Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

Comments

• canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 323
    @minjiet Thanks!  Worked like a charm.
  • tyfytrtyfytr Kansas CityMember Posts: 1
    Just use the lego brick separator. It's soft and plastic, and won't leave a mark...
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    minjiet said:
    canon03 said:
    Anyone have an idea on how to successfully separate the following 2 parts?

I was debating which steering portal to use (light blue grey or pearl gold) and snapped them together.  Then of course I wanted to change to the other color, but cannot get the apart.

watch this:

I can't say for every situation, but this categorically did not work for the parts in the orignal picture in my experience.  I tried this (its a pretty obvious method to be honest) and I would have had to apply enough force to destroy both the knife and edges of the parts to get anywhere near splitting them.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    So finally got all the parts in but can't find any instructions online. Do you guys know where to get it?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^You're awesome @mampepin . Thanks!
  • amphurmeungamphurmeung Vancouver, BCMember Posts: 2
    Still looking for 6 of those shields.... If anyone has extras they're willing to part with, I'd be eternally grateful
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    I think I'm very relieved that my son isn't a huge batman fan. This would have been a nightmare! thumbs up to the people doing it though.
    VorpalRyu
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 187
    I am currently changing out grey shields for black ones! Giving myself a very unnecessary challenge! Addicted to the chase of rare parts now 
  • drscottypavarottidrscottypavarotti United KingdomMember Posts: 14
    Just got back from a walking holiday to find my bat-pod delivered to a neighbour.  Got it sitting in my living room, ready for building....Yay!
    Farmer_JohnGothamConstructionCo
  • ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 137
    Finally got mine made. Unfortunately no box or instructions.
  • ScarraScarra LondonMember Posts: 137
    MattsWhatsteveomclLegoboykiki180703snowhitie
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,704
    Scarra said:
    Finally got mine made. Unfortunately no box or instructions.
    In which case you don't actually have one.  ;)
    Coolguy5000SumoLegoScarraLusiferSamRainstorm26
    edited October 2015
    Where does he get those wonderful toys?
    SumoLegoGothamConstructionCoRsa33GoldchainsLego_Starkiki180703
  • scarecrow2400scarecrow2400 USAMember Posts: 99
    ^^That is too cool.
    bandit778kiki180703
  • xiahnaxiahna Member Posts: 154
    They look awesome. Love the Joker pic to the side as well!
    bandit778VorpalRyuLego_Starkiki180703
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Hey guys,

Does anyone have a XML file they would like to pass over to me.  If so, can you please PM and we can discuss.

Thanks
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    I know this doesn't appeal to everyone, but if you are still looking to get a true replica, we have a very limited number of kits available.  These use all of the exact, rare LEGO parts with no substitutions.  We added a very high quality placard sticker as an additional benefit to buy the kit from us.

http://shop.constructibles.net/constructibles-reproduction-bat-pod-lego-parts-instructions-kit/

tallblocktooAdzbadboyCoolguy5000pharmjodBrickDancerkiki180703ricecakeSirBenAllBrick
    steveomcl said:
    @Farmer_John this was the final product.

I'm just in the process of finally putting my plaque together.  Did anyone get round to having the sticker printed and mounted?
    Can anybody tell which torso and head Catwoman is using in this pic?

This picture's a bit clearer.

Found it - custom.  Looks like I just bought my first non-LEGO piece.

A one-off - promise!

bandit778FurrysaurusLego_StarCommanderRaabkiki180703Jackad7
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    Pretty sure that's a custom decal. It has a problem that is shared with a lot of custom female torso decorations, which is that the waist is narrow and concave all the way from the bust line to the base of the torso, without any kind of bulge for the ribcage and hips.
    LegoboyLyichirtallblocktoobandit778bobabrickscatwranglerDrmnezsnowhitiekiki180703
    Yeah, have been researching Anne Hathaway's chest in detail this evening.  Think I'm going to stick with her more natural LEGO look but use the custom head.  :)
    bandit778bobabricksAdzbadboysnowhitiekiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,872
    "Erm no honey, just doing some science for Lego purposes. Nothing to see here!"
    Legoboybandit778AdzbadboysnowhitieRomanticWarriorkiki180703
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    Legoboy said:
    Yeah, have been researching Anne Hathaway's chest in detail this evening.  
    Of course, for research purposes only.
    The CMF Thief from series 15 gives a pretty good torso (head is yellow sadly otherwise it would be good as is).
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 573
    With some quick photoshop, removed the background of the torso.

This is more or less the implication of the torso. When it comes down to it, the proportions seem quite off in my opinion. Doesn't seem quite... natural.
    pharmjodgmonkey76AanchirsnowhitiecatwranglerLegoboykiki180703
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    ^ Reminds me a little bit of this.

MattsWhatcatwranglerkiki180703bobabricks
    Mynatt said:
    With some quick photoshop, removed the background of the torso.

This is more or less the implication of the torso. When it comes down to it, the proportions seem quite off in my opinion. Doesn't seem quite... natural.
    Child bearing hips.
    Mynattkiki180703
    All done and ready for the sticker.  :)

Did anyone manage to get it printed?

Lego_Starbobabricksbandit778GothamConstructionCokiki180703snowhitieexciter1
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    edited July 2016
    @Legoboy I should be able to print you one if you want just let me know the correct size to print at
    Legoboybendybadgersnowhitie
    Shib said:
    @Legoboy I should be able to print you one if you want just let me know the correct size to print at
    That would be great if you could. Thank you.

Now, to find the dims.  :)

Thank you.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Mynatt said:

The custom:

For some reason this altered pic ^ made me think of Cluedo.....and this image v

And I have absolutely no idea why.

But never mind distorted images, back to the topic in hand, nice one @Shib on offering to print the batpod label for Legoboy :o)
    SumoLegokiki180703bandit778bendybadgersnowhitie
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 612
    Hello guys and gals. I am a bit late to the party here. Have read back to where I last was on this thread (when the competition was in full swing). Could I perhaps summarise what I think and people correct me if I am wrong.

It is possible to buy the parts to build the batpod using BL and P&B. Some parts are rather rare and hard to get hold of (shields?? are these the parts that cover the front tire). There is also the case that the official build is grey and the tumbler is black, so some people have changed the colour scheme to be more authentic.

Does that seem about right? What are people spending on average for these? I have a tumbler (still to build) and I would like to get one of these made up to complement it.  But not if it is going to cost hundreds of pounds.

Any info/suggestions welcome
    Raab
    ^There are 6 shields that cover where the elbows and knees of the rider would be.  Part number is 92222 - choose black or dark pearl gray (or green) depending on the look you want.  They are only in old Hero Factory sets - if you were quick, or can find the older models then they are not that expensive, less that £5 each easy, but on bricklink now they are going to run you at least £10 each plus postage (not many people with the required 6).
    Otherwise, nothing in there is too bad, the wheels can still be had from B&P for about £7.  I reckon all the rest would be around £50-£60, so you're looking at around £120-£150 all in maybe.
    Good Luck!
    LegoboyCommanderRaab
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,954
    edited July 2016
    @CommanderRaab
    Most of the parts are quite easy to find, even the tyres, now that they are available in set #42050 Drag Racer.
    The hard part/s are part 92222 - which in the Bat-Pod set are Pearl Dark Gray and at the moment, the cheapest on Bricklink are priced at £7.24 each (without shipping cost).
    There are 6 of them required on the Bat-Pod (4 for the handlebar Guards & 2 for the Knee Guards).
    The original Hero Factory sets that these came in can be found, but due to the rarity of the parts they are not cheap or if they are cheap the parts have been taken out already (read listings carefully if going this route).
    CommanderRaabLegoboy
  • bri4jennbri4jenn United StatesMember Posts: 86
    Does someone have a pdf of the instructions they can share?
  • waynlewiswaynlewis USAMember Posts: 85
    What about those imitation ones on eBay, the Decool or Building Blocks? Yeah I know they're imitations, but for a kid that will play with it and not just build it to display..
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,954
    edited July 2016
    @waynlewis
    There is currently a whole discussion about this and varying opinions on it going on which doesn't really need to be opened up on another thread.

But to answer your question, in my opinion, the Bat-Pod isn't anything but a display piece that was designed to sits nicely alongside The Tumbler (another set that has virtually zero play-ability because of it's fragile nature).

It doesn't really fit with any current scale and to be honest, it doesn't lend itself to play as it is quite a rigid and a relatively simple build.

The main attraction with a set like this though isn't the build or the experience, its the exclusivity (even the Bricklinked versions to some degree, because of the cost of the Hero Factory shields).

The set was a very limited production run and a genuine boxed and sealed version is a collectors item, much like the UCS Millennium Falcon has become. 

Yes you can own a Knock-off, but as a Lego collector, ultimately you still will not have one.

Bumblepantsstluxkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,872
    If you want it for a kid to play with just get the $20 set with the bat cycle and Harley Quinn. Most kids would probably prefer that anyway as it has minifigures to play with.
    bandit778
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,934
    Legoboy said:
    Found it - custom.  Looks like I just bought my first non-LEGO piece.

A one-off - promise!

Also a slightly different version with a bluer background to the torso on aliexpress (for 68p).

• kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,037
    @kiki180703 Thanks.  And know the quest to build this thing.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    edited July 2016
    For anyone looking, we had the stickers professionally printed on gloss paper and are selling them (with Stephen's permission).  If you order only the sticker, we can mail it internationally for $1.15 postage.

http://www.bricklink.com/store/home.page?p=DadsAFOL&itemID=97710032

We also have 2 repro sets left, that come with the correct shields, color printed instructions, and the placard sticker and extra parts to make the placard display.  I realize this price isn't for everyone, but if you don't want to mess with Bricklinking all of the parts, its an option.  http://shop.constructibles.net/constructibles-reproduction-bat-pod-lego-parts-instructions-kit/  We won't be making any more kits of the Bat-Pod after these are sold.
    SumoLegokiki180703ricecake