Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Series 4 Minifigures

YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
edited April 2011 in Collecting
[UPDATE]:
There are reports that the distribution has been changed in recent boxes:

3x : Hockey Player, Ice skater, Lawn Gnome, Musketeer, Street Skater, Surfer Girl, Viking
4x : Artist, Hazmat guy, Kimono Girl, The Monster, Punk Rocker, Scientist
5x : Soccer Player, Sailor, Werewolf

-------------

Thanks to WhiteFang over at Eurobricks, here's the initial box assortment:

3 Gnomes
4 Geishas
3 Musketeers
5 Rockers
4 Surfer Girls
3 Vikings
4 Frankensteins
3 Hockey Players
4 Skateboarders
5 Sailors
4 Soccer Players
5 Werewolves
4 Hazmat Suit Guys
4 Painters
3 Ice Skaters
2 Mad Scientists

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=52865

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Apart from the hair, the Crazy Scientist doesn't appeal to me at all, and I don't think I'll be alone in holding that opinion. It'll be interesting to see how its rarity factors into its desirability among the other figures (based on the imperfect method of resale value).
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 949
    Hard to believe that the Crazy Scientist will remain 2 per box. I suspect this will change to at least 3 in a box. Look what happened in Series 3 where the Fisherman was initially only 2 per box.
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    I always seem to be on the polar opposite side of general sentiment in regards to each CMF series - I, for one, love the Crazy Scientist! I also thought CMFs1 was better than CMFs2, and liked CMFs3 more than CMFs4. It's the sci-fi figures in 1 and 3 that got me the most excited, so the dearth of sci-fi related figures in 2 and 4 made them both a big 'meh' for me.

I don't understand, though, why s3 would have two sci-fi related figures (Alien and Space Villain) when s4 is going to have two monsters (Frankenstein's monster and Werewolf). You'd think they could swap one out of each series to balance it a bit more.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Interestingly, the shipping case my local TRU just received was only built for one box/60. Perhaps TLG is no longer shipping these in cases of 2 boxes?

Additionally and from FBTB:

UPC 673419144995
    TRU sku 578074
    Target DPCI 204 00 0463
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    I'm kind of hesitant to ring my local Tesco and see if they have them. Toys R Us usually think I'm mad phoning them about the CMs and I think the (I won't call them Toy department staff) workers who restock the toy shelves (!) are starting to recognise me at Tesco.
  • TervlonTervlon Member Posts: 23
    Yellowcastle, say it ain't so. I don't want these things anywhere near No. VA! That means I have to go spend money on them... :)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited April 2011
    In case you haven't seen it, this is just a brilliant, brilliant picture...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpig/5547090478/
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,619
    All of his work is brilliant...
  • Firox5000Firox5000 Member Posts: 61
    Hoping to buy lots of them tommorow at Legoland. I just hope they have them. I think they are the best minifig series yet imo.
  • Super_BeckSuper_Beck Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Ive just got a box of season 4 minifigures. The distribution was a bit different from that mentioned above. 3x Gnome, Musketeer, Surfer, Viking, Hockey dude, Skateboarder, Figure Skater. 4x Geisha, Punk, Monster, Hazmat, Artist, Scientist. 5x Sailor, Soccer guy, Wolfman. So, I've got spare Scientists too.
    ^ I've also read some other reports of recent boxes matching your distribution. I'm going to update the OP with this information. Thanks!
    If consistent, then that's great as the flask an his hair are great. Any news if the dimple patterns also changed?
    ^^ I haven't identified all of mine yet, but I do know that I have at least 3 x crazy scientist in my box.
    Good question, I'll have a look now... I ID them all through feeling you see.
    edited April 2011
    Well, in my box, most of the bumps match the code - the only exceptions where the hazmat guy, soccer player and surfer girl, whose bumps didn't look at all like the ones on the bump code sheet.
    Ugh...I'm not buying another box again just like with S3. :o)
  • LegoplayerLegoplayer Member Posts: 3
    I bought a whole box here in Indiana. The dimple pattern on brickset.com were 95% accurate and the box contained the following....
    3 Gnomes
    4 Geishas
    3 Musketeers
    5 Rockers
    4 Surfer Girls
    3 Vikings
    4 Frankensteins
    3 Hockey Players
    4 Skateboarders
    5 Sailors
    4 Soccer Players
    5 Werewolves
    4 Hazmat Suit Guys
    4 Painters
    3 Ice Skaters
    2 Mad Scientists

It was kinda fun my wife used the dimple guide, put a post it on it what she thought it was and my daughter and I used the "touch" method to confirm the dimple guess. The scientist was the only one the dimple guide didn't get right. I was a little upset to find only two scientist in the whole batch. So I kept my set and my three musketeers and my scientist and returned the rest. I like the Gnome but really isn't he just a fisherman from the third set in the shorter legs?

Oh, and hey Lego, please stop with the skateboard punks and the surfer crowd! With only one cop, you might as well make a "tagger" fig (a gang kid with a spray can) and a few more skateboarder punks with their pants hanging down. Okay kidding here but really how about other sports?

^ It looks like your distribution matched the initial report. Can you inform us where you got your box?
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    edited April 2011
    ^ It looks like your distribution matched the initial report. Can you inform us where you got your box?
    Rocao, Legoplayer stated Indiana :). Hope that helps. Here in UK I bought around 90% of an open box from Tesco and got about 5 hazmats, 5 werewolfs and zero scientists (2-3 of the rest). But maybe the box had been messed with (didnt appear to be touched to much)
    Per forum member bahnstormer
    Have any Euro members noticed variances in the codes when buying by the case? Bought 2 cases today from one store and batch codes are same but bump codes differ on some sachets - hazmat in wolf bag, punk in sailor bag and sailor in punk bag.

The QC was pretty consistent on S1 - S3 (batch 1) but looks like the gremlins have arrived now production has been ramped up.
  • LegoplayerLegoplayer Member Posts: 3
    Sorry I got my box completely untouched (it was still in the brown outer box) from the Toys R Us. I asked if they had the sku in stock and they went to the back and got out all four of them. I bought one of them and returned just shy of half the box after I got what I wanted.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Any sightings at Target/walmart in the US? I've been to most of my TRU's in the area and I'd feel weird showing up every week when they get shipments to sift threw them. I already have a complete set but now I'm looking to build up some Vikings, maybe a couple musketeers.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,615
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Yellow Castle.. I was wondering about that. I believe I got two series 4 boxes (one for a friend) from a new run. I was hoping he'd be able to get three scientists in it so he can split the price of the box with a relative... Although I do want more hazmat guys...
    edited April 2011
    Hard to believe that the Crazy Scientist will remain 2 per box. I suspect this will change to at least 3 in a box. Look what happened in Series 3 where the Fisherman was initially only 2 per box.
    I think you hit it on the head.. The boxes released AFTER April1st have the 3 scientists..(although I need to check my box) Maybe they do this as a kind of agreement for those stores who want them before Lego releases them?
    edited April 2011
    Hi, Ive just got a box of season 4 minifigures. The distribution was a bit different from that mentioned above. 3x Gnome, Musketeer, Surfer, Viking, Hockey dude, Skateboarder, Figure Skater. 4x Geisha, Punk, Monster, Hazmat, Artist, Scientist. 5x Sailor, Soccer guy, Wolfman. So, I've got spare Scientists too.
    Also keep in mind there sometimes is a difference between a sealed and unsealed box.
    If you get an unsealed box there is a chance that the store is moving packs around or moving packs from one box to another if one runs out.. I know a TRU by me saw that I brought a sealed series 3 box up to the counter then demanded a floor worker go to the aisle and break the seals on all of the boxes, including my box... :-(

IMO The only true counts are if the box is still factory sealed, otherwise who knows if the count is accurate.
    Hi, my box was a sealed box so the figure distribution hadn't been tampered with.
  • Coder_XCoder_X Member Posts: 29
    I went to buy 8 series 1 minifigs the other day, I didn't use the feel or dimple method because I didn't have any minifigs before. I came home and opened the bags, I was a little disappointed to see that I had 3 forrestmen, 2 divers, 2 indian girls and 1 clown.
    So out of 8 bags I got 4 doubles... Is that even statistically possible?!?

Does anyone think their price will go up in the future? So I can sell them later?
    ^ It's definitely statistically possible, because it happened ;o) I would imagine the value of series 1 will be higher in the future than any other series, due to the low production volumes. So, I wouldn't worry too much if selling is your thing.
    selling isn't my thing but I only need 1 of each. So I thought selling would be the best solution.
    edited April 2011
    I went to buy 8 series 1 minifigs the other day, I didn't use the feel or dimple method because I didn't have any minifigs before. I came home and opened the bags, I was a little disappointed to see that I had 3 forrestmen, 2 divers, 2 indian girls and 1 clown.

Does anyone think their price will go up in the future? So I can sell them later?
    Well if you're planning on buying more I'm after some extras from S1
    (Cheerleader, Nurse, Magician)

Matthew
    edited April 2011

I have to ask, why didn't you just use the Bar codes on the back to find the ones you wanted?
    There is a cheat sheet somewhere on Brickset for the Series one bar codes (which are unique for each figure)
    @madforlegos I didn't have the sheet with me, and I wasn't expecting so much doubles. It won't happen again...
    Out of interest, where did you find S1?
  • DunedinNZDunedinNZ Member Posts: 41
    Havent seen it mentioned elsewhere, but Series 4 was released in New Zealand around 6th of April. The bump codes are definately different than the North american ones.

From memory [only felt until I completed the set] There were only 2 or 3 mad scientists in a box, 2 or 3 ice skaters, a lot of Frankensteins, a lot of Wolfmen.
    @Matthew I bought it here in Bruges Belgium, they had S1 and S2 minifigs but no S3 or S4
    I think they're a little slow on the Lego thing… I saw some 2009 sets as well but unfortunately I cannot buy them all… :-(
    edited April 2011
    @Coder_X:
    I was not trying to be a pain, just was wondering if you knew about it. It is nice that you found packs of Series 1, seeing how rare they are I can see if you were caught off guard :-)

• brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    I know a TRU by me saw that I brought a sealed series 3 box up to the counter then demanded a floor worker go to the aisle and break the seals on all of the boxes, including my box... :-(
    Why in the world would they demand to break the seal on the box you had in your hand and were about to purchase? I would have been angry.

There is something with their inventory where selling a box or 60 x one barcode that messes them up. I've bought all my series from them and they have to scan each fig or the world ends.
    edited April 2011
    ^ Right... TRU consistently finds a way to present the path of most resistance to the consumer. Our daughter hit a growth spurt and we had an unopened box of diapers purchased from there which she would no longer fit. My wife tried to do an even exchange for the similarly priced next size up, and because she had used some "rewards bucks" to buy the original box, they refused to do it.

Speaking of those "rewards bucks", TRU was not very forthcoming with the details of how the rewards earned during this past holiday season would be distributed. Mostly they just said that you'd receive an email with your rewards in 2011. They arrived with the value split into two 2 week periods where you had to use it or lose it, and consequently the full value could not be applied on a single purchase. Of course, there were limited sales or promotions for those four weeks.
    ^ And the rewards were in $5 increments so I wonder what happenned when you spent less than $50... Even more odd is that I've not seen any Rewards Bucks since, though I had previously received several prior to the Holiday Season.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Strict customer unfriendly policies, opaque and disingenuous rewards program, and regular markup of product beyond MSRP: not a fan.
  • chertikchertik Member Posts: 43
    I was able to find a few barely touched boxes of series 4 figures at my local Five Below store in MD, USA. They were all at the checkout counter.
    @chertik - That surprises me. I'll have to go check our NoVA stores.
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    I went to the local store (not officially Lego, but only sells Lego products) because they know me there and wouldn't stare as much when I felt up all the little bags in the box-in fact, the person working there helped me because there wasn't anyone else in the store at the time.

The box was open and almost full, but there was only one out (they put them out one by one) and I only found one mad scientist. I got the ones I really wanted that I hadn't been able to find at Walmart (and I can't go back to Walmart for a few more days because they probably think I am weird for feeling the packages), so I'm just happy with that. I only get the ones I really like (shame I missed the first two series though).
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 979
    edited April 2011
    I looked through over 100 bags at my local Lego store and did not find one scientist. I also looked at my local TRU, which had an almost untouched display box out, and STILL did not find one. It's the last one I need!
  • chertikchertik Member Posts: 43
    @Yellowcastle - I know, I was surprised too when I got their flier in the mail. It was only a few weeks ago they had S2 and S3. But hey - I'm not complaining. I found all the minifigs in the box, alas there was only one scientist left. I guess someone must have gone through the box before me.
    @brickmatic: I was fuming, but at the time there was no way of knowing when I would see a full box of series 3 again and not feeling guilty of buying it because it was the only one :-)
    At the time they had five boxes so I figured getting a box out of those would not be as greedy as if it was the only one there.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    @Coder_X "I bought it here in Bruges Belgium… I saw some 2009 sets as well but unfortunately I cannot buy them all… :-( "

OOoh, now _that's_ interesting, since I'm driving to Belgium in a few months time. Might have to hire a trailer ;-)
    So... I have heard, at least by me, that the local Lego store is saying the Hockey player is the most popular right now, which I find a bit surprising.. unless people are removing the skates to make then into US football players or something....
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    edited April 2011
    I think the hockey player is so popular now because of the hockey series currently underway. People probably want to make their own little team and are picking the boxes clean. It is hard to find here as well, or so the woman in the store told me.