Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Constructionary?

I was looking through the games to be played at Brickfair VA this year, and I noticed a game called Constructionary. At first I thought they were confusing Creationary with the LEGO Creator game, but then I looked up Constructionary, and found out that it does exist. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about it.

Does anyone here own a copy? I am trying to find out what the game board and rules look like, so I have some idea how to play.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,701
    It looks to be a game produced by Rose Art under license in 2003: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Constructionary. I've never seen a copy.

RoseArt is now owned by M??a Brands...
    SprinkleOtter
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Interesting. Did LEGO used to own RoseArt? It seemed to be in the timeframe of LEGO doing everything themselves.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,946
    I have a copy of that in storage somewhere.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,874
    Interesting. Did LEGO used to own RoseArt? It seemed to be in the timeframe of LEGO doing everything themselves.
    Nope, RoseArt used to be an independent company that LEGO did licensing with. RoseArt manufactured most board games from the 90s and early naughts as well as some two-sided LEGO puzzes/playmats. Besides LEGO-branded products, I mostly remember them for having crayons and colored pencils that could never really measure up to the quality of "proper" Crayola crayons and colored pencils.

Besides Mega Bloks acquiring RoseArt itself in 2005, Larry Rosen (who led RoseArt alongside his brother Jeffrey Rosen from 1978 to 2006) went on to found his own company, LaRose Industries/Cra-Z-Art, in 2008. Cra-Z-Art has already manufactured two different LEGO clone brands, Super Blox and Lite Brix. Both brands are made in China and include pretty shameless ripoffs of even fairly specialized LEGO bricks, including the minifigure and mini-doll (Lite Brix faced a lawsuit over the latter). From a few minutes of research it seems like Super Blox has been discontinued in favor of expanding the Lite Brix brand.
    catwrangler
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 490
    Off topic but I will say it anyways. Just found out I will be attending this Brickfair. It will be my first as I have emerged from my Dark Ages 1 1/2 years ago. Can't wait. I'll look out for this game and fellow Brickseters.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,519
    There are several copies on ebay right now.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Off topic but I will say it anyways. Just found out I will be attending this Brickfair. It will be my first as I have emerged from my Dark Ages 1 1/2 years ago. Can't wait. I'll look out for this game and fellow Brickseters.
    Awesome!

Are you going to be joining in the Boat Race?
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 490
    Not sure, hope to meet you there.
    SprinkleOtter