Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Dimensions

Comments

• Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    E.T. can use Telekinesis. I'm sure there is something they can come up with that....
    bobabricks
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 311
    Sonic trailer? Sure, why not:

ShibMattDawson
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,377
    Wait just a second...that Doctor Who scene seems odd...that is not game play (I don't think). The Doctor reacts to Sonic and Also Peter Capaldi's Doctor is in the wrong Tardis. Doesn't look like a cut scene per se either.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,319
    @dannyrww - you can change the TARDIS and Doctor to whichever ones you prefer once you've completed the story pack level. Im pretty sure the reaction was judt idle animation, i think it is just game play.
    I thought the Tardis went with whichever Doctor you had...oh well
    Nope, you can choose both seperately 
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    dannyrww said:
    I thought the Tardis went with whichever Doctor you had...oh well
    If you change in the Tardis it stay the same 
    dannyrww
    Well now it does not matter as I accidentally saved over all my game progress...not sure I want to start all the way from the beginning. :(
  • pasat14pasat14 AustraliaMember Posts: 44
    Is there any way to delete a saved game? I have 2, one I thought I stuffed up when I first started playing so I started over on Slot 2 but now want to delete Slot 1...
    Sucks the Matrix is rated R. I'd take Neo over all these other franchises anyday.  
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    The new ghostbusters story pack is £32 in Argos. CAT NO 580/1297
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    Supergirl as a PS4 exclusive in a new starter pack. What an absolute abomination of a decision - way to treat everyone who has been playing the game for over a year and doesn't need to buy a new starter pack. And it seems she has unique abilities. Very disappointing. 
    Captain_Cravatjhuntin1
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    Supergirl as a PS4 exclusive in a new starter pack. What an absolute abomination of a decision - way to treat everyone who has been playing the game for over a year and doesn't need to buy a new starter pack. And it seems she has unique abilities. Very disappointing. 
    In the trailer, it say that she will be exclusive to the pack for a limited time (end of March 2017, if I recall correctly), so she may be exclusive for a limited time.

This also coincides with the rumored release schedule for Nintendo's new console, but that is quite beside the point.

Super Girl and Green Arrow are such a disappointment to collectors who have little access to getting them (which is a majority of players).

What's worse is that there are rumors that Lord Vortech will be another of these sorts of promos, which would be, by far, the biggest disappointment when it comes to availability.
  • WallaceWallace Member Posts: 134
    I'm so annoyed at this decision for Supergirl to be what looks like a PS4 starter pack exclusive, I've just managed to get Green Arrow for what I consider to be a very decent price (£25) and I can see the price for Supergirl being very silly. Here's to hoping she'll be available through other means in the future. 
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    If Supergirl is a PS4 exclusive, will it even be possible to use the figurine with other systems? ie, will they bother putting the Supergirl character/missions into the software of the Xbox, Wii, etc versions?
    They've mentioned on Twitter that Xbox users will be able to access Supergirl with Hire a Hero so you'd imagine that the tag will be readable across all formats.

It's being widely speculated that this is a limited time exclusivity and that there might be another way to get her in the future.

Normally I don't mind stuff like this, but the USP for Dimensions has been about any character in any vehicle in any world, as soon as you add any sort of exclusive characters etc it goes against that ideology.
    plasmodium
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 542
    they've said that from march when the exclusivity wears off, supergirl will be available through hire-a-hero, but they've made no mention about the actual figure being available.
  • juernjuern GermanyMember Posts: 2
    Is there already any info on what abilities we will get with the next wave in September? 
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    juern said:
    Is there already any info on what abilities we will get with the next wave in September? 
    I don't think it's fully known (could be wrong), but snippets of info are starting to emerge. Interestingly, it appears as though some of the new season sets will have some previously unique abilities - for example, there is gameplay footage floating of Jake from Adventure Time using gyrosphere, previously unique to the Jurassic World pack. 
    edited August 2016
    Do you mean using a sphere skill or using the existing gyrosphere vehicle ? - one is far more impressive than the other.
  • Captain_CravatCaptain_Cravat Sussex, UKMember Posts: 9
    Shib said:
    Do you mean using a sphere skill or using the existing gyrosphere vehicle ? - one is far more impressive than the other.

Jake turns into a sphere and uses the gyrosphere switch. Looks like he can turn into a drill as well.

It's shown in the IGN Gamescon footage along with the rather impressive Harry Potter adventure world.
    dannyrww
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 481
    I just anxiously await Star Wars fun packs. $3 Star Wars fun packs (just like the sale Doc Brown is on right now) would be a dream come true!!! =0
    77ncaachamps
  • juernjuern GermanyMember Posts: 2
    Jake turns into a sphere and uses the gyrosphere switch. Looks like he can turn into a drill as well.
    I thought that to be really cool to use Jake as a sphere instead of a vehicle. So far the Adventure Time pack is the best of wave 6 in my eyes.

Such things like with the sphere open up new possible teams to achieve 100% in the game. Usually, I want to play only with a few characters I select on my liking rather on the needed skill. I wrote me a small tool to help me with that. I think it is useful not only to me.
    http://dimensions-builder.com/team-builder
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,906
    If they do Bill & Ted, I'd like a Death minifigure with a Battleship gameboard fun pack....
    Melvin...

bandit778VorpalRyu
    Surprised lady raincorn or princess bubblegum missed the cut but lumpy space princess did not. My daughter and I watched the first couple of episodes on Hulu last night. It's alright, I prefer Adventures of Gumball.
    Dontcopythatfloppy
  • GreendudeGreendude Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2016
    Are these counterfeit Lego Dimensions?  Listing says they unlock the characters but the minifigs are clones and bases are compatible?  Would they really have spare genuine Supergirl bases?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Dimensions-Supergirl-and-Green-Arrow-compatible-base-and-minifigures-/331962707086?hash=item4d4a84ec8e:g:N7cAAOSwARZXlJAA
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,012
    Greendude said:
    Are these counterfeit Lego Dimensions?  Listing says they unlock the characters but the minifigs are clones and bases are compatible?  Would they really have spare genuine Supergirl bases?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-Dimensions-Supergirl-and-Green-Arrow-compatible-base-and-minifigures-/331962707086?hash=item4d4a84ec8e:g:N7cAAOSwARZXlJAA
    not genuine.
    but cloned units. using genuine Mini build bases.
    point of interest no ware in that post dose it's a genuine unit.
    just said compatible, bet it all real lego Parts. but i bet the Bases have been hacked.
    Just seen this

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/09/19/lego-batman-movie-knight-rider-dimensions-packs-revealed-news/

Can't help but think that the knight rider one looks more like a top gear pack for some reason 
  • PatsyWalkerPatsyWalker TorontoMember Posts: 83
    I need that Batgirl and Robin pack. Stat.
    I'm surprisingly pleased with the Batman one, I guess they went with a very different Batsuit to make it more worthwhile seeing as regular Batman came with the Starter pack
  • PatsyWalkerPatsyWalker TorontoMember Posts: 83
    Arguably the Starter was LEGO Batman from the games and films, while this version is LEGO Movie Batman.

Too many canons.
    I realise that, i meant that had hey done thebasic batsuit, even a LEGO Batman Movie one it wouldn't be much different to that in the starter, so the out there variant is a good choice for making it a distinctly different take on the character
    Aanchir
    Anyone played any of the year two stuff yet?

I've had a go with the new Ghostbusters Story Pack and I'm pleased with it so far. It's good that they've made it so in the levels you can switch between several characters on the one toy tag so it feels a little closer to a traditional LEGO game.

I was a little annoyed when I came across a point that required Mr T - only because his unique skill looks to be an A-Team themed version of The LEGO Movie characters Master Builder skill, why not just keep it the same skill (oh yeah to screw players out of more money!)
    It is a pretty cool master build clip though....Mr. T always builds in 80s montage sequence :D....Mission Impossible has been fun.
    Ah, I don't have the Mr T pack yet. Still disappointing when it's essentially just a reskin of an existing skill.

I do like the new world portals in the shard - the Sonic one is very clever and the Powerpuff girls one made me chuckle. 
    Just found out that Slimer, Peter, and Stay Puft can play the Ghostbuster story levels without buying the story pack. Doesn't look like you can do the free play world or the battle worlds though. I only went to the first part of the first level (as I though my daughters may want to play the levels). You can switch to Erin and Holtzman as well when in the world (not Abby though as you do not have the figure).
    Dontcopythatfloppy
    I suspect that's not meant to be the case, wouldn't be surprised if it gets fixed in a later update. 

I picked up the Mission Impossible level pack and Harry Potter team pack today. Pleased to find that I didn't need Mr T or Adventure Time to 100% the MI level. Also it has a fun little Shaun of the Dead Easter egg!
    Can't get far in Ghostbusters for what it is worth....you need Abby to get through the first level. And yep...I caught a Shawn of the Dead reference in the MI free play world.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,344
    dannyrww said:
    Can't get far in Ghostbusters for what it is worth....you need Abby to get through the first level. And yep...I caught a Shawn of the Dead reference in the MI free play world.
    ? The Story Pack? It comes with Abby..? 
    CM4S said:
    dannyrww said:
    ? The Story Pack? It comes with Abby..? 
    You can actually get into it with the older Ghostbuster characters.....but you can only play through the first room, because you need Abby to get through a door.
    Target cartwheel has 40% all Lego dimensions packs. Got the Ghostbuster story pack for $30 (and an extra 5% with Target Debit card). Not bad...wish my budget would let me get the two aAdventure time packs and I would be caught up.
    matticus_bricks
  • jhuntin1jhuntin1 Indiana, USAMember Posts: 46
    The MI level was an interesting take on the first Tom Cruise movie from 1996. I've only played through the first Ghostbusters level but I thought it was well designed. I have the Adventure Time level pack but haven't played through it yet. The biggest wish I had about the Series 2 sets that went unfulfilled was that I hoped the Ghostbusters story pack had a disc that would update the game. That 14GB patch plus another 6GB to update the other new sets was painful.
    Seems to me (in the U.K. at least) the year two Level and Team packs have been available at discounted prices more readily than year one stuff - I wonder if retailers have found that the RRP was set just a little too high from year one and accordingly not bothered waiting too long to discount them.

Sonic level pack has been available to preorder at £20 - I don't recall any of the previous stuff being discounted beyond a couple of £ for preorder.
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 160
    Five Below has a deal 2 for $5 good until 10/21

ClutchPowerjosekalelbobabrickskhmellymelkiki180703
    Five Below has a deal 2 for $5 good until 10/21

Wish they had some cybermen to add to my army.
  • ClutchPowerClutchPower Austin, TexasMember Posts: 220
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but are the Battle Arenas any good? It seems kinda cheesy in a way, but maybe a good addition for the game.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    I'm having an issue with the newbie Ghostbusters pack. After playing the first level, I'm just sent back to Vorton. If I go into the level select, it only shows the first level available even though it's completed. Also, whenever I use Abby, the instructions for the Ecto-1 pop up and it makes me rewrite the toy tag. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I have the issue with the instructions popping up when I play as Abby for the first time each session, but I just press B and they disappear.

have you tried going to the new Ghostbusters world. This pack works more like the other LEGO games where you have to follow the ghost studs to the next level.
    I'm having an issue with the newbie Ghostbusters pack. After playing the first level, I'm just sent back to Vorton. If I go into the level select, it only shows the first level available even though it's completed. Also, whenever I use Abby, the instructions for the Ecto-1 pop up and it makes me rewrite the toy tag. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I went into the freeplay world after that and had to follow a realtor around to see different buildings before they sold us the place above the Chinese restaurant. They then made us build the new portal. After that the story continues.