Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What series do you wish Lego had?

Comments

• ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    edited June 2016
    Yeah I get what you mean. Anywoo my dream theme is  ether "The Matrix" or Terminator but both of those would go against Lego's principles. Oh well I can still dream.
    VBaskin2008
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^don't get me wrong, I agree that it would be awesome, I just can't see them doing it because I'm not sure it is that popular, and/or the popular bits seem to be pretty violent.  I would swap 'The Village' or AoH for a coliseum with chariots and big cats every day of the week, but it ain't gonna happen.
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
    edited June 2016
    But just imagine the government building shootout in from The Matrix Lego I get chills just thinking about it.
    VBaskin2008
    edited June 2016
    I actually kinda think that Lego could get away with a gladiator theme. I mean they did have the CMF gladiator.
    VBaskin2008
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    MattsWhat said:
    ^don't get me wrong, I agree that it would be awesome, I just can't see them doing it because I'm not sure it is that popular, and/or the popular bits seem to be pretty violent.  I would swap 'The Village' or AoH for a coliseum with chariots and big cats every day of the week, but it ain't gonna happen.
    @cheshirecat this was (inaccuratly) aimed at your post.
    VBaskin2008
    edited June 2016
    Oh whoops l thought you were talking about my Terminator comment. well live and learn.
    VBaskin2008
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    I'm genuinely surprised that LEGO haven't done an ancient mythology series yet 
    Definitely something that I've been hoping for, and I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that LEGO might consider it with Nexo Knights conflicting with their typical castle range.
    VBaskin2008
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,994
    Another vote for James Bond and a historical theme.

Also Buffy, but that's never going to happen.

Or a book themed one, Charlie and the chocolate factory (still with candy in my head) or His Dark Materials.
    VBaskin2008
    @snowhitie - in terms of books I'd love a theme based on classic literature, one of those projects on my to MOC list that I'll likely never get round to.
    VBaskin2008
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,994
    @Shib if you do ever do it, definitely share, that sounds great.

Or a theme on musicals, Singing in the rain or WOZ - well we've got the wicked witch, so who knows!
    VBaskin2008
  • Thecollector123Thecollector123 United States Member Posts: 67
    I would love Lego wipeout sets. I think it would have a lot of awesome play features.
    VBaskin2008
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I would love Lego wipeout sets. I think it would have a lot of awesome play features.
    The TV show, or the video game?
    VBaskin2008
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    or the video game of the tv show. :)

andheVBaskin2008
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,786
    Judge Dredd - that's suitable for children, right? And no-one could complain about the massive motorcycles!
    brumeymessyJohnyk668VBaskin2008
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,246
    ^Can I voice my approval of that thought? ;-)
    There's about as much chance of LEGO doing a JD / MegaCity 1 theme as they have of doing a Hannibal Lecter Dinner Party set, however... :-(

;-)
    MaffyDbobabricksmessyVBaskin2008
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    a creator beach set with steven seagal kickin seagulls!

chuck norris punhcing dolphins

van damme coming home

sly stallone all alone

arnold schwarzenegger  ...
    VBaskin2008
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    What would be the one series that you would love to have in Lego Brick form? It could be anything: a game, tv show, movie, revival of an old series...or maybe one of your own! Whatever the case is, I'm really curious what everyone would love to have in their collection.
    Kidd Video, Dinosaucers, Inhumanoids, The Flying House, The Mysterious Cities Of Gold, Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors, Widget The World Watcher, Captain Planet And The Planeteers, Visionaries: Knights Of The Magical Light, Dino-Riders, Road Rovers, Jonny Quest & Pole Position.
    josekalel
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    I think it's interesting how TLG keep feinting at classical antiquity and its mythology - the warrior and monster CMFs are always popular, you had the submerged temple in the Atlantis theme, the ancient Egyptian stuff in Adventurers (it's also come up in Indiana Jones since; you could argue that Adventurers was their way of doing Indiana Jones before they had the license), and I think there's some other little things I'm forgetting.

And meanwhile, peplum is a reliable sub-genre of historical and fantasy TV and movies that keeps on coming back... but maybe it's never a big enough thing at any one time to justify sets, particularly since a lot of the media stuff is for adults. And I think someone made a good point above about the vehicles - I mean, there are ways you could do vehicles-and-things-of-that-ilk (assorted siege engines like in the medieval castle sets, triremes, 

Btw, if anyone's looking for this kind of thing in Playmobil, it's worth checking out the supplementary catalogue; you can often get spares of Celtic/Roman/Greek etc. fighters there even if that theme isn't one of the current ones in their main range...
    pharmjodbrumeyVBaskin2008
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    Thundercats!  Oh wait that's Chima :D
    catwranglerbobabricksMattDawson77ncaachampsTechnicNickVBaskin2008
    I'm rather surprised that Lego has not released a summer camp set or something of that nature. Not including the various RVs. I think a large summer camp with multiple cabins and some canoes would big a good seller.
    MattDawsontallblocktoobrumeyGoldchainsVBaskin2008Bitsyww2
    @ImABrickManNow They actually have a summer camp subtheme for Friends - I'm not sure about cabins, but they do have the canoe and various other activities. And I don't know if you're into Creator, but they've got a rather nice line of outdoorsy sets like Lakeside Lodge and Vacation Getaways that might interest you. 2014's Mountain Hut is cool too, if you can find it...
    VBaskin2008
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,216
    I'd like a microworld theme in a similar idea to the Bricktober/Mincecraft Microworld ranges - plus it would mean they could do multiple IPs!

On a realistic note, I'd love Firefly. Cargo ship (so no weapons per se) but there's quite a fair bit of adult content.
    VBaskin2008
    edited June 2016
    @catwrangler I more was thinking of a rustic woodland camp set with maybe three cabins two canoes and 6 kids with two counslers and maybe a jeep. All within the city theme.
    VBaskin2008
    Well, you never know - they did do that rural police subtheme in City a year or two ago, so if other camp/rustic/woodland stuff they do sells well, maybe it'll happen one day!
    VBaskin2008
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    Also a big fan of Asterix; Tintin; Jules Verne collection
    catwranglerAanchirVBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Spaceship line.

Nothing but futuristic spaceships/spacecraft.
    catwranglerMattDawsonVBaskin2008
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,517
    Would love to see more Fantasy stuff. Dragons based on Anne MacCaffrey's books would be fantastic. 
    VBaskin2008
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,877
    Also a big fan of Asterix; Tintin; Jules Verne collection
    Glad I'm not the only American here who's a fan of Tintin and Asterix! :) Honestly a Tintin theme might not be too far-fetched considering there's supposed to be a new movie this year or next. Although I'm not really counting on it getting a LEGO theme since LEGO passed it over the first time around.

In terms of other licenses, I wouldn't mind Steven Universe sets. Miraculous Ladybug could also be a good license, especially as a mini-doll theme, but perhaps a bit unlikely since it might be too similar conceptually to the upcoming DC Super Hero Girls theme.

In terms of non-licensed themes, I think LEGO has been doing a pretty good job with those lately. A sci-fi theme with mini-dolls would be a good niche to try and fill though.
    bluedragoncatwranglerVBaskin2008
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited June 2016
    I think the Roman stuff could work if it is put into either a treasure hunt theme a la Pharaoh's Quest or a Lost Hero/Percy Jackson scenario with the Ninjago show treatment. Between Homer and the Greek and Roman myths in general, there is a ton of story potential for LEGO to use, and we can then use the parts to make more historically accurate renditions ( or Gladiator movie moments - Are you not entertained?!).

Other than that, I would LOVE a LEGO Mystery Shack from Gravity Falls.
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 731
    Nintendo. Everything Nintendo. 

I bought some of the Mario Kinex sets and they were absolute junk. Lego and Nintendo would make a small fortune together. Imagine all the variety from games and characters from the last 30 years.
    SumoLegoShibBrickDancercatwranglerpharmjodAanchirLEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    Aanchir said:
    Glad I'm not the only American here... 
    You may well be. I live in the US but I'm not American :-). My kids are but I am exposing them to cartoons I watched growing up. Maybe not only for their sake!
    catwranglerAanchirVBaskin2008
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,141
    edited June 2016
    ^^ Too bad Nintendo and Lego complete in the Toys-to-Life space.  That probably forecloses any licensing in the building toy arena.
    VBaskin2008
    @SumoLego - not nessisarily, there has already been a skylanders/amiibo crossover, i think Nintendo have cleverly poised Amiibo as a different approach to TTL so it's not like a direct competition 
    AanchirVBaskin2008
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    Nintendo in general 
    VBaskin2008
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,527
    Lord of the Rings:Return of the King series.
    Minas Tirith £169
    Mumak £99
    The WitchKing Battle with Eowen £69
    Battle Trolls Seige Tower £59
    Grond £44.99
    Prince Imrahil and Gondorian Knights Battle pack £20
    Southron Battle Pack £15 
    Orcs of Mordor Battle Pack £15
    Minas Tirith Battle PacK £15
    Rangers of Ithilien Battle Pack £15
    Army of the Dead Battle pack £15

bluedragonbrumey77ncaachampssonsofscevaVBaskin2008
    i would be all over a "Game of Thrones Theme" ...

nice list venunder!
    VBaskin2008
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    In order of want:
    He-man (MOTU)
    Greek Mythology
    X-Men

VBaskin2008
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    The Mummy would make for a cool theme.  I know there was a Pharaoh theme a few years ago but would love to see a new pyramid and some cool set pieces around that franchise
    catwranglersonsofscevaVBaskin2008
    @Chubbles Universal are rebooting The Mummy and their other horror franchises. Depending on the tone/rating of the movie, maybe that'll give us the chance to get some licensed sets.

The other thing I was thinking about the "themes need vehicles to prosper" thing is that, as well as the idea of modern treasure-hunters, time travel would be another way to bring vehicles in... wouldn't be my preference, but it's an option. Heck, if they wanted to go all out and do a cross-platform thing like Nexo Knights or Ninjago, time travel could be a pretty cool way to do it. You'd need stuff like a time machine, a base and maybe some other vehicles to unify it, but then for each year's wave they could go to a different civilisation - Ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt...
    ChubblesVBaskin2008
  • mpfirnhabermpfirnhaber Member Posts: 65
    I would love to see DuckTales sets. With the success of the Disney CMFs and a new DuckTales series on the horizon, I suppose it could happen.
    pharmjodcatwranglerCircleKLEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,994
    I had also hoped for a historical / Roman / Greek / Egyptian theme after the inclusion in CMF - three Roman, three Egyptian, and quite a few Greek if you include mythology. I would even go for an odd theme that used the parts - like the Spartan helmet in Atlantis. Could they reuse the Roman helmet and shield in Nexo?

But they dumped their stocks of the Spartan helmet (loads of plain ones on secondary market) and more recently the S2 torsos in US BAM. Which doesn't bode well.

I find kids still love history, my son and his friends are always reading about ancient Rome, Egypt, etc. 

I'd really like a fleshie skirt piece like the Spartan or Roman. I'd buy 100 of those and fleshify my legions.
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
    edited June 2016
    we already have a time traveler theme! 
    TIMECRUISERS ...  
    and the LEGO MOVIE THEME the follow-up. its somehow also a "cross-theme" with comic, ninjago,western, pirate, city stuff....
    LEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
    If Lego rebooted Timecruisers I'd buy every set in a minute. 
    VBaskin2008
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 278
    Whenever I hear Greek mythology I think of the God of war games but that will never happen with all the violence involved.
    Sets of the Hydra, the Colossus of Rhodes, crossing the Styx with Charon etc. would be quite something though and that's without all the minifigs and bigfigs involved; the Gods, Titans, Minotaur, Icarus, Harpies, Gorgons...
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,994
    Well we have a couple of the Gods, a Minotaur, a Gorgon, ...
    catwranglerVBaskin2008
    And fauns! (Also usable as satyrs...)
    VBaskin2008
  • StevutzStevutz Member Posts: 5
    The problem with doing historical themes is that you almost always end up treading on sore spots for particular cultures.  It's hard to implement without highlighting the losses, injustices or stereotypes that provoke strong feelings.

The two themes which would probably see me spend a small fortune are Discworld and The Muppets.
    catwranglerLEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
    I just thought of another theme that I'm sure many people would buy, Lego sets based on the Christopher Nolan dark Knight trilogy, yes I know that there have been afew such as the UCS tumbler and a couple loosely based off the last two movies but imagine a Lego Joker's bank robbery that would be awesome and a better minifigure scale tumbler. Although the problem with having sets based off of those movies is the dark subject matter, plus the last one came out back in 2012 so yeah most likely not gonna happen.
    VBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Snoopy.

Would have a huge draw worldwide.

Or Hello Kitty.
    Ok. Not that one.
    LEGO_Dad77VBaskin2008
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    I'd be buying Snoopy and Peanuts!
    VBaskin2008