Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Halloween Legos for display?

LordCromLordCrom Granada Hills, Ca.Member Posts: 8
Hello,

In a short period of time I've become very addicted to Legos. I would really like to create a display of Legos for Halloween. I've begun to pick up some of the smaller sets of Monster Fighters and the biggest sets of Scooby doo plus I purchased the complete collection of series 14 mini figures (monsters). 

I was hoping I could find out from those who've a better knowledge  then I of any other "Halloween" type Legos I should look into picking up to really  fill out my collection?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,941
    The main ones we have used are the ones you already are focusing on

-Monster Fighter
    - Scooby-Doo
    - Series 14

There are a few other minifigs that fit the theme that are out there. I would just check through the various series. The other thing you can find in CMFs are the dress-up outfits that we can use for kids characters. 

I have also used 
    Lego 70133
    Lego 70138

There is another Ninjago spider out there, but I felt it was a bit to technic looking, while the spider with 70133 is wonderful. 
    LordCrom
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Studios had some nice creepy sets.
    SumoLegoLordCromkiki180703
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,941
    Also we have occasionally used sections from LOTR Escape from Mirkwood Spiders.
    Spartacus spider is the spider I was talking about. (70138)

I always thought one could use Arkham Asylum.

The problem is that all the ones I have listed are mainly ones one would need to buy resale. 

Of of the ones that are out, I would not miss the Mystery Mansion. 
    LordCrom
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,778
    (Lego)
    LordCrombobabrickskiki180703AdzbadboySprinkleOtterCoyotelilyMattsWhat
  • LordCromLordCrom Granada Hills, Ca.Member Posts: 8
    Thank you tamamahm. I love the look of the 70133 spider. I'm surprised Lego hasn't made larger Halloween sets. Have they ever said why they don't?  I would love to see them do sets along the same themes that Lemax produces. 
    Yeah, Arkham Asylum would be good.
    LordCrom
    I'm sure there is some concern on Lego's part of being accused of the negative nonsense associated with Halloween.

(Atleast in the US.)
    LordCrom
    SumoLego said:
    I'm sure there is some concern on Lego's part of being accused of the negative nonsense associated with Halloween.

(Atleast in the US.)
    Are you telling me that evil spirits don't roam the earth on October 31st?
    LordCrom
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,407
    You haven't mentioned #10228 Haunted House, that's pretty large. 
    LordCrommadforLEGO
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,873
    I'm sure the omission of #10228 was deliberate. Don't want to discourage @LordCrom from the get go now do we :)
    LordCromtamamahmkiki180703madforLEGOAdzbadboygmonkey76
    SumoLego said:

(Atleast in the US.)
    Are you telling me that evil spirits don't roam the earth on October 31st?
    They're out there from November 1st through October 30th as well.  It's just more difficult to get free 'fun' size candy on all of those other days.
    LordCromSprinkleOtter
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    Another use for the Superheroes racers could be as trick or treaters.  With the short legs they could be kids dressed up as superheroes.
    LordCromsnowhitiekiki180703SprinkleOttertallblocktooAdzbadboygmonkey76
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    #76035, Jokerland, is kind of creepy.
    LordCrom
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 495
    what about the ghostbusters sets?
    LordCrom
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,470
    edited June 2016

The Dimensions #71221 Wicked-Witch set could be useful, and there will be more coming out this year: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Seasonal/subtheme-Halloween/year-2016

LordCrom
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 763
    edited June 2016
    Ninjago's got some ghost minifigs from season 5. Lego creator Changing Seasons has a nice model for fall with ghosts and has Halloween written all over the design. 

Then here's this, if you want to moc another haunted house. Alternate build of #5891.
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/21286/spooky-house-featured-in-the-club-magazine/p1
    LordCrom
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited June 2016
    Jestro's new lair might work.. I'm going to guess at #70323 then check the link to see I was right.

Edit: Boom!
    LordCromcatwrangler
  • LordCromLordCrom Granada Hills, Ca.Member Posts: 8
    Thank you all who have responded. You definitely have added to my list of items I need to pick up:)
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,268
    edited June 2016
    #9470-1
    I guess it can be bought at a decent price without the figs
    LordCrom
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited June 2016
    Some good suggestions in this thread. I won't mention Monster Fighters or Scooby Doo since you're already aware of those. Otherwise, here are some other ones that might inspire you:

#850487 Halloween Accessory Set
    #40122 Trick or Treat Halloween Set (not well received here, but I like it)
    #40090 Halloween Bat (very cute!)
    #4766 Harry Potter Graveyard Duel (pricey on the aftermarket; I have not gotten this one yet)

Good luck! Please post some pictures when you're able to get something together! :)
    LordCrom
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    SumoLego said:
    (Lego)
    (LEGO)

See how ridiculous this whole thing is?
    SprinkleOtterLordCromSumoLego
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    #70708 - Hive Crawler

LordCromcatwrangler
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,268
    ^ this thing is actually really scary it seems. at least it scared the crap out of my sister when she saw it move. I wonder if it would work with power functions?
    SprinkleOtterLordCrom
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    edited June 2016
    Yup, you'll find a couple videos on YouTube showcasing the set with Power Functions. I can't seem to find the one that controled the leg movement and the launching of the cocoons; it was very impressive.
    LordCromcatwrangler
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 894
    Tower of Orthanc! Excellent Halloween set....!
    LordCromcatwranglerInfinitymanAdzbadboy
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,433
    Red monsters from Nexo Knights would make good trick or treaters/monsters. Most of the sets are on sale at Lego.
    LordCromcatwrangler
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    Personally I think that a wolf head from chima works well as a werewolf you could try that.
    LordCromcatwrangler
    SumoLego said:
    (Lego)
    (LEGO)

See how ridiculous this whole thing is?
    Yes, but my brain auto-correct yields:

Lagos or Lego.  

Either way, very confusing or very pretentious.
    LordCrom
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    gmonkey76 said:
    Red monsters from Nexo Knights would make good trick or treaters/monsters. Most of the sets are on sale at Lego.

Definitely, not a fan of Nexo Knights overall but I love the Ultimate baddies,  #70334 and especially #70335.

LordCromgmonkey76