Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,725
    GET THAT BANK AWAY FROM THE WINDOW.
    BumblepantssnowhitieLego_StarxwingpilotPenkid11SalamalexKingAlanI
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    It's great to see you have found a way to build comfortably again. Perhaps you should get some technics and motors and get lego to do the lifting of the table for you
    snowhitieSprinkleOttercatwrangler
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,867
    so what do you do when you are sitting in a hospital bed, waiting for the iron infusion to finish because your body can not absorb iron from food. you have finished looking for the soon to be 5 year old family members birthday gifts. and you have a laptop that can run LDD?

why you start to build #10179 in LDD of course.
    there is no way i will ever have £2500+ to spend on 1 lego set.
    so i go with the next best thing. build it in LDD.
    catwranglerSalamalex
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,005
    Noticed today that my Vader Keyring has gone and done a Luke and lost one of his hands. 
    bandit778 said:
    Noticed today that my Vader Keyring has gone and done a Luke and lost one of his hands. 
    *points to EP3* he lost more then 1 hand,
    try 2 arms 2 lags, most of his organs.
    and his mind.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,005
    Weeeeeeelll, to pick holes just a weany bit, it was Anakin that lost all those bits not Vader (from a certain point of view).
    Still miffed that his hand is missing though.
    DroneSprinkleOtter
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,903
    @Legoboy don't worry, some of the stuff from the old table went to the window sill - it will get a nice place, away from the sun!

After I posted I did realise I left stuff in the background - just too excited about the table ;)

@bendybadger that would be cool - not sure how much power a technic packs (if you couldn't tell before, I'm kind of a nube in this area, although I can change a fuse and I know how to use a drill! )
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,284
    Waiting for BrickLink to come back... Was in the process of doing a few things when it went down.
    Seriously hating the changes to BrickLink right about now... Went to do a few things before the change over, missed the chance & now, fighting the whole damn thing to find a way to do what I was going to be doing. ARGH!!!
    SprinkleOtter
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    bandit778 said:
    and his mind.
    Nope, just one arm in EP3. And not really any organs... A few may be burned up, but not removed.
    bandit778 said:
    and his mind.
    Nope, just one arm in EP3. And not really any organs... A few may be burned up, but not removed.
    i note you dont rebuke the "mind" comment.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    What was Anakin thinking jumping at Obi like that...I mean if  you had Telekinesis why not move the rubble beneath his feet to make Obi slide down. Hell with  Telekinesis who needs swords...I mean light sabers.
    SprinkleOtter
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    bandit778 said:
    and his mind.
    He does looses his feet, burned, right? They seemed gone by the time the emperor arrives. But I don't care about the prequels, so what do I care.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,822
    Got my box from [email protected] today! Fun in the Park, the Fountain, and Infernox Captures The Queen! They're all going into my wardrobe, to dole out to myself during the thin summer months... (house insurance needs renewed in July)....
    chrisalddinTufted_duck
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    @SprinkleOtter - This kind of Star Wars semantics is my speciality! :o) Anakin loses his left arm and both of his legs at the knee when he tries to jump over Obi-Wan. 
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,391
    Legoboy said:
    Maybe she wants the white to look tan like the release photos ;)
    SumoLegoSirBenBuriedinBricksPenkid11
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 928
    Decided to swap the amazing hair piece for Disney Syndrome and put on NEXO knights ultimate Flama (I love the colour and look of this minifigure). Looks good but could be much better in a different colour (may be the mix of transparent red/orange). 

bandit778chrisalddincatwrangler
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    ^its looking great
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    eagerly awaiting bricklink to come back!

I M AT WORK!  need to do something!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,500
    Maybe you need to work at Brinklink, to make it work? :)

@samiam391, coming along nicely, our son caught sight of it just now & laughed saying "Mario's got no head," I then explained you're still building him.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 928
    samiam391 said:
    Part way through another layer I realized that one brick had been set one stud forward too much... which had completely ruined the whole layer... which had ruined the 3 other layers I had laid on top.

I've since back-pedalled quite a bit. Nothing like a tidy 2 hour delay in building because of errors to make a project more enjoyable.

He's still coming along quite nicely though if I do say so myself.
    That looks amazing. Great work. How did you design it? 
    SeijiAmasawa
    samiam391 said:
    Home stretch!

I'm trying to make most of his head hollow, which will make the cap a challenge (but will hopefully save some money!).

Trust me. A hollow doesn't hold a candle to the hollow statue I am making now...
    bendybadger
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,355
    edited June 2016
    I'm pretty sure that's Mario.

(My head is hollow, and I have no problems wearing a cap.)
    SprinkleOtterbandit778VorpalRyu
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,280
    msanders said:
    That looks amazing. Great work. How did you design it? 
    @msanders- It's a layer design, probably 3D scanned by the creator. "instructions" (I use that term incredibly loosely because they barely count as anything except as guidelines as to what to try and do) were purchased. No parts list, solid layers... I'd put the difficulty level up there or higher than cavegod's AT-AT, before the non-LDD instructions were made. 
    snowhitie
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 804
    My Fun in the Park arrived, despite it being on backorder till the 16th of June. Times like these I love LEGO!
    catwranglerLegopassion8
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,923
    Nothing on sale at Walmart, saw a #75078 with the box cut open. Figured someone had stolen the figs and told the service desk. Yet the minis were still there. Service desk worker guessed someone had cut too deep when opening the case. That's a new one on me.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,887
    It's pretty common for toys in general to have cuts like that. When you are just trying to get product on the shelves, sometimes you don't pay close attention to how you slice the case open with your box cutter. It can be frustrating to find packages like that though for sure.
    SumoLegord1899KingAlanI
    ^ Had that happen to a $65.00 Disney hoodie.  Didn't notice a nice surgical cut across the front of the pocket.
    ^ The real question is who would pay $65 for a hoodie.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ Not sure, but I guess a similar person that would spend slightly more on 18 small, mass produced, ABS Disney figures? :)
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyushotgunchipmunkbandit778snowhitiepharmjodKingAlanISumoLegoYodalicious
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,505
    samiam391 said:
    Home stretch!

I'm trying to make most of his head hollow, which will make the cap a challenge (but will hopefully save some money!).

If making it hollow does not work out you might be able to use DUPLO or even QUATTRO blocks to fill in some space. I've done this when building bleachers to display minigures, much less expensive and considerably lighter than a solid build using only standard-sized LEGO.
    pharmjodcatwrangler
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited June 2016
    Well I wasn't intending to display the control centre and imperial officer from #75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack (I bought the set for the shocktrooper and jumptroopers), but after building and photographing it on a black base I think it actually looks quite good.

More pictures in my Battlefront album on Flickr.

I think my obsession with black bases probably stems from playing Warhammer 40,000 as a teenager, but it does tie in nicely with TLG's CMF and UCS themes too...

Dronecatwranglersnowhitietallblocktoo
  • DroneDrone U.KMember Posts: 195
    The same thought occurred to me as I used to paint Citadel Miniatures in my youth.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Not a LEGO status...but oh no what have I done?

Time to see how shit these things are.
    bendybadgersnowhitie
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,343
    looks pretty nice on the box at least
    ^ Not sure [who would pay $65 for a Disney hoodie], but I guess a similar person that would spend slightly more on 18 small, mass produced, ABS Disney figures? :)
    Yeah, I think fashion is silly, but people into that might think the things I like are silly.
    brumey said:
    eagerly awaiting bricklink to come back!

I M AT WORK!  need to do something!
    Your job, perhaps? ;)
    samiam391 said:
    Part way through another layer I realized that one brick had been set one stud forward too much... which had completely ruined the whole layer... which had ruined the 3 other layers I had laid on top.

I've since back-pedalled quite a bit. Nothing like a tidy 2 hour delay in building because of errors to make a project more enjoyable.

He's still coming along quite nicely though if I do say so myself.
    Any big project isn't going to exactly match the plans, I've done mosaics rather than statues, but I get the idea.

^ Not sure, but I guess a similar person that would spend slightly more on 18 small, mass produced, ABS Disney figures? :)
    Guilty on both fronts.  And spent slightly more than that on 16 small, mass produced, ABS German Footballers.

Disney theme park hoodies are beyond ridiculously priced.  (But I made up for it on the Orlando PaB wall.  2x2 tan tiles...)
    SprinkleOtter
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 783
    Was graciously given #42030 (assembled, no box or instructions). It's my first Technic set of this size.

To be sure that all the pieces were there, I disassembled it in one sitting... I've never felt finger pain like this before.

Besides that, can't wait to rebuild it.
    SprinkleOtterbandit778MaffyDSirBencatwranglertallblocktoo
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    edited June 2016
    Went to the Raleigh NC Lego store last night and picked up Fun in the Park and the Dr. Who set. Much like the Dimensions Golden Ninja fun pack, my daughter ended up with Fun in the Park set. I dont mind as I got a copy of the Statue set. Also got copies of the Slimer and Bane fun packs. Woot! Woot!
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 419
    Just discovered LDD.
    chrisalddinJooTogJenniPenkid11snowhitieVorpalRyuTufted_duck
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,125
    NickF22 said:
    Just discovered LDD.
    Say "au revoir" to what little life you had... What with buying, building, cataloguing, sorting, displaying and whatever else you enjoy doing with your LEGO, LDD just opens whole new vistas of time to be lost. You should see my imaginary LEGO City; it grows by the day...
    VorpalRyu
    edited June 2016
    Legoboy said:
    Yeah, sunlight might accelerate fading and similar problems. The shelf below the window looks large enough for stable placement. All this seems particularly important with a large collectible set like Brick Bank.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    Saw these at Kohl's. Overpriced but haven't seen them packaged this way.

catwrangler
    edited June 2016
    so, i have new stuff to build.
    but i have no ware to place anything i build at this time.
    hell even the build space i keep open to build in is now to small to build a set like #10243 in.
    i need to work out a new storing plan.
    i think both #71006 and #71016 will have to be un-built and packed away.
    going by what brickset tells me.
    "i own 229 set's. and have over 75380 pieces of lego."
    and i have not been out of my dark age for even 1 year yet.
    over the next 2 months i have plans to buy only 1 lego set. and the new harry potter book. i think i need to try to work out how to store set's not on display in a way that dont take up display room.

and i need to dust #70751 as it is in a part of the room that just pulls all the dust to it.

uggg, i am thinking way to hard, my brain, is in pain.
    catwrangler
    Kids are in bed, distracting myself with LDD & my MOC parts bins as @xiahna is in hospital tonight....suspected appendicitis.