Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Catalogs

2»

Comments

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,812
    just join the vip programme, its the easiest way to get on mailing list for catalogues, emails and deals.
  • omgitsrenzoomgitsrenzo Member Posts: 46
    @richo .. Cant you ne a VIP online? Its kinda hard for me to' actually go to' a store since its 2 hours away
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,298
    You can google " Lego catalog" and it will give you a link to view it and to sign up for delivery.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    2001 was the last year for any wide-spread inclusion of catalogs in modest-sized sets as far as I can tell. My sets from 2002 did not include catalogs though admittedly I bought very little Lego in 2002 so they might have included them in a few of the larger sets. By 2003 there were none though. It was a disappointment since I have loved the catalogs since I first started collecting in 1980/81. I lost most of them from my childhood when my mom threw them out back in '88 but I still have those from 1989 through 2001 saved.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    A sales associate at the LEGO Store yesterday told me they would not be receiving any more catalogs and that you would gave to order them online going forward. If this is true, then I think the catalogs have one foot now in the grave. Anyone else hear of this?
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,298
    I've never seen the catalogs in the Lego stores, just the kids magazines.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    I've never seen the catalogs in the Lego stores, just the kids magazines.
    Same here.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    On my last visit to my Mum's house I found a 1981 catalogue which my sister and I had marked with which sets each of us owned. This will prove invaluable when the day comes that we split up our collection, which still resides with Mum for the benefit of the grandchildren!

I'm DYING to get all my Space sets.
  • dmg111dmg111 Member Posts: 40
    I get them just for buying stuff online. I did not have to enroll in the VIP program. I also still look forward to getting them, even with the onset of e-commerce.

:)
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Does anyone know how often these come out? I got my first one for the summer a while back, and it came with a coupon. I was wondering if they had a fall one so maybe I could get a coupon to use for the opera house.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    edited July 2013
    I collect all the Lego catalogs, these are roughly the months they are released:
    January (January)
    Spring (March)
    Summer (June/July)
    Autumn (September/October)
    Christmas (October/November)
    Christmas Special (November/December)

Note: I only came across one coupon which was released in the Autumn Catalog 2012.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    The next one is due to be mailed in mid September, if the back of the UK Summer catalog is anything to go by.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Thanks
  • BobkovBobkov Member Posts: 30
    Just received my lego catalog yesterday. I immediately flipped it over to get the coupon off the back, and found it wasn't there. So I frantically pawed through to see if it was inside a leaflet or something inside but nadda.

This is the second catalog in a row that hasn't contained a coupon. Has anyone been receiving the 10% coupon in the fliers?

Now how will I buy the $100+ sets :(.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    I have received my catalog yesterday, coupon is on the last page. With all its exclusion right now, there are not many 100+ sets that it can be applied to. Beside the Technic sets, I see 4 in the catalog, #75020, #75021, #75010 and #60026.. small selection...
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    I swear the people at my Post Office take my Catalog almost every time. I haven't received mine yet and didn't get 3 out of the last 4. I live within 15 miles of 2 stores. Fortunately, in the past, my LEGO store has been kind enough to just give me 10% anyway. We'll see if that flies with all the new policies in place.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    We only get two catalogues a year in Australia, around February and August.

Although I do enjoy looking at them, they tend to not have any of the exclusives in them, I have yet to see a Modular or UCS appear in one (last 3 years anyway). No special offers etc are given :(
  • BobkovBobkov Member Posts: 30
    ^^^ I was pretty darned careful in my search for it. I'll check again tonight, but usually it is on the back cover. This was US/East. Perhaps they have a different one for the central region?
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Not everyone gets a coupon. I received one once when the closest LEGO store was 300 miles away and I couldn't use it. Now that the closest store is just under 100 miles away and I visit 1-2 times per month, I haven't seen a coupon. Some speculate that it has to do with proximity to store, but I don't believe that's the only factor or I wouldn't have received a coupon, and others who live closer would always get one.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited September 2013
    I live 150 miles from the closest Lego store and I've NEVER received a coupon. I have a friend who lives within 10 miles of a Lego store and he's never received a coupon though he's only been collecting Lego for a year or two compared to my 33 years.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited September 2013
    ^ More statistics for speculation: Received catalogue yesterday. 10% off coupon on back cover. Live ~75 miles from nearest store. Visit 3-4/year. Live in US/East.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,372
    I have tons of catalogs. I need to scan some and share.

@omgitsrenzo Yes, you can go online and they'll send you one. Usually, when you place an order, you will start receiving them on a regular basis.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    I can't recall the last time I received a catalog that didn't have a 10% coupon....it's been a while. I expect it each time I receive one....just like last week.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    Didnt see this post earlier, but posted elsewhere: I live a good 3hrs from the nearest store, and my catalog has a coupon. First time I've gotten one on it.

Pretty weird.
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    1265 said:

I can't recall the last time I received a catalog that didn't have a 10% coupon....it's been a while. I expect it each time I receive one....just like last week.

Funny - I can't remember the last time I did receive a catalog without requesting one, and I live about an hour from 2 stores. Maybe it is all random!

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Just received a new catalog yesterday!
  • ChrishughesChrishughes Member Posts: 5
    i've got some from the early 80's (complete with ticks and wants written on the pages) one even has a price on it which must mean it was bought from tyrell and green (john lewis). i used to spend hours looking at those dreaming of what i could make and getting ideas, my son age 6 now does this.

omgitsrenzo
    there is a page on the lego site uk.

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/ByCatalog
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Just got my new Catalog yesterday.....and wow, it had the 10% discount coupon on it. Seems very random whether I get the coupon or not.
  • DevastatorDevastator Member Posts: 66
    These catalogs are different from the kid's club magazines them sometimes hand out in stores, right? I don't understand why I've never gotten one. I have a registered VIP account, I've requested them online, and I also have a store 10 minutes from me that I've spent a lot at in the last year. Not sure what else I have to do to start getting catalogs.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,302

Just got my new Catalog yesterday.....and wow, it had the 10% discount coupon on it. Seems very random whether I get the coupon or not.

I wonder if you get a coupon on a catalog if you go to a LEGO store near you in a certain amount of time, and if you do not, then those do not get coupons?

All I know is a I a load of old catalogs from late 70's through the 80' into the 90's and they always take me back, remembering how I wanted all of those sets that I did not have.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652

These catalogs are different from the kid's club magazines them sometimes hand out in stores, right? I don't understand why I've never gotten one. I have a registered VIP account, I've requested them online, and I also have a store 10 minutes from me that I've spent a lot at in the last year. Not sure what else I have to do to start getting catalogs.

You are correct that the Catalog and Kids' Club Magazine are two different publications. My son gets the Kids' Club Mag and the Catalog is addressed to me.

I really don't remember why/how I started getting it- I'm just glad I do receive it! I think possibly I started receiving it after I placed an online order, as I live at least 75 miles from the nearest Lego Store, but this is just a probable reason guess, I'm really not sure. Why not order on line next time, and see if you start receiving catalogs. It's worth a try. Good luck.