Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mini Modular: would it look good being a part of a city layout

CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
edited January 2012 in Collecting
As I am a big fan of the City theme, and I have 2 Modular buildings mainly GE and FB and soon will get PS, I was wondering would it look good to add the mini modular set in a city layout with other buildings and houses?

Comments

• The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    edited January 2012
    I am a City fan too, but I doubt it will look good unless your City is micro-scale too. It will look too out of place. The real modulars are just spectacular and I don't see the point of having the minis, while you could have the real thing.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Nope. Personally I dont see the point of this set unless you like micro building.
    I can imagine it might go with
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=5526-1
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Its not a bad looking set, but at $90 no thank you.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,733
    If you're asking whether the mini modulars will look good in a city layout with other micro scale buildings then I don't see why not. If however you're asking whether the mini modulars will look good in a city layout with standard minifig scale buildings and full size modulars then you might want to exercise some common sense before starting a new thread with such a question.....!
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    @Coolsplash, the Mini Modulars are very small. I just wrote a post about them, and about half-way down you will see a video with the Mini Modulars next to the regular Modular sets. See here: http://thebrickblogger.com/2012/01/mini-lego-modular/

I do see some uses for the Mini Modulars in a regular City setting. For example they would be excellent for a forced-perspective set-up, or as playhouses for minifig children, or as set-ups in a minifig theme-park. I'm sure there would be other uses as well. Your imagination is the only limit...(c;
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,733
    ^ Yeah - maybe they'd work if you're including LEGOLAND in your City layout....

:-)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    actually they might look OK next to some of the architecture sets perhaps.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    @Si that I do agree with as well. As the architecture sets are all micro scale.
    Its just I have a great idea to create a scene from movie and in that micro scale buildings would look good.

As for the price, yep it is expensive on a price per piece factor and I would consider twice before buying this. But you never know.

@akunthita, thanks for the link and now I have a clearer picture of how this Mini Modular would look in front of the Modular buildings.

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited January 2012
    ^ Given the right camera shot you might be able to pull off having the mini modulars alongside their larger cousins, giving the illusion of perspective/depth.

Edit: Doh! Just saw @akunthita said the same thing.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    @sidersdd, thanks for the advice and you got what I was thinking :)
  • canuhandle23canuhandle23 Member Posts: 104
    i have a feeling these sets will bomb.. I dont see the appeal for 90 dollars..