Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    ^Looks A little crowded in the park but cool. 
  • ThoughtsonblocksThoughtsonblocks United StatesMember Posts: 178
    Hey man they've got hot dogs, of course its going to be crowded!
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    I got my hands on 40221 Fountain and 60134 Fun in the Park and wanted to build them together into a Park scene for my City and Train layout using the Modular Building sidewalk design:

that is awesome!
    Hey dont think you can make a LDD file for that build can you?
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    ^ @chrisalddin surely you don't need an LDD file for that? Even *I* could knock one up in about 10 minutes! ;-)
    BumblepantsMattDawsonkiki180703Lobot
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    ^ @chrisalddin surely you don't need an LDD file for that? Even *I* could knock one up in about 10 minutes! ;-)
    maybe. but i like to get a closer look at that model with the minifigs out of the way,
    I havent had a chance to get into LDD yet, but I took a short video with figs, and some pictures without the minifigs to give a better look:

chrisalddinbrumeyJennipharmjodkiki180703JooTog
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    @JooTogI love combining if if I'm building multiples.
    @Thoughtsonblocks I also like combining related models into the same build.

• tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,938
    @Thoughtsonblocks ;
    I have to laugh, this is exactly what I was attempting to do this weekend.... Combine my fountains with Fun in the Park. I just built Fun in the Park yesterday, and started trying to combine some of the items last night.  I haven't finished since I am playing with combining my fountains first. 
    For me, though, what I am making is to go with my amusement park area. 
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    ^ cool hot rods!
    sweetness34
    I was building this last night:

My other half bought it - we have lots of fond memories of eating there...
    chrisalddinMattDawsonbandit778tallblocktookiki180703
    And here it is, built:

Also, apparently I'm a No. 1 Dad :-)
    chrisalddintallblocktookiki180703
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    Can anybody guess?
    hint: I anticipate to have it finished in real bricks by September 27th. ;)
    matticus_bricks
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    @Thoughtsonblocks Just as an exercise in pointlessness, and as I was at a loose end last night, I was putting together an LDD of your model, so thanks for posting those extra pics! They helped with a couple of minor bits that I couldn't quite make out in the originals. :-)
    chrisalddin
    No problem @JudgeChuck ! I mean to do something more interesting with colors and tile patterns for the sidewalk portion inside the park and possibly expand the walls back (I used up most of my mediocre profile/masonry brick selection to build this, so I ordered some more).  I also want to add some lamps in the interior area.   @tamamahm How many fountains are you combining?  I love the idea of using it as a centerpiece for an amusement park, especially since I have both the current amusement park creator sets.  I look forward to seeing some pictures of it!
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    omg.

those hot-rods look boss!
    sweetness34
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Can anybody guess?
    hint: I anticipate to have it finished in real bricks by September 27th. ;)
    It's Finn and Jake's Treefort! :)
    bobabricksThoughtsonblockskiki180703
    I moved the Park/Fountain set onto my actual layout, made it a bit bigger (added one more masonry brick to each wall), added pillars with lamps to the ends of the two side walls and red did the path to look better and added in a bit of color.  Now I need to detail it and add in some plants etc.  

chrisalddinJudgeChuckbandit778JooTogtallblocktoocatwranglerbrumeyKingAlanI
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,904

Thought I would mix it up a bit with my building over the weekend.

#42038 'B' model was a good little build but was more like a creator build out of Technic bricks than a full on functional build. Preferred the look of this to the 'A' model but am looking forward to pulling this apart and comparing the two builds.

#60078 Utility Shuttle was a very basic build compared to the sets that I normally buy but I liked the astronauts and it was in a clearance bin for next to nothing.

#75093 exceeded my expectations, this is a great little play or display set with everything you need for the epic final duel. for the price point on this set I personally don't think that TLG could have made it much better and it will definitely be one that comes out on regular occasions.

chrisalddincatwranglertallblocktoo
    No problem @JudgeChuck ! I mean to do something more interesting with colors and tile patterns for the sidewalk portion inside the park and possibly expand the walls back (I used up most of my mediocre profile/masonry brick selection to build this, so I ordered some more).  I also want to add some lamps in the interior area.   @tamamahm How many fountains are you combining?  I love the idea of using it as a centerpiece for an amusement park, especially since I have both the current amusement park creator sets.  I look forward to seeing some pictures of it!
    I am playing with two sets as the other people have done that have posted fountain versions of there. When it gets finished I will post. We have been focusing on finishing the Ferris Wheel. It is such a lovely set, but we had a few technical difficulties.
    The flat green pieces for the base were a pain to connect without popping off. I had to do this part for my 9 year old who never has issues building. 
    We missed the crazy direction on page 49 to push the sides of the ramps apart to allow the ramp to operate properly. I can not believe that was actually a direction.
    Our Ferris wheel is a bit finicky and at times the Ferris wheel carts swipe the ramp as it rotates. 

We have it working 'okay' but it is still a bit finicky.
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,376
    @tamamahm It is very finicky. Don't leave the rubber bands pulling against the supports when you're not turning it. If you push in on the sides where it connects at the hub that might help the cars not hit the ramp.

Mine's going to a show this weekend, I hope it behaves.
    @matticus_bricks got it right! The hardest part of LDD is figuring out if the pieces you use actually exist...

this is is what I'm using as a reference, there's a few variations of this tree.

Here is the second update. Roofing is pretty tricky in LDD but I'm satisfied thus far. Can't wait to get to the easy treetop bit.

matticus_bricksThoughtsonblockskiki180703catwrangler
    edited June 2016
    i know nothing bout the story. ninjas and dragons ...
    didnt quite nail the stickers on the tan slopes. got frustrated and stopped putting the other stickers on. the red flag is aligned perfectly tough

clouse army wip.
    chrisalddinPeteM
    I dig it!  Well done sir!
    Ma'am is more accurate, but thanks! :-) I am particularly happy with the fountain area and the modularity. 
    bandit778kiki180703SumoLego
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    This is tempting me to build rather than sell the Fountain I have left, and making me more interested in Fun in the Park. Should get to a few other small builds this weekend - Olivia's Exploration Car, Wedding Favor Set. And the actual archery part of Adventure Camp Archery. Bricklinking the rest of that. Parting out Heartlake Hair Salon, but keeping Natasha as a different minidoll for my Friends display.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    I'm currently building the chassis for this beauty, and realising the gearing is off...
    Bumblepantskiki180703bobabrickscatwrangler
    My son really wants me to rebuild this:

So who am I to argue? :-)
    MattDawsonSeanTheCollectorGothamConstructionCoSprinkleOttercatwrangler
    This was the first time I ever saw this kind of piece:

Clear plastic so you could see the gears! I have no modern Technic y'see?
    catwrangler
    I don't remember these rubber bands being so blooming awkward!

The ones at the back aren't anywhere near as bad!
    SprinkleOtter
    And we're done:

Two pieces missing, and the cockpit canopy doesn't stay down without an extra bit to hold it there, but I like it, and my youngest's opinion? "This is awesome!"

Now to build Yoda's hut...
    tallblocktoo
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Built Flama #70339 earlier, not interested in Nexo knights on the whole but love the Ultimate baddies
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    I just finished building the Fairground Mixer and it's awesome! It has tons of minifigures and a lot of play features. A definite recommendation from me to get while it's still available at retail!
    tallblocktoo
    Called it a night at 1,500 pieces. I'm sure it will go over 2,000 which I wasn't hoping for, for the sake of my wallet.

MattDawsonBumblepantscatwranglertallblocktoomonstblitz
  • mjs5610mjs5610 Member Posts: 11
    Built 75094- Imperial Shuttle…. I don't know if i did something wrong but does anyone else find that the wings just flop down when the shuttle is picked up?
    Just finished bag 1 of the Big Ben. It's a wonderful building experience so far! It also looks very nice! 

bandit778chrisalddintallblocktoocatwrangler
    mjs5610 said:
    Built 75094- Imperial Shuttle…. I don't know if i did something wrong but does anyone else find that the wings just flop down when the shuttle is picked up?
    Hi @mjs5610 - there's either an issue with something you've done on pages 20-21 or on pages 124/125 and 132/133.
    @tamamahm many apologies!  Also, I will have to revisit my ferris wheel, I think I ran into a similar issue and dont remember the steps from the instructions your talking about, so that very well may be my problem!  

@MaffyD that Xwing set was the first set I bought as an adult after leaving my dark age.  It sat on a shelf displayed with the Tie FIghter that came out about the same time and the early Slave I, and they all got so dusty they looked awful.  I through them in storage and they ended up in my attic forgotten until just last week, when I stumbled up them in all their quarter inch of dust covered glory.  I ended up tearing the X-wing down, washing the whole thing and rebuilding it last week, so I thought it was funny when I saw your post fly by on here with the same model!  

@mmozzano Simply put, that fountain/garden combo is spectacular!  Absolutely top notch work!  I hope to see it sometime in actual brick form!  

We could practically start an un-official build contest around the Fountain set at this rate! 
    MaffyD
    Finally finished the beautiful Big Ben after about 10-11 hours of building! The building of the tower was a bit repetitive but it gave a wonderful result.

tallblocktoobandit778chrisalddinSumoLegoBrickDancerMaffyDMegtheCat
    Got the living room and bedroom finished! Next update I anticipate to have the digital version finished.

brumeyVorpalRyukiki180703monstblitzPenkid11tallblocktoo
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    @bobabricks, so, looking forward to getting the minifigs from the Dimensions packs? You'll have to let us know how much it costs you to BL it... Just hoping James doesn't see any of these posts when he's in the kitchen, he'll probably want to build one too.
    VorpalRyu said:
    @bobabricks, so, looking forward to getting the minifigs from the Dimensions packs? You'll have to let us know how much it costs you to BL it... Just hoping James doesn't see any of these posts when he's in the kitchen, he'll probably want to build one too.
    @VorpalRyu Yes, I have honestly wanted Adventure Time sets since the show started! I was really hoping the treefort on Cuusoo a few years back would make it. I still need to get the parts list somehow and make sure every part exists. I do know that I need ONE 1x1 dark orange plate which is a non-production part that runs for $6. Hopefully nothing more like that in great quantities. I'm a bit nervous about the 2x2 green domes and the 1x2x5 green bricks.

If you would like I can send you the LDD file after I've finished.
    VorpalRyu
    I have just finished building the Mini Cooper after about 3-4 hours of building! This was nothing compared to the build of the Big Ben. However, it was quite a fun building process and it was very satisfying to see the result.

mldj77bandit778chrisalddinTheOriginalSimonBtallblocktoo
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231

If you would like I can send you the LDD file after I've finished.
    That would be awesome, if I ever post any MOCs you're interested in grabbing a look at, let me know if I don't put it up on my BrickSafe account. It's currently http://bricksafe.com/pages/Vorpal/
    bobabricks
    Finally finished the digital version. I was actually able to fit all of the correct rooms in all of the correct locations! Coming in at 2,315 pieces, this bad boy is not gonna be cheap to BL, ha ha. This'll definitely be a fun summer project trying to piece it together. Does anybody know how to get a parts list from a LDD file?

tallblocktooBuriedinBricksLegoPegasister2015catwranglertecjam
    edited June 2016
    export to xml. open it with new bricklink in web browser
    bobabricks