Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

* * * £10,289 RAISED * * * 100KM WALK IN AID OF THAMES HOSPICE * * *

Comments

• brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 453
    Ok quick look in the lego loft and i would like to add a sealed martian manhunter poly 5002126. Just as an aside i won't be able to ship prizes straight after the raffle as i will be on holiday but will do so as soon as i return to blighty.
    bandit778Lego_StarLegoboystluxBrickaholickiki180703legomattBrickDancernychromastone
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited July 2016
    ^ Double dipping? My octo-dipping reputation from another raffle is safe then? ;o) They weren't all for me though. I was inspired to buy tickets for others.

Nice one @brickedin perhaps I might have a challenger? ;o) Technically I think @bendybadger has already surpassed octo-dipping though with his awesome LEGO games marketplace thread, and his prizes of ten raffle tickets in this and last week's bendybadger bonus ball draws. :o)
    bandit778Legoboysnowhitiestluxkiki180703
    Oops ^ crossed message. I wonder how many "refresh" keys or parts of screen will be worn out next week? :o)
  • RegReg AucklandMember Posts: 4
    All the best with this fundraiser
    Lego_StarLegoboybandit778kiki180703legomatt
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,039

have your got some crisp white gloves for next weeks draw? 

Yes he does. I believe they are normally reserved for handling MISB sets so as not to mark them :-o
    stluxLego_StarLegoboybandit778kiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    edited August 2016
    ^ Fortunately I'm only handling a couple of prizes, but yes, I do have a collection of white gloves for when handling and reading my books.  [cough]

With any luck most will now have received your ticket numbers.  A few pledges received didn't have a Brickset FORUM ID in the comments box however so I have emailed each of you seperately requesting it.

Please can you get back to me ASAP? 
    Lego_StarGothamConstructionCobandit778stluxkiki180703SirBen
    I am adding 2 mystery prizes to the draw too.  We all love a bit of suspense and I still have no idea what the prizes might even be? Might be Lepin, Lego or maybe a Mars bar.  I have no idea yet but will aim to do a bit of shopping in Paris before I head back home tomorrow. 

I think Double Deckers are traditional in these parts.   :)
    adiemcLego_Starbandit778kiki180703
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 487
    A few more tickets? Oh go on then! 
    Lego_StarLegoboybandit778stluxkiki180703legomatt
    edited July 2016
    ^^ Don't forget Wispa's and tea. ;o)

Ooooooooooooooooooh mystery boxes? Is anyone brave enough? :D
    (I really liked mine.)
    Legoboybandit778kiki180703
    Not much you can do about the injuries you sustained already. But you can look after yourself as well as possible now to avoid any other unnecessary issues. As a former soldier who marched long distances with heavy loads, I can say with some authority that the trick is to have comfortable, worn-in boots, dry socks, foot powder to keep them dry and tape for the bits that you know always rub and give you issues. Some blokes swore by two pairs of socks, but I never did that. Look after your feet and they will look after you!
    Now that I'm wearing a 'fingered' liner under my thick wooly socks, there is not so much as a red mark on my feet or between my toes.  They don't even get damp.  They could walk 1000 miles and get blistered.

My latest complaints are Plantar fasciitis and Runner's Knee.  I'm doing a ton of exercises to strengthen, stretch and support the troubled areas but hoping the doctor can wave a magic wand on Tuesday or sell me a ridiculously expensive splint or exercise ball or something in lieu of muscle. 
    bandit778
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 731
    Thank you @Legoboy. Ticket numbers received.

Lego_StarLegoboybandit778kiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Amazing cause. Perfect microcosm of what this community is capable of. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,177
    edited July 2016
    @Legoboy - Make sure you have the squishy inserts in your walking shoes.  I managed to inflict myself with plantar faciitis last summer after walking 13 miles in one afternoon.  

The shoe inserts got rid of the problem only a few days later.  (And lots of ice and ibuprofen .)  But the inserts made all of the difference in the world.  (I still wear them.)

And I got my raffle numbers.  I am very much looking forward to see who wins what!
    Lego_Starbandit778Legoboykiki180703
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,516
    edited July 2016
    Eventually restocked my bricklink store with sets and minifigs last night after almost a month of being empty, oops.

Made a sale this morning so i can buy some tickets :).
    SumoLego said:
    @Legoboy - Make sure you have the squishy inserts in your walking shoes.  I managed to inflict myself with plantar faciitis last summer after walking 13 miles in one afternoon.  

The shoe inserts got rid of the problem only a few days later.  (And lots of ice and ibuprofen .)  But the inserts made all of the difference in the world.  (I still wear them.)

And I got my raffle numbers.  I am very much looking forward to see who wins what!
    I actually had a pair of inserts custom made a few years back for when I was having trouble preparing for the London Marathon with 8 weeks training.  It was because I was suffering I bought a pair of Superfeet on Friday, just hoping they would help.  I'm sure they might well have done with a healthy foot but Christ does it hurt right now.
    edited July 2016
    ^ Burnzie - because the colouring really pops or a commission of something Nexo Knights related would be my pick I think @TheOneVeyronian but I have more than one favourite character, mmmm decisions decisions! :o)
    bandit778kiki180703
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,525
    ^^CHOPPER!!!!!
    bandit778kiki180703
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Tickets! Glorious, glorious tickets! 

Also, more tickets brought. After all, the front page said 4th August closing date... :P
    LegoboyLego_Starstluxbandit778adiemckiki180703legomatt
    Just attempted to buy 10 more tickets to be informed you can't recieve Money? 
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Isn't there a receiving limit on PayPal? Maybe the account has surpassed that 
    edited August 2016
    Hi everybody.

Paypal have noticed some unusal activity on my account and as a result they have temporarily limited my account.  The level of information they require to lift the restriction is relatively simple but it is questionable if my account will be reinstated this upcoming week.

Please continue to make your donations using https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/James-Camplin send me a pm to notify me of your pledge and I will continue to issue you the tickets in the same way.

Thanks for your cooperation.  Business as usual.  :)
    MattDawsonLego_StarGothamConstructionCoDaraghbandit778catwrangler
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Yeah they've probably limited it due to the suspicious amount of small transactions. Or that the limit has been reached 
    SprinkleOtter
    edited July 2016
    Yeah they've probably limited it due to the suspicious amount of small transactions. Or that the limit has been reached 
    The limit was reached, restricted and lifted last week.  This is due to unusal activity.
    William_Townsley
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 318
    How can we participate in the raffle if we are outside the UK?
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 802
    Legogram said:
    How can we participate in the raffle if we are outside the UK?
    Earlier we were just sending money via Paypal. But now that his account is suspended you can do it via the link provided in the previous comment.
    Legoboykiki180703
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 318
    @jern92, the last line sounded like it is only eligible to UK citizens.  Sorry, I guess I misunderstood that part of his message.  Thanks for your help.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    @Jern92 the justgiving page can be accessed from all countries, there are different ways of paying as well.
    Legoboybandit778kiki180703
    @SprinkleOtter what the shipping like to ireland for a few minifigures and a couple of Parts? 
    snowhitie said:
    @Jern92 the justgiving page can be accessed from all countries, there are different ways of paying as well.

Exactly right @snowhitie, thanks.  :)  I have edited my comment above in hope it's a little clearer.

Thanks @sirrich69 for your donation received at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/James-Camplin

Plan B is working.  :)
    stluxbandit778Lego_StarGothamConstructionCoMattDawsonkiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,735
    @SprinkleOtter what the shipping like to ireland for a few minifigures and a couple of Parts? 
    Unfortunately, it looks like $13.5+
    Just out of curiosity, what do those in the UK have to pay to ship to the USA? I get the feeling that USPS is ripping us off...
    edited August 2016
    My Paypal account has been restored but they did warn it may 'trip' again if it receives a ton more transactions at the rate it was previously.

They instead urged me to not tempt fate and stick with using the JustGiving site whereby Paypal funds can continue to be used as well as credit/debit cards.

Just don't forget to PM me afterwards with details and try to avoid using the 'r' word.  :)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/James-Camplin

bandit778GothamConstructionCoMattDawsonstluxLego_Starcatwranglerkiki180703snowhitie
    Just out of curiosity, what do those in the UK have to pay to ship to the USA? I get the feeling that USPS is ripping us off...
    I can send you  up to 100g of minifigures or parts in an A5 padded envelope for 2.15 Euro
    I can send you  up to 100g of minifigures or parts in an A5 padded envelope for 2.15 Euro
    Yep. Definitely ripping us off...
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    But some of the countries in Europe charge VAT and other taxes on packages sent from other countries. 
    snowhitie
  • kizkizkizkiz londonMember Posts: 95
    USPS has pretty much made it pointless buying anything from America. It would need to be a massive bargain to be worth the postage 
    CommanderRaab
    edited August 2016
    WOW! Awesome montage @TheOneVeyronian

WOW! out to everybody that has donated prizes. Look at it! You folks did that! :o) And people are still adding to the prize list.

Can we get this fantastic prize pic of community generosity and awesome prize goodness onto the front page, please @Huw? Nobody is going to want to miss getting their raffle tickets by August 4th.
    bandit778LegoboySprinkleOtterstluxkiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,970
    edited August 2016
    @TheOneVeyronian
    That's a really good montage of the prizes - I have to take my hat off to you for the picture for the 100 likes from @SprinkleOtter  though, that was brilliant and genuinely made me laugh loud. 
    Lego_StarSprinkleOtterstluxcatwranglerCommanderRaab
    Alternately, if you know anyone in the USA that is already going to be shipping you something, or travels between the US and Europe, I could ship it to them for between $3-$5 (though usually more like $3)