Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Misprint?

PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 312
The packaging on Olaf's Summertime Fun indicates that it includes a "small ball".  I don't think it is supposed to include a ball but my son read the packaging and was disappointed that there was no ball.  After watching GBC videos, he is excited whenever he gets a lego ball.

I just wanted to make sure that it is not supposed to include a ball.  Also, I am curious, how many people would attempt to get a ball due to the misleading packaging?  I have asked for replacement parts for broken pieces but this is different.  I personally feel a bit uncomfortable especially since the picture does not show a ball and this was a free set (mind you I did purchase a princess set that I would not have otherwise purchased, just so I could get this set).

olaf.png 813.8K

Comments

• mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 345
    Most likely the warning box just has standard text that can  be used on multiple packages. This way they dont have to spend the money on making unique phrases for each one.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    the "and a small ball" is fairly specific language, indicating a single small ball, which would also be considered a small part... why they felt the need to differentiate that and singularize it is unknown.

best guess is that the set originally was going to have a beach ball included, but that got knocked out and the safety note was not revised on the packaging.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    The "small ball" may be referring to Olaf's head.
    madforLEGOAanchir
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,708
    Small ball is on all LEGO packaging now, I believe. I think it is due to the 1x1 round plates.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Isn't this US-specific?

I'd guess that some time ago it was deemed to be necessary to fit in with some regulation or other, on a set with a ball, and it's been cut and pasted ever since without anybody ever reading it again or because it's produced in a country (presumably Mexico) where the local knowledge of English isn't enough for anybody who notices to question it.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    The Captain America poly I picked up yesterday makes no mention of a ball in its chocking warning. 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I say you file a lawsuit immediately.

Btw, boo on single-word thread titles.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,428
    Btw, boo on single-word thread titles.
    Ooh, that sounds like a challenge! :-)
    LEGO_Dad77