Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The LEGO Batman Movie

2»

Comments

• Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    ^yh, this Poison Ivy does look nice.
    Also, BigFig Bane!!!!
  • CHAINSAWCHAINSAW ChicagoMember Posts: 199
    I'm loving the Harley and Poison Ivy figures in that image.  
    Same, they look really awesome!
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,923
    I'm just loving that Killer Croc's face is literally a classic LEGO crocodile face. XD
    CHAINSAWSprinkleOtter
  • CHAINSAWCHAINSAW ChicagoMember Posts: 199
    Bane is looking so awesome!
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 607
    I took a screen shot of this back when the trailer came out but I forgot that I had done it. Just cleaned up my desktop and found it. I paused the trailer at this frame to find two different variations of bat belts.

image.png 1006.6K
    Kevin_Hyattcatwranglerkiki180703CHAINSAWgmonkey76
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,292
    edited April 2016
    Perijove said:
    I'm sure we'll get the utility belt, lobster, and bow-tie neck piece (seen on Alfred and in the picture of Thomas Wayne) in the tie-in movie sets.  What I really want to know is if there is any chance we'll get a cowl-with-raised-eyebrow piece.  These movies are only supposed to use real LEGO pieces, right? (with the exception of existing pieces that have never appeared in certain colors)  The Penguin and Riddler also had nice umbrella and staff elements.  The amount of unique new accessories seems to support hopes for a collectible minifigure series for this movie, as well.  
    Actually the Batman movie uses the same system as the Lego movie: Scans of actual parts/plans (including from LDD!), which are then edited ('graphiced') to look like real-world Lego parts - fingerprint smears, mould errors... so that is most likely the default cowl, but tweaked/stretched in the 3D modelling program.

EDIT: turns out TLM used actual stop-motion for certain sequences.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,054
    edited April 2016
    Looking forward to this film so much - and all the (hopefully great) sets it will produce. I still love that 'first try' - line, find it one of the funniest bits in TLM.
    CHAINSAWgmonkey76kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,282
    Is that a mad hatter on the far left?!

Edit never mind, penguin just got a fancier hat
    And apparently, a scarf to boot!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,440
    edited July 2016
    Just seen this image from comic con over on Eurobricks - Looks like Carrie Kelley's in it to me

• flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 793
    Wow. Carrie Kelly is an interesting choice since Dark Knight Returns is not a kid-friendly story.
    Personally I suspect she won't be the only Robin and that there won't be much to tie to the DC Comics canon.
  • TazakkTazakk Member Posts: 8
    EDIT: turns out TLM used actual stop-motion for certain sequences.
    Late on the draw here, but that's actually a misconception based on early press releases stating the film was a CGI/live action hybrid - nobody suspected that the live action parts would be with actual humans!

There is some stop motion in the film, but it's just the contest winners that are on Lord Business' screens toward the end for all of a few seconds.
  • gobias1234gobias1234 IowaMember Posts: 10
    I think that is Robin in a funky get up per an article I just read some where.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 793
    Apparently it's not a Carrie Kelly Robin. It's a goofy-looking Robin as voiced by Michael Cera. 
    I think if its not CK the orange hair and green on the glasses is going to lead to a lot of nerd rage over the character design. Oh well, itll work as a CK figure anyway ;-)
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 965
    I'm so excited about the minifigure potential that this movie will bring. I hope it's stacked with villains. Come on overdue Clayface!
    Bumblepants
    Ah, the hair piece is actually brown, definitely not a CK stand in