Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Collecting certain parts only

Comments

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,281
    that droid was amazing. was it the first fig with printed legs? and maybe also with non-yellow head?
    catwrangler
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    DeMontes said:
    I collect HEADS....but not in a macabre way.

This is great, I might start collecting heads too! For some reason the closed stud on the yellow head aggravates my OCD though...
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 532
    @workshybum yes, I have rectified that and filled the gaps :-)

I'll line them up for take 2 !
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    DeMontes said:
    @workshybum yes, I have rectified that and filled the gaps :-)

I'll line them up for take 2 !
    Haha, nice. I love anything minifigure and this seems like it might keep me occupied for a while! I also like the monochrome figure idea, but I just wouldn't know where to start. Curse this thread, giving me ideas!

Are all of these plain heads as standard and is there a different part number for the solid colours vs the transparents? Brickset only shows me the transparent colours.

I can see this consuming me for quite some time. Royal Mail are going to love me with all my bricklink orders coming their way.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 888

Are all of these plain heads as standard and is there a different part number for the solid colours vs the transparents? Brickset only shows me the transparent colours.

You can export the Brickset database to rebrickable and work from there. 

It allows you to see the different prints and also different molds (where applicable). 
    workshybum
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 888
    Fauch said:
    that droid was amazing. was it the first fig with printed legs? and maybe also with non-yellow head?
    It was released in 1994 under the Space Spyrius theme and indeed looks to be the first with printed legs. 
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    ^ Why is that?
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2016
    ^^ That is odd... Is it all flags in that shade of yellow, or just some?

Edited to add:

The design information doesn't seem to imply that there's anything different with this colour:

http://brickset.com/parts/design-4495

Having said that, there are two entries for Bright Yellow, 449524 and 4593753.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited June 2016
    @JudgeChuck @SprinkleOtter @AllBrick
    It looks like the yellow flag is just older than all the others.  Bright yellow flags have only appeared in two sets since 2010 - hogwarts castle game #3862 being the obvious one to see this - and these flags are the same as all the other in the line-up above.  Earlier yellow flags go the other way, and it appears all flags from pre 2010 go the other way, look at this picture for example, the red and yellow flags are the same way (the reverse of the now standard direction):

Odd then that only the bright yellow and bright blue get two part numbers (there might be others but...).

Both these sets contain 449521, although the parts are quite clearly different.
    catwrangler
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited June 2016
    In other news, Bricklink say:
    This flag comes in two different ripple configurations which have never been distinguished by the LEGO Group. The alternate image illustrates the two types. The version on the right side of the large alternate image is the original configuration. The version on the left side was first mentioned in the BrickLink forums about the time the Knights Kingdom II sets were released.

(And bricklink also acknowledges the existance of white)

Knights Kindom II would date the change back to 2005 maybe.

JudgeChuckAllBrickcatwranglerstluxmithridate
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,093
    Interesting, thanks @MattsWhat... It does beg the question, "why?!" ;-)
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    nice trivia!
    madforLEGO
  • RebelegoRebelego Georgia, USAMember Posts: 171
    MattsWhat said:
    This flag comes in two different ripple configurations which have never been distinguished by the LEGO Group. The alternate image illustrates the two types. The version on the right side of the large alternate image is the original configuration. The version on the left side was first mentioned in the BrickLink forums about the time the Knights Kingdom II sets were released.

(And bricklink also acknowledges the existance of white)

Knights Kindom II would date the change back to 2005 maybe.

Ha! Now @AllBrick has to collect all colors in both L and R wave!
    andhebandit778AllBrickMattsWhatcatwranglerVorpalRyuherbyderby
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    Can of worms, open.

Pocket, worried.
    catwranglerVorpalRyubandit778stluxRebelegomithridate
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,755
    Wow, that flag thing's going to mess with my head now... 

MattsWhatbandit778AllBrickkiki180703KingAlanI
    I'm just glad Bricklink doesn't differentiate the flags. My poor brain has a hard enough time keeping browns straight, remembering head studs, tile grooves, slope textures...
    brumeykiki180703
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,245
    @mpfirnhaber, our youngest would love those translucent duplo flowers, where did you get them, can't find them in Brickset.
  • mpfirnhabermpfirnhaber Member Posts: 65
    edited June 2016
    VorpalRyu said:
    @mpfirnhaber, our youngest would love those translucent duplo flowers, where did you get them, can't find them in Brickset.
    Trans-light blue, trans-orange, trans-light green, and trans-dark pink were released in Princess sets that came out between 2005 and 2007. 

The trans-green and trans-clear are q-elements, never released in sets.

All are currently available on BrickLink. The BL catalog also lists trans-purple, but that's an error, the set actually contains trans-dark pink.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    MattsWhat said:
    This flag comes in two different ripple configurations which have never been distinguished by the LEGO Group.
    I think you'll find that BrickLink are overstating their case, and we simply don't know whether TLG did, and if so, how.
    Both these sets contain 449521, although the parts are quite clearly different.
    That's not necessarily true. All we know is the part you'd be sent (or might've been sent in the past) if you broke one and sought a replacement - which is a functional match, not necessarily the original piece.

For quite a while, this part was around, but nobody knew its number and various private numbers were invented. I suspect that older parts were of one type, newer ones another, and by the time the actual number was discovered the transition had been made but that number used for all.
    Our measly Duplo flower collection.

Printed 2x1 Duplo bricks.

catwranglertallblocktooKingAlanIandhe
    Jewels 
    Nice display! I'll have to borrow your idea and do something similar with some of my collections :)
    edited June 2016
    Not my idea, I'm inspired by the other pics in this thread.
    @Allbrick, one of two other collections I'm working on, just hoping TLG releases something with that gem in trans-black some time soon, I suspect @xiahna would kill me if I bought the one that is on BL currently...
    AllBrick
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    ^She doesn't like gems! 
    VorpalRyu said:
    @Allbrick, one of two other collections I'm working on, just hoping TLG releases something with that gem in trans-black some time soon, I suspect @xiahna would kill me if I bought the one that is on BL currently...
    Have it put in a ring- that would probably be your best bet at getting it.
    VorpalRyuAllBrickkiki180703
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    I don't collect certain parts as such, but I do have a bit of a thing for Original Trilogy imperial helmet variants...

tallblocktooAllBrickkiki180703catwranglerBumblepantsYodalicious
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    ^ And now I want a Sandtrooper...
    AllBrickkiki180703
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    edited June 2016
    cool

i have a thing for printed round tiles 

pizza
    vinyl  from the dj cmf and #10228 geisterhaus
    the black garmadon tiles with the red skull
    sushi
    cookies
    candy
    lock tile
    all of them ninjago snake wand tiles (only missing 1 i think, if there a 4 in sum)

also
    sausages, carrots and hot dogs (still accumulating)

and scurriers (each one 2x + all of them in "misb-form") BL-order incoming

Pics @brumey , pics. Please?
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 871
    Parrots (unless the gators get them)
    goshe7catwranglerkiki180703stluxVorpalRyuAllBricktallblocktooKingAlanI
    @DeMontes @luckyruss . Why would you both show me these things? I'm going to be in trouble and it'll be both of yours fault........ @mpfirnhaber - just spotted one of those blue Pterosaur on BL, a tad pricey if I do say. Fingers crossed that I find one somewhere, somehow...... "Fingers crossed Freddy".
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    DeMontes said:
    Um....LEGO bread? does that count as a 'complete' set :-)

Where is the magic blue pill?
    KingAlanI
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    On a serious note, take a bow guys, you guys have done a great job thinking outside the box.

These ideas are both inspirational and awesome.
    AllBrickbendybadger
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,777
    @luckyruss I see you showing off all those cypress trees! That is ~$100 worth!
    AllBrick
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Where are they in the Brickset inventory?
    http://brickset.com/parts?query=tree
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,777
    Where are they in the Brickset inventory?
    http://brickset.com/parts?query=tree
    I am guessing they are too old to be in the Brickset inventory. Bricklink has them listed here: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3778&idColor=6#T=C&C=6
    edited July 2016
    The sets in Brickset with the Cyprus tree reference the Rebrickable parts lists, so yeah, it's old.
    Exhibit A: http://brickset.com/sets/6374-1/Holiday-Home
    That set, #6374 , here for £22 +P&P complete........ http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/322180848302?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,869
    To clarify, 3001 is the part number for the 2x4 brick.
    I loved 2x2 corners as a KFOL, plates and bricks, decided against accumulating them as an AFOL.
    Saving one of each color for 1x1,1x2 and 2x4 bricks, 24 of each for 2x3s (arranged as a 8x8x3 square ring).
    DeMontes said:
    Telephone handsets and lifesaver rings/toilet seats! Need a black and bright orange telephone handset still...
    Not sure of the telephone handset part number, but life preserver is 30340. #41093 Heartlake Hair Salon has 2 in black for the handles of the scissors on the sign.
    gmonkey76 said:
    Here's my unintentional LEGO collection.
    I put new brick separators on BL for a few cents.
    Recce said:
    Someone asked for minidolls? Photo shoot from a few of the Friends sets that my daughter had opened up. I posted this in another thread previously :)
    I have some Friends sets, mainly Pop Star, and use some minidolls from sets I part out to help populate scenes in my layout.

• MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 243
     I framed a piece of sheet metal and put magnets inside each brick.
    That looks really sharp and gives me an idea for minifig display. What kind of magnets did you use?
    I used neodymium magnets. 

Good info here: https://retracile.net/blog/2013/10/13/02.45
    stluxtallblocktoomsandersbobabricks