Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Any Bricksetters going to Bricks by the Bay?

MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 68
Following SprinkleOtter's lead (but with a different event), I'm attending Bricks by the Bay next week for the first time as a registered attendee.  I'll be there Thursday, Friday and likely some of Saturday.  I'd love to meet other Bricksetters if any of you are attending!
SprinkleOtter77ncaachamps

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    I'll be there. I'm one of the organizers. :)
    77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    You'll enjoy it. Good times. Bring money for the loose Lego and hope you can stay late!
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    Went last year...had a good time, but won't be returning this year.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    ryjay said:
    Went last year...had a good time, but won't be returning this year.
    What did you like? Dislike?
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    edited August 2016
    I liked the exhibit hall.  I remember one exhibitor had a star trek transporter effect going on in his display...pretty cool how he made the mini figures "energize".   But if I remember right, the voting boxes were not out early so you couldn't  place your vote for best exhibit early on.

A funny story, I do some close up magic ...so when I went in as an vip, the girl gave me my 1-sided printed brick, but I showed her it was totally unprinted, she gave me another...and again, I showed her an unprinted brick on both sides.  The girl was looking at it, and looking at it, then finally gave me a third one.  I then showed her that that one now had printing on both sides, so I gave it back to her...she was still looking at it as I walked in...even the security guard at the front was trying to figure out what just happened.
    ricecakebendybadgercatwrangler
  • MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 68
    @Russell844 - excellent, I will see you there!  I'm guessing I'll be the only MeganL there with a Brickset brick. :-)
    77ncaachamps