Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Any "exclusive" Stuff at the Brand Store in NYC?

DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
Hi everybody,
relatives of mine are going on a vacation to New York, does anybody know if there´s anything available in the Brand-Store (Manhattan?) that is exclusively only there available? I remember there were some Magnets/Key-Chains with "i love NY" Print?! Any help is appreciated :)

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Is the Statue of Liberty pick-a-model still on the wall? I'm not sure if it will be changed out like the others.
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 209
    I was there the weekend before last and they had the CMF Statue of Liberty magnet, the NY minifig magnet, the NY minifig keychain, and the taxi keychain. I didn't look at the PAB wall, but the build a minifig options were much better than what was available at the Rockefeller store. 
    Diggydoes
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    I was there the weekend before last and they had the CMF Statue of Liberty magnet, the NY minifig magnet, the NY minifig keychain, and the taxi keychain. I didn't look at the PAB wall, but the build a minifig options were much better than what was available at the Rockefeller store. 
    Sounds good so far :) Not sure if i would ask my relatives for a PaB Cup, since that would maybe overburden them (no AFOLs)! ;)
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 722
    When I was there in May, there was sand green parts on the PAB wall.  The Statue of Liberty and the NY boy magnets were $6 a piece. 
    Diggydoes
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,242
    Are these magnets glued?
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 209
    I got the Lady Liberty magnet but I haven't opened it. It's standing on a bracket, so it might be a bit easier to remove than other magnets even if it's glued. I didn't get the NY boy magnet or keychain, I thought it was a better deal to just get three BAMs using the NY torso for the standard $10 instead of the magnet or keychain for $6.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @SMC I've seen pics here on Brickset a month or two ago that shows the Statue of Liberty magnet is fully disassembled like the normal minifig.
    The magnets are not glued, which is very nice.  You can use them as regular minifigures. 
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,242
    Thanks all.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 589
    Sand green parts on the PAB wall.
    I have a non-AFOL friend in NYC this week and I sent a shopping list with him for sand green parts from the PAB wall. He only called me from the store three times today while trying to fill cups. The biggest issue was that they limit the Pick-a-Model (sand green) parts to 1/2 cup per part, and my list was just a 'little' larger than that. I figure any parts he's able to get me are better than none, although I did encourage him to visit the other area store tomorrow and to take to rest of his traveling party with him.
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 96
    Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I've also got relatives heading to New York this week, and was wondering if anyone knew whether the Statue of Liberty poly #40026 was still available at either of the brand stores? Or is that long gone?
    I didn't see it when I was there, but I think you can order it online at Toys R Us.  They do have a Statue of Liberty mini build on the PAB wall though, which contains some rare sand green pieces.  
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 642
    the two exclusive magnet set their are not glued and one have a new torso and legs.
    Also a yellow taxi cab keychain, the magnets and key chains are $6 a piece. 
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 96
    Cool, thanks for the info!