Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disney CMF

Comments

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,594
    edited May 2016
    brumey said:
    all 18 for 62€     ....   any cheaper anywhere ?
    I think lego sell them 3€ here. well, if I find them one day.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    ^That's cheaper than the US.  The 3 Euro includes VAT.  The 3.99 does not include the usual 6-10% sales tax.  So even if your currency conversion is 1.2 $/euro, you end up $3.6 per minifig vs. ~$4.3 in the states
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    CCC said:
    My WHS had loads yesterday too, one unopened and at least three unopened boxes downstairs, another opened and another sealed upstairs.

I don't see these being that hot in the UK.

They were not sold out online in UK/Europe last week when I was looking on line vs the US.  So I agree that they don't seem to be as popular across the pond as they are in the States.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Makes sense, right?  Disney is likely highest in US interest (kids here are basically force fed lots of it here), and less so elsewhere in the world.

Sounds to me it's more a result of Lego not hitting the distribution sweet spot on what those different levels actually are.
    SumoLegoAmanda1983
  • nolatronnolatron Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2016
    Was at the mall today at a toy store that has a small selection of Lego actually had some Disney CMF on the rack, next to some series 14 and 15. 

I didnt buy any Disney as I only need 3 more that I figured I get from swapping or buying directly, but now I'm wondering if I should go back and pick 'em up since they so darn hard to find for people. 
  • Bitsyww2Bitsyww2 Member Posts: 27
    SumoLego said:
    Someone pilfered all of the Malificents in Western New York.
    Go a little farther west to Erie PA, I felt about 6 in a box at Barnes and Noble tonight. She's super easy to ID that might be why she's getting grabbed up fast.  

SumoLegokiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,029
    Makes sense, right?  Disney is likely highest in US interest (kids here are basically force fed lots of it here), and less so elsewhere in the world.

Sounds to me it's more a result of Lego not hitting the distribution sweet spot on what those different levels actually are.
    Disney is pretty popular just about everywhere.  Anecdotal evidence is typically unreliable.  I haven't seen a shortage in my market - not everything needs to be a Furby craze in order for a product to be popular.  These aren't iPhones.

Tough to gauge the general availability until we are a few months out.  But I expect they'll sell more, but also produce more.
    ARo2891kiki180703Amanda1983
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    ^couldn't have said it better myself.  I also think confirmation bias comes into play here a little.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,024
    SumoLego said:

Disney is pretty popular just about everywhere.  Anecdotal evidence is typically unreliable.  I haven't seen a shortage in my market - not everything needs to be a Furby craze in order for a product to be popular.  These aren't iPhones.

Tough to gauge the general availability until we are a few months out.  But I expect they'll sell more, but also produce more.
    Do not speak of the evil that is "Furby's", you may restart there invasion of the earth.
    VorpalRyukiki180703Amanda1983
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,317
    It is fairly similar but not quite so extreme in the UK. I think we are just used to getting CMFs cheaper than retail, and there are plenty of other pocket money toys available at lower prices.
    Amanda1983
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 343
    edited May 2016
    These are more popular than I have seen from any series I have seen so far.
    My local Big W had 5 full boxes, plus about 2 boxes worth loose in a display tub on Monday. I went back today (Thursday) and there was only one box left. 
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,161
    Regarding stock levels, my Toys R Us had quite a few when I went looking for the last 9 I needed last weekend. 

With the Walmarts, I found about half a box at one of them, but none at the other two. Haven't checked Target or Barnes and Noble.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    They have what seems the content of 3 boxes at the Houston TRU (across Memorial City Mall).

If you are looking for aliens, I think I left a couple :)
    Got 9 aliens and a Captain Hook.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 340
    @MinifiguresPlus - received my set yesterday, safe and sound!  Thanks!
    MinifiguresPlus
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    as did i, thanks @MinifiguresPlus
    MinifiguresPlus
  • TheBrickVideoTheBrickVideo Halledale (USA)Member Posts: 21
    Do you think the fact that they are opened will afect the final price of an entire complete serie ?
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Thirded - Another satisfied @MinifiguresPlus customer. Their service was excellent as always.

A few thoughts after finally getting these in hand.

This series is so much better than I originally gave it credit for. I'm honestly quite pleased with all the figures. The molded skirt pieces used by Minnie and Alice are by far my favorite new part.  I hate cloth accessories, so it was really nice to see this piece come to be.  I just wish we would have gotten it earlier for the Series 11 Pretzel Girl b/c it would have been perfect for her. Genie actually looks much better to me without his head cap / ear piece. I think they should have just painted his ears on the figure head and left it at that. Finally, I kept looking at Ariel's hair yesterday thinking it may work for Mary Jane.

That's it. Looking forward to S16 now b/c I am going to keep buying these stupid things forever. 
    InfinitymanAmanda1983MinifiguresPlus
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Do you think the fact that they are opened will afect the final price of an entire complete serie ?
    What do you thin ?
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Got em yesterday!!!  Thanks Jon at MinifiguresPlus!!
    MinifiguresPlus
  • nolatronnolatron Member Posts: 39
    Just curious but has anyone who pre-ordered from Minifigure Madness received their set yet?
  • Darthtater147Darthtater147 United StatesMember Posts: 59
    @nolatron My order was marked as complete, which I'm guessing means it shipped, but no I have not yet received my set. 
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    Oooooh!
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    JooTog said:
    Time to watch Toy Story again to look at THE CLAW :)

Bah!! 
    You have one more than I do!! I thought 16 was a good stopping point.

tallblocktoo
    tamamahm said:
    JooTog said:
    Time to watch Toy Story again to look at THE CLAW :)

Bah!! 
    You have one more than I do!! I thought 16 was a good stopping point.

I would have stopped at 16 too, but got the 17th by miskate, so next stop will be 20 :)
    Found another one at Target today, so two more to go.

Not counting the first one that will go in the series display (so 'real total' is 19).
    tamamahmAmanda1983
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    They are available again from [US] [email protected] Probably be sold out soon.
  • Panda_HeroPanda_Hero The bottom of the Mariana TrenchMember Posts: 24
    My genie was missing his ponytail so I emailed support and it only took them about one MOnth to reply. Man making my voice crack is a lot harder in text. No but seriously, i better get like five packets for this.
    Amanda1983kiki180703
    Time to resurrect this thread. How are supplies in the US doing? 
    Haven't seen any at my regular "sources" this week: Target, B&N and TRU.

I already have the whole set + several duplicates. Just need a second Genie and I'll be done (unless I find more aliens, of course).
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    And....still waiting to see these in stores locally... Thinking Adelaide disappeared off all our local retailers maps again. :(
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    I saw two boxes in Walmart yesterday. Still not sure how they are at Target. 
    Boxes seemed pretty rifled through though, because I swear one box was solely Cheshire Cats, Mickey, Buzz Lightyear, and Aladdin.
    It's funny like that.  I haven't seen a Buzz or Ursula in the wild... ever.

Tons and tons of Mickey, Mr. Incredible and Aliens.

And not one has shown up at any Target location in WNY - atleast West of Syracuse.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Is there a bigger certainty than a series 2. So many characters that would be amazing missing. 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,367
    71040 Disneyworld Cinderella Castle could include some new figures. 
    Lego_StarDedgecko
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    My Target put out at least 2 new cases yesterday. I'm not sure how many they have had. I was able to put together a full set and pulled a bunch of extras (Malificent, Ursula, Cheshire & Alice). So far I just have my set and the extra set and figs. I could probably have put together an extra 6-8 sets or more just in the figs I've happened upon. I think this series will do well, but I've been hesitant to buy very many yet. I still think the floodgates might open and we will see these still on the shelves into Christmas this year.
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    CM4S said:
    71040 Disneyworld Cinderella Castle could include some new figures. 
    I remember you mentioning tinkerbell, any other new characters or just new variants to some of these CMFs? 
    CM4S
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    pharmjod said:
    My Target put out at least 2 new cases yesterday. I'm not sure how many they have had. I was able to put together a full set and pulled a bunch of extras (Malificent, Ursula, Cheshire & Alice). So far I just have my set and the extra set and figs. I could probably have put together an extra 6-8 sets or more just in the figs I've happened upon. I think this series will do well, but I've been hesitant to buy very many yet. I still think the floodgates might open and we will see these still on the shelves into Christmas this year.
    I have a feeling the 2nd series will have a much larger production run than the first due to the overwhelming response.

But that doesn't suggest that this first series was a small run; it just is barely meeting the overall demand.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    edited May 2016
    Actually found these finally and had time to feel some bags. Found Ariel and Ursula, which were my big wants. Also snagged a Malificent. Somehow mistook Mickey for Stitch (my daughter's want), so I will need to keep hunting.
    SumoLego
    (Short legs!)
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Actually found these finally and had time to feel some bags. Found Ariel and Ursula, which were my big wants. Also snagged a Malificent. Somehow mistook Mickey for Stitch (my daughter's want), so I will need to keep hunting.
    Feel for the round ears Mickey and Minnie
    Then for the nose for confirmation.
    The Bow means Minnie.

Stitch has LONGER ears and no pointy nose.
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,570
    ^and short legs stitch has
    edited May 2016
    ^ Also short legs does Yoda have.

(I'm sure the mistake was made in haste.  I made the same mistake thinking Hook's hat was Ursula's posterior.)
    BuriedinBricks
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 642
    edited May 2016
    ^ mistook his hat for buzz light year head piece
    Two points of verification...
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 883
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Also short legs does Yoda have.

(I'm sure the mistake was made in haste.  I made the same mistake thinking Hook's hat was Ursula's posterior.)
    LOL I thought I was the only person who did that
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    I've found them at all of my local Targets, and twice at the Lego Store.

However, I can't for the life of me find Captain Hook, Peter Pan, the Cheshire Cat, or Mr. Incredible. Weird!
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^  Yes, it is odd how you can find multiples of some figs and absolutely none of others.  Same thing happened to me.  Of all the figures, I'm still trying to find a Daisy Duck!  And, she's one that is difficult to find by touch.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^she really isn't, a quick shake to get the small bits to the bottom corner and her bow is obvious.  Deciding between her and Minnie is easy enough - she has no skirt (big and moulded) and no ears.
    ^ Yupper.  Bow w/o skirt is pretty easy to identify.