Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Themes you hated

sonofabatmansonofabatman in the shadows...Member Posts: 34
(excluding the obvious galidore) What are lego themes that particularly got under your skin and why? 

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Jack Stone - it didn't even look as if it wanted to be Lego! I could handwave it as not, after all, designed for me, but from what I've heard it didn't do terribly well with the target market either...

And when I actually was a child I remember turning my nose up at Paradisa; I felt patronised by them thinking that girls needed our own specific Lego theme. Now I'm kicking myself because in hindsight there were some very nice sets and unusual pieces there...
  • sonofabatmansonofabatman in the shadows...Member Posts: 34
    The ones i hated were recently, i  hated the ultra agents theme. Yes, it had some interesting parts but i prefer the original agents in set and minifigure design. As a kid, i did not like city or a long time because it lacked "action" for me as a child but now i have finally started enjoying it. Although this is not one theme, i am also among many people who are tired of the "space gun for everything" pandemic that is going on in lego. Whats wrong with using the revolver peice or other gun peices

• DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 274
    Znap for me. I was 10 when it came out, parents got me a few sets and to this day I've never been sure why. Sure, System stuff was getting ridiculously juniorised at the time, but Technic was good. Why not just get me more of that?! Really never saw the appeal of Znap whatsoever.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    @DB361 I got the feeling they were trying for the K'Nex market - they seem to have seen the appeal of K'Nex as "snaps together easily, builds big models quickly", and that certainly was true of Znap, but presumably people who liked K'Nex were already buying it and didn't need an alternative...
    SprinkleOtter
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 329
    Can't say I care very much for Duplo, constraction figures, and others like Galidor/Znap/Ben Ten... but their release has never gotten under my skin or left me feeling offended.

There are no themes that I hate... just ones that do interest me.
    BumblepantsTheBigLegoskigmonkey76oldtodd33Yodalicious
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 431
    edited June 2016
    When I was 9 years old - 9v trains.

I had just been getting into collecting the wonderful 12v train system, with its remote control points, remote decoupling, remote level crossing with lights, and working signals. To see it replaced with something that was not only completely incompatible, but also vastly inferior in terms of functionality was very upsetting. Added to which the new passenger train looked dull (!) and the new station platform was made up of massive pre-formed pieces rather than 'proper Lego'.

I even went as far as to write a letter to Lego complaining - and to their credit they wrote a very nice reply telling me that spares packs would be available for another three years and included a copy of #7777 to encourage me to keep building. On the upside, I remember that a lot of the local toy shops had a big blow out of the old stock, and my parents bought up enough to keep me in birthday and Christmas presents for several years to come.

Of course now I understand why Lego did it - the track is much easier to set up, there was greater compatibility with the existing 9v system that had been around for a good few years, and it is slightly more prototypical without the middle power rail. But I still sustained a bit of a grudge against the theme, right until I plunged into my dark ages five years later...
    catwrangler
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    edited June 2016
    Can't think of a theme I hate. I never heard of Galidore before I read about it on Brickset, and I have never heard of Znap either.
    Hate is much too strong word (expressing an emotion too 'extreme') for a product/brand I like so much. Horror IMO is more accurate.

My personal Lego horror story!

As a child I had a few sets, from before 1978. Those sets had sort of rudimentary minifigs (introduced in 1975, the year I was born), with minifig heads without a face print, and one solid leg piece, and one solid upper-body piece. At first I was too young to grasp the notion that those 'real' minifigs were only introduced in 1978, and all I could think is: 'how ridiculous that Lego put these ugly deformed faceless figures in some sets when there are also these proper minifigs (with arm-, wrist-, and leg-joints, and smiley faces!). Or even better Fabuland figures!' (as a four year old kid)

I still remember how much I disliked these Lego figures. Actually I was abhorred by them. Especially by their upper bodies, and faceless heads. It was more disgust, not anger or hatred though. I associated them with lepers or 'Softenon kids'. Obviously I never saw a leper in real life as a little kid in the Netherlands (only on TV in these typical 'guilt-trip' advertorials from NGO's with the intend to raise money for projects in countries far away I had no notion of as a small child), but I thoroughly remember how disturbed I felt the first time I saw a child with deformed limbs with my own eyes when I was four or five years old. So I never liked playing with those particular Lego figures.

These are those two sets from my childhood:
    http://brickset.com/sets/149-1/Fuel-Refinery
    http://brickset.com/sets/617-1/Cowboys

Bumblepants
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 640
    edited June 2016
    chima, jack stone and all of the girls theme except for pardisa and friends
    yah chima was pretty terrible. kiddy storyline, lots of one-use pieces, the list goes on.
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    Nexo Knights...
    SumoLegoYodalicious
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    Interesting question. As some have commented above, 'hate' is too strong a word to describe the the themes which I am about to mention but they have disappointed or irritated me to varying degrees. Glider and Znap are both awful, of course, but I actually have a certain fondness for both simply because they are such bizarre instances in LEGO's history.

However, the themes which I genuinely dislike are as follows:
    • World Racers - This is an exceptionally dull theme in my opinion. Most of the models are little more than recreations of older vehicles with new colours and stickers. Moreover, the play features are very poorly implemented and the minifigures are pretty uninspired as well. The fact that World Racers seems to have been universally forgotten speaks to the quality of the theme.
    • Ben 10 - Ben 10 had the potential to expand the constraction range quite significantly but the approach taken was horrendous and the resultant models are awful. The articulation is nowhere near as good as it could be and the quality of the pieces is questionable too as the rear of each limb is left completely exposed and there are no 'bones' inside as there are with modern CCBS sets.
    • Rock Raiders - I remember looking at these sets in stores at around the age of six and not wanting them. Looking back on the range now I think the sets look very poor, with a shambolic colour scheme across the board and some bizarre vehicle forms. Rock Raiders also seems to be one of the themes which suffered most from the prolific use of large elements with limited versatility around this time.
    catwranglerAdeelZubair
    the only good thing about rock raiders is those big chrome drills imo. 
  • ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
    Going to concur with people that "hate" may be going a little overboard. That being said, however, I despise Legends of Chima. I really enjoyed Ninago's launch and the three series before its momentary cancellation after The Final Battle. Chima, I felt, was a cheap, rushed way to capitalize on the success of Ninjago's sets, collectables, and especially the TV show. Its sets were ridiculous and its episodes horrendous.

I think it speaks volumes that Chima died with a whimper and Ninjago returned with a dragon's roar.
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Hate is definitely the wrong word for this. And hopefully the topic stays friendly!

I know I am in the minority, but I do not like Ninjago one bit, but loved Chima and can appreciate Nexo Knights. Ninjago as a whole just seems incredibly blaaah to me. And I am annoyed that it is considered an evergreen theme, because it makes it very unlikely we'll see a return of the Ninja theme from Castle. Just as Castle fans are annoyed by Nexo Knights.
    nhyoneMosdvs
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,922
    There's never really been any theme I outright hate, which seems to be a common sentiment. Themes that don't appeal to me I mostly just ignore because hey, either they appeal to SOME audience, and serve a purpose that way, or else they won't be around long to bother anyone.

Mars Mission did bother me somewhat, more in terms of the story than the sets. The sets were cool but the human faction felt very morally dubious, since the aliens clearly already had an established presence on Mars and the humans really had no claim to the territory or pressing reason to interfere with the aliens' operations (unlike, say, Power Miners, where the Rock Monsters' actions underground were causing earthquakes on the surface, so both sides had pretty legitimate motivations).

The Disney Princess line also frustrates me sometimes. I have no problem with the concept, but the execution tends to be a bit lacking. I also don't like the Palace Pets brand one bit. It's a pretty blatant cash-in on brands like Littlest Pet Shop, which isn't a huge problem in and of itself. But most of the Disney Princess characters already HAVE established pets and animal friends, so making up new, more colorful ones for a spin-off feels really tacky and artificial to me.

A lot of themes from my childhood, both ones I liked and ones I didn't, feel weak in hindsight, but I don't hate them for it.

Kind of glad to hear some negative opinions on Rock Raiders, though, because while I DID really like that as a kid and still have fond memories of it, I also feel like a lot of people fail to acknowledge its flaws. I remember when Power Miners came out there were a lot of people saying Rock Raiders was better, which confused me a great deal since Power Miners generally had better monsters, builds, and functions. By comparison, Rock Raiders didn't have much going for it besides an unusually gritty color palette.
    hewman
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    Can't say I hate any LEGO theme; indifferent to a lot, though.  Hate is too strong and requires too much effort.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    Friends and Elves.  No.
    oldtodd33YodaliciousLego_Lord_Mayorca
    sorry! i didnt know that my choice of wording would cause so many comments. In the future, i will not use such strong words!
    The ting that bugs me about friends is that they 1. feel the need to have different, incompatible with lego, and 2. the dreadful color scheme that assumes everything needs to be purple and pink. 
    GreenArrow57
  • Bitsyww2Bitsyww2 Member Posts: 27
    Bellville was awful.  I will freely say that I hated it.  I'm not a huge fan of Ninjago, Chima, or Nexo but I don't hate them.  
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,551
    life on mars, with its droid-like aliens. at least UFO and Insectoids used real minifigs. and their vehicles actually looked alien. life on mars has some of the least attractive looking sets in the space theme.

Town starting from 1997 (main theme, not subthemes). I guess everyone agrees it was awful.

Star Wars (?) possible reason for Space taking a back seat for like 6 years? (or maybe that was life on mars being that bad?)
    edited June 2016
    @Fauch: I liked Life on Mars to an extent, but mostly just the mecha/robot sets and the Aero Tube Hangar. I was more or less indifferent to the sets with the human astronauts, except the really awesome printed "Vitruvian minifigure" tile some of them used. Life on Mars had probably the best mechs of any theme up to that point, and some pretty cool color schemes to boot. The builds were fairly simplistic by today's standards, but of course that could be said of most late 90s/early naughts themes. And the modular mech and base designs that let you mix and match sections or "transform" the mechs were a lot of fun.

The droid-like aliens didn't bother me either, because a) it meant getting versatile droid connector pieces in lots of cool new colors and b) they felt a lot cuter/more charming to me than the UFO and Insectoids aliens, who were kinda creepy-looking and had a lot of clutter on their torso and leg decorations. UFO and Insectoids sets may have felt pretty alien, but I only got like two or three sets from either of those themes and didn't enjoy them nearly as much as I expected to, whereas the Life on Mars stuff turned out to be a whole lot more inspiring and fun to play with.

Of course, I was 10 when the Life on Mars sets came out, so I might not have been the most discerning buyer at that time. :P
    SprinkleOttercatwrangler
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    I had stumbled onto 1 or 2 episodes of Chima while zombie watching Cartoon Network.  While it certainly wasn't great, it was a masterpiece compared to Next Knights.  A terrible show, and an even worse theme in my very humble opinion. I'm newer to the scene than most of you, so I don't know how it stacks up against prior disappointing sets but I loathe it.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I hope you are not the majority because nexo Knights are my favorite current theme 
    Mosdvs
  • Ferus_OlinFerus_Olin CanadaMember Posts: 8
    There aren't really any themes that I hate, but there are certainly some that I dislike, such as Friends, Belville and Chima. Friends and Belville used the minidolls and had a rather useless colour pallette, whereas Chima was just to juniorised and, quite frankly, weird for my personal taste.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    Aanchir said:
    @Fauch: I liked Life on Mars to an extent, but mostly just the mecha/robot sets and the Aero Tube Hangar. I was more or less indifferent to the sets with the human astronauts, except the really awesome printed "Vitruvian minifigure" tile some of them used. Life on Mars had probably the best mechs of any theme up to that point, and some pretty cool color schemes to boot. The builds were fairly simplistic by today's standards, but of course that could be said of most late 90s/early naughts themes. And the modular mech and base designs that let you mix and match sections or "transform" the mechs were a lot of fun.

The droid-like aliens didn't bother me either, because a) it meant getting versatile droid connector pieces in lots of cool new colors and b) they felt a lot cuter/more charming to me than the UFO and Insectoids aliens, who were kinda creepy-looking and had a lot of clutter on their torso and leg decorations. UFO and Insectoids sets may have felt pretty alien, but I only got like two or three sets from either of those themes and didn't enjoy them nearly as much as I expected to, whereas the Life on Mars stuff turned out to be a whole lot more inspiring and fun to play with.

Of course, I was 10 when the Life on Mars sets came out, so I might not have been the most discerning buyer at that time. :P
    I agree. The LoM Mecs hold up, even today- they even have more points of articulation, even with almost no joints available.

The "alien" minifigures up until that point didn't feel like aliens to me- just minifigures in armor/Scooby-Doo villains in masks.
    I personally am not a fan of any of the tv shows (yes, even ninjago) as i find them to be , for lack of a better word,  too childish, even my ten year old son thinks the shows to be immature in both humor and storyline. Not that i'm hating on those who enjoy them, its just my opinion.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    The Angry Birds Movie theme irritated me. This is nothing against the sets themselves (haven't paid them enough attention to pass judgement purely on their own merits). Independent of LEGO, it bothers me that we're at the stage where major motion pictures are being adapted from phone apps, so to have a LEGO theme based on a movie that's based on an app just rankles with me. 
    BumblepantsAllBrickcatwranglerBricklover18dougtsTXLegoguypharmjodYodaliciousDexscotland
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    edited June 2016
    The NHL subset of Sports was ghastly. #3542 as an example of how awful these were. I would take Jack Stone over these and that is saying something.
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Star Wars.

Hear me out; there is such a wealth of amazing SW sets both historically and currently that my self control would cease to exist after I buy my first SW set. I think I'd end up bankrupt surrounded by stormtroopers. I hate how good that theme is and how many places SW holds on my top 10 sets wanted.
    bandit778Shib
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    I hate Monster Fighters, for being so good, deleted, and now, expensive.

Clikits were annoying, not the greatest theme in TLGs arsenal.

I only really dislike themes that produce parts that aren't usable elsewhere.
    LegoboyAdeelZubairbandit778catwranglerdougts
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    cannot stand ninjago nor angry birds.  On the other hand, I liked chima for the variety of human/animal minifigures but didn't really care for the show.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    My only real 'dislike' with Lego on the whole would be the mini-dolls.
    Not necessarily the figures themselves but the fact that everything in a Friends / Elves set is built within the whole 'Lego System', but the mini-dolls then put those sets back out into a niche of their own.
    From my point of view it would have been better to have the Friends / Elves lines with standard sized mini-figs so that none of the Lego themes were segregated into what is essentially 'Girls and Boys' themes, it would have encouraged integration within normal Lego building for both sexes and would have given the female minifig population a much needed boost. (If you can have Batman and the Batmobile in a City, why not an Elf and a Purple Dragon?)
    monstblitzBitsyww2
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,695
    I'm only going to touch upon the themes I've known and seen in stores.

Legends Of Chima
    This theme started out very strong with a fantastic first wave, a notable example being #70006 - Cragger's Command Ship; however after that it lost steam very quickly and the models just looked worse and worse each wave. Possibly milking too much out of one theme; LEGO Ninjago has done it right which is why it has lasted longer, and why it will continue into next year too.

Ultra Agents
    This theme was just pure out dull, the black colour scheme didn't didn't help plus the models were very odd in the to begin with. (Coming from some who still want's to own the entire original LEGO Agents theme from 2008.)

World Racers
    Meh... (I'm not even going to bother; not a single thing put's a smile on my face.)

'Dinosaur' Themes
    The models related to any particular dinosaur theme have been very boring, however they always seem to get better with the dinosaur designs, the Jurassic World (2015) sets prove that both those also lack with the playsets. The models always let me down, maybe they should start brick build dinosaurs. (See below.)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
    catwrangler
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,006
    Hmmm...interesting discussion.

Firstly, having experienced Chima, Nexo knights and Ninjago, I really enjoy these themes. Some great minifigures and they`ve introduced some interesting new pieces. Of course, some of the sets are a bit repetitive (much like city!) and some are hit and miss (although I`ve enjoyed all of the Nexo Knights sets) but overall I`m really pleased. I have to agree with others, that the Chima cartoon was really poor. I`ve not seen much of Nexo Knights yet so can`t really comment. 

Regarding Lego that I don`t like. I am really not fond of the Friends minidolls. I really like a number of the sets, which I've bought, but it is frustrating that pink and purple has to be thrown in on almost every set. Another theme that frustrates me is Superheroes. Until this latest wave, I`m fed up with really poor builds, but great minifigures. Much the same with Star wars - some of those sets are really poor builds but some great minifigures. Lastly, the cost of these IP themes is just getting out of hand. May be this is why I prefer Chima, Ninjago and Nexo knights, where I feel you are getting much better value for money.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    I would just like to step in and say Ultra Agents was one of my favorite in-house themes from recent memory. Fantastic villains, sleek Tron-like good guy vehicles, and great parts. The Ocean HQ ship was one of the best sets of last year outside of D2C offerings.
    ShibTheBigLegoskimsandersdougtspharmjodSumoLego
  • ToddMyersToddMyers Cincinnati, OHMember Posts: 403
    I despise all things Technic.
    SumoLegoYodaliciousdurazno33
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    The ting that bugs me about friends is that they 1. feel the need to have different, incompatible with lego, and 2. the dreadful color scheme that assumes everything needs to be purple and pink. 
    1. Friends sets are compatible with lego.

2. The colours are bright but much more than just purple and pink. I'm glad they have made the wider range of colours.

yah chima was pretty terrible. kiddy storyline, lots of one-use pieces, the list goes on.
    What were these lots of one use pieces that appeared in Chima? They seem no worse than most themes.

Chima had a good range of sets, especially earlier waves. And also some fun games like the speedorz.
    BumblepantsAanchirrd1899
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    I'll put my hands up to actually liking quite a bit of Chima stuff too. In honesty I didn't get the theme at all until I picked up Eris' Eagle Intercepter on a massive reduction (about £7 if memory serves) - the design of that set just sold me on the bird mech type sets, that one was definitely the best of the theme for me.

I think just about every theme has provided parts that can be useful so I can't think of any themes I hate. Some sets I look at and think look lack lustre, but frankly even specialised parts interest me for the potential of how else they might be useable with some imagination 
    catwrangler
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,006
    I would just like to step in and say Ultra Agents was one of my favorite in-house themes from recent memory. Fantastic villains, sleek Tron-like good guy vehicles, and great parts. The Ocean HQ ship was one of the best sets of last year outside of D2C offerings.
    I forgot to comment about Ultra agents. I loved the villains. I agree the the Ocean HQ was an incredible set - its a shame that it wasn`t available world-wide. I had to import mine from the US (at extra cost as well - I just had to have it!)
    BumblepantsTheBigLegoski
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    at first i hated nexo knights! but i got over it and very much appreciate it for its parts for cmf moc potential! and pyramids!
    AllBrick
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 787
    Hate is a strong word... Some of the themes I'm absolutely not interested in, are: 
    • Mixels: I just don't get it the whole point of these weird things
    • Chima: dull storytelling and weird, unuseable parts
    • Bionicle and all other constraction figures: because to me it's too far from the 'lego' feeling
    • duplo: because it's for toddlers
    • juniors: too juniorized, lol
    • Disney princess, palace pets: why? Just why? 
    • Angry Birds: allthough there are some cool parts and builds, I don't feel attracted to the theme.. 
    • City volcano explorers: what's city about these sets?
    I could go on ...
    sets
    BUT thankfully, there are themes I'm not interested in, because else, I'd be broke! It's hard enough to keep up on all the cool Star Wars, Super Heroes, Modular Buildings, Creator, Elves ... 
    I have never gotten the popularity of Mixels, especially with adult collectors.
    Bitsyww2CircleK
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    I like Mixels as fun little parts packs. Nice as little gifts to have to hand for kids and often available at a discount. also I think some of the tribes are quite cute so can make for nice small displays for those with little display space.
    rdflego
  • Bitsyww2Bitsyww2 Member Posts: 27
    The NHL subset of Sports was ghastly. #3542 as an example of how awful these were. I would take Jack Stone over these and that is saying something.
    Ugg Sports, I had forgotten Sports.  You reminded me of them, Blech :P  Yep couldn't stand those lines either.  I remember flipping through the advertising booklets all super excited about the other lines and feeling the sports sets were a waste of pages and plastic.  
    catwrangler
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    wardm said:

Seems a bit harsh to single out volcano explorers. What is city about arctic explorers, forest police, swamp police, deep sea explorers, space port, ...
  • Brinstar85Brinstar85 Member Posts: 42
    Interesting to see that Ultra Agents divides opinion! The theme was a real mixed bag and, on the whole, the standard of sets didn't live up the original Agents theme. The notable exception is the Ocean HQ which was one of the best system sets released last year. It was a real pity that it wasn't released in the UK. I managed to source a copy off Bricklink recently I am delighted with the purchase. It's really nice to see a futuristic Lego warship with a brick built hull.

I definitely don't hate any Lego theme because different themes have different target markets and themes like Nexo Knights and Legends of Chima clearly aren't aimed at the AFOL market. That being said I don't think that any other theme has consistently disappointed me more than Ideas. There have been some great unique sets (Exo-Suit and Maze spring to mind) but it just seems a pity that so many great projects get passed over because they are either too big or not based on an IP. I do appreciate that Lego has to pick sets that are commercially viable but when I look at many of the projects that have been approved I am very underwhelmed.
    TheBigLegoski
    I have never gotten the popularity of Mixels, especially with adult collectors.
    They're like LEGO Muppets! Goofy little characters with exaggerated personalities. Besides that, they're inexpensive parts packs, which is never a bad thing even if you have no interest in the builds or characters themselves. I think the Mixels building contests here on Brickset have pretty much proven the versatility of these sets.

I haven't really gotten any Mixels myself, besides one I got for Christmas and one I bought at a convention for parts. I like them, but there are so many out there, not to mention so many other, more expensive themes I'm already committed to collecting. With how much I spend on planned purchases and how bad I am at keeping my collection organized, I'm not too comfortable buying things on impulse.
    CCC said:
    wardm said:

Seems a bit harsh to single out volcano explorers. What is city about arctic explorers, forest police, swamp police, deep sea explorers, space port, ...
    I mean, Arctic explorers are really the only ones who are decidedly not in or near a city. Cities can definitely have space ports, forests, swamps, or volcanoes. But I agree with your sentiment that it's weird to single out the volcano explorers — there are probably more cities near volcanoes in the world than cities near space ports!

Beyond that, it's important to remember that a theme name is more of a brand than a definition. The City theme basically encompasses modern-day, real-world playsets, the same way Castle encompasses medieval playsets in general, not just castles. Think of it like The Lord of the Rings theme. The Ring is not in every set. Sauron (the literal Lord of the Rings) is not in ANY set. But they're all a part of the overarching Lord of the Rings story and brand.

I also have to agree with @CCC, I'm a bit puzzled at all the claims that Chima has limited-use or unusable parts. Honestly one of the things I loved about Legends of Chima is how much amazing creativity went into the brick-built sculpting of the vehicles, and how many versatile new parts it introduced. The only parts that feel overtly Chima-specific are the character heads and Speedorz — otherwise, the weapons, armor, and decorative elements could all be usable in other sci-fi, fantasy, or even modern-day MOCs. Anyone care to name any of these supposedly "single-use" Chima parts?
    catwranglerBumblepantsrdflegobrumeyTheBigLegoski
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,551
    I'll see after I complete the lion chi temple. probably in 2-3 weeks. parts look nice. lots of uncommon colors.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    edited June 2016
    Found some of those Knights Kingdom action figures, they're pretty horrid, some odd parts and colours though.

Bionicle doesn't do much for me either.
    Dantos