Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71040 "Minifigures" D2C speculation

1235»

Comments

• A.BrickovskyA.Brickovsky PolandMember Posts: 56
    TBB has "revelead" the same images that everyone did. It's still not official. 
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,799
    edited July 2016
    MattsWhat said:
    ^ I dare say that @Huw has recieved official details - it is still a leak if they don't wait for the official release date/time - today apparently so probably 2pm.
    Fair point. Guess it gives the mods something to do ;-)
    MattsWhat
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,304
    edited July 2016
    Just been looking at the contraband pics again now I'm at my PC. Still love it :-) 
    One thing I noticed -  in the image of Mickey in the Sorcerer's Apprentice room, does there seem to be a shadow at the top of his leg, hinting at a cloth piece for the tails of his coat? That would be cool. 
    Yep. Really makes the figure look better!
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    With 4080 pieces what do you guys think the price will be?

It has 600 pieces less than #75827 - Ghostbusters, Firehouse Headquarters which is also a licenced set. My guess is between £149.99 and £299.99, although I hope it's equal or less than the Firehouse Headquarters' price of £274.99.
    It's $349.99
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    I've seen two or three sites literally just post this soooo... press release!

71040 The Disney Castle

Ages 16+. 4,080 pieces.

US $349.99 - CA $399.99 - DE 349.99€ - UK £289.99 - DK 2999.00 DKK

Welcome to the magical Disney Castle!

Bring the magical world of Disney to your home with The Disney Castle. This highly detailed LEGO model with over 4,000 pieces offers a rewarding build and play experience, and comes with an array of exciting Disney-themed features and functions. The intricately detailed facade and towers replicate the iconic Walt Disney World Resort Cinderella Castle, and each accessible castle room includes special features inspired by some of Disney's greatest animated feature films, providing endless play possibilities with the included minifigures: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Tinker Bell, or other characters from your collection.

• Includes 5 minifigures: Mickey Mouse with a tuxedo, Minnie Mouse with red dress, Donald Duck with classic outfit, Daisy Duck with pink skirt, lavender colored shoes and a bow, and Tinker Bell with wig element, skirt, wings and a magic wand.
    • The Disney Castle features a detailed facade with a stone bridge, clock, wide arched entrance, ornate balconies, spired towers, plus a four-story main building and a five-story, golden-spired main tower, both containing rooms with assorted Disney-inspired features and elements.
    • Castle main building first floor features the main hall with large arched doorway, mosaic floor tiling, ornate chandelier, suits of armor, shield-decorated walls, grandfather clock, floor-standing vase with buildable flower elements, magic carpet and a golden lamp.
    • Castle main building second-floor room features buildable dark-blue curtains with curtain pole, ornate buildable candelabra and rose, and glass case elements.
    • Castle main building third-floor room features a chest with book of spells, mop and bucket elements, and access to the main tower second-floor room.
    • Castle main building fourth-floor bedroom features a detailed bed with decorative golden headboard elements.
    • Main tower first-floor kitchen features a large redbrick-patterned stove, workbench, buildable broom and pumpkin, plus pots, pans and assorted kitchen and food elements.
    • Main tower second-floor room includes a spinning wheel and access to the castle main building third-floor room.
    • Main tower third-floor room features a chest containing brush, scissor and lock of black hair elements, plus a balcony with 2 stud shooters for a firework-display function.
    • Main tower fourth-floor room features a golden mirror, plus red apple and glass vase elements.
    • Main tower fifth-floor room features a window bench and an arched window.
    • Also includes 2 frogs and a golden crown element.
    • Remove part of the roof section to discover the glass slipper element and fairy-tale book element with printed cover.
    • Launch the fireworks and let the magic begin!
    • Combine with other LEGO minifigure characters for endless adventures!
    • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12 and over.
    • This set includes over 4,000 LEGO pieces.
    • The Disney Castle measures over 29" (74cm) high, 17" (44cm) wide and 12" (31cm) deep.

pharmjodMooreFXkiki180703madforLEGOBrickDancerbobabricks
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,754
    74cm high - Tower of Orthanc is 73cm high for a quick comparison.
    Infinityman
    Some size comparisons:
    Orthanc:
    • Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
    Disney Castle:
    measures over 29" (74cm) high, 17" (44cm) wide and 12" (31cm) deep.

YES.
    Infinityman
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,533
    £289.99?? Ouch! 

Still getting it though :-) 
    edited July 2016
    Some size comparisons:
    Orthanc:
    • Measures over 28" (73cm) high, 8" (21cm) wide and 6" (16cm) deep
    Disney Castle:
    measures over 29" (74cm) high, 17" (44cm) wide and 12" (31cm) deep.

YES.
    It's taller than Orthanc? Jesus, and even that's huge.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    I'm surprised there is not a large room with tables for breakfast with the princesses and every time you put a mini figure in that room, you have to send Disney $60. 

Anyway, this looks very nice. My wife is actually excited about getting a Lego set now. I just hope there aren't too many stickers.
    pharmjodsonsofscevaricecakekiki180703Rainstorm26
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Ouch for the UK price, might have to leave this one on the shelf for the forseeable.  Damn Brexit.
    CM4S said:
    It's taller than Orthanc? Jesus, and even that's huge.
    The height is roughly the same, but it's twice that wide and twice as deep. Stunning. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,030
    Note also it is not called Cinderella's Castle, so the other incorrectly named thread should probably be closed or renamed.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    did someone say disney lighthouse?

where can i sign?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    CCC said:
    Note also it is not called Cinderella's Castle, so the other incorrectly named thread should probably be closed or renamed.
    At the very least could we have the two threads merged please? @CapnRex101 @drdavewatford
    BumblepantsAdzbadboystluxARo2891SumoLegokiki180703madforLEGOBricklover18A.Brickovsky
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited July 2016
    Now that the full photos are on Brickset, I think I'm moving this into the 'not likely' category.  I can live without the minifigures (thanks to the CMFs) and Tinkbell should have bigger eyes - the normal look face really doesn't work for me.  Even Alice is a better look.
    The actual build looks pretty good but for the price I'd take two modulars every day of the week.  There are however some elements which will be getting snapped up if they ever make it on to B&P.  The printed Unikitty tails are amazing and needed for so much minifigure scale furniture.  The little printed 1x1 round tiles near the archery board (I'm not sure what they are meant to be) are perfect little cut off branches for trees.  Not sure if either are new but hey, I just noticed them.
    legomatt
    The circles are cookies that I think are in the Disney Princess Merida set.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,533
    ^ They look new.  Definitely not the jammy dodger tile or the tree knot tile that have been in this year's Friends and Elves sets already. 
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Mmmm Jammy Dodgers 
    Oops, I was wrong. I'm still pretty sure it's a Brave reference. 

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,799
    I assumed the archery was a Robin Hood reference. But that was just on the assumption that all the other rooms were references to 'classic Disney'. Not sure what the Donald Duck bedroom is from though. 
  • lego187lego187 United StatesMember Posts: 16
    Pretty sure the bedroom is the Disney Suite in the real castle
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,436
    Expensive, but I can see why the price point. It is pretty huge and Im guessing many building castles may also buy it for a good foundation as well. Though it appears the 'brick work' on the castle walls are stickers.
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280

Is that bedroom not Sleeping Beauty?

edited July 2016
    CCC said:
    Correct... it is just Cinderella Castle... no apostrophe or s. (At Disney World, anyway)

• Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited July 2016
    Looks like TLG will be releasing Disney Series 2 CMFs in the near future based on the features in the new Cinderella Castle. Only a few of the CMFs in Disney Series 1 seem to go with the new castle (Mickey, Mini, Donald, Daisy, Maleficent). I am expecting Snow White and the evil Queen, Sleeping Beauty (with awake and sleeping sides of her face) and the Prince, the Beauty and the Beast, and the fox version of Robin Hood and Maid Marian, Arthur and Merlin, Jasmine, so forth. I think the Queen of Hearts and the Mad Hatter will also be part of the upcoming Disney Series 2.
    devilhead said:
    CCC said:
    Correct... it is just Cinderella Castle... no apostrophe or s. (At Disney World, anyway)

The set has a different name, no mention of Cinderella.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Is it the Disney Castle or the Cinderella Caste?

I officially call this set by it's rightful acronym DC!
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    With all these large sets coming out this year I wonder when or if we will ever see Lego produce a set over 6000 pieces to surpass Taj Mahal as the largest set.
    A.Brickovsky
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    edited July 2016
    Good job LEGO. Now do Beast's menacing castle.

I'll wait for double points on this one, unless they're retiring it in one month. 

Oops. Wrong thread.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2016
    devilhead said:
    CCC said:

It's funny, cause here you are correcting ridiculous minutiae, yet in the very same breath you incorrectly call it Disney World.
    VorpalRyuSumoLegodougts
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,189
    Eh?
    VorpalRyu
    Officially it's Walt Disney World.  Of course, you'd get a really dumb stare from someone if you corrected them of that, same as if you corrected them on calling it Cinderella's Castle.
    VorpalRyuSumoLegoAanchir
    The Walt Disney World?
    VorpalRyuBumblepantsMattsWhatBricklover18Aanchirricecake
    Yeah, in the Florida, it's a great value.
    SumoLegokiki180703VorpalRyuMattsWhatricecake
    edited July 2016
    I couldn't care less.  Or I could care less?  I can't bloody remember.

(And please don't refer to it as Walt Disney World Resort.  That would be incorrect.)
    gmonkey76VorpalRyu
    devilhead said:
    CCC said:

It's funny, cause here you are correcting ridiculous minutiae, yet in the very same breath you incorrectly call it Disney World.
    Thank you for finding my poorly executed and rather unfunny joke funny, though I think you didn't actually get it as you point out something that was intentional as a mistake and go on to make a very similar point to what was intended.  Like I said, it was poorly executed.  No harm, no foul.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    Rainstorm26 said:
    Is it the Disney Castle or the Cinderella Caste?

I officially call this set by it's rightful acronym DC!
    Indeed, it is important to get the name right, before people start comparing CC with FB. (Cinderella's Castle and Frodo's Burrow).
    Facebook?
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    edited July 2016
    i  ve been to california 18 years agoe... at the age of 14. las vegas was bullshit!

we went to see disneyland park.   my brother did cry all day cuz it wasnt the "real deal disney land resort"! is there something like paris' disney land in murica?

its bugging me for years now  ;)