Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Any Bricksetters going to Bricks by the Bay?

MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 73
Following SprinkleOtter's lead (but with a different event), I'm attending Bricks by the Bay next week for the first time as a registered attendee.  I'll be there Thursday, Friday and likely some of Saturday.  I'd love to meet other Bricksetters if any of you are attending!
SprinkleOtter77ncaachamps

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,835
    I'll be there. I'm one of the organizers. :)
    77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    You'll enjoy it. Good times. Bring money for the loose Lego and hope you can stay late!
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    Went last year...had a good time, but won't be returning this year.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    ryjay said:
    Went last year...had a good time, but won't be returning this year.
    What did you like? Dislike?
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    edited August 2016
    I liked the exhibit hall.  I remember one exhibitor had a star trek transporter effect going on in his display...pretty cool how he made the mini figures "energize".   But if I remember right, the voting boxes were not out early so you couldn't  place your vote for best exhibit early on.

A funny story, I do some close up magic ...so when I went in as an vip, the girl gave me my 1-sided printed brick, but I showed her it was totally unprinted, she gave me another...and again, I showed her an unprinted brick on both sides.  The girl was looking at it, and looking at it, then finally gave me a third one.  I then showed her that that one now had printing on both sides, so I gave it back to her...she was still looking at it as I walked in...even the security guard at the front was trying to figure out what just happened.
    ricecakebendybadgercatwrangler
  • MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 73
    @Russell844 - excellent, I will see you there!  I'm guessing I'll be the only MeganL there with a Brickset brick. :-)
    77ncaachamps