Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 923
    MaffyD said:

^ How long did it take to set up all the boxes like that for the photo? Or is that how you store them?

And to be unfairly picky on the layout, you've got some sets split up and the three on the bottom right don't line up with the rest. My (admittedly minor) OCD compels me, sorry. :-)

The stacking up is for photo shoot only. 

Haha, indeed, my pick would be the bottom left set protruding out too much, difficult to get them all squared out, hence why I left out another 2 or so sets not in pic. 
    MaffyDkiki180703Legoboy
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 923
    ^^ yeah yeah, tell yourself that its all for the microfigures. But then you have games like sunblock and frog rush which have none.  I know the symptoms. "Ooh Lego game I got a few of them., might just get this one too" and then before you know it you're stacking up boxes and taking photos.

Oh what a slippery slope we on on but it's one hell of a ride!  Nice collection though
    Sun block and Frog Rush were on clearance so bought a few for parts :) 

Noticed the collection isn't complete? By the time I started getting them, already quite a few older sets no longer available so gave them a miss. 
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    I loved that Champions game. So many great 2x4 colors and parts. I sold off the microfigs and purple/pink 2x4s to cover costs. On trash day, I would literally have 20 boxes stacked by the cans. Those garbage guys must have thought I was a real loony.
    Bumblepantskiki180703
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    I've just been paid for another commission! It feels great to design something that I wouldn't normally consider and have a successful outcome. I cannot wait to share the results with you guys!
    Legoboykiki180703VorpalRyucatwranglerGothamConstructionCosnowhitieshotgunchipmunkBriking
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Well, Infernox Captures The Queen lasted a whole six weeks before I broke it out of its "emergency Lego for the times when I will not be buying Lego" box in the wardrobe! Pleased with my resolve, and it's a nice build so far, too... 

Also, found a home for the box of non-Lego parts we've sorted out from my childhood Lego and charity shop lots...
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 350
    just built  shopkins brick structure ,i dont even know if cutting my hands of is enough,  chinese apprentice engineers more copy time in denmark . 
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,026
    no food shop today. (mum to unwell to go out.)
    so i have to wait to pick up my nexo knights mag this month.
    bit iffed off at argos who decided #31050 was not going to be on there 3 for 2.
    so i decided to spend the £50 i begged off mum on 3 set from amazon after there price drop. saved over £30 on RRP, if i got that Mix of set's from argos would have only saved £16 (£4 for shipping costs) (well £26 on the RRP as one set is £10 off on argos) as the set i got are selling on argos at 2x£24.99 and £19.99. would have got the £19.99 free on the 3 for 2.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,620
    Taking a break from the Argos sale today.... preparing for tomorrow's foray. :)
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,060
    Just got 700 likes! I'm almost at a 1:1 comment/like ratio now. Yay!
    BumblepantsBricklover18SumoLegotallblocktooAdeelZubairsnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,096
    ^ (Continuing to Bricklink signature sets can help buoy those numbers! @kiki180703.)

I wonder if there is a way to have a Likes Career Tally... is there a list somewhere?  @Huw.
    kiki180703AdeelZubair
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    SumoLego said:
    ^ (Continuing to Bricklink signature sets can help buoy those numbers! @kiki180703.)

I wonder if there is a way to have a Likes Career Tally... is there a list somewhere?  @Huw.
    C'mon! Your place in the world isn't determined by whether a bunch of strangers "like" you.

They could be a total bunch of wierdos that you wouldn't actually want to like you in real life.
    edited July 2016
    You're lucky their isn't a 'Crapping on Parades' button.

And I don't care if they like me - just my witty comments, obtuse references, half-assed analyses, occassionally insider information, and insatiable need to poke fun at people with no sense of humour.

Also, I am a big Sally Field fan.

And in pre-emptive response to your imminent retort: "I know you are, but what am I?"

Infinity plus 1!
    ricecakedatsunrobbiecatwranglerYodalicioussnowhitie
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 207
    Well, wife and daughters have gone to France for 3 weeks to stay with her family, so I'm home alone. Horrible, empty, quiet house... :-(

Every cloud has a silver lining though:

Living / dining room already taken over, ready for some serious sorting and dining room table cleared for some serious building... When I get some time away from work...

:-)

I'm liking your plastic containers. Would you mind telling me where you picked them up from?
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    Drone said:
    Well, wife and daughters have gone to France for 3 weeks to stay with her family, so I'm home alone. Horrible, empty, quiet house... :-(

Living / dining room already taken over, ready for some serious sorting and dining room table cleared for some serious building... When I get some time away from work...

I'm liking your plastic containers. Would you mind telling me where you picked them up from?
    Hopefully all over the house before his family gets back ;)
    bendybadgerYodaliciousstlux
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 381
    Just got my copy of 42056 but can't start building until space has been made to display.
    So today will be oogles of fun dusting and taking apart as many sets as possible.
    No play untl the work is done.
    Promise!
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @JudgeChuck Am anticipating a large Minecraft build!  Looking forward to the results!  
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,556
    Drone said:

Hopefully all over the house before his family gets back ;)

@SprinkleOtter Err, yes, definitely... ;-)

@Drone
    The containers are just Wham containers from Homebase, but they seem to running down their stocks, which is going to be very annoying. This is the only purple one available:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/purple-504-organiser-with-19-divisons-276026

The others are the 5.02 and 5.03 versions.

You can get them from here as well, but I haven't tried them yet:

http://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/home-storage-c1/bedroom-and-bathroom-organisation-c16/jewellery-storage-boxes-c38/38cm-5-02-hobby-craft-bits-and-bobs-18-compartment-organiser-plastic-box-p320

http://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/craft-storage-boxes-c4/compartment-boxes-c37/38cm-5-03-hobby-craft-bits-and-bobs-5-compartment-organiser-plastic-box-p322

http://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/craft-storage-boxes-c4/compartment-boxes-c37/38cm-5-04-01-hobby-craft-bits-and-bobs-19-compartment-organiser-box-1-p375

They are probably not suitable for most AFOLs, but they do work if you tend to keep your LEGO sorted by theme / set, which I do. The two stacks on the left are LEGO Minecraft and various other stacks hold The LEGO Movie, Ninjago, Ideas, Classic Space, LOTR / TH, etc. For LOTR / TH, Classic Space and Minecraft, all the bricks are sorted by type and colour, but for TLM / Ninjago, they are currently sorted by set.

The smaller boxes are either 18 division or 4 + 1 large division, while the large boxes have a removable tray with 19 divisions and a large empty area underneath (unsurprisingly!)

I'll post some pics of my collection sorted later, when I get home...

catwranglerMrGudz
    @JudgeChuck Am anticipating a large Minecraft build!  Looking forward to the results!  
    That's the plan! :-)

I've started building the first sets, but I've got a long way to go before I can start setting them out and adding the "custom" parts... I say "custom", as I'm not planning anything massively impressive MOC-wise, just more landscape to tie all the sets together.
    I am going to try to create a bit of a mountain to hide the underground sets a bit and perhaps put #21120 The Snow Hideout on top of it, if I've bought enough bley bricks, that is! I may have to pop back to the PAB wall in Stratford at some point...

tallblocktoo
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 297
    edited July 2016
    Cleared current LEGO room (medium sized) into original LEGO room (small) in order to move it all into the new LEGO room (largest). Just need to do
    the decorating now! There isn't going to be much building for a while but I did keep a few sets out for emergencies. 
    catwranglertallblocktooLostInTranslationricecakeSumoLegokiki180703stluxRsa33
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    edited July 2016
    Me, my brother, sister-in-law and two nephews (7 and 12 - 12 today in fact) went to see the Ghostbusters film today and it was a big hit with all of us. Thought it was great,  even my brother who absolutely loves the original really enjoyed it. Makes me want to get the new Ecto even more (before my main reason was to get the new hairpieces!!) 
    Salamalexkiki180703catwranglerSeijiAmasawa
    Salamalex said:

Lego in cramped quarters!
    kiki180703Salamalex
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    SumoLego said:
    Salamalex said:

Lego in cramped quarters!
    That set could make an outhouse look good...
    SumoLegoSalamalex
    edited July 2016
    @Drone I've posted a few pics of how I use the containers to sort / store my LEGO Minecraft bricks here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157671369830366

Hope the link works okay.

As I mentioned earlier, for some themes, I use a similar "all in together" approach, such as LOTR / TH, but for others, they're sorted by set in the main.
    tallblocktoosnowhitiedatsunrobbiestlux
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,450
    Just put together the Doctor Strange set, was going to write a review but looks like it's not possible until it's released.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,059
    @JudgeChuck thank you for sharing that. Quite a good idea to put themes like that together. I like to keep sets together and after demolition put them zip locked per theme in a box. but it anyways bothers me to miss out on moc- potential. And just buy loads of extra bricks or special sets for moc-ing.

If I'd do it your way, I could limit the MOC to using bricks from a certain theme and then afterwards not have to sort it exactly per set but per kind of brick.... I see potential. thanks!
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,294
    ^ I thought that was a pun.  Very nice!

(Not showing the Prequel Trilogy?)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    ^What are the "Prequels"? Are those actually movies? ;)
    JooTogSumoLegokiki180703
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    ^ THAT is what the whole game is all about!
    Pitfall69catwranglertallblocktookiki180703
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    Pitfall69 said:

He might be talking about the spinoff/parody movies that came out later.
    JooTog said:
    Pitfall69 said:

He might be talking about the spinoff/parody movies that came out later.
    Ha!!! Yeah, Sumo knows my disdain for the Episodes 1-3; I also know his contempt for Market Street :)
  • shotgunchipmunkshotgunchipmunk USMember Posts: 74
    Sister coming to visit this week.  Plan is to pick her up off the train and head straight to the LEGO store.
    snowhitie said:
    @JudgeChuck thank you for sharing that. Quite a good idea to put themes like that together. I like to keep sets together and after demolition put them zip locked per theme in a box. but it anyways bothers me to miss out on moc- potential. And just buy loads of extra bricks or special sets for moc-ing.

If I'd do it your way, I could limit the MOC to using bricks from a certain theme and then afterwards not have to sort it exactly per set but per kind of brick.... I see potential. thanks!
    It's definitely not an ideal sorting / storing method, as there's a lot of wasted space, due to duplication of similar bricks being stored in different containers and is of zero use to a pure MOC-er., but it suits my particular use-case. :-)
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,337

I thought you didn't have room for a Modular street @JudgeChuck? Those 4 look great. My wife has just seen it and asked me why I didn't have any - I was very torn then between my desire to keep to my 'areas of interest' and the allure of extra Lego, even if I have no place to display them! Cognitive dissonance is a pita!
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,347
    Just got back from my first ever trip to Legoland Windsor.
    Had a great day out and as we got there early the crowds were not to bad for the first half of the day.
    I was also very well behaved in the purchasing department (even though thay had #75025 on sale for £85 and have been after that for a while).
    Thought that i wouldn't push it as I am planning a trip to the Lego store shortly for a couple of larger sets and the bosses understanding of my hobby will only stretch so far.  
    LostInTranslationGothamConstructionCotallblocktoocatwranglersnowhitie
    Pitfall69 said:
    Ha!!! Yeah, Sumo knows my disdain for the Episodes 1-3; I also know his contempt for Market Street :)
    Contempt is the word we use in polite company.

There's a movie where the guy from 'Taken' and the guy from 'Pulp Fiction' fight Saruman.  And R2-D2 flies.  It's muy-muy awesome!
    VorpalRyu
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Soooo yesterday I put the King's Mech in my basket on Amazon as it was a third off. Foolishly, I thought I'd take a day or two to think about it, and you can guess what happened. There's nobody to blame but me. 
    MaffyD said:

I thought you didn't have room for a Modular street @JudgeChuck? Those 4 look great. My wife has just seen it and asked me why I didn't have any - I was very torn then between my desire to keep to my 'areas of interest' and the allure of extra Lego, even if I have no place to display them! Cognitive dissonance is a pita!
    I don't, usually... It's only because the family are away at the moment that I've comandeered the whole room... It'll all have to go back up to my study in a couple of weeks... :-(
    I'd love to have the permanent space to set up something like @Pitfall69 has done, or any of the other fantastic layouts that people have posted.
    MaffyD
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:

There's a movie where the guy from 'Taken' and the guy from 'Pulp Fiction' fight Saruman.  And R2-D2 flies.  It's muy-muy awesome!

SumoLegosnowhitiecatwranglerstluxVorpalRyu
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 908
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    just got the urge to watch a certain episode of Spaced :)
    SumoLegoMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    edited July 2016
    I want some unicorn poo!
    I'm sure it will go well with the Plopp chocolate. 
    SprinkleOtterBumblepants
    I actually can't believe we don't have a Lego Unicorn yet. I do hope we get one via Elves or Fantastic Beasts or something. 
    catwranglerAanchir
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,026
    Legopants said:

Not really a LEGO status, but I didn't know where else to put it.
    "Unicorn Poo" - fruit-flavoured marshmallow blobs, by all accounts. Yum!
    Didn't make it up - available here for just €1.99 a pack.

*points* PONY!
    catwrangler
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,331
    They look far more like little boobies than unicorn poo (i imagine). 
    Legopants