Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Has anyone else found these green parts boxes with their sets??

THE_JEWYTHE_JEWY South KoreaMember Posts: 4
 I found that some sets have in their boxes, these green parts trays along with the set itself.
I have now amassed about three of these ones, and one more that looks the same but half sized.  

I've also found a couple of these yellow styrofoam ones in some sets.

I think they're just promotional items, but I've never seen one in any set that I bought outside Korea. So is there anyone out there who has also found these little boxes and knows why they only seem to be in sets in certain countries?

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Wow! Which sets did they come in? I wouldn't mind if one of those green parts trays turned up in one of my sets...
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,956
    Interesting mystery! I'm interested to hear more about this!
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 722
    What sets were they included in? I'm just curious. 
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038

I have seen the lime-green one in other colors and larger sizes too. I have seen some pretty big ones with the same circle designs on the sides listed on eBay. I really wanted to get a whole bunch of them as they looked like great storage and sorting boxes, but they were so hard to track down, so I gave up.

• ToddMyersToddMyers Cincinnati, OHMember Posts: 403
    edited June 2016
    It's hard to tell from the pic, but I think that a trans-clear version of the green box was provided with the Year of the Snake set (#10250).  The Year of the Snake box was divided into two compartments.
  • THE_JEWYTHE_JEWY South KoreaMember Posts: 4
    edited June 2016
    What sets were they included in? I'm just curious. 

I found the most recent one in the Resistance X-Wing, and the earlier ones came from some Marvel sets and Lego Movie sets. From what I can tell, these are turning up randomly.
  • THE_JEWYTHE_JEWY South KoreaMember Posts: 4
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/23890/has-anyone-else-found-these-polybags-in-their-sets#latest

I think I found the answer in my other very similar discussion thread
  • ToddMyersToddMyers Cincinnati, OHMember Posts: 403
    edited June 2016
    This may be true for the green boxes, but the Year of the Snake box was clearly designed to hold the clear plastic tray. I think in that case, LEGO designed the box originally to hold the clear tray (as opposed to just tossing it in to take up more space in the box).