Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What would you like to see out of SDCC 2016

Brick_BreakdownBrick_Breakdown TorontoMember Posts: 90
edited May 2016 in Collecting
So SDCC 2016 is in 2 months. Probably leaks for the SDCC exclusive will be here in a month, Id like to see what you guys are looking/hoping for out San Diego Comic Con 2016 

Here are few things I'd like to see 

Marvel 

Minifigures 
Iron Man Mark 1 
Daredevil 
Jessica Jones (Jewels) 
Jane Foster (Female thor) 

Sets
Bifröst (with heimdale figure) 
Odins Throne 
Iron man signing registration act (with Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross minifigure)
Stan Lee Hulk Buster (with Stan Lee) 

DC Comics

Minifigures
Black Canary 
Liv Moore (iZombie) 
Red Lantern Supergirl 
Chris Nolan Catwoman (Dark Knight Trilogy) 
Zantanna 
Power Girl 

Sets
Batman v superman scene where batman is about to stab superman with spear surrounded by rubble.

So what would you guys like to see?

Comments

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    I hope there's a LEGO Ninjago panel, and that they put it on YouTube like they did last year! It's neat getting to see concept art and hear the creators talk about the show and answer questions from fans.

New set reveals I would enjoy seeing could include the Rogue One buildable figures, and maybe a LEGO Batman Movie set. In fact, if we're lucky we might even get a new trailer and other reveals for The LEGO Batman Movie. A reveal of the new Death Star set could also be interesting, though I'm not sure if it's realistic to expect that.

In terms of exclusives, another exclusive Bionicle mask recolor like last year could be cool, especially since the aftermarket value for those tends to be more forgiving than for exclusive licensed minifigures. Licensed figs I'm not picky about, because I don't really collect licensed themes. Ideally something people won't complain too much about, but I know that'd never happen. An exclusive fig from one of the themes I collect is unlikely this year, though might be a possibility next year what with the LEGO Ninjago movie coming in September 2017.

Info on the future of LEGO Dimensions could be cool too, though we will probably already have gotten some news about that at E3. Maybe they'll do like they did last year and announce their future plans at E3 and then let people try out the new packs during SDCC.
  • Brick_BreakdownBrick_Breakdown TorontoMember Posts: 90
    edited May 2016
    CCC said:
    'Exclusives' that all turn out to be in regular sets too within six months.
    I haven't seen zur en arrh, the collector, Sam Wilson captain America or arsenal in any sets, could you please tell me which sets? :P
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,592
    They haven't. That's why I'd like to see 'exclusives' that end up coming in regular sets. They have done in the past, Bilbo, Azog, Superman, etc.
    edited May 2016
    CCC said:
    They haven't. That's why I'd like to see 'exclusives' that end up coming in regular sets. They have done in the past, Bilbo, Azog, Superman, etc.
    Oh but that would defeat the purpose of the sdcc exclusives and make the Lego booth seem a little boring and unattractive to sdcc attendees. Lego is at sdcc for marketing reasons by attracting big crowds they sell product that are at the sdcc Lego store as well as attracting new collectors into collecting.

I think they got a good mix going 1500 of 2 exclusive figures and 2 exclusive sets. At least it isn't as bad as the 2013 figures :/ 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,306
    CCC said:
    Oh but that would defeat the purpose of the sdcc exclusives and make the Lego booth seem a little boring and unattractive to sdcc attendees. Lego is at sdcc for marketing reasons by attracting big crowds they sell product that are at the sdcc Lego store as well as attracting new collectors into collecting.

I think they got a good mix going 1500 of 2 exclusive figures and 2 exclusive sets. At least it isn't as bad as the 2013 figures :/ 
    Unfortunately a good amount of those going to get the exclusives do it solely to pay off their over priced SDCC tickets; nothing more. Many are not fans of LEGO, heck they may not be fans of the characters either for that matter, but they are a fan of flipping them for a quick buck. Then you have those who are fans trying to get another of them (presumably not caring that they are taking from someone else who went to the con to try to get one) just so they can flip them. Whether that is 'right' or not is another argument for another time.

I want to see LEGO end this practice of taking desirable characters and making them limited for one convention in the world. Either put in characters that will be made in a year or two time, or use somewhat minor characters or minor variants (similar to what they did last year with Ultron), OR at least go to every major convention in the world with these same promos to ensure those not near San Diego one time of the year (or within affordable driving/flying distance to there) can actually have a chance to get these and not have to pay some guy 500 USD for one of ones they want.
    legomyeggosDedgeckoDarthMorlpharmjodVorpalRyu
    edited May 2016
    CCC said:

Unfortunately a good amount of those going to get the exclusives do it solely to pay off their over priced SDCC tickets; nothing more. Many are not fans of LEGO, heck they may not be fans of the characters either for that matter, but they are a fan of flipping them for a quick buck. Then you have those who are fans trying to get another of them (presumably not caring that they are taking from someone else who went to the con to try to get one) just so they can flip them. Whether that is 'right' or not is another argument for another time.

I want to see LEGO end this practice of taking desirable characters and making them limited for one convention in the world. Either put in characters that will be made in a year or two time, or use somewhat minor characters or minor variants (similar to what they did last year with Ultron), OR at least go to every major convention in the world with these same promos to ensure those not near San Diego one time of the year (or within affordable driving/flying distance to there) can actually have a chance to get these and not have to pay some guy 500 USD for one of ones they want.
    Ultron wasn't exclusive, it may seem like a lot of them are sold but to be honest a few hundred being sold is only a quarter. Yes people grab them for a quick buck but that doesn't mean that the majority who enjoy the comic con exclusive should suffer. I know 2 people who started collecting Lego after getting con exclusives it draws thousands of people to there booth which allows Lego to pump product in droves while giving them a platform to release the new Lego ideas set. If it wasn't worth it Lego wouldn't spend the capital to create new ip for these figures and sets. 

anyhow this thread isn't for arguing if you agree with sdcc exclusives but to see what people would like to see out of sdcc 2016
  • legomyeggoslegomyeggos Member Posts: 36

I COULDN"T EVEN GET TICKETS THIS YEAR...PRESALE AND PUBLIC...GRRRRRRRRR!!!

but yes...I would also like Lego to end that practice...of the 5000 people in line at last year's Lego line in SDCC...about 4900 resold it on ebay...

also...green arrow in a polybag?!?!?  sell that SDCC green arrow fast!!!

edited May 2016

I COULDN"T EVEN GET TICKETS THIS YEAR...PRESALE AND PUBLIC...GRRRRRRRRR!!!

but yes...I would also like Lego to end that practice...of the 5000 people in line at last year's Lego line in SDCC...about 4900 resold it on ebay...

also...green arrow in a polybag?!?!?  sell that SDCC green arrow fast!!!

It's no where near that bad look at ebay when sdcc 16 comes around you'll see 300 of them hit the market out the 1500. As far as green arrow poly it's the same one from darkseid invasion making the sdcc green arrow torso, face and leg print still exclusive 
    So am I the only one who looks forward to any aspects of the convention OTHER than the exclusives? I mean I can see why LEGO makes them if they're the only thing they can do that gets people talking…
    Aanchir said:
    So am I the only one who looks forward to any aspects of the convention OTHER than the exclusives? I mean I can see why LEGO makes them if they're the only thing they can do that gets people talking…
    I love the new movie trailers, signings, new Lego ideas, new game trials, seeing the cosplay the con is fun, I'm just talking about the exclusives because this is a Lego forum, and the main draw for the Lego side is the exclusives 
  • "Luke doesn't play a big role in the new Star Wars" --> Exclusive to SDCC --> #rekt
    Brick_Breakdownkiki180703
    NavyAsk said:
    "Luke doesn't play a big role in the new Star Wars" --> Exclusive to SDCC --> #rekt
    Oh, never thought about that could be an exclusive con set, good news is if it hits as a set that figure could come in a poly later 
    edited May 2016
    Aanchir said:
    I love the new movie trailers, signings, new Lego ideas, new game trials, seeing the cosplay the con is fun, I'm just talking about the exclusives because this is a Lego forum, and the main draw for the Lego side is the exclusives 
    Apparently so. I mean, all these people talk about wanting LEGO to stop doing exclusives at Comic-Cons, but when the NYCC 2014 giveaway was just an exclusive Bionicle mask and the NYCC 2015 giveaway was a Nexo Knights poster, the reaction here on the Brickset Forums was a resounding "meh", along with worries from people who got to attend that Mega Bloks was making a better impression at the event than LEGO was (because remember, LEGO isn't just seeking attention, they're COMPETING for attention). With that in mind, is it any surprise that LEGO would rather have exclusives at SDCC that grab the attention of both the people there and the people at home, rather than giveaways that leave both groups disinterested/underwhelmed?
    Aanchir said… 
    Apparently so. I mean, all these people talk about wanting LEGO to stop doing exclusives at Comic-Cons, but when the NYCC 2014 giveaway was just an exclusive Bionicle mask and the NYCC 2015 giveaway was a Nexo Knights poster, the reaction here on the Brickset Forums was a resounding "meh", along with worries from people who got to attend that Mega Bloks was making a better impression at the event than LEGO was (because remember, LEGO isn't just seeking attention, they're COMPETING for attention). With that in mind, is it any surprise that LEGO would rather have exclusives at SDCC that grab the attention of both the people there and the people at home, rather than giveaways that leave both groups disinterested/underwhelmed?

I don't like mega blocks but everybody was telling me to check it out for the halo exclusive I don't have much care for halo or megablocks so I didn't go but it was attracting big crowds 
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 339
    I was able to go last year and get the Dagobah and Superman sets. I won't be able to go this year, and I know they will have some amazing Star Wars that I will be kicking myself for not being able to get (isn't that always how it goes?)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,306
    edited May 2016
    CCC said:

Ultron wasn't exclusive, it may seem like a lot of them are sold but to be honest a few hundred being sold is only a quarter. Yes people grab them for a quick buck but that doesn't mean that the majority who enjoy the comic con exclusive should suffer. I know 2 people who started collecting Lego after getting con exclusives it draws thousands of people to there booth which allows Lego to pump product in droves while giving them a platform to release the new Lego ideas set. If it wasn't worth it Lego wouldn't spend the capital to create new ip for these figures and sets. 

anyhow this thread isn't for arguing if you agree with sdcc exclusives but to see what people would like to see out of sdcc 2016
    Last I checked you wanted to know what I wanted to see and I provided an answer. Sorry if you do not like the answer, but it is what I would like to see out of it.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,592
    Aanchir said:
    Possibly. Any news that comes out of a comic con will come out anyway, it is not much difference hearing it on the internet from lego or hearing it on the internet from a convention goer. Is it much different to hear it first hand?

I imagine getting to question designers is more fulfilling than talking to people hired just for an event.
    Brick_Breakdownkiki180703
    CCC said:
    Aanchir said:
    Possibly. Any news that comes out of a comic con will come out anyway, it is not much difference hearing it on the internet from lego or hearing it on the internet from a convention goer. Is it much different to hear it first hand?

I imagine getting to question designers is more fulfilling than talking to people hired just for an event.
    As far as everything else in the booth goes, love the models but you can easily see them on the internet thru videos/photos all set sets are avaible in store you might get early access to the set but thats it, the only thing that makes it worth going to the lego booth would the sdcc exclsive sets/figs

Last I checked you wanted to know what I wanted to see and I provided an answer. Sorry if you do not like the answer, but it is what I would like to see out of it.

Fair enough but relise that lego doesn't care about collectors or there collections, some people will owns a ucs slave 1 others might not, but when it comes time where it isnt sell enough to keep it on shelfs they'll axe it. Same goes for re-releasing sets If they think enough people don't own a x wing than they will bring it back, but if they think enough people own a falcon than they wont. What Im trying to say is lego cares about its bottom line as far as the sdcc exclusives go, it increases product sales at there booth another thing is that it brings awareness to there brand and lego superheroes its mostly a marketing scheme but one that works. People have to relise that lego is a company, yes they try to please their customers but their bottom line comes first everytime. All I can say is that it must work because lego is still doing it even though they stopped NYCC and Toy fair exclusives anymore  
    CCC said:
    Aanchir said:

They sometimes do have actual designers at the LEGO panels and booth, as well as the staff behind some of the video games and TV shows. I generally don't go to these events (NYCC 2014 was an exception because I got free tickets from Eurobricks, and it was too hectic for me to really want to make plans to go again outside of special circumstances like that), but for me the news, photos and videos that come out of them still feel like "part of the event" and they're a big part of what I get excited for each year — even if a lot of it is focused on themes that I don't even collect, like Super Heroes and other licenses.

That's not to say that I don't get excited for exclusives! But it's more of an "oh cool, this exists now" (and also "oh, cool, something to report on for BZPower" since that's still the closest thing I have to a job). The only Comic Con exclusives my brother and I have gotten are the two Bionicle masks and Unikitty, though if there's a Ninjago exclusive at any point, I'll probably be keeping an eye on the prices.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    edited May 2016
    A Guardians of the Galaxy 2 teaser trailer would be straight. Ninjago movie,too. 

Superman vs. Batman DOOMSDAY: I know he was probably excluded for a good reason but the Superman vs Batman line/range feels sorta incomplete without him plus my Hulk needs a sparring buddy.

Brick_Breakdown
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    I would prefer if TLG continued to do cool sets like the micro Bag-End, Rocket's Warbird, Superman, Ultron, etc. instead of the exclusive minifigures because these have no exclusive minifigs (I think) and can be replicated/Bricklinked by people who can't afford to be there or buy them online. That way there is still a collectible item, but most people won't feel like they're missing it. I think it's really unfair that desireable minifigures like Jean Grey, Spider-Woman and Sam Wilson Captain America, to name a few, become inaccessible to the general public in this way. I'm not just thinking of adult collectors, but of children as well who most likely can't access these rare minfigs. 

That being said, I would also be really thrilled to see Daredevil and Jessica Jones minifigures, at least to know they exist. Also, a classic Baron Zemo would be really cool in recognition of the character's appearance in Civil War. 
    Brick_Breakdowncatwranglerbandit778Mynatt
    edited May 2016
    @matticus_bricks
     Oh Classic Baron Zemo in the original purple costume would be an awesome figure 

@Legopassion8
    Thats interesting we haven't gotten any exclusive big figs before definitely dooms day and abomination would be amazing figures to have 

Heres a list of other figures that were suggested in another forum 
    Apocalypse 
    Mistique 
    Beast 
    angel 
    Nightcrawler 
    Jonah Hex 
    RIP Hunter 
    Firestorm 
    Atom 
    White Canary 
    CM4S
    ^NO MORE EXCLUSIVE MUTANTS!!!!!!
    ^NO MORE EXCLUSIVE MUTANTS!!!!!!
    To be honest the X men sentinel set hasn't sold to well from what I've heard. So I would guess that Lego isn't to incline in making many X men sets. I'd rather they make the X men figures than not at all. 
    Gwen Stacy Spider-Girl is pretty hot right now. 

Gwen Stacy Spider-Girl is pretty hot right now
    I thought about her too. That'd be an interesting figure cause they would have to a fabric hood and print the inside of her hood with the red web design she probably needs arm print as well
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    I want to see "exclusives"!  Like 250 of each.  I want them to be hard to come by and I want everyone to realize that "you can't always get what you want"

Long live the exclusives!
    Brick_Breakdownkiki180703Goldchains
    edited May 2016
    I want to see "exclusives"!  Like 250 of each.  I want them to be hard to come by and I want everyone to realize that "you can't always get what you want"

Long live the exclusives!
    Lol this is true, you can't have everything you want but a lot people with this mindset are upset because Lego doesn't rerelease a set they want, will it just ain't happening. I didn't get a bat pod but I hope they keep on doing the contests even if I don't get them because they can produce some great sets like the bat pod. I rather they produce it than not at all. 

That being said I like it 1500 because it's exclusive but somewhat attainable.

The rarest comic con figure I own is green arrow 2013, I think 2013 dc figures were not great the marvel ones were amazing tho
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    edited May 2016

Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel would be another very relevant choice. Oh, I really hope that when they finally make a Kamala Khan minifig it's in a standard set. 
    catwranglerkiki180703

Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel would be another very relevant choice. Oh, I really hope that when they finally make a Kamala Khan minifig it's in a standard set. 
    To be honest kamala khan is probably not substantive enough to be an exclusive figure she'll probably make her way into a set one year like hyperion did in the space avengejet 
    There is an all gold Superman called Superman Prime:DC One Million. Thatd be awesome. Google Golden Superman. 
    There is an all gold Superman called Superman Prime:DC One Million. Thatd be awesome. Google Golden Superman. 
    Con exclusives have been pretty detailed in the last 2 years I'd say superman prime is substantive enough nor detailed enough to be a con exclusive 
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 852
    Anyone hear rumors/know what the exclusives will be?
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 339
    Anyone going to SDCC this year? I went last year and got the Dagobah set and the Superman one. If there's a sweet Star Wars set this year, I'd be interested in trading the Superman one for that.

(Is that something I should start a new post for? I'll wait to see what's revealed for SDCC2016 before I do, though...)
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Jessica Jones.

She's so boring of a character I wouldn't even think twice about passing on her eBay listing.
    Jessica Jones.

She's so boring of a character I wouldn't even think twice about passing on her eBay listing.
    Wouldn't be upset with a jewels minifigure to be honest Jessica Jones is a little bit generic since she dresses in casual clothing. 
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,252
    Typically, news about SDCC comes out today or within the next week. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer this year.
    samiam391 said:
    Typically, news about SDCC comes out today or within the next week. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer this year.
    I'm keeping an eye on the sdcc blog because it was about the same time last year that we were hearing the news about sdcc exclusives. I got a good feelings about the figures. 
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^I have a feeling too, like every year before. But it's more along the lines of 'breathless trepidation and dread'.

The only thing I wish for is >2K minimum release per exclusive, whatever they may be.
    I'm hoping no super heroes stuff. My wallet needs a break
    SumoLegochuckp
    ^I have a feeling too, like every year before. But it's more along the lines of 'breathless trepidation and dread'.

The only thing I wish for is >2K minimum release per exclusive, whatever they may be.
    My bet is they'll follow the same formula as 2014/2015, 1500 dc and marvel figures and 1500 dc, marvel and Star Wars sets. 

Also don't get the "breathless trepidation and dread" reference. Is that a reference to Trigon from DC 
    ^No fancy reference other than "Brace the wallet for the annual pillaging because it's SDCC time" A spill over effect of what the 2013 SDCC series did to me, from which I'm still aching 3 years later.
    SumoLego
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    more dimensions packs shown off so i can see what the fig will look like in real life 
    Legopassion8
    ^No fancy reference other than "Brace the wallet for the annual pillaging because it's SDCC time" A spill over effect of what the 2013 SDCC series did to me, from which I'm still aching 3 years later.
    I can feel you I recently got green arrow and black superman, I got it significantly cheaper than eBay but still very expensive. I got my eyes out for spiderman/woman now :/ . 

dragon114 said:
    more dimensions packs shown off so i can see what the fig will look like in real life 
    definitely want to see these figs irl, especially the goonies, sonic and teen titans go (hate the show but I need a raven Mf and it's been confirmed through dimensions ;) ) 
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    I'd like to see people shut up about it.
    Rainstorm26FurrysaurusCM4S
    Are any of the dimensions figs new figs not in the super heroes line?
    Drmnez said:
    Yes, there's is a new varient of beast boy differ t from joker land and most importantly raven is going to be released in a pack! 

Those are the 2 that have been announced so far. The raven has been a figure I've wanted forever now, I can finally have a complete teen titans!
    Drmnez
    Drmnez said:
    Superman is different from any Superman minifigure that comes in standard Super Heroes sets, but he doesn't have any unique parts — just the head from the Batman v. Superman sets with the torso, hair, and legs from the more generic "comic book" versions of Superman.

Batman uses the same torso and legs as in #76026, #76034, and #76053, but the same cape, head, and helmet as earlier versions of Batman.

Joker is the same as in #76035, although technically unique since he doesn't have a double-sided head. But his expression is identical to one of the two expressions from that set.

Wonder Woman is the same as in #6862. Cyborg and Green Arrow are the same as in #76028. Harley Quinn is the same as in #6857. Aquaman is the same as in other Super Heroes sets. Bane is the same as in #6860 except with the addition of some generic parts to construct a Venom tank for his back. Supergirl appears to be the same as in #76040 but with different (yet still common) hair.

So overall, Joker is the only one with any truly unique minifigure parts, and even then he doesn't have any unique decorations.
    Drmnez77ncaachampssidersdd
    @Drmnez and especially important is that none of the Dimensions figs come with shxxx designation.
    Drmnezbluedragon