Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney CMF

Comments

• black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    CM4S said:
    CM4S said:
    ^ You still haven't found any in your part of MN? That really sucks.. I got them in MN in mid April. 
    I found 6 yesterday at the Lego store and that's it. 
    I was there on the 5th and they had nothing if I remember correctly. Try again? 
    Lego store isn't getting anymore in for the foreseeable future. At least that's what I was told by the manager.
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    ^I was told this as well last week and this week they are definitely sold out at the local Lego Store.  However I see Lego Shop online for Canada now has them listed as temporarily out of stock where as they had been listed as sold out!  Ha Lego and its mysterious ways!
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,802
    Toys R Us in Milford, CT had a nearly full box on Saturday. Local Target has Series 15 on display
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 682
    Think I just finished off 3 full sets.  A lot of work....Wish I had just bought a box from @MinifiguresPlus when they first offered them.  
    So, are there instances where we could buy a full box? Or we could have. 
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,010
    ^They had both full sets and boxes for pre-order. The price was good. Just didn't pull the trigger. 
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    MrJ_NY said:
    I met a woman in TRU who's friend in UK had bought 157 random packs an still had not found a Chesire Cat.....
    Purrr... Purrr... "Every adventure requires a first step."  Chesire Cat.

As you can see from my avatar I have a sweet spot for the Chesire Cat so I'm glad you took the 'steps' to help a fellow LEGO fan and found a Chesire Cat for her.  Awesome!
    MrJ_NYSumoLego
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    bought a cheshire cat on bricklink. fig only listing. got the whole deal. code and base included!
    cloaked7
    ^They had both full sets and boxes for pre-order. The price was good. Just didn't pull the trigger. 
    Lesson learned, I guess, even for me. Now I know for next time.

Do you usually buy the whole boxes?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Came out of my Lego hibernation and picked up almost 50 packets randomly from 3 picked over boxes. Not a single Minnie or Alice in the bunch. 
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,010
    josekalel said:
    Lesson learned, I guess, even for me. Now I know for next time.

Do you usually buy the whole boxes?
    No I don't.  I stopped trying to get the whole set of them a long time ago.  Mostly get the girls for my daughter and the ones my son thinks are cool.  Feel method at the store isn't too bad if you aren't trying to get a whole set.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    edited June 2016
    legobod said:
    ^ I actually see a lot more people wearing Barcelona shirts day to day here in California than any other sports team. As by far the World's most popular sport it's surprising TLG hasn't picked up a license for any teams or leagues, especially the Premier league or La Liga.
    Hopefully if TLG picks up a licence, it will be for Liverpool. My dad's not a Lego fan, but LFC minifigs for a birthday or christmas present would be a great follow up for the Beatles: Yellow Submarine Ideas set. So glad the Beatles got picked, now we'll have to brace ourselves for the inevitable onslaught of band/musician Ideas projects.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 331
    ^ Too right it better be Liverpool! Actually going to go see them on their preseason tour at the Rose bowl, near LA I believe. Was great seeing the support they got in Australia a few years ago, 95,000+ in Melbourne singing You'll never walk alone, awesome.
    VorpalRyu
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited June 2016
    ^That'd be 95,000+ disappointed people when they realised that Aussie rules do, infact, make quite a bit of difference.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,937
    This thread sure took a hard left turn.
    edited June 2016
    ^ Yeah, those football (soccer) players are very agile.  They can turn on a dime!  :-)   Or, are we now talking about the Beatles?  Or Australia?  As usual, I'm confused.
    i was wearing a beatles shirt when goin out on saturday.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 331
    MattsWhat said:
    ^That'd be 95,000+ disappointed people when they realised that Aussie rules do, infact, make quite a bit of difference.

Now that kind of football looks pretty crazy, I'll stick to FIFA rules football.

Was just thinking I'd love for them to include Wall e and Eve in a future series but Wall e especially would end up as more of a minibuild than a minifigure so can't see it happening. Hopefully will get Jafar and Jasmine to go with Aladdin and the Genie though
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    ^ Tinkerbell, Beast, 2 more Incredibles (a bag with just the poster and the plate for Violet in disguise), Robin Hood (just a new head for Peter Pan's body?), Rapunzel (new, very long hair mold), and apprentice mickey (of course).

Or... a series with just animals being animals (I'm thinking dog / Scooby-doo type of figures): Bolt, Lady and the Tramp, Dumbo, Bambi, Simba and Scar.
    catwranglerkiki180703
    Just went to the Walmart that's less than four miles away from my house and they had an almost brand new box! I still cannot pick Buzz but I'm sure I got Ariel. Will post pictures later. 
    Two Ariels and two Ursulas (I already had one)...I'm keeping Ariel, giving one of each to my friend, and thinking of returning the other Ursula, even though she is a cool figure.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,129
    Such a PITA to find these....and when I did, the packages were felt-up good by the pervs.  I ordered two boxes on eBay to save my time which was worth it.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    josekalel said:
    Just went to the Walmart that's less than four miles away from my house and they had an almost brand new box! I still cannot pick Buzz but I'm sure I got Ariel. Will post pictures later. 
    The detachable wings are the key.

Remember: THE WINGS
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Any chances to get these locally are gone, TRU, Big W, Target, Kmart, none will be restocking... Damn it!
    1265 said:
    Such a PITA to find these....and when I did, the packages were felt-up good by the pervs.  I ordered two boxes on eBay to save my time which was worth it.
    This is what I will do next time. 
    The detachable wings are the key.

Remember: THE WINGS
    Honestly, I do not know how to 'feel' them (I can't believe I have been fondling LEGO packets), but found the 'dot' codes so I might try that and then verify via the 'feeling' tactic. 
    ^They feel like a 2x2 tile but not exactly. 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,075
    @josekalel Ariel has a diamond, it's really small and if you shake the bag a bit you should be able to get it in one if the corners. Also she's got a big smooth piece (her hair) and the tail is quite smooth as well.

Whereas the big piece in buzz is quite blocky and sharp. His helmet is smooth but only que small (only about a quarter of a cylinder). Then like mentioned above the two wing pieces are quite small but very distinct, flat with a bump at the end and a pin to insert it at the other end.

If you do use dot codes, make sure you use the right batch code because there are differences.

Good luck!
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Careful, Maleficent also has a jewel and a non-legs leg piece.  Ariel is best to look for the clam, it's super obvious.  Buzz is easy, his wings feel like his wings and his visor feels like his visor.
    I found Ariel's tail fin to be the easiest way to tell it's her.  It is a big, unique piece.  I found it easy to tell it apart from the Maleficent bottom section.
    TXLegoguy77ncaachamps
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    I find Buzz by picking out the bulkier packets. From there it's easy to tell them apart. You either have Hook - massive head piece/hat, Ariel - fish tail. The slight challenge is Ursula vs Buzz - they both have parts that wrap around the torso. Check for lack of tentacles to rule out Ursula then confirm with the wing pieces.

By ruling out all the slim packets, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to feel him out of a complete box 
    MrJ_NY
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,937
    There's a challenge identifying Ursula vs anything?  That doesn't seem possible.
    SumoLegoTXLegoguy
    i know i am late to the party!
    but i also will be getting a full set!  yay  :)
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 3,003
    There's a challenge identifying Ursula vs anything?  That doesn't seem possible.
    I've heard some accounts from people who have had a hard time telling her legs piece apart from Hook's hat (both being rather large, bulbous pieces).
    SumoLego
    I agree with that. The trident is how I distinguish Ursula.   
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    Just feel for Ursula's tentacles. She's pretty easy to identify. 
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    ^Now you tell me. All this time I've been feeling for Hook's tentacles.
    77ncaachamps
    Thank you all for your comments! I used the 'dot code' guide to find Buzz, it was easier than I imagined without having to 'fondle' that many packages. I was then able to 'feel' Buzz's wings, which were smaller than I expected (to be honest, the whole figure is a bit underwhelming).

The box was still kinda full, maybe with about 40 give or take, and I bought five packets (two Buzz for sure). I was surprised that the box was not empty, which is my gain.

I do not think I will be getting more, since I have already spent more than I have with other sets (hey, yesterday I also got LEGO 8084 for $2!!), and there's another set that I would like to get, but I'm looking forward for the next batch!
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 722
    Went searching for these figures over the weekend all I found was an empty box of them and a display of series 14 dang it!
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,093
    Diz figs will finally be available in Germany in September :-) 

Photo: Juli-Dezember 2016 catalogue. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    ^Now you tell me. All this time I've been feeling for Hook's tentacles.
    That's not a tentacle... that's a large, bulbous piece.
    Aanchir said:

...(both being rather large, bulbous pieces)...
    Yeah, it is.
    I've become a wh*r* for these things...today I got Mickey, Donald, the Alien, and another Maleficent...I think she might be my favorite of them all...the cape might be it. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHBWQWEBBF_/?taken-by=mistermoncivais
    snowhitieAllBrickRsa33MrJ_NY
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,040
    josekalel said:
    I've become a wh*r* for these things...today I got Mickey, Donald, the Alien, and another Maleficent...I think she might be my favorite of them all...the cape might be it. 

there are good odds that this will now be in my nightmares.
    Maleficent would be way more evil then Darth Vader.
    Rsa33
    josekalel said:

there are good odds that this will now be in my nightmares.
    Maleficent would be way more evil then Darth Vader.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,370
    Legopants said:
    Diz figs will finally be available in Germany in September :-) 

Photo: Juli-Dezember 2016 catalogue. 

Actually, that is for Series 16... :)
    edited June 2016
    @CM4S - You're right! July. Even better :-) 

SumoLegokiki180703CM4SBricklover18
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    ^ I was hoping everyone would be wearing lederhosen.  

Bah.
    josekalelkiki180703

^ Sadly not.

Apparently those available in France are all wearing berets and carrying a baguette though ;-)

Bricklover18SumoLegokiki180703
  • dammagededdiedammagededdie illinoisMember Posts: 1
    edited June 2016
    Been picking up quite a few of these for my kids. We all really enjoy them.  We finally hit some doubles. Been getting them from Walmart. Let me know if anyone is interested. I have 2 extra genies, 1 Alien, and 1 Syndrome. 

Glad to finally be on these boards!
    catwrangler
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,493
    I know he may sound boring but, I'm hoping there will be a Carl Fredricksen figure, the old man from Up. A balloon or his walking aid would make good accessories.

Snow White would be another paired up in the set with the wicked witch or a dwarf or seven.

Would Basil the great mouse detective be possible? 

Mike Wazowski.

josekalelsnowhitiekiki180703catwrangler
    AllBrick said:
    I know he may sound boring but, I'm hoping there will be a Carl Fredricksen figure, the old man from Up. A balloon or his walking aid would make good accessories.

Snow White would be another paired up in the set with the wicked witch or a dwarf or seven.

Would Basil the great mouse detective be possible? 

Mike Wazowski.

I think those would be great for series 2. Honestly, if you think about it, even with Disney's huge canon, there are still not that many characters that would make good Lego figures. My next choices are:
    • Goofy
    • Snow White/Evil Queen
    • Baloo/Mowgli
    • Beauty/Beast
    • Woody/Jessie
    • Winnie the Pooh/Christopher Robin
    • Roger Rabbit?
    I still have not finished collecting all of series 1, but now I think it's more possible than ever. I'll just be missing Aladdin and the Genie, as well as the pink cat from Alice. Oh, and more pics to come. ;)
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 722
    So far I'm missing Alice, Aladdin, and the green alien guy.