11
    He-Man would be awesome, I see so many minifigs.. shame it's no longer a decent kids franchise. 
    VBaskin2008
  • peted76peted76 UKMember Posts: 11
    Topographic maps...  fit them together to make the a world map.. I'd like a 8' x 4' lego map on my wall.

TheOriginalSimonBbrumeykiki180703GoldchainsVBaskin2008
  • LiliAndDaddyLiliAndDaddy Central EuropeMember Posts: 5
    A modernised version of the traffic sign set

Actually is there an official channel with Lego or a way to petition them to say what customers want?
    MattDawsonVBaskin2008Galactus
  • DontcopythatfloppyDontcopythatfloppy 'MuricaMember Posts: 43
    I personally think that the Borderlands series would be amazing, but it obviously will never happen.
    VBaskin2008
    Three words: Lego Stranger Things.   *Mic drop*.
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • yg77yg77 Member Posts: 32
    Nintendo CMF would be great, along with some modular side-scrolling platform type sets for each theme, to connect the "worlds".  This could work really well for mario, donkey kong, sonic, ect
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • empireempire BC, CanadaMember Posts: 43
    Mad Max would be cool. They could give you the figures and ideas for vehicles that you design yourself.
    VBaskin2008
    Three words: Lego Stranger Things.   *Mic drop*.
    I often feel like I'm the only person who doesn't get the hype over Stranger Things. Don't get me wrong it was OK as TVs series go, but for the most part it was pretty formulaic and predictable.
    Plus the end of the series (essentially a massively obvious set up for series 2) completely killed it for me. I'd have preferred any subsequent series to be individual stories set within the same world rather than forcing more weird crap onto the same characters.

VBaskin2008Furrysaurus
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    @shib....don't worry, not only do I not get the hype,  either....I don't even know what it is.
    SumoLegoVBaskin2008
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    First time seeing this thread; almost jump right into my suggestions, but thought better of it and read through every post first. :D Pleasantly surprised to find others desiring the same themes, and a couple revisits that I believe would de very well.

New Licenses:

• The Flintstones: Classic toons + Stone Age sub-theme + Dinosaurs + fantasy clunky vehicles/structures! For the win.

• Masters of the Universe: Classic toons + Castle/Space sub-themes + fantasy beasts/vehicles/locales! Again, WIN.

and my favorite that I can't beLIEVE hasn't been suggested yet...

• Dragon Ball/ Dragon Ball Z: Classic anime + oriental/space/magic sub-themes + fantasy beasts/vehicles/structures (Capsule Corp!) BIG WIN!

Revisits:

• Castle: Obvious. ;) Maybe less would be more? Just a few sets littered across every year, plenty of new minifigs to bait those collectors (haha!), plus original vehicles to clinch the sale, but mostly awesome castles, forts, caves, and other battle scenes for all us Classic Castle fans. :) :) :)

• Harry Potter: Cuz I missed it! XD Plenty of sub-themes, just as it was before. I wish I hadn't strayed from LEGO for so long.

• Western & Pirates: I know the last Pirates line didn't do well or wasn't received well, but as I said above, I missed the last several+ years, so it was refreshing for me and brought back lolots of great memories, so I've gotten them all and displayed them proudly. Western stuff is killer, just look at The Lone Ranger, nuff said.

• Miyazaki/Ghibli: I WANT IT ALL. :D
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • Scott1Scott1 United StatesMember Posts: 48

I would really like a proper City Hospital theme. The last time we had a whole theme of Hospital was 2006, and the last time we had a (good) big Hospital set was 1987.

I don't think many people will agree with me on this but I really want to see a Modern Military theme, possibly integrated with City. We had Indiana Jones and The Lone Ranger, which had World War Two/Civil War soldiers, so why not modern military? There is a website called Brickmania that has Lego tanks, armored vehicles, etc. but the prices are absolutely absurd ($220 or £170 for a 536 piece T-55, $550 or £420 for a Warthog plane)

A Percy Jackson series would be interesting too. I think Lego could make two waves of sets just from the first book alone.

LEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
    Scott1 said:

I don't think many people will agree with me on this but I really want to see a Modern Military theme, possibly integrated with City. We had Indiana Jones and The Lone Ranger, which had World War Two/Civil War soldiers, so why not modern military? There is a website called Brickmania that has Lego tanks, armored vehicles, etc. but the prices are absolutely absurd ($220 or £170 for a 536 piece T-55, $550 or £420 for a Warthog plane)
    The LEGO Group has made their anti-warfare policy pretty clear: warfare in fantasy or historical contexts is acceptable, but not real-world modern warfare.

Even if they did back down from that policy, I see no way they'd integrate military sets with the City theme specifically. LEGO City is carefully engineered to be a non-threatening version of the real world for five and six year olds. Crimes in LEGO City are never violent, fires never happen in populated buildings, and injuries are never gruesome. Even the video game LEGO City Undercover for Wii U was decidedly different from other LEGO video games in that you defeat enemies by handcuffing them, not by knocking them to pieces (the non-violence of that game is particularly striking when you realize that gameplay-wise, it's basically LEGO Grand Theft Auto). Overall, I do not see the LEGO Group jeopardizing LEGO City's squeaky-clean image by introducing military subthemes.
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Except for #4953 Fast Flyer (F-14 Tomcat), #5892 Sonic Boom (French Rafale) and my personal favorite #31039 Blue Power Jet (F-35 Lightening II).
    VBaskin2008