Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Monthly building contest - May: DON'T EAT THAT!

ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
Last month was a bit of a tricky one, so congrats to all entrants, they were all fantastic, the winner though is @Salamalex - please PM me your address for a prize.

This month to make it easier for more participants we are going back to nice part useage as the theme, with the seed part...any LEGO food item. That's right folks, dig out your sausages, bananas and berries and show us what creative use you can find for those shapes.

Same rules as usual, please only post a max of two images per post, as many entries as you want and new builds prefered please.

get building.
BumblepantssnowhitieGothamConstructionCocatwranglerkiki180703

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,947
    Nice phrasing. Sounds like a fun one. Somehow I missed the last one completely
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Was written in a bit of a hurry, but figure with this forum sausages was the appropriate choice ;-)
    Yes, i might have bought tonnes of the mixel that had them just for those parts!
    bandit778rdflegokiki180703
    edited May 2016
    ^Ohh nice! That is what happens when someone actually tries to make a good sausagecopter!
    GothamConstructionCobobabrickskiki180703VorpalRyu
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 731
    ^ Not really, I just took an existing City helicopter and strapped some sausages to it.
    bandit778kiki180703
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Loving the skid-mounted condiments :-)
    catwranglerGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited June 2016
    @Shib are we getting a June contest?  Not as many people this month and I feel bad for not getting much chance :(.  Fingers crossed it will pick up.
    I thoughtit over a bit yesterday and have decided not to continue, lack of interest makes it hard to sustain, but if anyone else wants to take up the reigns then please feel free.

so the final winner is @Bumblepants - congratulations please pm me your address.
    bandit778BumblepantsGothamConstructionCobobabricksSirBensnowhitiekiki180703Mynatt
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,973
    @Shib
    Thanks for holding these contests over the last few months, It has been enjoyable to have a go when I could, even though my building skills outside of the instructions leave a lot to be desired.
    Mynatt
    @Shib Wow thanks! Appreciate the work you put into this and sorry to see the contest go. It is fun to try and build things out of the ordinary and see what others come up with.
    GothamConstructionCokiki180703Mynatt
    @Shib Thanks for having a go.  It's a shame that people can't be bothered to take part.  I quite like it as it makes me build something I wouldn't otherwise, but finding the time is sometimes hard.
    Maybe I'll give it a go this month, does everyone have a Disney cmf? How does best Disney diorama grab you? Not got one? Just shove any old minifigure in and tell us who it is meant to be.  Rules: has to fit on 16x8 baseplate (or equivalent) with minimal overhang, no height restrictions.  If enough people are in (comment here) then I will get the thread up this weekend (I need to throw together an example).
    BumblepantscheshirecatGothamConstructionCocatwranglerSirBensnowhitiekiki180703Mynattmafon
    ^sounds fun. I will be in the 'improvise without a disney cmf' group though
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I was thinking similarly, maybe a part contest is too limiting - a themed build. Disney, Dino, Ancient Greek/Roman etc might be more inclusive. 
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,973
    Sounds good, will have a bit more time this month as well now that hols and stuff are out of the way. 
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    I saw the Banana copter and threw in the towel...

Still, thanks for holding these.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    Thanks for running these, @Shib - I'm sorry I've not had the energy/original thought to do anything for the last couple of months!

@MattsWhat, I'd like to join this Disney-themed build; I can sub in another minifig! 

I'll also volunteer to do a thread next month - I reckon I can scare up some prizes....
    MattDawsonsnowhitiekiki180703Tufted_duck
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    edited June 2016
    I've really enjoyed looking at what other people have done but haven't had time to do anything this month. I'd have a go at others but, realistically, probably not this month as I still have too much to do. Thanks @Shib
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    @catwrangler
    I'll take up the torch for August if you do July!
    catwranglersnowhitiekiki180703
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    Awesome, let's do this thing! :D

MattDawsonkiki180703
    OK.  I will knock up a quick example and get it all rolling this weekend.  I will run until the end of june but won't be able to declare a winner until I am back from cycling - probably won't be until the 5/6th.  Not a problem though.  Then @catwrangler for July then @MattDawson for August.  I'm thinking a couple of Disney Minis makes a good prize for my month.
    MattDawsonGothamConstructionCocatwranglerSalamalexWicksy80snowhitiekiki180703Tufted_duck
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    And I'll do September @MattsWhat !

Haven't been taking part because of my health but I'm finally building again and I think these are great way of thinking out of the box. Good plan to do it in turns @shib can't have to do all the work, but thanks for getting these started!
    GothamConstructionCoMattsWhatkiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    Dibs on October!
    MattsWhatkiki180703snowhitie
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,349
    Right, I'll throw myself in the mix to run one in November - and will also start a new thread to keep track of who is running when and for volunteers for future months.