Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

MOC help

pasat14pasat14 AustraliaMember Posts: 44
edited July 2016 in Everything else LEGO
Hey there. So I'm trying to build a school at the moment and not having much luck. I'd post photos but i got mad and ripped it all apart. I'm wanting my main colour as red but no matter what style i try i cant get away from the 80s look; and im not sure if its the colour or my lack of skills. I'm not trying to go modular, just something simple to fit in with the lego city sets.
Can anyone give me some tips? Its really erking me...
Cheers.

Comments

• natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    I'm curious why you're going with red for the main color?  When I think of schools, tan, or yellow, or white come to mind.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 781
    You need a starting point. Find a photo of a Moc you like, and go from there. What kind of roof style do you like? For me, everything revolves around window and door trim, and roof line. The other question would be how large and diverse is your piece collection? 
    LittleLori
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    I wonder if a more sophisticated arrangement of bricks would help you get away from the 80s look? Perhaps some greebling would help, or doing the corner bricks in a contrasting colour like on the Parisian Restaurant? Even if you're not trying to go modular in terms of scale, a little extra detail like that could be fun and help to update the look. If you're still not happy with your next go at it, take some pics anyway and it might give us more to go on...
    LittleLori
  • pasat14pasat14 AustraliaMember Posts: 44
    @natro220 my main choice for red is thats the colour i have most of at the moment. I do have enough yellow or white tho so maybe i need to get away from the red. Dont have a lot of the more uncommon colours.
    @flord not super diverse, when i buy bulk lots i always go for ones with older pieces (in a hope to find the old hidden treasures) so maybe thats something i need to work on.
    @catwrangler thanks for the tips, i will give it another go on the weekend and see what happens and post some pics.
    catwrangler
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 890
    edited July 2016
    It might not seem like a first choice for inspiration, but check out the Friends school sets #41005 and #41134 - not just for some ideas on filling the interiors but also some fairly simple but effective architecture that may be fitting for a school and should be available in red or similar colours.
    wardmLittleLori
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 786
    I wanted to say the same as @mr_benn ! Especially the newer one looks like a good representation of a school 
    Thanks guys ☺☺
    edited July 2016
    So here is stage one...any input thus far would be great...I've been trying to use the tips u all gave...