Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Dare I say, Walmart?

Comments

• ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    looks like I waited a bit too long. Oh well, should be prioritizing brick bank anyway.
    It's back up this morning.  Just pulled the trigger on one!
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Pulled the trigger on one as well. 
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 171
    I was saving up for the Ewok Village, but that price was irresistible.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 994
    It's back up to $301 now
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 171
    ^That's just ToyWiz trying to compete with TRU for worst LEGO pricing.
    BumblepantsARo2891
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    Ran into a WM when I was out of town because this store is notorious for clearancing out LEGO quick and low.  This store had 8 #75828 Ghostbusters Ecto 1&2 on the shelves already for $59.99. 
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,691
    Bro-in-law picked up a #75100 First Order Snowspeeder for half price at a Walmart in NC to bring over here next week. Lot of other clearance but the prices were nothing special.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,856
    Saw a bunch of stuff for about 25% off, mostly different selection from Target. Picked up 6 #70333 Ultimate Robin to go with the one I got at Target for $6.98
    Seems to be more of the higher end sets on clearance at a few of the Walmarts around here.  The Scooby Doo theme it's the Lighthouse and Mystery Mansion and Jurassic World its the Indominous Rex and T-Rex Tracker on clearance...the rest are still regular price.  #75105 Millenium Falcon $109, #75104 Kylo Ren $89, #75101 FO Tie Figher $49
  • Vance2Vance2 Member Posts: 15
    Picked up the Ra's Al Ghul set in WM last night.

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 720
    Oh, it's gonna be a WM exclusive? Then weight actually get a 
    *we might actually get a decent price on it.
  • lego16lego16 CaliforniaMember Posts: 11
    So here's what I found today. 

Kylo Ren Command Shuttle 75104 $60
    Resistance Troop Transporter 75140 $35
    Indominus Rex Breakout 75919 $75

Anyone know if the Rex Breakout is being retired?  I'm finding it less and less at stores.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,941
    Ugh. If the one I find was $75 I would have bought it. :-( 
  • lego16lego16 CaliforniaMember Posts: 11
    tamamahm said:
    Ugh. If the one I find was $75 I would have bought it. :-( 
    I just found another one online at another nearby store for 50.  It was 99 when I looked this morning.  Looked like they changed the price just a few hours ago...arghhh :(  May have to go pick it up otherwise I might nor forgive myself on this.  I hope it's still there when I arrive.
    Got 2 #70605 Misfortune's Keep and a #70734 Master Wu Dragon. They were already on sale, but I saw several more sets added to the clearance. Going back for more Ninjago soon. 70605 is the first time I've dealt with WM security cables, got both at once so I didn't need to wait the next time.

• ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    Stopped in today and saw some new types of inline clearance signage and a ton of sets on clearance, but not for very big discounts, 20-30%.  Mix of city, creator, jurassic park and a small number if star wars sets.
    KingAlanI
    Stopped in today and saw some new types of inline clearance signage and a ton of sets on clearance, but not for very big discounts, 20-30%.  Mix of city, creator, jurassic park and a small number if star wars sets.
    same here. good way to put it. they also added some friends, disney princess, elves and girl duplo

#75140 Resistance Troop Transporter $49 (good deal), #75126 First Order Snowspeeder $7 (odd to see a Series 3 Microfighter, I've seen a lot of Series 2 on sale), #75079 Shadow Troopers $9 (another good deal)
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Spotted these yesterday. Wasn't enough for me to bite. Already have a Falcon, and I would only want the figs in the other sets- which I could snag for much cheaper than this cost...
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 427
    My local Walmart was terrible. I should have taken pictures to show how comedically bad it was.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Not a bad morning...

75100 - First Order Snowspeeder - $19 (Never wanted this at $39.99, but at $19 it's a steal IMHO)
    76026 - Gorilla Grood Goes Bananas - $35 (This was never on my want list, but my son has been begging for us to add the Gorilla Grood bigfig to our collection for weeks now, so for 30% off, I'm good with that.)
    75904 - Mystery Mansion - $64 (Had only planned on getting the Mystery Machine, but I like this for this price and now the gang's all here!)
  • Yo_dAYo_dA IndianaMember Posts: 32
    I just picked up #75093 on sale for $59 today at my local Walmart. It was the last one left so I had to snatch it up. 
    We finally bought something!!  Poe's xwing was on sale for $59.00.  Nice looking model, always did like it,  but never would have bought it at the $79.  Even at the sale price I still had to think once or twice about it....then bought two, lol
    Yodalicious
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ I'm a bit of an X-Wing fan, so take this for what it's worth, but I liked it at $79. At $59, you did great. Enjoy it. 
  • mediumsnowmanmediumsnowman USAMember Posts: 40
    I got all excited- Walmart app showed several Avengers Towers in stock for $30 at my local store. Showed up and there's no trace of them on the shelves. Not even a tag. Asked an employee and they knew nothing, as usual.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    foots said:
    I found 2 #75105 Millennium Falcons for $35 each.  I couldn't believe it.  I never find stuff like that.

Wow that's a good deal.  Wish I could find one of those.  Where are you located?
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Jelly!
    foots said:
    I found 2 #75105 Millennium Falcons for $35 each.  I couldn't believe it.  I never find stuff like that.
    Now that is just giving them away, and handing you a$100 bill........good find!!
    SprinkleOtter

Walmart(YMMV) has dropped it's prices on a few clearance items:  #75105 Millenium Falcon is now $74 and #75101 First Order Special Forces Tie is now $35. #75104 Kylo Ren for $59.  Most others have stayed the same.  Found a couple WM that have #75102 Poes X-Wing for $40 but there an hour and a half drive.

WM is just picking random stores to lower prices...I have 3 stores near me and the Kylo Ren is full price at one, $89 at another and $59 at the 3rd...all within 12miles of each other.

I saw some deals in different Greensboro NC Walmarts.

Super Heroes:
    Carnage Attack $5
    Iron Man vs. Ultron $5
    Sandman and Rhino  $19
    Hulkbuster $21
    Batboat Pursuit $21

Star Wars:
    Kylo Ren's Shuttle $59
    First Order Snowspeeder $19
    Resistance Troop Transport $35
    First Order Snowspeeder Microfighter $5
    Shadow Troopers $9
    Luke Skywalker $9
    Jango Fett $9
    Poe Dameron $13

Ninjago:
    Ronin Rex $25
    Enter the Serpent $30
    Chain Cycle Ambush $15
    Tiger Widow Island $35
    Misfortune's Keep $40

Nexo Knights:
    Ultimate Macy $5
    Ultimate Lavaria $7
    Ultimate Robin $5
    Ultimate Beast Master $5

City:
    Deep Sea Vessel $59
    Deep Sea Scuba Vessel $3.50
    Deep Sea Starter Set $7
    Demo Starter $7
    Space Starter $7
    Police Station $54

Jurassic World:
    Raptor Rampage $35
    Pteradonn Capture $15
    T-Rex Tracker $49
    ReesesPiecesjosekalel
    Jelly!
  • LegoAddictLegoAddict NW of ChicagoMember Posts: 28
    This week is the week to get those 50% off sets you've been looking for, and it seems to be changing day to day, I've been checking brickseek daily and have seen the prices changing from 30% to 50% off, just picked up a Kylo Ren shuttle for $59, F.O Tie Fighter for $35, Millennium Falcon for $74 and F.O. Transporter for $45.  However, I find this only in certain Walmarts, so YMMV.  Brickseek's prices are usually quite accurate, the inventory, not so much!

Thanks for the thorough update Capt'n!!! 

My Visa Card is going to be hurting this month!
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Brick seek is showing lots of good deals at my local Walmart, I'm going to check it out, will report back. 
    I definitely picked up a Kylo Ren Shuttle. Lots of other good deals around, but my wallet can't sustain them all! If several City sets drop to 75℅ I will grab them for sure. 
    I definitely spent too much, but got a lot of good deals.  Will post pics when I get home 
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 537
    There are lots of Friends and Elves on Clearance also, and a few Disney.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 343
    I made a trip to two Walmarts today looking for the Avengers Tower for $30 and the First Order Transport for $45, but both had been cleared out. I was able to pick up the following, however:

#31035, Beach Hut, for $15 (x 2)
    #31039, Blue Power Jet, for $35
    #41075, Elves' Treetop Hideaway, for $25
    #60047, Police Station, for $54
    #60091, Deep Sea Starter Set, for $5
    #60093, Deep Sea Helicopter, for $25
    #60095, Deep Sea Exploration, for $59
    #70749, Enter the Serpeant, for $30
    #75104, Kylo Ren's Shuttle, for $59
    #75126, First Order Snowspeeder for $5

I held off on the space shuttle for $59 because I guess I am just not that interested in that set. I have never really looked at Elves or Ninjago sets before, but I really liked the pieces and buildings formed in the two sets I picked up today. I figured the prices were right for giving them a shot. 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2016
    I got some Hulkbusters and JW sets for the above prices and some Minecraft too.  There are lots to be had across all themes.  Yeah, this is one of the very few times I would ever recommend someone to go out to their Walmart now and check.  If you're reading this tomorrow, you're probably too late.
    pharmjod
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,301
    I got some Hulkbusters and JW sets for the above prices and some Minecraft too.  There are lots to be had across all themes.  Yeah, this is one of the very few times I would ever recommend someone to go out to their Walmart now and check.  If you're reading this tomorrow, you're probably too late.
    Knowing what the stores have had available when clearance prices in other regions, I think Ill just save the wear and tear on my vehicle. Either the stores near me do not put anything on clearance, have nothing to put on clearance, or an AFOL has the ability having nothing better to do but go to a walmart every day of the week looking for bargains and snatches them up. So I just presume that, as good as the prices are, it is not worth burning gas over.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2016
    Normally I totally agree.  In fact, 99% of the time I agree.  The only reason I say this one seems different because, like you, mine NEVER have anything, yet the two I popped by today did, and they had a butt-ton.

You're likely better off not burning the gas though at this point, because really it's probably too late anyway.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Same here.

Neither of the Walmart near me, one near home, the other one by the office, NEVER have anything worthwhile. The very few (if any) items on clearance are down by no more than 10%.
    I agree with you completely, my local Walmarts never have clearance, I rarely check because of that, and the fact that I do not have the time to do so.  
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    I wonder if the lack of clearance items is due to Walmart stores located in neighborhoods that are, well "sifrino".
  • KiltyONealKiltyONeal Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 27
    Picked up these yesterday after the fresh round of Walmart markdowns ...

41077: Aira's Pegasus Sleigh  $9

75917: Raptor Rampage  $25

75101: First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter  $35

41055: Cinderella's Romantic Castle  $35

• ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 792
    I have to agree with @TheLoneTensor.  I rarely find anything at my local walmarts but I was actually able to find plenty this time around.  I kind of hoped afterwards that I didn't find so many discounted sets.
    77ncaachampsKingAlanI
    And my walmart had nothing... Again.  Le sigh.
    77ncaachampsMegtheCat
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited July 2016
    My central Ohio Walmart is another one that typically has nothing. This time was different though - several of the sets mentioned were there in full 50% off glory. There was also a full box of S17. Most of the clearance has somehow survived late into the evening. 

I got a couple of Minecraft sets for raw materials and a full set of S16 + the extras.

Man... It was so difficult leaving the JP stuff on the shelf. I'm still twitching from it. My wife will freaking kill me though.
    goshe7